• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Tomorrow(?) is going to be so ****ing hilarious if it turns out to not be Geno.
I've had a fascination with calling Reimu lately. I haven't even played Touhou but my Monado Vision is kicking in.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Byleth got leaked like what, ten minutes prior to the Direct?

Imagine all of a sudden in the midst of the Geno hype, he ended up being bait for Reimu or something.
It turns out we're getting a spinoff character who's name starts with "G" and is plant themed
1595197908133.png
...just one many would dislike,

Goombaic

Smash Ace
God I hope people don't actually look at the GameStop thing as an actual leak for Geno if it does turn out to be him.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It turns out we're getting a spinoff character who's name starts with "G" and is plant themed
View attachment 279294
Grovyle gets a pass. It's more Pokemon but he ain't an ad. I think he's not an ad unless they announce another PMD remake. Or was he in the remake? I never ****ing played those games.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I really hope they don't shadow drop it like last time, I love going into Directs blind.
I'll be oversleeping by one minute, try to hop onto YT before it's too late, and first thing I see is ProsafiaGaming looming over me.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Then why are you subscribed to him?
dude his videos pop up in your recs even if you're NOT subscribed. he's kinda infamous for that

like u can be casually be browsing and see Prosafia's newest video and BAM spoiler in thumbnail

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Kelios did say when the shadowdrop should be, btw. 7am west coast time, 10am east coast time, 3pm tea and crumpet time.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
I really don't know what to make of the Jeff Grubb tweet. Either he is blatantly spoiling the Smash reveal or he is trolling Geno fans into thinking he is blatantly spoiling the Smash reveal. Neither of those things seem "on brand", but I don't follow him that closely.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
dude his videos pop up in your recs even if you're NOT subscribed. he's kinda infamous for that

like u can be casually be browsing and see Prosafia's newest video and BAM spoiler in thumbnail
Eeyup. People just splatter the bosses on the thumbnails and ruin the surprise. Aside from Profasia, there's also Boss Fight Database, who considerately made separate videos for all the major Bloodstained bosses and spoiled the final boss and the bonus boss. What a nice pair of guys, eh?
I've had a fascination with calling Reimu lately. I haven't even played Touhou but my Monado Vision is kicking in.
Welcome aboard the Reimu train, pal. I'd offer some snacks but Reimu buying anything would violate canon severely, so...

What I usually do is go directly to Nintendo's youtube page when I open the browser. They pretty much always put a new direct as the home page video, so you don't end up seeing anything. As long as leaker people are right about the direct timing, it should be pretty safe to do that.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
My personal thoughts on the Jeff Grubb tweets.

ffde4f08b5d4d9c0fb8f5c8e85362023.gif

I generally can't tell what's going on anymore, apparently some people earlier were teasing the Direct in the Geno thread this morning, making people think it meant Geno was coming, only to be shut down and now Geno's getting teased by an actual creditable person?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I don't think that Jeff Grubb is teasing Geno on those tweet. He imply earlier (like yesterday I think) that he haven't heard anything about a direct coming, so it would be weird that he suddenly know the next smash fighter.

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
View attachment 279283 (65'07''/20 m tall)
I would say that Eternatus is too big to be playable, but SWSH itself didn't much concern itself with size, so it should be fine.
Hmm... A lovecraftian eldritch undefinable alien monstrosity hell-bent on destruction, chaos and ceaseless evisceration, it having unfathomable and limitless powers of desolation alongside the ability to aquire alternate forms which only aid it in the process of reducing everything around its reality-defying and indescribably horrific body to atomized rubble...

Looks like him and Kirby are two peas in a pod!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I don't think that Jeff Grubb is teasing Geno on those tweet. He imply earlier (like yesterday I think) that he haven't heard anything about a direct coming, so it would be weird that he suddenly know the next smash fighter.
Maybe he is just doing all those tweets to throw Geno fans off?

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Jeff obviously knows how people will see those 2 tweets. I doubt he's trolling, the salt and the complains against him would be massive if he was actually trolling Geno fans lmao.

He has been 99% right this year in everything he has said, and not only for Nintendo related things, also for Microsoft and Sony. Honestly, I'm assuming it's Geno because of him.
With that said, I'll say: if it's Geno and the direct is tomorrow, I'd rather insiders to keep quiet. Just as N3ON said, if Kelios is right, we will get the direct in less than 24 hours, so spoiling the character now seems stupid for me. If you're gonna leak the character, at least do it a week before. Don't wait until the last moment.

Who knows maybe all this Geno thing is a super leakbait move from Nintendo and we will get another Square character lol

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Who knows maybe all this Geno thing is a super leakbait move from Nintendo and we will get another Square character lol
and you bet ill be here for it if that happens

especially if it's a certain psychic teenager with headphones

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Geno would just be blatant fanservice to hardcore Smash fans and nothing more. He's not even really popular outside hardcore Smash circles.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
and you bet ill be here for it if that happens

especially if it's a certain psychic teenager with headphones
Haven't played TWEWY yet (idk if getting the Switch version because of the mixed receptions about how it plays on the console) but Neku seems like a really cool choice, I'd be completely okay with him.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
This whole thing is weird:

If it is bait then it was a **** move to bait those who want Geno

If it is an actual hint then it's a **** move to spoil it for everyone else

OR we are all assuming this is for smash and it could just be a hint at like Mario RPG on Snes online or something like that

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Sirfetch'd
View attachment 279294
I would absolutely love Grovyle, He's my all time favorite Grass type Pokemon, I always liked Sceptile, But always thought Grovyle's design was cooler.

Would probably be one of my "Non" Promo Pokemon picks for Smash too.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
This whole thing is weird:

If it is bait then it was a **** move to bait those who want Geno

If it is an actual hint then it's a **** move to spoil it for everyone else

OR we are all assuming this is for smash and it could just be a hint at like Mario RPG on Snes online or something like that
Yeah. It's either a spoiler or deliberate bait for Geno fans. And yes, this could also not relate to Smash at all. Except, putting Super Mario RPG on SNES will only make the Geno supporters even more motivated.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Real Komm Süsser Todd hours rn

Square series over for the time being I guess.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Why even bother making it a video. Why not just randomly shadow drop a bunch of games. What's the point in even watching a Nintendo Direct? If the news and media outlets are going to report on everything and Nintendo is upload all the trailers on Youtube, why even make a Direct?

The point is that Nintendo releases a showcase of news hot off the stove. Like a Mini E3. We getting the news "Directly to you" ~ Satoru Iwata

If its shadow dropped there no need for a presentation.
A Direct is just a bunch of commercials. I'm not sure why you think commercials have to be watched live in order to work...

Honestly though “Pokémon in Smash” speculation peaked pre-Smash 4
Pokemon in Smash peaked in Smash 4, when we had the largest number of Pokemon without any type overlap. And the potential for future great choices to give us new type-coverage was at it's peak for characters like Decidueye and Garchomp.

But then Trainer came back and they picked Incineroar and ruined everything and now who gives a **** who they pick anymore, none of it matters.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Geno would just be blatant fanservice to hardcore Smash fans and nothing more. He's not even really popular outside hardcore Smash circles.
I mean, as much as I don't give a rat's ass about Geno and feel there's infinitely better options for both Mario and Square, there's nothing wrong with that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom