• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Blades and Drivers aren't paired together like they are in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 right? Wouldn't that mean Lora and Jin would have to be a duo character? If so, I don't think they'd go with them unless they could impliment that in a way that doesn't give them more than one moveset.
Torna's gameplay has a fighting game like tag team system. I put them both down because maybe it could tie into a potential gimmick? Lora is the central MC though to keep it brief.

....Or just cut the crap and give us objectively best girl Mythra. :191:
I see only facts in this post

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
The one who said reveal on Monday also said this

He said he doesn’t want to be thought of as a leaker or that we think he’s messing with info and us cause he doesn’t find it funny, he just wants to inform us with what info he has on hand
"I'm not a leaker, but I'm a leaker. Trust me."
-The Leaker (paraphrased)​

D

Deleted member

I slightly prefer Mythra to Pyra, but I think they are both nice.

( NOT USERS, I don't choose favorites in this house.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
View attachment 285330
Has HotGirlVideos69 always had a Chibi-Robo avatar and banner?
I'm sorry, but even humoring this leak for a moment

You're telling me Nintendo, the company that supposedly picked the DLC, and made ****ing ZIP LASH, would pick Chibi Robo?

Really?

Like, don't get me wrong, it'd be ****ing sick, but Nintendo don't give 2 ****s about Chibi Robo.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Torna's gameplay has a fighting game like tag team system. I put them both down because maybe it could tie into a potential gimmick? Lora is the central MC though to keep it brief.
The only way I could see this working as a single character is if they were a controlled like normal character, but were visually 2 characters. Could be neat, but I dunno how realistic a portrayal that would be.

PLANTMAN

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
3314-3608-8898
Well he wasn't a leaker but he’s just sharing what he heard. not trying to become famous you know

if it’s wrong then oh well he never wanted to be a leaker Anyway

TheShiningAbsol

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry, but even humoring this leak for a moment

You're telling me Nintendo, the company that supposedly picked the DLC, and made ****ing ZIP LASH, would pick Chibi Robo?

Really?

Like, don't get me wrong, it'd be ****ing sick, but Nintendo don't give 2 ****s about Chibi Robo.
Right, that's what I thought too.

But then I thought...

Zip Lash 2 baybeeeeee!

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Well he wasn't a leaker but he’s just sharing what he heard. not trying to become famous you know

if it’s wrong then oh well he never wanted to be a leaker Anyway
I mean, it is wrong in a sense.

When you flat out say "Hey guys here's this information I've heard"... how do you expect people to act/respond to that realistically? You are, by all accounts, leaking.

To say "I'm not a leaker", but then to potentially drop information that NO ONE ELSE knows, is by itself, leaking.

There's a reason that a lot of people who DO have info never say a word, because they know if they do, they'll leak ****.

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah, I'm sorry.

I think Chibi Robo would be unironically really damn cool.

But Nintendo does not give a rats ass about that franchise and has sent it to die more times than I can count. Like, don't get me wrong, maybe getting into Smash would be the shot in the arm that the franchise needs, but....................

No

PLANTMAN

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
3314-3608-8898
If Monday leak is fake then it’s not that biggie

rex shall still get his chance if Nintendo finds it worthy of a second chance

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Chibi-Robo? I doubt it.

However, if Chibi-Robo does get in, then we could see a revival.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheShiningAbsol

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I've only ever played like 20 minutes of the GC one at a friend's house as a kid. Never played any of the others, but as I understand they only got worse. So I don't have an attachment to him lol. If this thing is legit, I hope it's Rex.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Ya know, if they did add Chibi-Robo, I would have a ton of respect for Nintendo since it would mean that they actually listened to the feedback they received for the game. Considering that said feedback was that they were being tone deaf though they would need to pull this decision from an alternate dimension.

Tfw his grab would be the Zip Lash
What? No, that'd be stupid.

It would be his Neutral Special, and the crux of his entire kit. :troll:

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, I've only ever played like 20 minutes of the GC one at a friend's house as a kid. Never played any of the others, but as I understand they only got worse. So I don't have an attachment to him lol. If this thing is legit, I hope it's Rex.
Honestly, it's not even that his games got worse, it's just that Nintendo had NO ****ing clue what to do with him after the first.

"Oh a DS game!....but it's exclusive to WalMart despite Gamestop thinking they'd carry it!"

"Oh an AR game! Hope AR doesn't become boring!"

"Oh let's take the character that people like playing with in an open world sandbox type game and make him into a 2D PLATFORMER IN A SEA OVERSATURATED WITH 2D PLATFORMERS."

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Monday Leak?
One guy with little to no credibility said that on Monday we are getting a first party character from an underrepresented series. This got some people mentioning Chibi-Robo casually, Then The pinnacle of credibility Hotgirlvideos and some donkus on 4chan are implying that it is Chibi-Robo.

Last edited:

TheShiningAbsol

Smash Journeyman
One that would only realistically point to Rex & Pyra/Mythra, but seems to be about Chibi-Robo instead.

It ain't real.
Just to clarify, I only brought up Chibi-Robo because I saw HotGirl69 or whatever has him as her avatar and header on Twitter. It's not technically related to the "Monday leak" - that's from somebody else, I just don't recall whether she had him before or not.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think the leak is fake, there is basically no evidence backing this leaker.

Shroob

Sup?
One guy with little to no credibility said that on Monday we are getting a first party character from an underrepresented series. This got some people mentioning Chibi-Robo casually, Then The pinnacle of credibility Hotgirlvideos and some donkus on 4chan are implying that it is Chibi-Robo.
Conspiracy time that the 4chan poster and Hotgirl are the same person.

7NATOR

Smash Master
If Chibi Robo gets in, I think I might be done with trying to predict characters. That's honestly such a left field choice, even among other Nintendo Characters, Even among Nintendo Franchises with no Characters. It would just be weird, but no hate towards him though

Shroob

Sup?
I gotta wonder

Let's just HUMOR this leak for a moment. For the sake of discussion.

Nintendo walks into E3 with 2 trailers:

Both are 1st parties.

One is Min Min, which makes sense due to her needing extra development time.

The other is CHIBI ROBO?

At least with Rex, yeah, that makes sense, there's a legitimate demand for Rex, or A XBC2 character to be added, so E3 wouldn't be the strangest place to drop them at all.

...but you come to E3 with 2 frankly Niche 1st party characters? Not Rex? Not literally any other BIG 1st party with waves of demand? Chibi ****ing Robo, a series you've shown time and time again to be your most hated and abused child?

....though I guess it lines up with how disappointing their 2020 has been. :013:

Like, I get that FP2 may not have as many 'big' names as FP1, but

Jesus how do we go from Hero and Banjo... to MinMin and Chibi Robo? lol... No disrespect to either, but... goddamn.

Last edited:

Dr. Yatagarasu

Smash Apprentice
My sources tell me that a 10km asteroid will impact the Earth and annihilate all life bigger than a cockroach exactly 1 minute before the Smash Direct happens on Monday.
My profile pic is a plague doctor, historically obviously very good at curing diseases because if a person dies then that's one less person that the disease can infect trust me guys
noreveal4u

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Hotgirlvideos is enough to make me completely disregard the rumor.

Yeah, there's a legitimate possibility this character isn't a huge "E3 hype character" like we've been expecting, but seriously, hotgirlvideos isn't doing this rumor any favors.

Shroob

Sup?
Like, I can believe that you flat out don't bring a 3rd party to E3

But I'd also imagine if it's a 1st party character... maybe they're gonna be a little exciting. **** like Isaac, Waluigi, Rex? Ya know, that stuff?

Chibi Robo would just..... I'd throw in the towel(But not really) on speculation. I'd be bamboozled greater than I had ever been before.

D

Deleted member

Didn't they reveal Pac-Man in some mini-conversation thing, while they revealed Palutena at E3?

Shroob

Sup?
Didn't they reveal Pac-Man in some mini-conversation thing, while they revealed Palutena at E3?
Yeah, but it was still E3. That, and they had Miis to go alongside her, which was meant to be a BIG deal since now you can "Make your own character!"

And even though Pac was behind closed doors... it was still E3, just gated off to press only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom