• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
What's with all the guessing games, all of a sudden?

Anyway, what if a Paper Mario launch announcement happens on Nintendo's Twitter before they could possibly announce a Direct?

Shroob

Sup?
What's with all the guessing games, all of a sudden?

Anyway, what if a Paper Mario launch announcement happens on Nintendo's Twitter before they could possibly announce a Direct?
I don't see how that would affect anything, couldn't they just announce the Direct afterwards?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It could be a port/remaster of the GameCube game. It’s not as hype as a brand new game, but it’d please most F-Zero fans.
Hey, i'd eat that **** up lol. It's' been so long since we got anything F-Zero related so count me in on that.

cj.

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I commend them for being so committed. Before DLC, I like most of us probably did thought Geno had a shot for base game, considering we did get K. Rool and Ridley base game. I do think the possibility of us getting another Square character is pretty likely, considering they are supporting the game with finally giving us spirits, I do think we are going to get another Square character within this pass, and Square has proven that they go for their bigger characters or franchises for paid DLC now whoever that ends up being (Sora, Laura Croft, 2B, Neku) that costume is more than likely going to come back. Either that or Geno ends up being something like they did with the first Pass with Piranah Plant and whoever Square chooses ends up being the paid DLC character for the pass instead. I'm kind of surprised that no one hasn't thought of that as a possibility.
Crono or Terra!

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
It could be a port/remaster of the GameCube game. It’s not as hype as a brand new game, but it’d please most F-Zero fans.
With how hard it is to get F-Zero GX, I'd be ok with that. F-Zero getting anything from a rerelease of GX, a remake of X or a collection with X, GX, Maximum Velocity, GP Legend and Climax is enough for me.

If we get a new game.....I'd be willing to forgive 2020. XD

zferolie

Smash Hero
I want Velvet from Tales of Beseria for our second Nmco rep. Her or Ivy. Klonoa is a close third

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I just found it funny that someone mentioned it being obscure, and like 10 posts later someone calls it mainstream, which it is, it's undeniable after 5 exploded like it did.
I'll still deny it. Person was closer to Bayonetta in terms of mainstreamness. At least, until it got into Smash.

Konami ruling Smash Bros. Biggest returning vet in Snake, only new base 3rd party in Simon and Richter, Bomberman as an assist, and frogger as DLC. Konami win.
Frogger instead of Bill Rizer = Konami lose. We ALL lose.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
That made me curious; which franchise currently represented is Dragalia Lost closest to in the mainstream hierarchy?
In terms of when they initially got in, I'd say Earthbound. It's out in the UK, US, Hong Kong, and Japan, but just those countries/areas (though to be fair, some like Belgium wouldn't allow it), and success-wise it's not near the top at all so it's more among the smaller series.

Sakurai Pic of the Day.

Got to love those small details, it's what makes Smash so special.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
https://mobile.twitter.com/Pikmin4JP
And now Pikmin 4 has been found! This one was in April...what is happening?
Gonna quote what I said over at the Geno thread...
If this is a pattern leading up to the Direct having a bunch of announcements, then I'm keeping my fingers crossed for @Bayonetta3JP to pop up.
Also, watch as these emails get shot down as some elaborate troll... because F-Zero and Pikmin fans don't deserve a break, it seems.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
That would be so fun honestly. I wouldn’t mind it.
How about the 7 main blocks forming into a humanoid seen here:
(Made this with Pixlr.)
Tetrimino.jpg

O-Block is the head with J-Block and L-Block as arms, The I-Block is a torso alongside T-Block as the waist, finally S-Block and Z-Block seen here are legs.

Sysreq

Smash Ace
I missed out on the Ryza discussion but my impression on what I read was there were some people playing her up probably to make her seem more plausible and therefore keep the conversation on her and not go back to Smash bubble picks and others who wanted to quash the idea of her because “no way niche character is ever getting in before Ninja Gaiden”.

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord
H A R U K A

A M A M I
No

P-san

I'll still deny it. Person was closer to Bayonetta in terms of mainstreamness. At least, until it got into Smash.
Persona 4 domestic sales: 193,000
Bayonetta 1 domestic sales: 138,000

Cosndering P4 was released on a widely available console and Bayonetta was a dual console release, the PS3 being still very expensive, the gap is a lot less than you'd think

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Page 3333, we've been ranting on for a long time.

Is this rumoured character Ryza from a good home franchise? Is her source game anything good?

Y'know am mostly dying to see some BotW2 stuff. It's been too long since they showcased anything, or even mentioned the game. Metroid Prime 4 needs to be shown off as well. Nintendo needs to keep up the pace , Microsoft and Sony already have their next console ready, Nintendo isn't even releasing anything much at the moment...

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
No

P-san

Persona 4 domestic sales: 193,000
Bayonetta 1 domestic sales: 138,000

Cosndering P4 was released on a widely available console and Bayonetta was a dual console release, the PS3 being still very expensive, the gap is a lot less than you'd think
I would also like to point out that P4 was released on the PS2 in 2008, 3 years after the 360 released and 2 years after the PS3 and Wii and is one of the last non sport games that can be consider to be a major title for the system. If anything that kind of shows how badly Bayonetta 1 sold on release if a JRPG released on a previous gen system long after the current one at the time had started and still managing to get pretty close to its sales numbers.

Shroob

Sup?
Page 3333, we've been ranting on for a long time.

Is this rumoured character Ryza from a good home franchise? Is her source game anything good?

Y'know am mostly dying to see some BotW2 stuff. It's been too long since they showcased anything, or even mentioned the game. Metroid Prime 4 needs to be shown off as well. Nintendo needs to keep up the pace , Microsoft and Sony already have their next console ready, Nintendo isn't even releasing anything much at the moment...
Never played but uhh.

*Clears throat*

DAMN BOI DAT GURL THICC B----*gunshot*

Really, I don't buy the leak but, eh, we'll see presumably in a couple days, maybe.

It seems like F-Zero may be confirmed for getting a new game though, both the Mario 35th anniversary and the F-Zero Twitter accounts took down their Emails at the exact same time, supposedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom