• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKX31

Smash Master
Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So what's Min Min's class mode route?
It's generally themed around the opponents in ARMS.

Two Mii Brawlers (with Spring Man and Ribbon Girl costumes)
Little Mac
Samus and Mega Man
Giant Donkey Kong
an army of ROBs
Min Min
Bonus Game
Galleom

Ivander

Smash Legend
-Gets update
-Goes to Spirits collection menu
-Goes to Rathalos spirit
-???
-Disappointment
cje45.jpg

An opportunity to have Boss Rematches with any character and nothing.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I just went to do the ARMS spirits with Min Min and I decided to let the game autoselect my spirit build for the Ribbon Girl fight. The primary spirit the game gives me?

A Level 1 Min Min. Minception.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
-Gets update
-Goes to Spirits collection menu
-Goes to Rathalos spirit
-???
-Disappointment
View attachment 276730

An opportunity to have Boss Rematches with any character and nothing.
let's go boss rush!!
Well, they are still keeping the fighters secret by having codenames in development.
RIP Mee/Forest rumor then

I guess no other codenames found or anything else of interest soooo now we wait for the FP7 announcement

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So there's a small chance of a Vol 3, but with only 4 characters.
There'd be 5, actually. The SSS can hold 10 more stages even with Spring Stadium. So the 5 extra that are coming with FP vol. 2, and then 5 more empty slots after that.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
There'd be 5, actually. The SSS can hold 10 more stages even with Spring Stadium. So the 5 extra that are coming with FP vol. 2, and then 5 more empty slots after that.
maybe we could get stages sans a character a la 4?

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
real thinksumi hours
So, 5 slots would be left after Volume 2. That's the number of leftover WoL slots after FP2 plus one.

I'm not getting my hopes up, but it would be insane if that theory ended up being right all along.

I just went to do the ARMS spirits with Min Min and I decided to let the game autoselect my spirit build for the Ribbon Girl fight. The primary spirit the game gives me?

A Level 1 Min Min. Minception.
Min Min Min Min.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Can't wait to play as Min Min and get the Min Min Spirit with my maxed-out Min Min Spirit.
This has solidified the Spirit rule's status as DEAD. I can easily picture the Fighter Spirits used for characters like Bandana Dee and Shantae, who got new official artworks with new releases. Not sure what Rex would do; Let's dig through some old Nintendo Twitter posts and see if there's any alternate artwork we could use.
Also, Attack while Getting Up. Not Getup Attack, Attack while Getting Up. I find this way funnier than I should.

Shroob

Sup?
At this point, I'd put a LOT of money on them using all the World of Light spots.

If they wanted to, they absolutely could have morphed the stage select screen to better fit just 5 more characters, but they didn't, they left a whole whopping 10 blank spaces open.

Now, this is odd, because even with the World of Light DLC spots, we only have 9 spots left, not 10, but this really does make me think that they're going all in.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So, 5 slots would be left after Volume 2. That's the number of leftover WoL slots after FP2 plus one.

I'm not getting my hopes up, but it would be insane if that theory ended up being right all along.

Min Min Min Min.

...hold up 5?!

watch as we get a free bonus final character or something. keep an eye out for one more WoL placeholder ID being added within the next few updates

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If we do get four more fighters, I expect them to be individual DLC rather then another Pass.

That or an Echo Pack as something quick to make.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Honestly if we get characters like Geno or Rex, I'm fairly certain they'll just do the Cloud and Robin thing where they just use their Smash render for their fighter spirit, considering they don't really have much other artwork to use, especially Geno,

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If we do get four more fighters, I expect them to be individual DLC rather then another Pass.

That or an Echo Pack as something quick to make.
would Echoes come with stages though..? hate to admit it but echoes may have been a base game deal. unless the last few stages are without a character, like what we had with 4

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Echoes don't get stages.

This makes it seem like they're preparing for another 10 or so stages.
would Echoes come with stages though..? hate to admit it but echoes may have been a base game deal. unless the last few stages are without a character, like what we had with 4
The way I'd think it is no Echoes wouldn't come with stages since as said they'd be something quick made as an means for more fan pleasing.

If they did make stages with them though, even better.

Last edited:

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
So the most interesting piece of speculation fuel to come with today's patch, is that the Min Min spirit fight was NOT updated. This means it is hard confirmed Sakurai was talking about more Mii costumes changing spirit fights, NOT new fighters. Many people on the board correctly identified this because it was brought up about the Cuphead costume.

The most obvious candidate for this would be Geno, who already has a costume model created. But who are some other possibilities we could see get "upgraded" spirit to Mii costume?

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
...hold up 5?!

watch as we get a free bonus final character or something. keep an eye out for one more WoL placeholder ID being added within the next few updates
To be clear, I was talking about 5 slots in the SSS, not the CSS. For all we know they could just fill that extra one with something else - or not fill it at all. And all of this is assuming the remaining 4 slots will be used.

Shroob

Sup?
What if they don't add more characters does that empty space will bother you until the end of time ?
Not really, but something tells me it'd bother Sakurai.

He specifically made the base game's Stage Select screen implicitly with the 5 DLC stages + Stage Builder in mind, the dude is very aesthetic-focused this game and just wants the menus to look 'nice'.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
The way I'd think it is no Echoes wouldn't come with stages since as said they'd be something quick made as an means for more fan pleasing.

If they did make stages with them though, even better.
Ms. Pac-Man, Proto Man, and Dry Bowser please.
Dry Bowser would be an instant secondary.

D

Deleted member

They've finally done it. They've made a challenging 4 Star spirit that killed me multiple times even with a decent spirit team.

Hilariously, K Rool legit flew himself over the stage and ****ing SDs himself on my 6th try, and he wasn't even in phase 2. I felt dirty after that, but a win is a win. Every other spirit was a breeze to go through thoe. I hope we get more challenging spirits like Max Brass cause I happened to beat all of Vol 1's 4 Star spirits on my 1st try.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
So the most interesting piece of speculation fuel to come with today's patch, is that the Min Min spirit fight was NOT updated. This means it is hard confirmed Sakurai was talking about more Mii costumes changing spirit fights, NOT new fighters. Many people on the board correctly identified this because it was brought up about the Cuphead costume.

The most obvious candidate for this would be Geno, who already has a costume model created. But who are some other possibilities we could see get "upgraded" spirit to Mii costume?
Shovel Knight's the other obvious choice. If he's not a fighter, the proportions match up too well to pass up on a costume.
They've finally done it. They've made a challenging 4 Star spirit that killed me multiple times even with a decent spirit team.

Hilariously, K Rool legit flew himself over the stage and ****ing SDs himself on my 6th try, and he wasn't even in phase 2. I felt dirty after that, but a win is a win. Every other spirit was a breeze to go through thoe. I hope we get more challenging spirits like Max Brass cause I happened to beat all of Vol 1's 4 Star spirits on my 1st try.
Funny story, I actually got Geese by somehow footstooling him offstage. There couldn't have been a more fitting end.

Last edited:

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774
Not really, but something tells me it'd bother Sakurai.

He specifically made the base game's Stage Select screen implicitly with the 5 DLC stages + Stage Builder in mind, the dude is very aesthetic-focused this game and just wants the menus to look 'nice'.
Hope your reasoning is correct then ^^

Shroob

Sup?
Hope your reasoning is correct then ^^
There's also the 4 extra World of Light spots which, I just do not in any way, shape or form see them going unused when every DLC character up to this point has been filling them up.

They specifically set 16 aside for DLC, I just don't see them all not being filled up by the end.

However, this is odd because, again, 4 World of Light spots, but the SSS can hold 5 extra stages after the pass.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
After about 30 mins of playtime, I have concluded that Min Min is used most effectively when you play like an asshole. :p

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I felt dirty after that, but a Min is a Min.
Fixed.

...alright, just so I add something other than a bad pun: the last DLC Legend Spirit I found to be really challenging was Hero's Allies. Phantom Thieves gave me hell too.

Grunty fell after two tries and Geese went down on the first try after a Power Dive offstage. Sothis was... so unmemorable all I remember was beating her first try.

Brass was actually harder than these three - but still nowhere near the first two.

After about 30 mins of playtime, I have concluded that Min Min is used most effectively when you play like an asshole. :p
Boy, I sure love edgeguarding... from center stage.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
No Dr. Coyle spirit is just plain baffling. She’s like the main villain of the game.
Isn't her existence kinda supposed to be secret? Isn't that the whole reason the joke about her stage theme is called [NAME REDACTED]?

Granted, not like the Smash team is above dropping spoilers out the blue.

BZocky

Smash Ace
Isn't her existence kinda supposed to be secret? Isn't that the whole reason the joke about her stage theme is called [NAME REDACTED]?

Granted, not like the Smash team is above dropping spoilers out the blue.
She appears in the background of the ARMS stage on the jumbotrons. If she’s trying to keep her existence secret she’s not doing a great job of it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom