• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
At this point, unless it's a shadow drop, I'm expecting one of 4 things to be taking place:

A) We get an announcement tomorrow despite the unlikeliness of it
B) It gets shadow-dropped on us with 0 warning like March's was
C) Insiders were wrong and the announcement's on Monday, not the presentation
D) Insiders were wrong in general and there's no Direct period, meaning Nintendo still has no new games coming out in the near future

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I can't believe Sakurai was hinting at Space Harrier being next this whole time!

...Not really, but it sure would be weird (and fun).

I wish Sega could get a whole pass. Same with Capcom. And Square.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I can see Opa Opa happening.

Sakurai is a huge fan of Fantasy Zone and Space Harrier(both take place in the same universe). Even has figures of Opa Opa, Shumps ships, and anime mecha's posted on his twitter.

Sakurai even had a Space Harrier 2 cartridge on the genesis mini during the Min Min presentation

I hate to bring up this popularity poll again but maybe the true SEGA rep was in front of us this whole time and we were all blinded...

EaKT3dAXYAA2vxN.png

(Popularity isn't everything)

7NATOR

Smash Master
Well actually in your guys opinions what are the chances of Sega getting a Rep. No worry about who it would be, but do you think Sega could get an 4th character in this pass, especially after getting Joker last pass

I think it could happen, but what you guys think?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I can't believe Sakurai was hinting at Space Harrier being next this whole time!

Capcom:
Dante
Viewtiful Joe
Phoenix wright
Chun-li
Jill

Sega:
Kiryu
Sakura
Axel
Blaze
Yu

Square:

Sora
Lara
Noctis
Neku
Chrono

Those are who I would pick for this.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I would be ok calling them all rumours until they're proven true, then you can call them leaks :p

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Sega:
Sakura
Kiryu
Opa Opa
Axel Stone
Selvaria Bles

Capcom:
Dante
Amaterasu
Phoenix Wright
Morrigan
Chun-li

Square:
Sora
Neku
2B
Chrono
Terra

TenghsienYang

Smash Cadet
At this point, unless it's a shadow drop, I'm expecting one of 4 things to be taking place:

A) We get an announcement tomorrow despite the unlikeliness of it
B) It gets shadow-dropped on us with 0 warning like March's was
C) Insiders were wrong and the announcement's on Monday, not the presentation
D) Insiders were wrong in general and there's no Direct period, meaning Nintendo still has no new games coming out in the near future
Wait, I actually did not know the March mini Direct was shadow-dropped. That week I distinctly remember being too busy to browse the internet, so I assumed I just missed the announcement back then.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm sure everyone would like to see Max from Shining Force in Smash, right?

...Right?

We already have three Sega characters, but I guess people aren't counting Joker and Bayonetta since they're made by Atlus and Platinum, respectively. I haven't played much of Yakuza, but Kiryu seems like he'd be fun to play as.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I'm sure everyone would like to see Max from Shining Force in Smash, right?

...Right?

We already have three Sega characters, but I guess people aren't counting Joker and Bayonetta since they're made by Atlus and Platinum, respectively. I haven't played much of Yakuza, but Kiryu seems like he'd be fun to play as.
Only if Adam joins him

Shining Force (U) [!]_084.png

cj.

Smash Journeyman

Sega
Axel Stone - Street of Rage
Joe Musashi - Shinobi
Gilius Thunderhead - Golden Axe
Sketch Turner - Comix Zone
Asha - Monster World IV

Capcom
Frank West - Dead Rising
Ruby Hearth - Vs Series
Sir Arthur - Ghouls and Goblins
Leon S Kennedy - Resident Evil
Roll - Megaman

Square Enix
Terra Brandford - Final Fantasy VI
Crono - Chrono series
Ultros - Final Fantasy series
Bub & Bob - Bubble Bobble
Lara Croft - Tomb Raider

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Oh yeah! I would love to see Vectorman return, even if it means putting him in Smash!
I have fond memories of playing both games through Sonic Gems Collection as a kid and being stuck on the damn train level from VM1 for the longest time.

Such a shame that he couldn't make his return in All Stars Racing Transformed.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I have fond memories of playing both games through Sonic Gems Collection as a kid and being stuck on the damn train level from VM1 for the longest time.

Such a shame that he couldn't make his return in All Stars Racing Transformed.
I know, right? I would definitely play as Vectorman if he was in Transformed.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Just some wants of mine from each company:

SEGA
  • Axel Stone
  • Sakura Shinguji
Capcom
  • Jill Valentine
Square Enix
  • Sora
  • Neku Sakuraba

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
And not to leave out Namco as well:

Pac-Man
Lloyd/Tales Rep
Heihachi
Nightmare
Agumon

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Seeing people go through all this talk about Sega getting another rep and I would be all for it, they are one of my favourite companies.

Would ask as well but do you guys hope for any surprise companies getting someone in?

I've still got my four way bet that either Type-Moon (Fate), Arc System Works (Guilty Gear/BlazBlue), Grasshopper Manufacture (No More Heroes) and Falcom (Ys/The Legend of Heroes). I'm somewhat confident/hoping one of those four will get someone in and I think would be a nice surprise.

And I hope one of about seven characters I want from those in really makes it.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Everybody gangsta til Beat gets in we get the Jet Set Radio ost on top of it

And y'all thought Terry's pack was a bargain for the music alone?

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Sega should simply stop making good characters so we don't have to choose between so many of them. Did they ever think of that?

Peridorito

Smash Journeyman
Sega
Square Enix
Terra Brandford - Final Fantasy VI
Crono - Chrono series
Ultros - Final Fantasy series
Bub & Bob - Bubble Bobble
Lara Croft - Tomb Raider
Yes please. Terra and Crono are two of my most wanted characters.

I'm curious why you choose Ultros out of all Final Fantasy villains though. I mean, I like him and the thought of playing as an octopus in Smash is hilarious, but he seems like a pretty random choice lol.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I've still got my four way bet that either Type-Moon (Fate), Arc System Works (Guilty Gear/BlazBlue), Grasshopper Manufacture (No More Heroes) and Falcom (Ys/The Legend of Heroes). I'm somewhat confident/hoping one of those four will get someone in and I think would be a nice surprise.
Estelle from Trails in The Sky and Saber From Fate have been in my most wanted for god knows how long

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Seeing people go through all this talk about Sega getting another rep and I would be all for it, they are one of my favourite companies.

Would ask as well but do you guys hope for any surprise companies getting someone in?

And I hope one of about seven characters I want from those in really makes it.
I still feel like people are sleeping on Travis Touchdown's chances. He's honestly one of my picks for this fighter's pass.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Sega should simply stop making good characters so we don't have to choose between so many of them. Did they ever think of that?
Dude. Don't tempt them.

I sure as hell don't wanna go back to those dark times where they pretty much laser-focused on Sonic (with sprinkles of Puyo and Yakuza here and there) and left everyone else on the shelf collecting dust.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Yeah well it's that being so easy, that might be a problem. It's hard to explain, but a business has certain standards. A series that doesnt have that might be a liability somehow. I'm no lawyer, so I'm just wondering about it really.
I don't really see how that'd be an issue. Different companies are easier to work with than others-For example, SNK's really easy to get a crossover with, including Terry in Fighting Layer EX before getting another crossover appearance in Smash. I don't see how an easy-to-get series would wrap around to being impossible just because of how easy it is.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yes, that's why they made the Deadly Six.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So has it been datamined if Joker and Hero's amiibo data is in Patch 8.0.0?

Last edited:

Calane

Smash Ace
...Well, you guys are talking about Sega, so...

ezgif.com-crop (3).gif

In my opinion, Arle has a pretty decent chance to receive that Smash invitation.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
We all know there's only one SEGA character for the job, if they get another character in this pass.

19d.gif

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
If y'all thought Square Enix Spec was tough, Sega Spec's a ****ing dead heat race lol.

A second Sonic character, Arle, Kiryu, Sakura, Axel Stone, Opa Opa, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some. Each are viable picks for a second Sega rep.

And before anyone asks: No, I'm not doing a second series on just Sega reps. I'll maybe be covering two of them soon enough, but I ain't ever doing another company spec series. Nuh-uh. Never again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom