• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
before you begin, first tell me your thought on Geno from Super Mario RPG. Is he either...

A: God's gift to humanity
B: literally worse than satan.

There is no middle ground.
He is a puppet. He exists. Nothing more. A song that just exists gets annoying if you're forced to listen to it 24/7 on a loop, but that goes for everything, really.

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505
I'm not talking about certain ATs getting discussed more, but a hypothetical where we DO get an upgrade, but it's not "the most deserving one" to people's eyes. It'll obviously get ugly, using our examples, would Isaac fans be fine with Alucard proving ATs can still be DLC even if he was the only one? No, I don't think they would be. It's why AT promotion is so hard to wrap my head around personally, we only have 5 characters left meaning even if they for some reason are all AT promotions, there's like 50 other interesting options available with angered fans
Well, not to get into the conspiracy area too much, but given what's happening with trademarks, I don't think Isaac fans would be too angered at that possibility. Most would go "welp, next smash game it is" with the knowledge that yes, AT upgrades would be possible. And people will always be angry when their favorite isn't chosen over others. Byleth proves this well, among other things.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
I'm actually curious what dead franchises are out there right now that you would like to see a revival of to go with a new character being announced. Hypothetically.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think Isaac fans are going to go "welp, next smash game it is" regardless of whether this game gets any promotions or not. Well, after he doesn't get in this time, at least.

"Welp, next Smash game it is" is basically the motto of the Isaac fan, lmao.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I feel if we got only 1 AT Promotion, I'd bet FP11 would be the Assist Character. Mostly cause I know people will accuse nintendo or Sakurai of "holding back the character as an Assist" the entire time. Plus the AT Character would be controvirisal. Like no matter who's chosen, Alot of people are gonna be Salty

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
And people will always be angry when their favorite isn't chosen over others. Byleth proves this well, among other things.
Except in this case, Assist Trophies wouldn't become the bogey man.

that is not a valid answer. Every invalid answer will result in one cursed image.
It...it's just his head on a chair. How is that cursed?

I'm actually curious what dead franchises are out there right now that you would like to see a revival of to go with a new character being announced. Hypothetically.
All of them.

Legit, I'd be happy for any of them.

Still waiting on my new Duck Hunt game starring the dog though.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I'm not talking about certain ATs getting discussed more, but a hypothetical where we DO get an upgrade, but it's not "the most deserving one" to people's eyes. It'll obviously get ugly, using our examples, would Isaac fans be fine with Alucard proving ATs can still be DLC even if he was the only one? No, I don't think they would be. It's why AT promotion is so hard to wrap my head around personally, we only have 5 characters left meaning even if they for some reason are all AT promotions, there's like 50 other interesting options available with angered fans
I don't see the point in raising that concern when it's just an inevitability that some people will be upset if their most wanted doesn't make it over another character from a similar stable. The nature of Smash and DLC is that someone's gonna miss out no matter what, there's no perfect option to please everyone.

D

Deleted member

Huzzah! A person of quality!
Me? A person of quality?
He is a puppet. He exists. Nothing more. A song that just exists gets annoying if you're forced to listen to it 24/7 on a loop, but that goes for everything, really.
I KNOW THE ANSWER! I GOT IT!

I don't really remember any songs besides that one theme song that Elmo sang.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
If Smash's uncanny power to help certain franchises get back on their feet could be used on anything... well, there's plenty of good choices out there, but right now if I had to pick one...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't see the point in raising that concern when it's just an inevitability that some people will be upset if their most wanted doesn't make it over another character from a similar stable. The nature of Smash and DLC is that someone's gonna miss out no matter what, there's no perfect option to please everyone.
I know, it's just that to me, ATs feel harder to wrap my head around for this to the point I just cannot comprehend why people are so confident we'll get AT promotions

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
If Smash's uncanny power to help certain franchises get back on their feet could be used on anything... well, there's plenty of good choices out there, but right now if I had to pick one...
Ah, a oerson of culture. It's a fun series that hasn't seen its own game in a while.

D

Deleted member

I'm personally betting on Phoenix Wright to be revealed. He has a lot going for him. I know you can say this for many other characters, but my gut and heart just sides with Phoenix Wright.
That's Elmo's World you uncultured swine! plays kazoo
I knew what the song was, but I didn't know the title.

Thanks for letting me know.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I know, it's just that to me, ATs feel harder to wrap my head around for this to the point I just cannot comprehend why people are so confident we'll get AT promotions
Because, Well if this really is a budget pass, and they are looking back (as can be seen with Min-Min), AT are looking good, especially since this is the game where Assists got the most Vitriol and also the game good amount of Assist got the most Popular (Waluigi, Isaac, Skull Kid, Shadow) among others.

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505
I feel if we got only 1 AT Promotion, I'd bet FP11 would be the Assist Character. Mostly cause I know people will accuse nintendo or Sakurai of "holding back the character as an Assist" the entire time. Plus the AT Character would be controvirisal. Like no matter who's chosen, Alot of people are gonna be Salty
salt.jpg

Of course people are gonna be salty, that's how Smash reveals work. It doesn't have to particularly be a AT character to do this, people are gonna be angry that their most wanted didn't get in after all.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm dreading Smash speculation after FP11.

All complaints about every Ultimate reveal are going to morph into one disgusting beast.

Hopefully I will be away when FP11 concludes. Overall, I think the Smash DLC is very nice! I love it!

Last edited by a moderator:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Imagine if this was Morrigan's reveal trailer, but with Smash footage instead of Darkstalkers footage, and a proper tagline instead of just the name.

Oh, and perhaps a remix of her theme as well. Would be nice, but it's optional.

I knew what the song was, but I didn't know the title.

Thanks for letting me know.
Just to clarify, I was kidding. I do not view you less than any of the others here.

D

Deleted member

before you begin, first tell me your thought on Geno from Super Mario RPG. Is he either...

I personally don't care about Geno that much. I don't hate him, but I don't love him either.

I would be really happy for some people who I really like that want Geno if he were to be revealed.

Noipoi, Luigi the President, ToasterBrains, ShotoStar, and TheCJBrine are some nice Geno fans that come to mind.
Just to clarify, I was kidding. I do not view you less than any of the others here.
You should.

7NATOR

Smash Master
View attachment 284759
Of course people are gonna be salty, that's how Smash reveals work. It doesn't have to particularly be a AT character to do this, people are gonna be angry that their most wanted didn't get in after all.
I get that, I just think there may be more with Assists since they are in the game already, and alot of times see comments about how Nintendo could just easily add them or something, so there may be accusations that Nintendo were holding them back to get more money out of us. A

I guess it also depends on the Assist Trophy too though. I don't imagine Isaac, Bomberman, Skull Kid, or Shovel Knight would get that much hate, except for them not being Waluigi (and for Skull Kid, perhaps people that wnated Midna, Ghirahim, or etc instead)

Waluigi would be Controversial due to everything surrounding him, especially if Geno is also in the Pass as well, as people will be salty that we got 2 Mario Characters in the same pass (when they already have 9)

Zero, Alucard, and Knuckles would also get Salt, especially if they come at the expense of Other Franchises from Capcom, Konami, Sega respectfully (and that Castlevania got 2 Newcomers in this game)

I actually imagine that Shadow would be the most Controversial. Despite how popular he is, he's very Divisive already. Him getting in at the expense of Other Sonic characters, Other Sega Characters, Other Assist Trophies would be salt inducing. Plus there be accusations that he should have only ended up as Echo since he's Black Sonic, so there's also that.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I get that, I just think there may be more with Assists since they are in the game already, and alot of times see comments about how Nintendo could just easily add them or something, so there may be accusations that Nintendo were holding them back to get more money out of us.
That does make a bit of sense; People don't seem to realize that the roles of a character in a game aren't necessarily the same as a playable one, like with how, iirc, people were angry that Monster Hunter and Black Panther weren't on the roster even though they were "already finished". They weren't.

Granted, the characters were being held back, but they also weren't sitting on the completed characters as far as I know.

Plus there be accusations that he should have only ended up as Echo since he's Black Sonic, so there's also that.
Haters: "That black hedgehog."
His fans: "His name is Shadow!"
Haters: "..."
Haters: "That Black hedgehog."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 284761
Your profile picture of an adorable frog in a car plushie proves that you are not only to be viewed as on the same caliber as everyone else, but to be viewed as superior!
View attachment 284762
No. I'm a parasite. If you get too close to me, I'll get in your skin and eat you alive.

Don't praise me or honor me. I should be disgraced and cancelled. I should be viewed as inferior to everyone.

I'm beyond redemption.

Anyways...
"Welp, next Smash game it is" is basically the motto of the Isaac fan, lmao.
The next Smash game...

Hmm...

It is so strange thinking of what the next Smash game could be, because Smash Ultimate is so amazing. It would be near impossible to top Ultimate if you're making a Smash game.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Hello Newcomer channel, what are the topics typically discussed here? I assume it is a free for all and a place where characters that are not flavor of the month are talked about?
this is supposed to be a place for general newcomer discussion, yes, but like sharklord said 90% of the time we're just stuck in a neverending loop of geno, byleth, the galar region and the funny leaker men

but tony hawk getting in will bring forth the revolution

7NATOR

Smash Master
I'm gonna be honest. Talking about Geno is Fun though, I can see why we talk about him all the time

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
No. I'm a parasite. If you get too close to me, I'll get in your skin and eat you alive.

Don't praise me or honor me. I should be disgraced and cancelled. I should be viewed as inferior to everyone.

I'm beyond redemption.
Even parasites have their uses. Why do you think the Space Pirates want them so much?

Does old-school Bionicle count? No? Alright.
Not as a video game franchise, but I would not be opposed to its revival.

D

Deleted member

Not particularly interested in him but his design is pretty interesting. Not much else really going for him IMHO though, besides fan appeal of course.

D

Deleted member

Hello Newcomer channel, what are the topics typically discussed here? I assume it is a free for all and a place where characters that are not flavor of the month are talked about?
Generally tends to go in this cycle of Geno, Byleth, hot take, newcomer question(usually asked by me to spark discussion) and then the Picture of the day by Sakurai himself.

Ngl talking about the same 4-7 characters every other week has gotten pretty boring over the few months I’ve actively participated in this thread. I prefer to just pop in, ask a question or two, then go on and do other things that are more important in the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
you know the rules, and so do i
Not particularly interested in him but his design is pretty interesting. Not much else really going for him IMHO though, besides fan appeal of course.
sanstae.png

I personally don't care about Geno that much. I don't hate him, but I don't love him either.

I would be really happy for some people who I really like that want Geno if he were to be revealed.

Noipoi, Luigi the President, ToasterBrains, ShotoStar, and TheCJBrine are some nice Geno fans that come to mind.

You should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom