• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I've seen some people think they Daisy dress glitch might correlate to 2B, if we're still talking about that. I believe the reasoning was based on the length of her skirt.
Or maybe I'm so bored I'm just lugging up old theories that have run their course. Either one is possible.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
The next character is clearly Daisy (Mario Strikers version). The glitch is from them removing the dress for a soccer uniform. Look forward to it.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Sora would be so, so cool.

Like, for real...I'd scream. Like, Nintendo 64 Christmas kid kind of scream. I heckin' grew up with that series, I'd lose it.

Sakurai pls

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I've seen some people think they Daisy dress glitch might correlate to 2B, if we're still talking about that. I believe the reasoning was based on the length of her skirt.
Or maybe I'm so bored I'm just lugging up old theories that have run their course. Either one is possible.
Could be 2B, could be Reimu, could be...Rayman?

Glitch Theory is whack. Nihilist Theory is where it's at.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Could be 2B, could be Reimu, could be...Rayman?

Glitch Theory is whack. Nihilist Theory is where it's at.
I think I've even seen a suggestion for Ahri, but I don't know enough about LoL to say how much that matches up. There is that one LoL leak, but I could just be reaching.
In my opinion, Reimu and 2B seem like the most logical candidates, assuming this actually means anything in the first place.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
I think I've even seen a suggestion for Ahri, but I don't know enough about LoL to say how much that matches up. There is that one LoL leak, but I could just be reaching.
In my opinion, Reimu and 2B seem like the most logical candidates, assuming this actually means anything in the first place.
Don't think it really does TBH. Min Min's base was Captain Falcon it seems. I don't think anyone would have guessed him if we had to place bets on who her base would have been

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Don't think it really does TBH. Min Min's base was Captain Falcon it seems. I don't think anyone would have guessed him if we had to place bets on who her base would have been
I thought Min Min’s base was Min Min from ARMS?

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I know, but it's fun to speculate, even if it's ultimately going to lead to nothing. I asked for something to talk about a couple pages back; Guess my wish was granted.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Whoops, my bad. Got my wires crossed up a little. Her model was yeah. Falcon data was found in her code so Falcon was used for some animations, not the exact base.
Funny coincidence that Falcon was also in her trailer as a predominant side character.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
One thing about including Min Min that is genuinely pretty cool is how much it made ARMS overall feel like a base game addition. Choosing Min Min alongside Spring Man's Assist Trophy and adding a Ninjara Mii Costume alongside the ones for Spring Man and Ribbon Girl really fleshed out the series across the board to give a lot of representation that covered pretty much everything ARMS related in one fell swoop.

I think there is potential to do this for a couple other options for games that either missed the boat due to timing or circumstances have changed for them since being chosen. The most obvious one everyone speaks to is Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and how it could flesh out across the board by including Rex and Pyra. But the other one is Monster Hunter. I tended to be on the side that Monster Hunter was out because of how much love they gave it in base game, and while I still think that's a valid argument against it, Monster Hunter World absolutely flipped the script on what Monster Hunter was to the tune of 14 million in sales as of last October. Sure Monster Hunter sold like crazy in Japan always and had been building a steady audience in the US, but World was the breakthrough moment for the series in a major way. If Monster Hunter does have a true Switch exclusive on the way as well, which has been rumored a few times, I do think another compelling argument emerges in favor of Monster Hunter possibly being another IP Nintendo would willingly re-evaluate in Smash. Sure, they don't have the same impetus to push it like ARMS, but there's still a lot of interest around the series in general in the wake of World's major success.

I mean, Capcom has lots of great options of course beyond Monster Hunter, but it is a franchise I've been reconsidering more and more in recent weeks.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=468&v=Az3Zw9nSNDc&feature=emb_logo
So at around 7:50, the Mii has an interesting animation that plays. Mostly, it looks cool and I think it's something that should be shared.
However, I've seen someone say that it looks almost like they're grazing the shield-Y'know, like Reimu would. Likely? Probably not, but it just looks cool.

More importantly, this post is proof that I'm either addicted to advanced speculation after discovering it here or going completely insane. Maybe both.

Shroob

Sup?
So at around 7:50, the Mii has an interesting animation that plays. Mostly, it looks cool and I think it's something that should be shared.
However, I've seen someone say that it looks almost like they're grazing the shield-Y'know, like Reimu would. Likely? Probably not, but it just looks cool.

More importantly, this post is proof that I'm either addicted to advanced speculation after discovering it here or going completely insane. Maybe both.
:ultminmin And I thought Min Min had the longest reach in this game.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

It's just phantom hits. They've been a part of Smash Bros since Melee.

It does look cool to see it on a shield, though.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Can we just...not talk about weird bugs/glitches as leading to characters considering, y’know, it’s never actually led to an accurate prediction nor would it lead to any actual answers?

Play some Min Min dudes. We’re already at conspiracy theory times after 4-5 days of a new character.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Metroid Other M is the Wii game where Samus becomes traumatized at the sight of Ridley (despite killing him at least six or seven times before this without issue), players are forced to play hide-and-seek games where they don't know what they're looking for (like a dark green smudge in a field of grass, or a logo on a ship in the background), Samus is locked out of most of her suit's powers (including resistance to extreme heat, which is only unlocked after going through a lava-filled area and constantly taking damage due to the heat) because Adam didn't give her authorization, and THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THEBABYTHEBABYTHEBABYTHEBABY.

It's probably obvious that I was not a fan of what I played of that one.
I recently watched Protonjon play through Other M for game clearing in June.
The story stills SUCKS, but the gameplay was not nearly as bad as I remember it.
Aside from the "search" segments, my biggest problem with the game is its poorly handled maps.
Here are the VODs for Protonjon's streams regarding Metroid Other M.

(Go to about 4:06:40 for MOM)

Shroob

Sup?
Can we just...not talk about weird bugs/glitches as leading to characters considering, y’know, it’s never actually led to an accurate prediction nor would it lead to any actual answers?

Play some Min Min dudes. We’re already at conspiracy theory times after 4-5 days of a new character.
Eh, people hungry for a Direct.

Besides Paper Mario: the Forgettable, Nintendo doesn't have any other games to look forward to this year since their E3 plans were canned, people hungry for news.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Eh, people hungry for a Direct.

Besides Paper Mario: the Forgettable, Nintendo doesn't have any other games to look forward to this year since their E3 plans were canned, people hungry for news.
Yeah, but we literally just got a new Smash character.

It’s like dudes get the rush of hype for when a character comes out, but don’t actually play the character and just want that rush immediately all over again.

I mean, I don’t blame anybody, because the rush of hype is amazing. But you know what’s also amazing? Playing Smash.

The Direct will get here when it gets here. We just got new stuff less than a week ago.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Hmmm, people keep bringing up specific character glitches...but what if Ultimate glitching itself is meant to be a clue?

WAIT A MINUTE, I THINK I JUST FIGURED IT OUT

HOLY **** HE'S IN!

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

It’s like dudes get the rush of hype for when a character comes out, but don’t actually play the character and just want that rush immediately all over again.

I mean, I don’t blame anybody, because the rush of hype is amazing. But you know what’s also amazing? Playing Smash.

The Direct will get here when it gets here. We just got new stuff less than a week ago.
Eh, Min Min is too janky for me. Props to people that like her, but she's not my cup of tea. :239:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Pink Gold Peach is the next DLC fighter according to Nihilist Theory I hear
That's not Nihilist Theory smh head.

Nihilist Theory is that all theories are garbage. Want who you want, but don't get too invested. Play the game instead of arguing over the character select screen. Use your mind and don't put stock in theories. At the end of the day all they lead to is disappointment.

Shroob

Sup?
Hmmm, people keep bringing up specific character glitches...but what if Ultimate glitching itself is meant to be a clue?

WAIT A MINUTE, I THINK I JUST FIGURED IT OUT

HOLY **** HE'S IN!

Unironically, if Game Freak wasn't scared to death of acknowledging glitches, this would be a hilarious and amazing addition.

Faso115

Smash Lord
The one time i return and it feels i travelled back in time to march.

Two weeks at most and if nothing happens, this hamster will go hibernate for half a year and then witness the magnificent bandicoot that was gibben.

Or not, i get the feeling the next character is going to be first party but you never know with Nintendo. Pokemon maybe.

In that case Gib Corviknight.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Been playing her and enjoying her! She super fun, everyone else is missing out with their tinfoil hat conspiracy theories!

Its the gratification that the character is finally out and people are already onto the next thing. It's like that kid's book "Give a mouse a cookie" Now they are asking for the glass of milk.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Unironically, if Game Freak wasn't scared to death of acknowledging glitches, this would be a hilarious and amazing addition.
It would actually be cool if they made missingno a super rare pokeball pokemon that spawns items whenever you summon it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Nihilist theory didn’t used to be called Nihilist theory. It used to be called using your head :p

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

TBH I'm fine waiting on Smash: Min Min's my new main and I'm having so much fun wrecking Spirit fights with her.

As far as Nintendo news goes, I just wanna see if those Mario remasters are real.

Last edited:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
I had a dream last night where Shadow was kind of added to the game as FP7. I say kind of because in actuality the character was Sir Lancelot from Sonic and the Black Night which is technically a completely different character that's just based on Shadow.

1593835312519.png

I guess since Shadow is already an Assist Trophy we had to settle for another sword fighter to get him in.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Admittedly, I know about 80-90% of all our theories are pure baloney. I just find it fun to spitball and rebound ideas off each other, even if it'll most likely go nowhere.

Also we have nothing but Paper Mario to look forward to, and even that is coming out in a little under a week. I guess we're just getting stir-crazy waiting for something new.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Actually, Metroid Other M is a remake of the first Metroid game. It just added some more content for after you beat Mother Brain.
If this isn't a joke, I think you're mistaking Other M for Metroid: Zero Mission.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
It was interesting to see phantom hits on shield. I suppose to those not familiar with the mechanic it does come off as something rather unusual since it's a pretty rare occurrence in a fast-paced match - especially if you're shielding.

That said, if Reimu were to make it into Smash Bros, I could easily see phantom hits or parries being the way to translate Touhou's signature grazing mechanic - where you just barely scrape an incoming attack. Granted, it'd probably take a lot of effort just to get a phantom hit, so I don't think that'll be how Reimu might use it, if she were to appear in Smash. ...I'mstillhopefulfortheredwhitemiko

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Sometimes you gotta rebrand to reach the newer generation.

It sucks, but it is how it is. :V
Agreed. I used to be Hen Bolt, the electrifying chicken superhero.
I shot lightningbolts out of my ass rather than eggs.

RaintheCriminalWhirlwind

Smash Journeyman

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom