• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I know this question tends to be asked a lot but I’m interested to see your responses, as per usual.

What’s your Dream Smash Pass?
Not necessarily who you think will get in, but all the characters you want. Doesn’t have to be a likely character or even one that’s technically allowed!

For me personally?

1)Blaster Blade(Cardfight Vanguard)
2)Young Wizard(Wizard101)
3)Min Min
4)Joker
5)Dark Magician(Yu-gi-oh
6) Jace Beleren(Magic: The Gathering)
I hate being late for games like this. It makes me so sad... (Ugly crying)

Anyway, here's the list of characters that I post a lot on this thread.

Fighter pass 2 wishlist with Min Min.png

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Maybe not cut but transplanting Hero's spells to regular inputs would be interesting. Not like you'd miss out on much either, since all his sword moves are slow and clunky. A character who has an answer for everything except "what do you if you just need to hit someone".

D

Deleted member

Maybe not cut but transplanting Hero's spells to regular inputs would be interesting. Not like you'd miss out on much either, since all his sword moves are slow and clunky. A character who has an answer for everything except "what do you if you just need to hit someone".
But Whoosh, Frizz, and Zap are all good too. I constantly kill people with Kazap and as slow as Kafrizz is, it still catches people off guard; sometimes even breaking their guard. I honestly really like the MP and 'random magic' mechanic he has. He's still pretty good without it too, but using it is a lot of fun.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
hot take: i live for gambling on the slot machine menu

roll for ka-boom or ka-mymaingoalistoblowup

D

Deleted member

Yeah I wouldn't change Hero, the menu RNG rewards quick thinking and situational awareness and while Kaboom is too ****ing good, it's hardly worse than top tiers with moves that invalidate recoveries or advantage states
You ever use it in DQ XI? Prepare right and Veronica can just one-shot whatever she wants with Kaboom. Damn powerful spell.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You ever use it in DQ XI? Prepare right and Veronica can just one-shot whatever she wants with Kaboom. Damn powerful spell.
Yeah, I jokingly told a friend that to make it accurate to the games, it should be a screen nuke. Haven't touched DQ8 in like 6 months but Jessica put in some ****ing work with that too, though Veronica can regain MP every battle lmao

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Used it all the time for grinding before I unlocked Critical Claim and could actually kill Metal Slimes reliably.

Yeah I wouldn't change Hero, the menu RNG rewards quick thinking and situational awareness and while Kaboom is too ****ing good, it's hardly worse than top tiers with moves that invalidate recoveries or advantage states
I also like having Link's shield mechanics. After maining Little Mac for years, you have no ****ing clue how powerful I feel just casually walking up to campers and ignoring everything they throw at me. Also gives me an actual minute to breathe so I can just sit there and think of strats while Wi-Fi Samus has a Jimmy Neutron brain blast trying to figure out how to counter my chad stride.

I'm a weirdo who uses Hero sometimes but just doesn't really use down-B.

RNG is a cruel mistress.
Look man, you got three possible options from topdecking:

1. 70% of the time it'll be relatively good or useful
2. 25% of the time it'll be useless or waste MP
3. 5% of the time you blow up or get ****ed by Hocus Pocus

SKX31

Smash Master
I'm a weirdo who uses Hero sometimes but just doesn't really use down-B.

RNG is a cruel mistress.
OTOH, IMHO you live by the RNG, you die by the RNG.

Sometimes RNG-esus smiles upon you, after all.

View attachment 284958
but the mp "****" is what makes hero so great. What fun is he if you can't magic burst and kill your opponent at 10%?
YEET Smash (channel that compiles competitive Smash clips, Dragon Smash is another) agrees:

Last edited:
You live by the RNG, you die by the RNG.

Sometimes RNG-esus smiles upon you, after all.

YEET Smash (channel that compiles competitive Smash clips, Dragon Smash is another) agrees:

I think I may have angered the RNG at some point. We're not on good terms anymore. We pass in the hall sometimes, but she doesn't acknowledge me.

I can go like 5 matches with Luigi and not get a single misfire. I'm honestly not sure what version of the game other people are playing, because in my version it doesn't seem to exist.

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
Certainly eliminating normal enemies is quite easy with that spell although it is also quite expensive but it is easy to recover MP in DQ11 and Veronica has a lot of MP so it is not a big problem

D

Deleted member

Quick Question, when was Lady Luck renamed RNGesus? Because if you think about it, they're essentially the same person.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I had a dream where a Smash trailer for Rex and Pyra was shadow dropped. It was a really good trailer too, I had convinced my half awake self it was real.

It was a good dream.
storyboard it if it was such a magnum opus

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
OTOH, IMHO you live by the RNG, you die by the RNG.

Sometimes RNG-esus smiles upon you, after all
That's exactly what makes Hero so fun to me, sure, I've landed Thwack at like 30% more often than I can count but I also laugh my ass off at dumb **** like me topdecking Hocus Pocus and rolling Kamikazee from it. Whether I win or lose is irrelevant, cause I always end up enjoying myself

SKX31

Smash Master
Quick Question, when was Lady Luck renamed RNGesus? Because if you think about it, they're essentially the same person.
Know your Meme:

The origin of the word "RNGesus" is unknown, though it was already in use within in various online gaming communities like MMO-Champion, as early as of 2009
Spread
On January 10th, 2014, an Urban Dictionary user jrad115 submitted a definition of the word[2]:

The deity responsible for situations that are determined largely by luck, chance, or randomness in online games. Derived from RNG, which means "random number generator."
Various prayers have been created dedicated to RNGesus by people who believe it would help with the odds related to various random elements in video games[3]. On February 24th, 2015, a YouTuber HysteriA uploaded a video "RNGESUS Our Lord and Savior"[4] where he, in desperation, prays to RNGesus in order to win a match of an online collectible card game Hearthstone, in which he succeeds. In 3 months the video got over 162,000 views.
I've (anecdotally) seen that term used a lot in the Dota 2 community (around the time HysteriA used it in his video): in that game there are several characters that have inbuilt crits (including one whose Ultimate has a 15 % chance to add 450 % crit to each autoattack and one of her spells), certain characters' autoattacks have 17 % to bash and thus stun, and another character has a % chance to multicast his spells and items and get up to four stuns on one cast. On the same target.

**** is crazy.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Used it all the time for grinding before I unlocked Critical Claim and could actually kill Metal Slimes reliably.

I also like having Link's shield mechanics. After maining Little Mac for years, you have no ****ing clue how powerful I feel just casually walking up to campers and ignoring everything they throw at me. Also gives me an actual minute to breathe so I can just sit there and think of strats while Wi-Fi Samus has a Jimmy Neutron brain blast trying to figure out how to counter my chad stride.

Look man, you got three possible options from topdecking:

1. 70% of the time it'll be relatively good or useful
2. 25% of the time it'll be useless or waste MP
3. 5% of the time you blow up or get ****ed by Hocus Pocus
Last time my buddy played Hero he got Kaclang twice in one match from topdecking...let's just say I was using Roy at the time.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So I made a stop at a 7/11 convenience store here to pick up something when I took a glance at the prepaid card section and was shocked to find the Fighter Pass Vol 2 was pulled. This particular store is pretty much a “ma and pa” store in backwoods Japan but I asked the clerk who was like 70 something. She said the store owner pulled it off the shelves the other day. I know her personally plus the owner so I more or less trust them but also know that maybe they don’t really know what I was asking about. Just those “vidya games”. I decided to go to a larger 7/11 afterward that’s more in the city to check afterward. Like the first one, I found there wasn’t Vol 2. I asked the clerk who said that it was pulled by request from the regional branch office but couldn’t say if it was our smaller local region or the entirety of Kanto. He also said a lack of sales led to have it removed and replaced with other prepaid cards. So I decided to head to the nearest game store called Geo to check. I was shocked to find out that they originally carried Vol 1 but opted to not carry Vol 2. Not sure if the larger Geo stores carries/carried Vol 2 buT it seems my local one doesnt.

Strange....

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Someone: "Guys, what do you think about this character, I think they have a lot going for them and can be an interesting topic to-"
This thread: "Ugh, shut up, they have no chance."
Someone: "Hero has RNG."
This thread: furiously starts typing

RetroBro

Smash Ace
So I made a stop at a 7/11 convenience store here to pick up something when I took a glance at the prepaid card section and was shocked to find the Fighter Pass Vol 2 was pulled. This particular store is pretty much a “ma and pa” store in backwoods Japan but I asked the clerk who was like 70 something. She said the store owner pulled it off the shelves the other day. I know her personally plus the owner so I more or less trust them but also know that maybe they don’t really know what I was asking about. Just those “vidya games”. I decided to go to a larger 7/11 afterward that’s more in the city to check afterward. Like the first one, I found there wasn’t Vol 2. I asked the clerk who said that it was pulled by request from the regional branch office but couldn’t say if it was our smaller local region or the entirety of Kanto. He also said a lack of sales led to have it removed and replaced with other prepaid cards. So I decided to head to the nearest game store called Geo to check. I was shocked to find out that they originally carried Vol 1 but opted to not carry Vol 2. Not sure if the larger Geo stores carries/carried Vol 2 buT it seems my local one doesnt.

Strange....

That's a scary story :(

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Not really trying to cause alarm here but it is 9:46 am EST As far as I know Nintendo normally posts at 9:00 AM EST so far the only thing that has happened was on the europe and japanese accounts was a minecraft dungeons ad a posted around 4 hours ago. Is this coincedental/circumstantial ? Probably

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
That's a scary story :(
“lack of sales” is was caught my attention. It seems perhaps it’s not selling that well?

I have a few more places to check in town and plan to check other 7/11 and such this weekend in more larger cities than where I currently live.

Not really trying to cause alarm here but it is 9:46 am EST As far as I know Nintendo normally posts at 9:00 AM EST so far the only thing that has happened was on the europe and japanese accounts was a minecraft dungeons ad a posted around 4 hours ago.
I’ve noticed that’s it’s typically 11 pm Japan time that non-Pokemon stuff gets announced or presented. Pokemon is 9-10 pm. it’ll be 11 in 10 minutes.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
“lack of sales” it was caught my attention. It seems perhaps it’s not selling that well?

I have a few more places to check in yuan and plan to check other 7/11 and such this weekend in more larger cities than where I currently live.
Huh, that really long wait time for the first character (and it not being a Joker-level reveal, not to disparage the ARMed girl) really did a number on the confidence of Vol 2 it seems.

They could reinstate Vol 2 of course, but that would require Nintendo to actually make visible moves re: FP7.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Rumors have been going around that the hack and slash Ninja Gaiden Trilogy is coming to Switch.

Makes me wonder...

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Someone: "Guys, what do you think about this character, I think they have a lot going for them and can be an interesting topic to-"
This thread: "Ugh, shut up, they have no chance."
Someone: "Hero has RNG."
This thread: furiously starts typing
What, you want people to speculate in the Speculation Thread? Nonsense.

Now let's see here, next up on our "Topics to Rehash Until the Sun Blows Up" list is...

Byleth bad. That should hold us for at least 5 pages, after that, we should be able to spend the whole evening yelling at each other about Geno and then still have some time to talk about a Pokemon rep.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Strange....
Lack of sales?

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Not really trying to cause alarm here but it is 9:46 am EST As far as I know Nintendo normally posts at 9:00 AM EST so far the only thing that has happened was on the europe and japanese accounts was a minecraft dungeons ad a posted around 4 hours ago. Is this coincedental/circumstantial ? Probably
Well, since we still don't have anything by now, I think it's pretty safe to say that we're not getting anything today.

I honestly feel that this thread should be shut down for 24 hours to give the speculation a break.
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom