• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Persona started as a spin off of SMT. Share the same monster mythology. But grew up to be it's own thing. The end.

If Nintendo and Sakurai want a SMT character they'll get it.

Jfc you guys make a debate about all and nothing when the answer can be a single sentence.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
While I know next to nothing about SMT or Persona...I can say that same universe does not always equal same franchise. It all depends on how the IPs are handled as well as who's handling them.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
So I looked up what Shin Megami Tensei means and got "True rebirth/reincarnation of the goddess".

I'm kinda curious about an alternate universe where SMT got a localized series name over here like Mega Man/Rockman, Kid Icarus/Light Mythology: Palutena's Mirror and EarthBound/MOTHER got. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Yo, fam squad! I found some footage of the next DLC character in action! Check it out!

I thought you were going for this one:

Persona started as a spin off of SMT. Share the same monster mythology. But grew up to be it's own thing. The end.

If Nintendo and Sakurai want a SMT character they'll get it.

Jfc you guys make a debate about all and nothing when the answer can be a single sentence.
While I'm not too certain if Nintendo would want to double dip, could definetely see Sakurai considering or even asking for it. In any case, yeah I'm keeping an open mind on potential double dips personally in case Sakurai / Nintendo go for it.

Of course, wouldn't really count as double dipping since ATLUS JP don't see SMT and Persona as related really.

Gribbo

Smash Apprentice
So I looked up what Shin Megami Tensei means and got "True rebirth/reincarnation of the goddess".

I'm kinda curious about an alternate universe where SMT got a localized series name over here like Mega Man/Rockman, Kid Icarus/Light Mythology: Palutena's Mirror and EarthBound/MOTHER got. Any suggestions?
If I recall it was originally going to be called Revelations: The Demon Slayer over here.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
If All-Star Mode were to be reworked, I want to be more like the old versions from previous games... with a twist: instead of a single long exhausting gauntlet of characters, they take a page from Street Fighter V's Arcade Mode and have you fight separate sets of characters with a theme based on each Smash game. Something like this...
  • The Original All-Stars :ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultluigi::ultness::ultfalcon::ultjigglypuff:
  • Melee All-Stars :ultpeach::ultbowser::ulticeclimbers::ultsheik::ultzelda::ultdoc::ultpichu::ultfalco::ultmarth::ultyounglink::ultganondorf::ultmewtwo::ultroy::ultgnw:
  • Brawl All-Stars :ultmetaknight::ultpit::ultzss::ultwario::ultsnake::ultike::ultpokemontrainer::ultdiddy::ultlucas::ultsonic::ultkingdedede::ultolimar::ultlucario::ultrob::ulttoonlink::ultwolf:
  • Smash 4 All-Stars Vol. 1 :ultvillager::ultmegaman::ultwiifittrainer::ultrosalina::ultlittlemac::ultgreninja::ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter::ultpalutena::ultdarkpit:
  • Smash 4 All-Stars Vol. 2 :ultpacman::ultlucina::ultrobin::ultshulk::ultbowserjr::ultduckhunt::ultryu::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultbayonetta:
  • Ultimate All-Stars :ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultridley::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultkrool::ultisabelle::ultken::ultincineroar:
After all of the DLC launches you could have a Fighters Pass All-Stars with :ultpiranha::ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry::ultbyleth::ultminmin

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I guess we should just tell Geno fans to stop asking for him then, since Geno is from a spin-off Mario game and we already got Piranha Plant and Daisy (though she’s an echo fighter). They’re clearly being greedy.
Geno fans are always being greedy.

Why aren't you satisfied with that flawless Mii Costume that hasn't been ported to this game yet?! Gawd!

But but BUT, SMT and Persona aren't the same. Smash even says that Joker is a PERSONA rep. Not a MegaTen rep.
SMT is a MegaTen spinoff. Persona is a MegaTen spinoff. SMT characters and Persona characters are both MegaTen reps, regardless of what cute little picture Smash decides to place behind the character.

You say they are so that you can gatekeep which characters people can want.
Yes. Every argument made against every character ever is gatekeeping. Now that we all understand this, I'm sure nobody will ever argue against any character ever again.

Last edited:

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
Yes. Every argument made against every character ever is gatekeeping. Now that we all understand this, I'm sure nobody will ever argue against any character ever again.
There is a difference between calling people selfish for a wanting a character and arguing against a character.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
First time?

DEX is just dancing around semantics, he does this literally all the time.

Last edited:

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
I didn't say that. I'm saying that you saying that Joker counts as a megaton rep rather than a persona rep, and saying people are greedy because they may want an SMT character, is gatekeeping. You can argue against a character, but saying people are greedy for wanting them is no bueno

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Remember when it was rumored/everyone assumed that Jack Frost would make an appearance in Joker's pack somehow?

Ha ha

Or should I say Hee Hoo?
I still think Jack Frost should have been added in some capacity. A Mii Costume would be cool.

I'm happy as long as MegaTen fans aren't being selfish jerks asking for another rep when they just got one a year ago.
????
Sorry but this is as dumb as saying people can't ask for another Square character for Pass 2 because we already got Hero

I guess I can't ask for Alucard anymore because we already got Simon/Richter in base roster.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Ninja Gaiden might be coming back, but it might be Xbox Exclusive

There was a problem fetching the tweet

(Go to 51:00)

This 4chan post goes into more detail of what these 3 links mean

https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/517909316

Pretty Exciting News Potentially.

As for what this means for Smash, I Don't Know. I will say if we got a Microsoft character, I would guess Ryu's Costume will come in that pack. I always felt it was weird no Koei content came with Byleth Pack.
Well, if true, then Xbox really is pulling all the stops with next gen exclusives. I kinda doubt that they'd go for third party exclusives though, that hasn't been their MO since the days of the 360.

Either way, Thursday will probably be interesting.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
So, to change topic a bit, I just found this template online about most wanted fighters to each big third party (not sure why Platinum is there tho because they don't really have any ip to them but wathever). It would be fun if other use share it (or if you don't want to to the montage just reply through text).

Attachments

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
So how long till you get people giving the "The pandemic isnt an excuse to give us on news" escuse and act like butts?
The situation is definitely worse than I thought for them. I'm hoping this will help people understand better, I'm definitely feeling like they deserve some understanding, this news drought is very much not their fault.

...Plus, it's not like there aren't any games at all, they've been able to get some stuff out. Anything's better than nothing.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So how long till you get people giving the "The pandemic isnt an excuse to give us on news" escuse and act like butts?
In a vacuum I guess that makes sense, but it's being frustrated with Nintendo for being behind the industry standard. If all the other companies were as equally silent that'd be one thing, but they've been able to adapt and keep going. Microsoft, Sony, the other third-parties. Japanese, non-Japanese. Even the Pokemon Company seems to be mostly on top of things.

I'm not saying people should be jerks or harass each other or anyone else, but it's just being upset with Nintendo for once again having the fans lose out because the company is behind the curve.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So, to change topic a bit, I just found this template online about most wanted fighters to each big third party (not sure why Platinum is there tho because they don't really have any ip to them but wathever). It would be fun if other use share it (or if you don't want to to the montage just reply through text).
Don chan AND professor Layton, oh my heart

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Platinum is there because the specific companies mentioned are ones that have characters in the game, and presumably, whoever made this was either unaware that Sega owned Bayonetta, or they just included Platinum because they make a lot of great games.

As for the list...

-Konami: I'm assuming that assist trophies (Bomberman, Alucard) don't qualify, so I'll go with Raiden - we need Metal Gear Rising music!
-Sega: I'm torn between Eggman and Kazuma Kiryu, so I'll split the difference - Kazuma Kiryu riding in the Eggmobile! (just kidding; if I was forced to pick one, I'm going with Eggman)
-Capcom: Dante
-Bandai-Namco: Agumon (it was Heihachi, but the Mii costume seems like a consolation prize)
-Square-Enix: Geno
-Platinum: 2B (if licensed games were allowed, I'd at least consider Optimus Prime or Korra)
-Microsoft: Conker (Master Chief would make more sense, but I'd be more interested to see what they could do with Conker)
-SNK: Geese Howard
-Most wanted highly requested character: not counting any of the above, Doomguy
-Most wanted unlikely character: not counting any of the above, Miriam from Bloodstained

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
????
Sorry but this is as dumb as saying people can't ask for another Square character for Pass 2 because we already got Hero

I guess I can't ask for Alucard anymore because we already got Simon/Richter in base roster.
Remind me what are the statuses of the moving goalposts when it comes to fanrules about 3rd parties. I think we're at "can't have more than one non-clone character from the same series", correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
In a vacuum I guess that makes sense, but it's being frustrated with Nintendo for being behind the industry standard. If all the other companies were as equally silent that'd be one thing, but they've been able to adapt and keep going. Microsoft, Sony, the other third-parties. Japanese, non-Japanese. Even the Pokemon Company seems to be mostly on top of things.

I'm not saying people should be jerks or harass each other or anyone else, but it's just being upset with Nintendo for once again having the fans lose out because the company is behind the curve.
They can be upset, just have the common sense to understand that the Pandemic is making it hard for Nintendo and that its way beyond their control is all Im saying

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Konami: Bill Rizer I guess
Sega: Arle
Capcom: Phoenix
Bandai Namco: KOS-MOS
Square Enix: Neku
Platinum: ???
SNK: Kyo
Microsoft: Ori
Most wanted highly requested character: Crash
Most wanted unlikely character: Sgt. Cortez, shoutout to Evil Trapezium Evil Trapezium . I’ve not played a TimeSplitters before but kinda want to, those games seem humorous

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Ninja Gaiden might be coming back, but it might be Xbox Exclusive

There was a problem fetching the tweet

(Go to 51:00)

This 4chan post goes into more detail of what these 3 links mean

https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/517909316

Pretty Exciting News Potentially.

As for what this means for Smash, I Don't Know. I will say if we got a Microsoft character, I would guess Ryu's Costume will come in that pack. I always felt it was weird no Koei content came with Byleth Pack.
When Ninja Gaiden got a reboot like fifteen years ago it was also originally exclusive to the Xbox. This doesn't mean anything, and Ryu Hayabusa isn't somehow now a Microsoft character just because of an exclusive game any more than Joker, Snake, Cloud and other Ryu are Sony characters.

They can be upset, just have the common sense to understand that the Pandemic is making it hard for Nintendo and that its way beyond their control is all Im saying
That's fair.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Konami - Raiden
SEGA - Sakura
Capcom - Amaterasu
Bandai Namco - Ryza
Square-Enix - Sora
Platinum - 2B
Microsoft - Steve
SNK - Rock Howard
Most Wanted Highly Requested - Crash Bandicoot
Most Wanted Extremely Unlikely - Estelle Bright

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Konami: Bomberman
Sega: Axel Stone
Capcom: Frank West
Namco: ???
Square Enix: Either Neku or Lara Croft
Platinum: 2B
Microsoft: Master Chief
SNK: Kyo
Highly-requested third party: Crash
Unlikely third party: Quote

volbound1700

Smash Master
My wanted characters to finish out the pass:

7. Geno
8. DoomGuy
9. Crash
10. Rayman
11. Masterchief

However, I am likely only to get 2 of this set :(. It is a shame as all of these characters (minus Geno) are gaming icons. Geno is a highly demanded character on here.

After the ones listed above, I am not too emotional. It would have been nice to see Bomberman upgraded. Sora is another great option but I think Square-Enix and Disney won't allow him. I wouldn't mind seeing Skull Kid, Dixie Kong, Impa, Waddle Dee, or some other 1st party from series that are under represented (notably a Legend of Zelda character that isn't Link, Ganon, or Zelda).

A couple of obscure characters that would have great movesets and be fun to play are Epic Mickey from the Epic Mickey series and Prince Fluff from Kirby's Epic Yard.

Another most wanted would be Tails although I am happy to just have the costume. I would love to have an upgrade to the Knuckles and Tails costume similar to Sans style as well as get a skin on Sonic for Shadow. That would be AMAZING. It also wouldn't take a character spot from anyone. Also custom victory themes for Mii Costumes would be great so I can do the Sonic theme in the victory screen.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Remind me what are the statuses of the moving goalposts when it comes to fanrules about 3rd parties. I think we're at "can't have more than one non-clone character from the same series", correct me if I'm wrong.
Well I guess one of the 'fan rules' would be what you're saying, but obviously that doesn't stop people wanting to see their most wanted characters in the game.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'd do the template but since it isn't transparent and is done kinda ****tily you've forced my hand with textposting.

Konami: Yugi Muto Seto Kaiba Raiden
SEGA: Kiryu
Capcom: Amingo
Bamco: Nightmare
Square: Crono
Platinum: Howard or Akira or whatever canonical name from Astral Chain is shoved down my throat
Microsoft: Master Chief
SNK: Haohmaru
Requested 3rd: Reimu? I don't know.
Unlikely 3rd: Reimu? Again? I don't know.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Konami: Frogger
Sega: Segata Sanshiro
Capcom: Phoenix Wright
Bandai Namco: Chosen Undead
Square Enix: Sora
2B: 2B :p
Microsoft: Steve
SNK: Nakoruru
Requested Third Party: Crash
Unlikely Third Party: Farmer

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
- Konami: Alucard
- Sega: Kiryu
- Capcom: Dante, followed by Phoenix Wright
- Bandai Namco: Heihachi/Dark Souls rep
- Square Enix: 2B, maybe another Final Fantasy character lol
- Microsoft: Master Chief
- SNK: Kyo
- Highly requested 3rd party: Crash
- Unlikely 3rd party: Sol Badguy

Not including Platinum here because in that case we could also add Rare or Atlus.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Sooo...

Konami: Bomberman / Moai Head from Gradius.
Sega: Arle Nadja / Kazuma Kiryu
Capcom: Dante / Amaterasu
Namco: Siegfried or Nightmare / Yuri Lowell
Square Enix: Lara Croft / Adam Jensen
Platinum: 2B / Akira Howard
Microsoft: Master Chief / Steve
SNK: Kyo / Nakoruru
Highly-requested third party: Crash / Sora
Unlikely third party: Chell or a Dota 2 character / Story of Seasons' Farmer. Rocket League in a kinda close third / fourth.

(Don't personally count franchises like LoL or say Sol Badguy as unlikely, but that's just my definition of unlikely in this context. Would welcome those two still.)

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
I didn't do it by series. Let's give it a try:

Konami: Bomberman (although Frogger is a cool second option)
Sega: Tails (Frankly just upgrade Knuckles and Tails Mii customs and give us a Shadow alt for Sonic. No need for another character)
Capcom: I think we are good hear but I will go with Amaterasu or Phoenix Wright
Microsoft: MASTERCHIEF of course
NaughtyDog: Crash Bandicoot
Square-Enix: Sora or Geno... I would be fine with either
Bethesda: Doomguy
Ubisoft: Rayman
SNK: I didn't play a lot of SNK games so I don't know
Bandai Namco: Dig Dug
Nintendo: Dixie Kong, Prince Fluff, or Skull Kid (I would LOVE any of the 3)

Unlikely Third Party: Epic Mickey

I really feel like Bethesda and Ubisoft are long suffering companies that support Nintendo right now. Both need at least one character representative. Doomguy and Rayman fit that bill.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I didn't do it by series. Let's give it a try:

Konami: Bomberman (although Frogger is a cool second option)
Sega: Tails (Frankly just upgrade Knuckles and Tails Mii customs and give us a Shadow alt for Sonic. No need for another character)
Capcom: I think we are good hear but I will go with Ameratsu (sp) or Phoenix Wright
Microsoft: MASTERCHIEF of course
NaughtyDog: Crash Bandicoot
Square-Enix: Sora or Geno... I would be fine with either
Bethesda: Doomguy
Ubisoft: Rayman
SNK: I didn't play a lot of SNK games so I don't know
Bandai Namco: Dig Dug
Nintendo: Dixie Kong, Prince Fluff, or Skull Kid (I would LOVE any of the 3)

Unlikely Third Party: Epic Mickey

I really feel like Bethesda and Ubisoft are long suffering companies that support Nintendo right now. Both need at least one character representative. Doomguy and Rayman fit that bill.
Crash isn't owned by Naughty Dog/Sony. Crash is from Activision.
Similar case for Sora, he's Disney.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Konami: Cormano (Sunset Riders)
Sega: Axel Stone (Streets of Rage)
Capcom: Frank West/Chuck Greene (Dead Rising)
Namco: Klonoa (Klonoa)
Square Enix: Ark (Terranigma)
Platinum: I don't know
SNK: Simea (Crystalis)
Microsoft: Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark)
Highly requested: Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)
Unlikely pick: Sgt. Cort-

Most wanted unlikely character: Sgt. Cortez, shoutout to Evil Trapezium Evil Trapezium . I’ve not played a TimeSplitters before but kinda want to, those games seem humorous
Time to split past.gif

Why, I am flattered. Thank you very much.

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
Crash isn't owned by Naughty Dog/Sony. Crash is from Activision.
Similar case for Sora, he's Disney.
Got you... thank you for the clarification on Crash. Sora is more Square-Enix than Disney but you are right about that one. I reference that in another post that I made just a few posts above the one you are responding to.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Another newcomer game eh?

Konami: Pyramid Head
Sega: Sakura Shinguji
Capcom: Leon Kennedy
Namco: Lloyd Irving/Velvet Crowe
Square Enix: 2B/Riesz
Microsoft: IDK
SNK: Tam-Tam(Samurai Shodown)