• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Saying that the Smash fanbase was close to predicting the entire first pass is generous at best and completely ridiculous at worst.
Literally nowhere in my post did I say that, lol.

What I said was, that all of the characters who were eventually in the Fighter Pass (except for Joker) was discussed by a particular group on this site or elsewhere, but were not always taken seriously by the overall fandom. Some were simply dismissed because of certain reasons, which is exactly the same thing that is happening now with particular picks that are carelessly tossed to the side.

All I was pointing out was that the statement of, "We didn't get Volume 1 right, so we won't guess Volume 2 either" is the most boring sentence ever because it literally defeats the entire purpose of this thread.

Last edited:

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505
You know, I don't get why they don't do what Splatoon 2 does with it's drawings. Just have a tool that lets you draw whatever, then be able to post it on shared content. And for bonus points, make it so that you can tag fighters in it, that way you can bring back the miiverse stage without actually having miiverse, albeit with a new name.

D

Deleted member

Today, I finished playing through Super Fancy Pants Adventure, and I can say for sure that Fancy Pants Man would be pretty damn neat to see in Smash. I have fond memories of the flash games, and after getting around to playing this game, he basically has almost all the tools for a Smash moveset.

Bare in mind, there's going to be 18 images on this post, so all the images are covered with the spoiler tab so that the post doesn't look bigger than it needs to be. I don't know how well it'd do for mobile users though.

Fancy Pants Man Pulls Up!

In case you didn't know, Fancy Pants Man is a stick figure in big orange pants. He comes from a series of Flash games known as The Fancy Pants Adventure created by Brad Borne. These games were known for its platforming and running mechanics. Unfortunately, Flash will no longer be supported on browsers by the end of 2020, so if you want to get around to playing them, now's the chance to do so. Although we aren't going to be looking too much into the flash games, we will be taking a look at Super Fancy Pants Adventure and use it as a reference to a potential moveset for Smash.

Here's an image of his idle, crouch, and jump (though there ins't a double jump)

1fancypantsmanidlecrouchjump.png

Attacks, Tilts, and Smashes:

1fancypantsmanna.png
Fancy Pants Man wields a pen in Super Fancy Pants Adventures. In game, Fancy Pants Man can combo enemies nonstop. It only knocks enemies back once they die, so in the context of Smash, the 4th strike would do knockback.

1fancypantsmanuptilt.png

This is his up tilt. It reaches pretty high that's for sure.

I don't have too much on the other tilt attacks since SFPA doesn't really provide a Down tilt nor an F tilt, but in FPA 3, he does thrust his pencil like a rapier, so that would most likely be his F Tilt.

1fancypantsmanfs.png
This is the normal charge attack from SFPA. It's a forward-downwards attack that's able to knock enemies back and can be used in combo attacks. The attack even goes so far as to reach the floor, and although there isn't really a move to take from the game for a Down Smash, the image to the right would be ideal for 1.

1fancypantsmanus.png
This is the charge attack when you aim upwards. It works similarly to the regular charge attack, but it goes up. It slightly has less reach than the up tilt however.

Although there isn't a Dash Attack that involves the pen, Fancy Pants Man has the ability to roll and is able to knock enemies back with it. If there any idea for a Dash Attack, his roll could do the job.

1fancypantsmanrolling.png

Specials:

1fancypantsmaninkshot.png

Ink Shot works like many projectiles before it, but you have the ability to aim upwards or downwards by the shot. In game, it's able to shoot fast, go through walls, and hitstun enemies. However, your shots will deplete your ink meter, as shown by this image:

1fancypantsmaninkbar.png

It can deplete pretty fast, and the less ink he has, the slower he shoots.

1fancypantsmaninkdash.png

Ink Dash is a very swift and nearly instant slash that attacks multiple opponents at once, and it can extend farther depending on how many fighters/things you hit. However, it can take almost half of your ink meter when you use it, as shown by this image:

1fancypantsmaninkbar2.png

1fancypantsmaninkboarding.png

Inkboarding is rather interesting because it does not use the ink meter but does require a specific platform to use it on. While there won't be a platform for Fancy Pants to do Inkboarding on, it would be a pretty useful Up Special to glide him up. Maybe it could even leave the pen marks on the stage if they wanted to develop it that way.

1fancypantsmands.png

Sliding is a key feature in the Fancy Pants games. Although you probably wouldn't be able to perform a slide while in air, it is ideal to use it on stages with slopes or while running to knock people off the floor. There is also a move connected to sliding known as the Rising Attack. If they were to incorporate this move into Smash, the idea would be to perform another Down Special while sliding to hit this move, and it can only be done while on the floor.:

1fancypantsmanrisingattack.png

Aerials:

1fancypantsmanneutralaerial.png

The neutral aerial is what the charged down aerial is in SFPA. The reason why this is is because the move is a round attack.

1fancypantsmanfaandua.png

Forward Aerial and Up Aerial are more or less the same as their neutral attack counterparts but in air. That's pretty much all I had to say about that.

1fancypantsmandownaerial.png

Down Aerial plays very similarly to regular Link's, but this 1 has a lot more endlag on it and, ideally, should do more damage than Link's.

There is 1 aerial move in the game called Sawblade. It's a charged attack that spins Fancy Pants Man around and can bounce off of enemies and objects. It can only be cancelled by either getting hit or landing on the floor. If this move were to be in Smash, maybe it could be used for his Down Special while in mid air since sliding would only be used on the floor.

1fancypantsmansawblade.png

Misc:

-In game, the Ink Meter can be replenished by small black sprouts of liquid on the floor and by attacking certain enemies. To replenish the ink meter in Smash, it should be by hitting fighters without ink based moves.

-My idea for Fancy Pants Man's battle entrance would be a pencil drawing a door with him coming out of it, and the door is then erased behind him. 1 Victory Screen would have him exiting the area with the door.

-I don't have a Final Smash wrapped up for Fancy Pants Man that could be ripped from the game, but if I could think of 1, it could probably be a cinematic FS involving the creator of Fancy Pants drawing you out of the picture with a giant pencil like he did with World 3 in the Fancy Pants Adventure Remix.

-There are some potential alts that could be used for Fancy Pants Man. Not only can you change the color of your pants, but you can wear hats too. Here's Fancy pants Man and the 15 different looks I made off of the collectibles I got currently:

1fancypantsmanalts.png

That's pretty much the jist of this moveset. I may have missed a few things here and there, but I wanted to post this for the fun of it after beating Super Fancy Pants Adventure. I should probably get around to making a support thread for Fancy Pants Man and share my thoughts on the game soon, but for now, I'm definitely supporting Fancy Pants Man all the way.

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Today, I finished playing through Super Fancy Pants Adventure, and I can say for sure that Fancy Pants Man would be pretty damn neat to see in Smash. I have fond memories of the flash games, and after getting around to playing this game, he basically has almost all the tools for a Smash moveset.

Bare in mind, there's going to be 18 images on this post, so all the images are covered with the spoiler tab so that the post doesn't look bigger than it needs to be. I don't know how well it'd do for mobile users though.

In case you didn't know, Fancy Pants Man is a stick figure in big orange pants. He comes from a series of Flash games known as The Fancy Pants Adventure created by Brad Borne. These games were known for its platforming and running mechanics. Unfortunately, Flash will no longer be supported on browsers by the end of 2020, so if you want to get around to playing them, now's the chance to do so. Although we aren't going to be looking too much into the flash games, we will be taking a look at Super Fancy Pants Adventure and use it as a reference to a potential moveset for Smash.

Here's an image of his idle, crouch, and jump (though there ins't a double jump)

Fancy Pants Man wields a pen in Super Fancy Pants Adventures. In game, Fancy Pants Man can combo enemies nonstop. It only knocks enemies back once they die, so in the context of Smash, the 4th strike would do knockback.

I don't have too much on the other tilt attacks since SFPA doesn't really provide a Down tilt nor an F tilt, but in FPA 3, he does thrust his pencil like a rapier, so that would most likely be his F Tilt.

This is the normal charge attack from SFPA. It's a forward-downwards attack that's able to knock enemies back and can be used in combo attacks. The attack even goes so far as to reach the floor, and although there isn't really a move to take from the game for a Down Smash, the image to the right would be ideal for 1.

This is the charge attack when you aim upwards. It works similarly to the regular charge attack, but it goes up. It slightly has less reach than the up tilt however.

Although there isn't a Dash Attack that involves the pen, Fancy Pants Man has the ability to roll and is able to knock enemies back with it. If there any idea for a Dash Attack, his roll could do the job.

Specials:

Ink Shot works like many projectiles before it, but you have the ability to aim upwards or downwards by the shot. In game, it's able to shoot fast, go through walls, and hitstun enemies. However, your shots will deplete your ink meter, as shown by this image:

Ink Dash is a very swift and nearly instant slash that attacks multiple opponents at once, and it can extend farther depending on how many fighters/things you hit. However, it can take almost half of your ink meter when you use it, as shown by this image:

Inkboarding is rather interesting because it does not use the ink meter but does require a specific platform to use it on. While there won't be a platform for Fancy Pants to do Inkboarding on, it would be a pretty useful Up Special to glide him up. Maybe it could even leave the pen marks on the stage if they wanted to develop it that way.

Sliding is a key feature in the Fancy Pants games. Although you probably wouldn't be able to perform a slide while in air, it is ideal to use it on stages with slopes or while running to knock people off the floor. There is also a move connected to sliding known as the Rising Attack. If they were to incorporate this move into Smash, the idea would be to perform another Down Special while sliding to hit this move, and it can only be done while on the floor.:

Aerials:

The neutral aerial is what the charged down aerial is in SFPA. The reason why this is is because the move is a round attack.

Forward Aerial and Up Aerial are more or less the same as their neutral attack counterparts but in air. That's pretty much all I had to say about that.

Down Aerial plays very similarly to regular Link's, but this 1 has a lot more endlag on it and, ideally, should do more damage than Link's.

There is 1 aerial move in the game called Sawblade. It's a charged attack that spins Fancy Pants Man around and can bounce off of enemies and objects. It can only be cancelled by either getting hit or landing on the floor. If this move were to be in Smash, maybe it could be used for his Down Special while in mid air since sliding would only be used on the floor.

Misc:

-My idea for Fancy Pants Man's battle entrance would be a pencil drawing a door with him coming out of it, and the door is then erased behind him. 1 Victory Screen would have him exiting the area with the door.

-I don't have a Final Smash wrapped up for Fancy Pants Man that could be ripped from the game, but if I could think of 1, it could probably be a cinematic FS involving the creator of Fancy Pants drawing you out of the picture with a giant pencil like he did with World 3 in the Fancy Pants Adventure Remix.

-There are some potential alts that could be used for Fancy Pants Man. Not only can you change the color of your pants, but you can wear hats too. Here's Fancy pants Man and the 15 different looks I made off of the collectibles I got currently:

That's pretty much the jist of this moveset. I may have missed a few things here and there, but I wanted to post this for the fun of it after beating Super Fancy Pants Adventure. I should probably get around to making a support thread for Fancy Pants Man and share my thoughts on the game soon, but for now, I'm definitely supporting Fancy Pants Man all the way.
I have a lot of fond memories playing Fancy Pants via flash and console.

Nice writeup. I think a cool Easter egg/extra taunt would be to have him give the rock sign and headbang for repeatedly crouching like he does in his games.

Last edited:

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505

Specials:

Aerials:

Misc:

-In game, the Ink Meter can be replenished by small black sprouts of liquid on the floor and by attacking certain enemies. To replenish the ink meter in Smash, it should be by hitting fighters without ink based moves.

Brilliant post, and while I doubt Fancy Pants Man, and much less any other flash character, would get in, I can respect the time you put in for his moveset. Makes me wonder what other flash character could get a moveset.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Literally nowhere in my post did I say that, lol.

What I said was, that all of the characters who were eventually in the Fighter Pass (except for Joker) was discussed by a particular group on this site or elsewhere, but were not always taken seriously by the overall fandom. Some were simply dismissed because of certain reasons, which is exactly the same thing that is happening now with particular picks that are carelessly tossed to the side.

All I was pointing out was that the statement of, "We didn't get Volume 1 right, so we won't guess Volume 2 either" is the most boring sentence ever because it literally defeats the entire purpose of this thread.
I can witness as a fun fact for Joker, I ended up bringing him up, when, bored, or when the discussion/Speculation was stall, I used fake leaks to talk, at least to have interesting characters to talk.

With some members, we ended up talking about Joker for 3 pages before a SWARM of people told us he HAD NO CHANCES, and SHOULDNT EVEN BE BOUGHT UP, and some of them still going through this very thread here lmao.

Ah...How speculation was very mucho funny...
Remember when people believed a Project M Geno Fake Leak for a good month?

osby

Smash Obsessed
With some members, we ended up talking about Joker for 3 pages before a SWARM of people told us he HAD NO CHANCES, and SHOULDNT EVEN BE BOUGHT UP, and some of them still going through this very thread here lmao.
*"If we ever get an ATLUS character, it's going to be Jack Frost" intensifies*

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
*"If we ever get an ATLUS character, it's going to be Jack Frost" intensifies*
**Laugh in Source Gaming saying that if they take anyone from Persona it would be Morgana and put him at 1%**

Shroob

Sup?
I can witness as a fun fact for Joker, I ended up bringing him up, when, bored, or when the discussion/Speculation was stall, I used fake leaks to talk, at least to have interesting characters to talk.

God I still remember that.

People didn't seem to put two and two together for the longest time of "Why would an OFFICIAL character use the exact same idle pose as a mod".

And tbh, I don't think they ever did.

Droodle

Smash Lord

My friends (2) and I have this weird thing where we somehow managed to discuss a character right before they're announced for Smash.

Joker: The day of Joker's announcement we were taking the bus home from uni and discussed Persona 5 and how the music would be lit to get in Smash. When the game awards were airing, the reveal trailer played and I texted them about it. Turns out they were in line to get Ultimate at midnight and missed the reveal so I spoiled them:4pacman:.

Banjo and Hero: We all saw the dual reveal coming a mile away, most of us thought Erdrick would just be 11 and 3 skins though.

Terry: I recall like a couple days before SNK leaked; I told them how an SNK character makes a lot of sense because of the impact it had on Smash/Sakurai according to interviews.

Byleth: We had 0 idea who 5 was going to be but the day before the presentation aired, we made our sort of best guess of who we think it'll be; Me and 1 more went with a Tales character, but the last friend stated that he wants to see Byleth added to Smash.

Really the only thing we didn't "accidentally" ended up predicting is Pirahna Plant/ARMS; but so far it's just a hilarious coincidence that we all get a laugh out of when the announcement airs. Heh, guess the real leakers were the friends we made along the way.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
My friends (2) and I have this weird thing where we somehow managed to discuss a character right before they're announced for Smash.

Joker: The day of Joker's announcement we were taking the bus home from uni and discussed Persona 5 and how the music would be lit to get in Smash. When the game awards were airing, the reveal trailer played and I texted them about it. Turns out they were in line to get Ultimate at midnight and missed the reveal so I spoiled them:4pacman:.

Banjo and Hero: We all saw the dual reveal coming a mile away, most of us thought Erdrick would just be 11 and 3 skins though.

Terry: I recall like a couple days before SNK leaked; I told them how an SNK character makes a lot of sense because of the impact it had on Smash/Sakurai according to interviews.

Byleth: We had 0 idea who 5 was going to be but the day before the presentation aired, we made our sort of best guess of who we think it'll be; Me and 1 more went with a Tales character, but the last friend stated that he wants to see Byleth added to Smash.

Really the only thing we didn't "accidentally" ended up predicting is Pirahna Plant/ARMS; but so far it's just a hilarious coincidence that we all get a laugh out of when the announcement airs. Heh, guess the real leakers were the friends we made along the way.
Guess Phoenix Wright please

Calamitas

Smash Champion
( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿
You mean Dante.... (Even though I'm predicting Monster Hunter as our next Capcom rep.)
Considering how accurate your predictions have been thus far, I suppose that means that Monster Hunter is definitely not going to happen. :4pacman:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Considering how accurate your predictions have been thus far, I suppose that means that Monster Hunter is definitely not going to happen. :4pacman:
Hey meow! I predicted Banjo! And Hero, but that was an open secret.

ZelDan

Smash Master

Your ability sounds way more awesome than my ability to always seemingly miss the mark on what characters we get.

I wanted Dixie Kong more than K. Rool, and :ultkrool:is who we get.

I didn't really want another pokemon rep, but if we had to get another gen VII rep, I wanted Decidueye, and :ultincineroar: is who we got

As far as Microsoft characters go, I wanted Master Chief more than Banjo. We get :ultbanjokazooie:.

I was someone that actually wanted FE Three Houses to get a rep, wanting Edelgard or atleast one of the other House leaders. We get :ultbyleth:.

When it was announced we were getting an ARMS rep, I was thinking we'd get Springman and then we get :ultminmin

I just can't win...

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Your ability sounds way more awesome than my ability to always seemingly miss the mark on what characters we get.

I wanted Dixie Kong more than K. Rool, and :ultkrool:is who we get.

I didn't really want another pokemon rep, but if we had to get another gen VII rep, I wanted Decidueye, and :ultincineroar: is who we got

As far as Microsoft characters go, I wanted Master Chief more than Banjo. We get :ultbanjokazooie:.

I was someone that actually wanted FE Three Houses to get a rep, with Edelgard or atleast one of the other House leaders. We get :ultbyleth:.

When it was announced we were getting an ARMS rep, I was thinking we'd get Springman and then we get :ultminmin

I just can't win...
I too wanted Decidueye, and not just because he was a Grass type. He's legit one of my favorite non-Gen 1 Pokémon. But I often joke about how salty I am over Incineroar yet I LOVE his playstyle. Min Min is the same, but Spring Man would have had the same gimmick.
You're looking at probably Spring Man's biggest cheerleader here. I even coined the Spring Maniacs.
We will always be taunted by this completely disrespectful image.
20200622_204936.jpg

Ugh. Doug, can you just Falcon Pawnch that *****?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Not every character has hit home, but I can't really complain.

:ultinkling::ultridley::ultisabelle: were some of my most wanted characters.
:ultdaisy::ultdarksamus::ultkrool::ultincineroar::ultpiranha::ultminmin weren't necessarily characters I was supporting, and though there were others I wanted more, I'm happy with them.

Obviously there are still some characters I'd like to see get in Smash, but I'm content with this.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Actually, I know someone would be a perfect flash games rep.....
View attachment 277125
PAPA LOUIE BAY BEE
Another Flash Games rep I want is Henry Stickmin himself!
Henry_Stickmin_HD.png

I loved playing the Bank/Prison/Diamond/Airship/Complex games long time ago!
(He has so much potential for a moveset with the many tools you use.)
EDIT: A 6th game is coming out soon this year.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
If you wanted to bring back five more classic stages, which ones would you choose?

My list would look like this.
1.) Poke Floats
2.) Pac-Maze
3.) Rainbow Road
4.) Miiverse (reintergrated, of course)
5.) Woolly World
I'd pick...

(Goes to Smash Wiki, clicks on Smash Bros Ultimate quick link, highlight, right click, copy)

Planet Zebes and Sector Z from Super Smash Bros.; Icicle Mountain, Mushroom Kingdom, Poké Floats and Mute City from Super Smash Bros. Melee; Rumble Falls and PictoChat from Super Smash Bros. Brawl; Rainbow Road and Pac-Maze from Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS; and Jungle Hijinxs, Pyrosphere, Woolly World, Orbital Gate Assault and Miiverse from Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. The World 1-2 version of Mushroomy Kingdom.

... the rest.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I'd pick...

(Goes to Smash Wiki, clicks on Smash Bros Ultimate quick link, highlight, right click, copy)

Planet Zebes and Sector Z from Super Smash Bros.; Icicle Mountain, Mushroom Kingdom, Poké Floats and Mute City from Super Smash Bros. Melee; Rumble Falls and PictoChat from Super Smash Bros. Brawl; Rainbow Road and Pac-Maze from Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS; and Jungle Hijinxs, Pyrosphere, Woolly World, Orbital Gate Assault and Miiverse from Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. The World 1-2 version of Mushroomy Kingdom.

... the rest.
Agreed 149%.
So close, yet so far. Just bring back all stages.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Here's how I personally feel about all the newcomers for Ultimate.

:ultdaisy: : I thought this one was incredibly odd. Never in a million years did I think Daisy would become a fighter. She introduced the concept of echo fighter. Disappointed to find she was virtually the same as Peach.

:ultridley: : Shocked. Happy. Excited. I've been a firm believer that Ridley could be a fighter. All those "too big" guys lacked vision or just plain old didn't want him. Ridley was proof that almost anyone can be worked into a fighter.

:ultsimon::ultrichter: : Was very pleased. Surpised by Richter. Was very disappointed that Richters echo was so lackluster. He's practically an alt costume.

:ultchrom: : Was personally neutral but I was happy to see the guy who lost his chance laat time finally get one.

:ultdarksamus: : Pleasantly surprised. Didn't think we were going to get more than Ridley. It did make me a little sad when Donkey Kong didn't get an echo fighter.

:ultkrool: : I was ecstatic when they revealed him. I wanted both him and Dixie so it was nice I got one of those.

:ultisabelle: : I knew she was inevitable. Didn't really care. Was more excited about the Animal Crossing teaser at the end.

:ultken: : After seeing all the echoe fighters before Ken, I was certain that echoes had to be extremely similar to their counterpart. But Ken surprised me. I was surprised by how different he was and how he was still considered an echo!

:ultincineroar: : Entirely neutral. I knew a new Pokémon was coming but I didn't care which. I didn't really like any of the starters for Sun/Moon. So it didn't matter.

:ultpiranha: : This guy confuse dthe heck out of me. "Is this real? Is this a joke?" But nope he was real. At first I was a little annoyed. But I grew to love him.

:ultjoker: : Entirely neutral but extremely surprised. I don't care about Persona so I didn't care about Joker. But I was still shocled by the reveal.

:ulthero: : I believed the rumors of a Dragon Quest fighter. Thought it was going to be the DQ3 hero. Instead we got four! The name struck me as odd. Thought they could have gone with something else.

:ultbanjokazooie: : Newcomer I got the most excited over. I wanted Banjo in the game since Melee and now he's finally here. Unfortunately I don't enjoy playing as him.

:ult_terry: : Was neutral at first but I ended up really liking him because of how fun he is and his stage. Plus all that music!

:ultbyleth: : Was pretty disappointed. I could believe they ended the first DLC cycle with a Fire Emblem character. Especially after all that came before. But I got over it quick. We were getting 6 more fighters.

:ultminmin : I think this was the first newcomer that legitamately made me sad. You can't blame other newcomers for "taking a slot" away from the character you wanted. But this time, it's real. They had to go with one and only one ARMS fighter. Spring Man did not get it.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Here's how I personally feel about all the newcomers for Ultimate.

:ultdaisy: : I thought this one was incredibly odd. Never in a million years did I think Daisy would become a fighter. She introduced the concept of echo fighter. Disappointed to find she was virtually the same as Peach.

:ultridley: : Shocked. Happy. Excited. I've been a firm believer that Ridley could be a fighter. All those "too big" guys lacked vision or just plain old didn't want him. Ridley was proof that almost anyone can be worked into a fighter.

:ultsimon::ultrichter: : Was very pleased. Surpised by Richter. Was very disappointed that Richters echo was so lackluster. He's practically an alt costume.

:ultchrom: : Was personally neutral but I was happy to see the guy who lost his chance laat time finally get one.

:ultdarksamus: : Pleasantly surprised. Didn't think we were going to get more than Ridley. It did make me a little sad when Donkey Kong didn't get an echo fighter.

:ultkrool: : I was ecstatic when they revealed him. I wanted both him and Dixie so it was nice I got one of those.

:ultisabelle: : I knew she was inevitable. Didn't really care. Was more excited about the Animal Crossing teaser at the end.

:ultken: : After seeing all the echoe fighters before Ken, I was certain that echoes had to be extremely similar to their counterpart. But Ken surprised me. I was surprised by how different he was and how he was still considered an echo!

:ultincineroar: : Entirely neutral. I knew a new Pokémon was coming but I didn't care which. I didn't really like any of the starters for Sun/Moon. So it didn't matter.

:ultpiranha: : This guy confuse dthe heck out of me. "Is this real? Is this a joke?" But nope he was real. At first I was a little annoyed. But I grew to love him.

:ultjoker: : Entirely neutral but extremely surprised. I don't care about Persona so I didn't care about Joker. But I was still shocled by the reveal.

:ulthero: : I believed the rumors of a Dragon Quest fighter. Thought it was going to be the DQ3 hero. Instead we got four! The name struck me as odd. Thought they could have gone with something else.

:ultbanjokazooie: : Newcomer I got the most excited over. I wanted Banjo in the game since Melee and now he's finally here. Unfortunately I don't enjoy playing as him.

:ult_terry: : Was neutral at first but I ended up really liking him because of how fun he is and his stage. Plus all that music!

:ultbyleth: : Was pretty disappointed. I could believe they ended the first DLC cycle with a Fire Emblem character. Especially after all that came before. But I got over it quick. We were getting 6 more fighters.

:ultminmin : I think this was the first newcomer that legitamately made me sad. You can't blame other newcomers for "taking a slot" away from the character you wanted. But this time, it's real. They had to go with one and only one ARMS fighter. Spring Man did not get it.
Sad woomy noises

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
We will always be taunted by this completely disrespectful image.
This is like saying Geese fans have the right to be absolutely livid about the disrespect he got in Terry's trailer despite everyone loving it
Another Flash Games rep I want is Henry Stickmin himself!
View attachment 277130
I loved playing the Bank/Prison/Diamond/Airship/Complex games long time ago!
(He has so much potential for a moveset with the many tools you use.)
EDIT: A 6th game is coming out soon this year.
Holy **** this **** was my first exposure to Ace Attorney. Takes me back and I didn't know there was more than Prison Break

StormC

Smash Hero
My thing with Smash speculation is I get 2 of my top 5 wishlist in the base game, but no more than that, and then in DLC one pipe dream character.

:diddy::dedede:
:4megaman::4palutena:(:4cloud:)
:ultkrool::ultridley:(:ultbanjokazooie:)

Not sure what awaits me in Fighters Pass 2.

Shroob

Sup?
So, when exactly is this rumored Direct supposed to land? The 7th I've heard?

I guess it's not impossible, I mean, Nintendo's gotta eventually show off what they had for E3 since, after Paper Mario.... soo forgettable I forgot the subtitle already, they have.... a whole lot of nothing lined up for the rest of the year tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom