• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I'm having a bit of a hard time picturing Joanna Dark, 2B and Ms. Pac-Man as mii costumes, especially Ms. Pac-Man out of all of them. Might just be me though, I'm not sure.
Yeah I can't see Mrs.Pac-Man, unless she's a DLC Costume for PAc-Man (and if they even do Alt Costumes for Non-Mii characters). But I Don't know, I can believe Mii Costume guy cause he did get stuff right, but I'll take it with Grain of salt
Ms. Pac-Man could just be a Mii hat, like Morgana, Slime, and the Rabbids.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm having a bit of a hard time picturing Joanna Dark, 2B and Ms. Pac-Man as mii costumes, especially Ms. Pac-Man out of all of them. Might just be me though, I'm not sure.
for me it's Gooigi. how they gonna replicate the slime look? and Ms. Pac-Man shoulda been an alt, or even a Spirit. i mean she is in the bg of that one stage

He's said all kinds of things that have never panned out, so I wouldn't really think much of it one way or the other.
i still have hope for an Ori costume. it'll maybe happen later than sooner, i just want it to be a thing

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I love how "focusing" on Sonic games entails a single racing spin-off since the last main game and add-on content for Mania and mobile stuff all the while Yakuza has had 10 full releases since 2017 with recent titles including an English dub.
And don't forget they also spent the past several years focuses on other Franchises that aren't Sonic.

Like the recent Sakura wars and streets of rage revivals, Valkyria 4 and the ****ty Valkyria revolution, Space channel 5 got a new game and don't forget a little game called shenmue 3.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
He predicted Cuphead. Maybe not the most impressive prediction after Sans, but I'll give him that.

Regardless, none of the other Mii Costumes he mentioned were with Min Min, so that's already enough of a reason for me to doubt what he says. I'll wait for one more bundle, and if we still get nothing, I'll add this to the scrapheap.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Oh you mean the guy who is just him making stuff up again, which has been confirmed, yeah? Aight. Pack it up, everyone.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Joanna Dark could of really worked well as a Mii Gunner oufit.

The problem is that that window of opportunity has already passed considering Banjo came out with no accompanying BK/Rare/Microsoft themed costumes, so unless there's another MS/Rare character coming to Smash...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Man, I ain't even a SF fan and this makes me sad. That series has had a bumpy road ever since 64; I wonder why they just can't seem to make a solid new game? They seem like they really don't know what to do with it...

Anyways, what are y'all feelin' for FP7 at this point? I'm thinking September in a standalone Sakurai Presents.
Star Fox Adventures was solid.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
"The next Smash character will be... from a Toby Fox game!"

... would that even work? Other than maybe three or four characters I know little about, I've no idea which characters from Undertale and Deltarune would even work as a playable Smash character.
Honestly, an Undertale/Deltarune guess who would probably go pretty well. I'd be pretty happy with any of the choices, and even on the off chance there's a character I dislike (which I can't even think of off the top of my head), the stage and music would more than make up for it.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Joanna Dark could of really worked well as a Mii Gunner oufit.

The problem is that that window of opportunity has already passed considering Banjo came out with no accompanying BK/Rare/Microsoft themed costumes, so unless there's another MS/Rare character coming to Smash...
I don't see why not having another Microsoft character join smash would stop Joanna Dark from appearing as a Mii costume. We got Akira and Jacky with Terry Bogard and they're from Sega when we already had Joker 3 challenger packs ago.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'll tell you all right now, the Mii Costume list is fake.

A lot of 4chan "leaks" managed to make lucky guesses. That's all this list is. A couple of lucky guesses made up by someone trying to boost their credibility.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
How wouldn't 2B work? She would work well if she was a costume.
It's just... Well, unless there is censorship applied, she's not really for good boys and girls.

Then again censorship on her wouldn't be difficult.

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
I'll tell you all right now, the Mii Costume list is fake.

A lot of 4chan "leaks" managed to make lucky guesses. That's all this list is. A couple of lucky guesses made up by someone trying to boost their credibility.
Yeah, and even then this guy could just have had actual information for Banjo's Mii costume batch and then make stuff up after that, Loz18 style

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Hey, I wasn't talking about all of those other games and Atlus, because I know they exist (I'm hyped to get the SMT3 remaster for crying out loud!). I was talking about NiGHTS.
Oh sorry.
The "SEGA only makes sonic and yakuza games "rhetoric is becoming extremely annoying.

If you want a real answer to that though, Alot of SEGA IPs are niche and bomb upon release espcailly their saturn and dreamcast era stuff. SEGA doesnt have limited resources to make sequels to cult favorite game anymore, especially now where video games have become more expensive and diffcult to make. Back in 2006 alot of studios that werent use to HD developement suffered alot from this and of course with the move for less single player, more military shooters, and more cinematic gaming the industry basically just held a giant middle finger towards anyone trying to create something like NiGHTS or Jet Set radio. Nights Wii had to remove arcade score attack gameplay since it would considered "outdated" and cutscenes to make up for 60$ price point.

SEGA makes games with niche appeal. Puyo Puyo and Space Channel 5 arent games that are gonna appeal mass widely.
Hell people still haven't figured out that Sonic Adventure 2 was a arcade score attack game like NiGHTS which worked extremely well for sonic but you still have people saying everything about the adventure games being bad and aged badly.

Last edited:

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
If the Mii Costume leaker had actual info you'd think they would be able to name at least ONE of the Mii's that were just released. But no, not one of the characters on the list showed up.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Oh sorry.
The "SEGA only makes sonic and yakuza games "rhetoric is becoming extremely annoying.

If you want a real answer to that though, Alot of SEGA IPs are niche and bomb upon release espcailly their saturn and dreamcast era stuff. SEGA doesnt have limited resources to make sequels to cult favorite game anymore, especially now where video games have become more expensive and diffcult to make. Back in 2006 alot of studios that werent use to HD developement suffered alot from this and of course with the move for less single player, more military shooters, and more cinematic gaming the industry basically just held a giant middle finger towards anyone trying to create something like NiGHTS or Jet Set radio. Nights Wii had to remove arcade score attack gameplay since it would considered "outdated" and cutscenes to make up for 60$ price point.

SEGA makes games with niche appeal. Puyo Puyo and Space Channel 5 arent games that are gonna appeal mass widely.
Hell people still haven't figured out that Sonic Adventure 2 was a arcade score attack game like NiGHTS which worked extremely well for sonic but you still have people saying everything about the adventure games being bad and aged badly.
I find it funny that people keep clinging on to this belief that the adventure games aged terribly but they actually aged pretty well compared to other games of the era.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Know what game aged well? Donkey Kong Country.

I'll always say this whenever aging in games come up. I'll take any excuse.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Man I’ve been seeing a lot of support of Phoenix Wright lately, pretty exciting. Probably my number one pick going forward. If I were to choose the remaining fighter pass I’d go with...

1) Phoenix Wright
2) Spyro
3) Knuckles (**** tails and **** shadow)
3) (Tails is incredibly more likely though)
4) Rayman
5) ......... waluigi (or Fawful)

Droodle

Smash Lord
Rean_Schwarzer_%28Hajimari%29.png

-Blue Hair
-Anime Swordsman
-Student (like Joker)
-Teacher (like Byleth)
-Popular in Japan
-Would likely come with a Joker-esque comeback mechanic
-Has a mecha
-JRPG Protagonist of a series that has (slightly/decently) popular in Japan/China, and one that has a lot of legacy (like Fatal Fury)
-Company really lax with copyrights, would likely come with a similar amount of tracks as Terry.
-3rd game came out on the Switch this year, 4th game comes out on the Switch next year.
-5th game comes out in Japan next month (PS4 only).
-No Spirit Event or Mii costumes (so still on the table).

Nothing personnel kids but I think Rean Schwarzer from ColdSteel is pretty much a hard lock at this point. He clearly meets all the requirements of who Sakurai likes to add to Smash, and my source, Uncle Nintendo, confirmed it.

Just in case it needs to be said, I am joking. If (and it's a big If) Falcom gets a character, I would prefer Estelle anyways.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Also I've played Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition and now am in love, doing my second New Game + currently. I wouldn't mind a second character from this franchise, despite having only played XBDE. Xenoblade is yet another franchise I've given a go thanks to Smash. However I was already interested in the game since the late Wii days thanks to astounding praises online everywhere, but even if I'm from Europe, the game wasn't easy to get by. Glad to have finally played it. Are XBX and XB2 anything comparable in quality?

Slime Scholar

Smash Apprentice
Just how 2B and Ms. Pac-Man would would work as costumes? I could maybe see a Ms. Pac-Man hat admittedly.
How would Gooigi work as a Mii costume, for that matter? Maybe I'm just having a hard time imagining it but that sounds terrible.

He's a single-color wad of transparent goo. As a Mii fighter, he wouldn't even be able to retain Luigi's shape or silhouette.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
How would Gooigi work as a Mii costume, for that matter? Maybe I'm just having a hard time imagining it but that sounds terrible.

He's a single-color wad of transparent goo. As a Mii fighter, he wouldn't even be able to retain Luigi's shape or silhouette.
Plot twist: there's gonna be a 3rd Fighters Pass , but it's only Echoes, and it's free.

Which 5 would you pick ?

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

I mean, as weird as it looks like, we have... This.

I don't like the idea either.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, this Mii costume thing is apparently from a Mii Costume guy, brought up by Fatman...

Tell me, guys, how many things has Fatman gotten wrong, and if you can tell me, what are they?

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I find it funny that people keep clinging on to this belief that the adventure games aged terribly but they actually aged pretty well compared to other games of the era.
The current Sonic games have lost all that energy and style that they once had. Alot of SEGA game have arcadish features in them that they inherited from the companies history.

Sonic lost all of it aside from rankings, which are easy as **** to get now. In forces you can just get a S rank by hoping on 5 enemies and collecting 50 rings.

In Adventure 2 you get a A-rank by chaining enemy kills, timing tricks on rails, collecting and surviving the stage with a ton of rings, taking risky shortcuts, finding item boxes, finding gold enemies, getting a good time, etc. Y'know stuff thats made to make player take advantage of sonic and friends abilities and explore the stage.

What people actually want from a sonic game.

I assume most people are unaware of all the risky shortcuts you can take on in SA2. The level design was built for doing stuff like this.
There's spring under bridge in Radical Highway that lets you skip the entire bridge part by taking the risk of spin dashing off the platform and getting high enough speed to reach it.

@1:02

there's also the shortcut in Crazy Gadget that lets you skip the entire puzzle section near the end.

Last edited:

SilentSentinel

Smash Apprentice
So, this Mii costume thing is apparently from a Mii Costume guy, brought up by Fatman...

Tell me, guys, how many things has Fatman gotten wrong, and if you can tell me, what are they?
Fatman is not a leaker, treat his theories as enthusiastic speculation and nothing more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom