• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It's Nintendo/Intelligent Systems, last I checked
Nin is the publisher of pushmo
IS is the developer
Well when the game was brought up in the previous thread, they said it was Koei-Tecmo. I remember this distinctly.

I have been tricked, decieved, and quite possibly bamboozled.

I mean, she's already blasted Calamity Ganon in the face with a divine laser beam. I think the more likely reason would be that the existing Zelda moveset wouldn't make a lot of sense with her. Some of Zelda's movements and attacks don't really make a lot of sense if she isn't wearing a dress. Also using specials that are mostly from OoT. That's a lot more work than choosing a different version of Zelda (who also doesn't really fight).
That is true about the dress, though I think her special moves (besides Phantom) are just made up from the lore. Iirc they've never appeared in a mainline title.

SKX31

Smash Master
November 20th.

Nintendo this morning all like "Here you go, here's your Holiday game. Now, can you please stop yelling at us?"

I am so 100% okay with this. Playable Mipha will single handedly save 2020.
Hey, that would come at the exact date I turn 30, so I'd fully accept that scenario.

Also:

24K Gold Switch when? :4pacman:

Last edited:
Well when the game was brought up in the previous thread, they said it was Koei-Tecmo. I remember this distinctly.

I have been tricked, decieved, and quite possibly bamboozled.

That is true about the dress, though I think her special moves (besides Phantom) are just made up from the lore. Iirc they've never appeared in a mainline title.
Her specials besides down-B are all used by Link in Ocarina of Time. They don't do the same thing exactly, but that's the origin. Some people were thinking Zelda should have BotW runes in Smash, and that's what we're seemingly getting in Age of Calamity.

Edit: I guess the reflector is a thing she actually does. I forgot about that.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Nintendo is dropping games like they're scalding hot.

Chaps, get yourself some oven gloves!

I think this soft confirms that BotW has been delayed to next year but I don't mind. I love me some Hyrule Warriors.

D

Deleted member

“lack of sales” is was caught my attention. It seems perhaps it’s not selling that well?

I have a few more places to check in town and plan to check other 7/11 and such this weekend in more larger cities than where I currently live.

I’ve noticed that’s it’s typically 11 pm Japan time that non-Pokemon stuff gets announced or presented. Pokemon is 9-10 pm. it’ll be 11 in 10 minutes.
I mean, it started off with Min-Min, a character from a series that felt like it should have already been represented and the last fighter's pass ended with Byleth, who is yet another Fire Emblem Character.

Now you've got an inconsistent news schedule with no Direct for nearly a year now and no Smash news in awhile either; not even a teaser. Without a huge attention-grabber for a first fighter (like Joker was) and with COVID impacting the schedule, I'm not surprised sales are low.

The pass a whole won't get scrapped, but if there were any chances of a third pass, unless the next two fighters really kick a**, this will definitely be the last.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Her specials besides down-B are all used by Link in Ocarina of Time. They don't do the same thing exactly, but that's the origin. Some people were thinking Zelda should have BotW runes in Smash, and that's what we're seemingly getting in Age of Calamity.
That also means it could be adapted to Sma-gasps

Guys. They never showed Impa, but she was fighting fit at this time was she not? This could mark her 2nd Nintendo owned appearance that's actually eligible for Super Smash Bros.!

D

Deleted member

There was a problem fetching the tweet
General thoughts on this?
I would say it is great, honestly.

Animal Crossing is legendary, and 3D Mario All Stars is hype.

I have Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, but I am busy with other games.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
This year has had a ton of good games. Some people were just upset Nintendo didn't advertise them in a big 30+ minute video.

Apparently, if games aren't announced in a huge General, they don't exist. :drshrug:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Yeah I wouldn't change Hero, the menu RNG rewards quick thinking and situational awareness and while Kaboom is too ****ing good, it's hardly worse than top tiers with moves that invalidate recoveries or advantage states
Yeah, I guess it was too much to ask that one of my most wanted characters from one of video gamings most venerable franchises be playable like a real character and not just "for the lulz" ridiculousness.

Nintendo shadow dropped something again.
Lol, if someone somehow misses the title, that intro is such a huge **** you.

"I'm here to talk about BotW2! But not really though..."

But if this game really is JUST BotW Warriors, it kinda feels like a huge step back from the franchise spanning juggernaut that the first HW was.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I think in fact we did see a young Impa:

I thought Zelda was a part of her for a moment and was like "what kinda Marge lookin' hairdo is that?" lol

She may not be all important to the plot, but I'd be shocked if she wasn't playable. She may not be popular enough to get into Super Smash Bros. yet, but surely Nintendo knows of her popularity within The Legend of Zelda's universe.

D

Deleted member

Did all of you know that...

Link is in Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity?

SKX31

Smash Master
No doubt a time concession Sakurai made (which is evident in both 64 and Melee and their tight dev schedules). Sure, the movesets ended up kind of unfaithful to the source materials, but when time's of the essence developers will not care that much about that. And sometimes Sakurai doesn't know what the other devs have planned.

For example: Adult Link doesn't use a Boomerang in OoT... but Sakurai didn't know that when he developed 64. Had he known that Link would've had a different attack in 64 instead.

And then movesets do become part of characters' Smash identities with time. Falcon Punch and the Shine are the most visible examples - one could argue that Ganondorf's Down air is iconic to him (even if it's lifted from Falcon's) because it's the strongest spike in the games. If you're hit by it off-stage... better hope you have a good vertical recovery. That move straight up kills characters without good recoveries or who have burned jumps.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's still a resoundingly meh year. Ports, Sticker Star 3, another Warriors game and Animal Crossing.

Definitely not that bad, if that bad is the games burning crops and poisoning drinking water.
I hate to be pessimistic, but I agree. A year of mostly ports/remasters, yet another Dynasty Warriors-type game, an underwhelming Paper Mario, and Animal Crossing.

At least the Age of Calamity looks good. I kinda got burned out on Dynasty Warrior games a long time ago, but I can admit when they look nice. And if it allows us to get Impa or another new Zelda character added, then I'll take back my words and call it a good year for nintendo lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Screw it, I'll take this opportunity to spark off some discussion about putting Zelda characters in Smash.

Who you want.
Wolf Link & Midna.

As for who they might add, it's hard to say. I don't think they'd add Link, Zelda, or whatever Ganon's manifestation (besides the swirling malice pig) is in this game. I also don't think they'd add a specific champion for the same reasons as to why they didn't add Edelgard. I think either Impa or Kass are probably the best bets depending on their actions in this or the next game (assuming the next game comes out next year and gets cross-promoted with a character).

TriggerX

Smash Ace
The Switch is decently powerful though, and for the most part, only the most expensive AAA titles would be unreasonable to port. Even graphically intensive games such as The Witcher III and Mortal Kombat 11 made it onto the Switch just fine, one as a later release, and the other as a simultaneous one.
I’ll agree that the switch is decently powerful, but I’ve played Mortal Kombat on all 3 systems and the switch is noticeably lacking detail in a lot of the textures that are used.

To clarify, It’s not that the switch can’t run some of these games, it just requires additional work on their end. A hassle most developers don’t seem to want to go through.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Any of the BOTW Champions would be a good Zelda rep. A non Link/Zelda/Ganondorf character representing one of the biggest games in the series, with their home town or divine beast being a good stage and more BOTW music to boot. This year or next would be the best time to add them to Smash and I hope they do.

I still want Ghirahim too but no one cares about him anymore

Last edited:

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Its curious that this is not a Nintendo game, as is being published by Koei-Tecmo in Japan, they technically don’t count it as one of his games. Neither the other Warriors games counted.

Now we need a december title and bravely default 2 release date, so 2020 wouldn’t be too bad year.

Sadly, I think we will have to wait another week for CP7. :(

D

Deleted member

Calling it now, next character's getting shadowdropped.
I am with you. I definitely think we are getting our character shadow dropped very soon.

Look, we got information about Hyrule Warriors: The Age of Calamity just randomly.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd say this year will be pretty quiet outside of AC: NH in retrospect but it's been far from a bad year in terms of Nintendo releases.

In all other aspects this year can ** a *** off of a ***** and ** *** with a duck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom