• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Ignoring the already included Min Min, my pass would be Dixie Kong, Bandana Dee, Crash Bandicoot, Steve, and, (and with his Assist Trophy incarnation removed) Waluigi (he's only here because there really isn't any better pick for the end of Smash DLC).

This isn't a "realistic" pass nor a dream one (Dixie and Dee are the only ones I actually want, and even then I don't care that much for Dixie), but one that I felt would be the best direction for the rest of the DLC to go.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
On a “dream pass”?, here is my take:

• Min Min (ARMS)
  • Crash (Crash Bandicoot)
  • Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
  • Dante (Devil May Cry)
  • Kos-Mos (Xenosaga) or Elma (Xenoblade X)
  • Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven)
Crash Bandicoot = Great (2)
Sora = Good (1)
Dante = Good (1)
Kos-Mos/Elma = Meh (0)
Chorus Kids = Meh (0)

4/10 Pass for me

• 76 - Min Min
  • 77 - Crash Bandicoot
  • 78 - Isaac
  • 79 - Reimu Hakurei
  • 80 - Prince of Persia
  • 81 - Lloyd Irving
Isaac = Good (1)
Reimu Hakurai = Meh (0)
Prince of Persia = Meh (0)
Lloyd Irving = Meh (0)

3/10 Pass for me

Alright, here's a more realistic pass:

76. Min Min
77. Crash Bandicoot
78. Bandana Dee
79. Chosen Undead
80. Cinderace
81. Sora
Bandana Dee = Good (1)
Chosen Undead = Meh (0)
Cinderace = Meh (0)
Sora = Good (1)

4/10 Pass for me

Well then, since everyone else is doing it:

Dream Pass

Min Min (ARMS)
Crash (Crash Bandicoot)
Bandana Dee (Kirby)
Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country)
Rayman (Rayman)
Wild Card (aka someone like Dante, Travis, Master Chief, Rex, etc)

Theoretical Pass

Min Min (ARMS)
Geno (Super Mario RPG)
Travis (No More Heroes)
Crash (Crash Bandicoot)
Rex (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear)
Your dreams
Bandana Dee = Good (1)
Dixie Kong = Meh (0)
Rayman = Meh (0)

3/10 Pass for me

Your predictions
Geno = Great (2)
Travis Touchdown = Great (2)
Rex & Pyra = Meh (0)
Sol Badguy = Great (2)

8/10 Pass for me

My dream pass would be:
-Min Min
-Monster Hunter
-SMT Protag (either Demi Fiend or SMTV protag)
-Spyro
-Amaterasu
-Reimu
Monster Hunter = Meh (0)
Demi-fiend/SMTV protag = Meh (0)
Spyro = Good (1)
Amaterasu = Good (1)
Reimu Hakurei = (Meh (0)

2/10 Pass for me

Okay, so my "somewhat realistic Pass". Going by similar criteria as SharkLord, and defining "somewhat realistic" as around 10-25 % in RTC terms:

• 76 - Min Min
  • 77 - Dante
  • 78 - Arle Nadja
  • 79 - Ahri (LoL)
  • 80 - Travis Touchdown
  • 81 - Master Chief
Dante = Good (1)
Arle Nadja = Meh (0)
Ahri = Meh (0)
Master Chief = Good (1)

4/10 Pass for me

76. Min Min
77. Phoenix Wright
78. Elma
79. Reimu
80. Sylux
81. Crono

Here's a hypothetical. Thoughts?
Phoenix Wright = Good (1)
Elma = Meh (0)
Reimu Hakurei = Meh (0)
Sylux = Meh (0)
Crono = Great (2)

3/10 Pass for me

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Man, you should stop taking every post questioning the methods regularly used here to predict characters as a personal affront or people suggesting you should simply stop speculating. In my particular case I'm even doing the opposite: I'm saying people should occasionally spin the chessboard around and try to look at it from a different perspective instead of simply going through a laundry list of "precedent" and writing a new addendum on it whenever it doesn't pan out.

You say that speculating isn't about being right but at the same time we're all trying to get closer to the answers here. It's fun because there's an objective to reach.
You totally read that wrong if you thought it was me feeling personally insulted. I don’t feel insulted in the slightest.

I would have to agree that it would be interesting to see a rotation of the chessboard so to speak, but I’d also argue that’s what can happen with reveals like Joker or Terry. It forces new perspectives for previously “impossible” characters.

When I say that speculation isn’t about “being right” it’s that the act of speculation provides more enjoyment than the result. Even if one is wrong they can find enjoyment in the character we get. Not to mention, even if someone is wrong or right, folks mostly move on without a second thought. I used myself as an example, and I continue to meme myself with Resident Evil.

Either way, it just seems like there’s sometimes a sentiment that folks who try to speculate are “foolish” because “you’ve all been wrong before!”, but really I think that’s just a part of the process.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I Don't want to pull the Full trigger on Predictions yet

The Only thing I'm 99.99 sure about is that Geno will get a New 3D Model in this DLC, but I Don't know if it's Premium costume or Playable

I'm confident in Scorpion, and also Reimu too

I also think we'll get an Assist Promoted. Whether It's Isaac, Shadow, Bomberman, Waluigi, etc, I Don't know. I want it to be Shadow

So My Prediction list is

1.Scorpion
2.Reimu
3. Assist Character
4.Insert
5.Insert

and My Dream Pass is

1.Shadow the Hedgehog
2.Insert Character
3.Insert Character
4.Insert Character
5.Insert Character

I will say I would want characters like Dante, Sora, Scorpion, etc in Smash, but as Long as Shadow is in, I Personally don't care who else gets in and I personally won't ask for another character, at least for a long while

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
The only characters I again expect are Crash (Legendary) and a Gen 8 Pokemon (Promotion) otherwise, the rest could be anyone else though I expect a Dark Horse/Who? character as well. Part of me is feeling 2B (Have a feeling she'll be the Joker of this Pass and expecting at least one more female rep) as well.

That said current predictions are.

77: 2B (The Outsider)
78: Crash Bandicoot (The Legend)
79: Geno (Fan Favorite)
80: Elma (Dark Horse)
81: Gen 8 Pokemon (Promotional Pick)

Also, rate this Pass.

Whelp September it is then for FP7.
I would also say Lloyd and Rex are our frontrunners as well. Especially Rex, there is nothing holding him back and honestly to me, he is the closest thing to a lock that you can get without being a lock.

6/10. Crash and Geno would be hype. I don't care for the others though and I would be irritated if Rex got ripped off again.

Rate my pass:

76. Min Min
77. Sora
78. Crash Bandicoot
79. Euden
80. Cinderace
81. Sakura Shinguji
6/10. Crash and Sora are hype but again don't care for the others aside from maybe Sakura.

Now, rate my pass in terms of likeliness, and in terms of how happy you would be. I tried using variety and have taken many things into consideration. But I'm still not holding out my breath for this.

FP7 - Lloyd Irving
FP8 - Rex
FP9 - Crash Bandicoot
FP10 - Travis Touchdown
FP11 - Geno

I was really tempted to put someone like Axel Stone in place of Travis but I'm feeling really good about Travis' chances. But I could easily see a Terry-tier character being somewhere in this pass.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Okay, let me get this "prediction" roster straight...

Joker - You couldn't be more biased if you tried. I've heard a few good things about the Persona games, but it's a spinoff series that lives only on Playstation that barely cracks a million sales. If we're getting any Atlus rep, it'd be Jack Frost from the Main Series (SMT), which is loyal to Nintendo.

Hero - Dragon Quest is a nothing series outside of Japan, we're not getting a rep from it. What would this guy (or guys, as they aren't even original enough to stand on their own) even do? Swing a sword? Oh, how unique. If we get a Square character, it'll be Gaming Icon Geno.

Banjo - Okay, this is reasonable. Banjo is a beloved Nintendo icon stolen from us. At least you aren't saying Steve (a meme pick) or Mister Chef (Too Xboxy)

Terry Bogard - Another bias pick. Terry is from fighting game series that isn't even top 5, what right does it have to make it in over Tekken or Mortal Kombat? Besides, what would this Ken cosplayer even do? Are you even a Nintendo fan? For characters in and not a single one?

Byleth - You finally as a character from a Nintendo IP, and it's Fire Emblem character 8? Nice try, you got the attention of all the feamongering trolls. Besides, if we get another Iron rep, it'll be Edlegard, the most popular character.

so, in summary, your roster is trash and not a single character will be included (exept for Banjo maybe). @MasSakurai, prepare for the reality check tonight at the game awards, where they'll announce something reasonable.
This is why I still have the tiniest bit of hope for Farmer Pete lol. Certainly I don’t think he’s likely at this point, but adding a Story of Seasons character is absolutely the type of off the wall thing Sakurai would do. And people would also definitely talk about how it makes sense in retrospect if it were to ever happen.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
"I know we weren't promised any heavy hitters, but CP5 couldn't be any more anti-climactic if it tried."

Joker - You couldn't be more biased if you tried. I've heard a few good things about the Persona games, but it's a spinoff series that lives only on Playstation that barely cracks a million sales. If we're getting any Atlus rep, it'd be Jack Frost from the Main Series (SMT), which is loyal to Nintendo.

Hero - Dragon Quest is a nothing series outside of Japan, we're not getting a rep from it. What would this guy (or guys, as they aren't even original enough to stand on their own) even do? Swing a sword? Oh, how unique. If we get a Square character, it'll be Gaming Icon Geno.

Banjo - Okay, this is reasonable. Banjo is a beloved Nintendo icon stolen from us. At least you aren't saying Steve (a meme pick) or Mister Chef (Too Xboxy)

Terry Bogard - Another bias pick. Terry is from fighting game series that isn't even top 5, what right does it have to make it in over Tekken or Mortal Kombat? Besides, what would this Ken cosplayer even do? Are you even a Nintendo fan? For characters in and not a single one?

Byleth - You finally as a character from a Nintendo IP, and it's Fire Emblem character 8? Nice try, you got the attention of all the feamongering trolls. Besides, if we get another Iron rep, it'll be Edlegard, the most popular character.

so, in summary, your roster is trash and not a single character will be included (exept for Banjo maybe). @MasSakurai, prepare for the reality check tonight at the game awards, where they'll announce something reasonable.
I meant more along the lines of he's said things about FE, sword-fighters, and "big" series that people here more than elsewhere don't take kindly to.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

And now you're somehow thinking we'll get Min Min after this pass? First of all, by then the Smash team will have worked on one series since 2012, it's time for them to take a break. Second, why would they waste a slot on this random character who's already a spirit and is from a dead game no one cares about when we could have Crash Bandicoot instead?

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Even if we get a Dragon quest character there is no way it wouldn't be a Slime

Simplythe1

Smash Apprentice
To be completely honest I just want Rex and Travis, anyone else is in the pass is fine by me, there really isn't anyone I would be disappointed with, more Fire Emblem, or Pokemon? bring em in, or maybe a super niche character? I welcome them!

(well besides 2 characters, but it's less about the characters and more of some their fans being ABSOLUTE jerks...)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Rate this hypothetical DLC cycle:

#70: Piranha Plant (pre-order bonus for normal purchase later)
#71: Jill Valentine
#72: Hero
#73: Banjo-Kazooie
#74: Euden
#75: Terry Bogard
#76: Byleth
(Vol. 2 pre-order bonus for normal purchase later)
#77: Min Min
#78: Crash Bandicoot
#79: Bandana Dee
#80: Sakura Shinguji
#81: Cinderace
#82: Sora

Last edited:

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
I'll rate a couple passes and then post my dream pass. There have been a lot posted so for sanity's sake I'll just rate a few. Each character will be out of 2, so the pass will be out of 10 total.
We ratin' Passes

-Min Min
-Crash
-Estelle
-Sakura (Amamiya and Shinguji as a Hero type deal)
-Saber
-Sora

Am I too hopeful? yes 100%
  • Crash - 1/2: I don't have much of a history with Crash (I only played Crash Nitro Kart for the GBA), but he'd certainly cause quite a splash on account of being such a big name.
  • Estelle - 3/2 LET'S GOOOOOOOOOO
  • Sakura - 1/2: I know next to nothing about this series aside from a couple pics of the main characters (in fact I learned that there were multiple Sakuras just now), but judging by her design she could be neat I suppose
  • Saber - 0.5/2: She'd certainly be a bold choice but if we were to get a VN rep I'd much rather have Phoenix
  • Sora - 1.5/2: I've only played KH1, Birth By Sleep, and a bit of Dream Drop Distance, but from what I've played of the series I think Sora would translate well into Smash and would be a lot of fun
Total: 7/10
Dream Pass:
Master Chief
Jill Valentine
Dante
Crash
2B
  • Master Chief - 1.5/2: I haven't played Halo at all, but Chief would be another big name who would cause a big splash, and I envision myself enjoying his potential playstyle over some of the other big names
  • Jill Valentine - 1/2: I don't play Resident Evil, so the only Jill Valentine I've seen in-game is the MvC3 DLC character lol, and I don't think that's what most people envision when they say they want her in Smash. She'd be pretty cool
  • Dante - 1/2: He'd be a lot of fun and certainly has the personality to be in Smash, but I'd be a bit sad that Phoenix didn't make it
  • Crash - 1/2: Same reasoning as before
  • 2B - 2/2: NieR Automata is one of my favorite games, and 2B would be such a fantastic inclusion. Having Yoko Taro and Hideo Kojima's characters in the same game would be phenomenal, and the music oh my goodness
Total: 6.5/10
We're rating passes now, eh? Guess I'll throw my hat in the ring. This is mainly based on realistic expectations, but listing everyone I could see happening would take forever, so I narrowed it down based on personal bias and aiming for roster diversity. I also threw in a couple darkhorses, so my choices wouldn't end up being too predictable.
  • 76 - Min Min
  • 77 - Crash Bandicoot
  • 78 - Isaac
  • 79 - Reimu Hakurei
  • 80 - Prince of Persia
  • 81 - Lloyd Irving
The end result, I feel is pretty well-balanced. Two first-parties, two Japanese third-parties, and two Western third-parties.
  • Isaac - 1/2: I only played the beginning of Dark Dawn so I don't have much attachment to Isaac as a character, but I'd love to hear some more Motoi Sakuraba remixes
  • Reimu - 1.5/2: This would be such a wild character choice and I could definitely imagine myself having fun with her (I main ROB, so projectiles are a lot of fun haha). Plus ZUN's music would be another huge plus
  • Prince - 2/2: I'm so happy that the remaster listings showed up, both because I want them to be real and because it's gotten people talking about the Prince. I would love to see what he does with time in his moveset
  • Lloyd - 2/2: I'd be ecstatic over any Tales protag -- Tales is such a big franchise for me that I would love to see it get representation beyond that Mii costume
Total: 7.5/10
  • Yuri - 2/2: Same reasoning as Lloyd (while I think Lloyd's dual-wielding swords would set him apart more clearly from a gameplay perspective, I like Yuri's character more than Lloyd's, so it all kind of balances out)
  • Sora - 1.5/2: Same reasoning as before
  • Chun-Li: 0.5/2: She'd be cool, but I'd rather have a new franchise get a rep rather than Street Fighter get a third (or 2.5th, since Ken is an echo) character
  • Dixie - 0.5/2: Kind of similar to Chun-Li, I like the idea of this DLC bringing in new worlds & franchises, and I don't have much attachment to the DKC series, so I'd prefer someone from a new franchise
  • Phoenix - 2.5/2: He's absolutely one of my most wanted characters. It'd be great to get a VN rep, and Ace Attorney's wacky tone would fit perfectly in a game like Smash Bros.

...dang, I like the general 7/10 area a lot I guess
As for my dream pass...
FP2-Scampi.jpg

Rate away!
(I made this from a template a little while back, although I edited the Mii slots to include 5 per character -- feel free to ignore the Mii costume choices in the rating if you want)

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Predictions almost feel like a fool's errand, but this is the most reasonable guess I can make based on the balance of fan requests vs marketability with DLC.

77) Crash Bandicoot
78) LLoyd Irving
79) Gen 8 Pokemon
80) Travis Touchdown
81) Geno

One more Western company, an obvious first/second party pick to tie into a major series, and some popular contemporary characters. The last one is essentially the least likely, but this has been a game for fulfilling big time requests and it feels like the kind of thing Sakurai and/or Nintendo might feel inclined to do.

As far as preferred characters:

77) Dr. Eggman
78) Amaterasu
79) Bomberman
80) Dixie Kong
81) Terra Branford

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
To be completely honest I just want Rex and Travis, anyone else is in the pass is fine by me, there really isn't anyone I would be disappointed with, more Fire Emblem, or Pokemon? bring em in, or maybe a super niche character? I welcome them!

(well besides 2 characters, but it's less about the characters and more of some their fans being ABSOLUTE jerks...)
Well, now you got me curious about those two characters you don't want. Don't worry, we don't judge... harshly.

Though, if you'd rather not say, you don't have to. This is just my attempt at a joke.

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty much confident that we won't get Professor Layton in Smash ever at this point but I'd be SUPER disappointed if Rex and Pyra somehow didn't make it in now...
You can't just add Min Min and not add the other popular first party character that got shafted for base game bro :'(

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Oh boy! Dream passes again!

Just replace Spencer with Min Min for accuracy...

View attachment 283040
Ryu Hayabusa = Good (1)
Rizer & Bean = Good (1)
Arthur = Good (1)
Kunio & Riki = Meh (0)
Metal Slug = Meh (0)

3/10 Pass for me

Now, rate my pass in terms of likeliness, and in terms of how happy you would be. I tried using variety and have taken many things into consideration. But I'm still not holding out my breath for this.

FP7 - Lloyd Irving
FP8 - Rex
FP9 - Crash Bandicoot
FP10 - Travis Touchdown
FP11 - Geno

I was really tempted to put someone like Axel Stone in place of Travis but I'm feeling really good about Travis' chances. But I could easily see a Terry-tier character being somewhere in this pass.
Lloyd Irving = Meh (0)
Rex & Pyra = Meh (0)
Geno = Great (2)

6/10 Pass for me

I know I'm late to the party but
rate this pass:
76:Min-Min.
77:Crash Bandicoot.
78:Lloyd Irving.
79:Reimu Hakurei.
80:Scorpion.
81:Rex.
Lloyd Irving = Meh (0)
Reimu Hakurei = Meh (0)
Scorpion = Great (2)
Rex & Pyra = Meh (0)

4/10 Pass for me

Yuri Lowell = Meh (0)
Sora = Good (1)
Chun-Li = Good (1)
Dixie Kong = Meh (0)

3/10 Pass for me

Piranha Plant = Meh (0)
Jill Valentine = Okayish (0.5)
Hero = Okayish (0.5)
Banjo & Kazooie = Excellent (3)
Euden = Meh (0)
Terry Bogard = Good (1)
Byleth = Meh (0)
Min Min = Meh (0)
Bandana Dee = Good (1)
Sakura Shinguji = Meh (0)
Cinderace = Meh (0)
Sora = Good (1)

10/26 Fighters pack for me

As for my dream pass...
View attachment 283053
Rate away!
If you say so

Lloyd Irving = Meh (0)
2B = Meh (0)
Estelle Bright = Meh (0)

3/10 Pass for me

Predictions almost feel like a fool's errand, but this is the most reasonable guess I can make based on the balance of fan requests vs marketability with DLC.

77) Crash Bandicoot
78) LLoyd Irving
79) Gen 8 Pokemon
80) Travis Touchdown
81) Geno

One more Western company, an obvious first/second party pick to tie into a major series, and some popular contemporary characters. The last one is essentially the least likely, but this has been a game for fulfilling big time requests and it feels like the kind of thing Sakurai and/or Nintendo might feel inclined to do.

As far as preferred characters:

77) Dr. Eggman
78) Amaterasu
79) Bomberman
80) Dixie Kong
81) Terra Branford
Your dreams
Dr. Eggman = Good (1)
Amaterasu = Good (1)
Bomberman = Good (1)
Dixie Kong = Meh (0)
Terra Branford = Meh (0)

3/10 Pass for me

Your predictions
Lloyd Irving = Meh (0)
Gen 8 (Cinderace) = Meh (0)
Geno = Great (2)

6/10 Pass for me

Alright, I guess you can all judge my pass now that I've crapped on everyone else's.

Fighter pass 2 wishlist with Min Min.png

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
My dream pass is pretty much still this:

whatdlclookslikeifsakuraiiscool2.png

Phoenix and Kiryu and interchangeable with Sora, Steve, Eggman, and Arle Nadja.

Any one of these alongside Min Min, Inkling, and Byleth being in the game already would make Ultimate a Smash Bros. that would probably never be topped for me, TBH.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
4/10 Pass for me
Yeah, kinda expected that rating. You don't need to delve into the ones you are disinterested in / dislike if you don't want to.

Nevertheless, thanks for the honest answer.

Alright, I guess you can all judge my pass now that I've crapped on everyone else's.
Min Min: Well, she's in the game. (Damn it, now I'm thinking of EA Sports)
Touchdown: Picked him as the "small Japanese third party" representative myself. Never played the games myself, but would be interested to see the moveset.
Crono: Not my favorite S-E pick, but eh, I'll take it. I do struggle with imagining creative moves outside of perhaps the Techs, but that doesn't bother me too much when Sakurai and co are the devs.
Axel: Underrated - that said, I do wonder if staying true to the roots could limit him somewhat. Again, not an overriding concern.
Crash: Not in the highest tier, but hey, would be excited for him.
Cortez: Right on. 11 / 10.

Overall, 7 / 10.

Monkey's Paw

We're getting Melee Fox in all his broken, wavedash-y, "HIYAA" glory
Obligatory soundbank link so one can listen to such classics as "TAY!", "toRYA!" and "mishun cumpleet". Oh and listen to the wonderful Shine sound - which does everything a true Melee Fox (and Falco) needs it to do. As a bonus, it reflects projectiles:

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl

Outside of Bandana Dee this list doesn't interest me. Even outside of my personal wants though, this feels like a very "meh at best list" that just doesn't add much to the game. 4/ 10.

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
I'll rate a couple passes and then post my dream pass. There have been a lot posted so for sanity's sake I'll just rate a few. Each character will be out of 2, so the pass will be out of 10 total.
  • Crash - 1/2: I don't have much of a history with Crash (I only played Crash Nitro Kart for the GBA), but he'd certainly cause quite a splash on account of being such a big name.
  • Estelle - 3/2 LET'S GOOOOOOOOOO
  • Sakura - 1/2: I know next to nothing about this series aside from a couple pics of the main characters (in fact I learned that there were multiple Sakuras just now), but judging by her design she could be neat I suppose
  • Saber - 0.5/2: She'd certainly be a bold choice but if we were to get a VN rep I'd much rather have Phoenix
  • Sora - 1.5/2: I've only played KH1, Birth By Sleep, and a bit of Dream Drop Distance, but from what I've played of the series I think Sora would translate well into Smash and would be a lot of fun

• Master Chief - 1.5/2: I haven't played Halo at all, but Chief would be another big name who would cause a big splash, and I envision myself enjoying his potential playstyle over some of the other big names
  • Jill Valentine - 1/2: I don't play Resident Evil, so the only Jill Valentine I've seen in-game is the MvC3 DLC character lol, and I don't think that's what most people envision when they say they want her in Smash. She'd be pretty cool
  • Dante - 1/2: He'd be a lot of fun and certainly has the personality to be in Smash, but I'd be a bit sad that Phoenix didn't make it
  • 2B - 2/2: NieR Automata is one of my favorite games, and 2B would be such a fantastic inclusion. Having Yoko Taro and Hideo Kojima's characters in the same game would be phenomenal, and the music oh my goodness
Total: 6.5/10

• Isaac - 1/2: I only played the beginning of Dark Dawn so I don't have much attachment to Isaac as a character, but I'd love to hear some more Motoi Sakuraba remixes
  • Reimu - 1.5/2: This would be such a wild character choice and I could definitely imagine myself having fun with her (I main ROB, so projectiles are a lot of fun haha). Plus ZUN's music would be another huge plus
  • Prince - 2/2: I'm so happy that the remaster listings showed up, both because I want them to be real and because it's gotten people talking about the Prince. I would love to see what he does with time in his moveset
  • Lloyd - 2/2: I'd be ecstatic over any Tales protag -- Tales is such a big franchise for me that I would love to see it get representation beyond that Mii costume
Total: 7.5/10

• Yuri - 2/2: Same reasoning as Lloyd (while I think Lloyd's dual-wielding swords would set him apart more clearly from a gameplay perspective, I like Yuri's character more than Lloyd's, so it all kind of balances out)
  • Sora - 1.5/2: Same reasoning as before
  • Chun-Li: 0.5/2: She'd be cool, but I'd rather have a new franchise get a rep rather than Street Fighter get a third (or 2.5th, since Ken is an echo) character
  • Dixie - 0.5/2: Kind of similar to Chun-Li, I like the idea of this DLC bringing in new worlds & franchises, and I don't have much attachment to the DKC series, so I'd prefer someone from a new franchise
  • Phoenix - 2.5/2: He's absolutely one of my most wanted characters. It'd be great to get a VN rep, and Ace Attorney's wacky tone would fit perfectly in a game like Smash Bros.

...dang, I like the general 7/10 area a lot I guess
As for my dream pass...
View attachment 283053
Rate away!
(I made this from a template a little while back, although I edited the Mii slots to include 5 per character -- feel free to ignore the Mii costume choices in the rating if you want)
Thank you for putting Adeleine and Ribbon in the Mii Costumes, that's enough for me. It's just a pity they're so late in the cycle...

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Unpopular opinion: I think Porky is one of the more likely candidates for a 1st party FP2 pick (though, obvious biases will make me think of him as more likely.)

I think he'd be one of the coolest characters.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Personally, I feel that beyond Sakura this pass is kinda predictable, though I at least appreciate Bandana Dee. Everyone else is either on everyone's wishlist or on everyone's predictions. One or two of those is fine, but to me a pass only really shine with a couple darkhorses. I give a C ranking.

View attachment 283055
Everyone on here falls into the category of "Not actively supporting, but I'd be cool with them." I give this pass a B.
As for my dream pass...
View attachment 283053
Rate away!
Same as Trapeziums, except the characters appeal to my preferences a little more. B+.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'm pretty much confident that we won't get Professor Layton in Smash ever at this point but I'd be SUPER disappointed if Rex and Pyra somehow didn't make it in now...
You can't just add Min Min and not add the other popular first party character that got shafted for base game bro :'(
yeah, as sad as it is, im 100% sure Layton isnt coming

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Well, how about another Level-5 rep? I could see them adding Jibanyan to try and make Yo-kai Watch popular again (though I hear it's still somewhat popular in Japan, just not as much as before).

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Well, how about another Level-5 rep? I could see them adding Jibanyan to try and make Yo-kai Watch popular again (though I hear it's still somewhat popular in Japan, just not as much as before).
the most I can say to Jibanyan is nope

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Unpopular opinion: I think Porky is one of the more likely candidates for a 1st party FP2 pick (though, obvious biases will make me think of him as more likely.)

I think he'd be one of the coolest characters.

I think he only have chance if Nintendo is planning something with the Earthbound franchise for the Switch, which I highly doubt but I guess it's not impossible. For now I'd say he has 0% chances, but if there's a Earthbound remake or something in the work it might change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom