• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
I know that this drought has dragged on for too long and Nintendo is the only one to blame for such thing, but if I don't feel comfortable with the ambient, it's just as simple as not coming here. Getting worked up over leaks and the lack of news just simply isn't worth it. That's why I don't come here as often as I used to.
It's the same thing with me.

Also, I like your new avatar. Omega's the best final boss in gaming, no denial.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I'll give this a shot:

Safe bet: Dante, Bravely rep, Gen 8 Pokemon
Risky bet: Phoenix Wright, Arle Nadja, Travis
Dream characters: Octoling, Waluigi, Kiryu

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Besides the creator of NMH and Sakurai are good friends and has hone on the of stating how he went let Sakurai get away with not including Travis.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm all for that myself though. Gardevoir for life!

Edit: oh man, what if that super old fake rumor that had Gardevoir with echo Gothitelle happens lol.
Or cover all bases at once and have Gardevoir, Gothitelle and Haterenne to cover gens 3, 5 and 8.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Safe Bet: Hayabusa, Dante, Bravely
Risky Bet: Demifiend, Travis, Rex
Dream: Rhythm Heaven, Steve, Elma, HM/SoS Farmer (and to think pre-March, Min would've been here too :bowsette:)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hello, what’s this?

I can't help at think the players dedicated enough to win it already own all of the prizes.

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
So This is mostly my stance for likehoods for vol 2 rn

Among the many things I don't like about this list, the only thing I wanna ask is: Why is Crono so high? I know Chrono Trigger is literally the greatest JRPG ever made but nowadays the franchise is completely dead and I don't think SE cares about it either. Honestly I can't even picture a Mii costume for Crono let alone a full-fledged fighter.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm actually curious, how would Meowth fans feel about Perrserker being added to Smash.

I mean a Viking Cat with Wolverine claws would be dope not gonna lie.
Honestly? I wouldn’t be happy about it. I specifically want Meowth... possibly with Alolan and Galarian forms as alternate costumes. Not Persian and not Perrserker.

I want Meowth, either as a stand-alone fighter or part of Team Rocket (where Meowth actually fights in a team with Ekans/Arbok and Koffing/Weezing instead of staying in the background with Jessie and James).

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Just a heads up for anybody who still think Hot Girl is at least a little credible:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Dr.DonPatch64

Smash Journeyman
Uh... I’m not sure you want to open that can of worms
I mean Characters that don't have a unique way to work, echos and clones don't count
Piranha Plant shouldn't be in because we already had a plant fighter in Ivysaur, seriously what were you thinking, Sakurai?
/s
:/
Oh, you wanna start a flame war real bad huh? :secretkpop:
no, maybe
Goku and any other 4th parties.

Why? Because Smash is celebrating gaming so video game characters only.
Definitely True
I think literally every video game character in existence should be considered at the very least.
yep
Pikachu because too many gen 1 Pokemon. Link because too many swordfighters. Ness because he's too obscure. Captain Falcon because he has no moveset potential.
(-_- ) I know you're joking
That's probably not something we should discuss. Trust me, I made that mistake on Serenes Forest's Smash Bros. page.
Sorry
Your favorites because they probably aren't my favorites...unless they are, in which case they're fine and they can be in.
I know :'(

If you're wondering why I keep asking questions on who will get in, It just me coming up with Ideas, tho some can be pretty stupid

Not sure why I asked them

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I come on here and people are talking about more Mother characters in Smash? Must be dreaming.

Anyway yeah Mother's been done good by Smash, it doesn't need anything else but I'm not gonna complain if we get more stuff. Ninten to complete the trio would be so neat, that's just perfect. Sad thing is that since Mother's so wildly creative and different, there's tons of characters that could be fighters and super unique, but hey, I get it, you can only have so many.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Everytime someone posts about a HotGirlVideos69 rumor another Little Mac dies off stage at under 30%

Think of the Mac mains, people.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I'm assuming you mean the Earthbound Beginnings version here - between Giygas being the background, having attacks that are incomprehensible, and becoming impossible to hit as time goes on, I can't see the more famous version working well as a playable character.
He already did though.

Master Core is Giygas!

7NATOR

Smash Master
Guys, I'm so Charged up Right Now. I just got back from the "Rate that Character Thread" and one of the characters being rated today is my Hedgehog Shadow the Hedgehog. I was speaking truth in there, I was Telling the real message, like I was back at war in the Smash Community during the Base game speculation. I Love Debating people about Shadow. Like i said, it's some of the most fun I've had in my entire life

However instead of just speaking about Shadow in here, I wanna ask. What Character Drives you the most to speculate about? what character are you the most passionate Speaking about in Speculation? and this doesn't even have to be a character you want, It could even be a Character you love hating on.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Might I ask what drives you to those characters. Oh and i guess also That's a question for all the rest of you as well
Pig Ganon, Dark Matter, pretty much any darkhorse at this point.

Everyone else is talking about Genos and Crashes and Soras, my opinions on them is going to just get lost and not provide any meaningful contribution that hasn't already been said.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
What Character Drives you the most to speculate about? what character are you the most passionate Speaking about in Speculation? and this doesn't even have to be a character you want, It could even be a Character you love hating on.
Conker from Conker's Bad Fur Day lol i need great mighty poo spirit. I'll also gladly defend Croc from Croc Legend of the Gobbos.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
What Character Drives you the most to speculate about? what character are you the most passionate Speaking about in Speculation? and this doesn't even have to be a character you want, It could even be a Character you love hating on.
It was :ultkrool: before he got announced for Ultimate. With Donkey Kong only having two reps since Brawl, a lack of playable villains in Smash, his absence in his home series, and an easy moveset to adapt referencing his boss fights, he made a lot of sense as a playable character to me. No character comes close to King K. Rool in speculation to me.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Might I ask what drives you to those characters. Oh and i guess also That's a question for all the rest of you as well
For Sora it's because Kingdom hearts is the only series from my childhood that I was heavily invested in that ISN'T in Smash yet. I got all the others and having Sora would just make things feel complete for me

Eremurus

Smash Apprentice
I mean, I personally don't really see the point in speculation, although I understand why people enjoy it. It's fun and imaginative. The most I do, is say what characters I'd like, and move on. I don't craft movesets, and I certainly don't debate people over it.

With that being said, I've only really thought about two characters I'd enjoy being added. The first, which is a common enough pick and has potential, is Crash Bandicoot. There's so much stuff from his games that you could incorporate into a unique, fun moveset. He would be wildly explosive and hyperactive, hopefully.

The second, not so likely, and I have never seen anyone recommend, suggest, or advocate for them. It is Jack Of Blades from Fable, but it's an Xbox exclusive series, so that isn't too surprising. (But then again...you have Snake, Cloud..) He is the main antagonist, and is very sadistic- AND can turn into a dragon.

That's as far as I go, normally.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
As of recent I’m all in on Demi-fiend, probably because I’ve been high on SMT since last week and I’ve seen one too many people claim that Joker reps the whole franchise.

Also Shovel Knight. I just think he and his game are real neat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom