• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I will be kinda annoyed if the Lloyd mii costume comes back, because I actually kinda want a tales character in this dlc.
Honestly? If we get an inverse Byleth situation where we get a non-promotee after a wave of AT/Spirit promotions like I'm expecting, my money's on Lloyd. We gotta get a second Bamco rep at some point, right?
Summer has officially started.

Spring is over.

View attachment 275577
BREAKING NEWS: Masahiro Sakurai extends Spring an extra day for the sole purpose of adding Spring Man to Smash.:troll:

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Gonna go into tomorrow's presentation with low expectations.

It'd be cool if we got Spring Man (so that every fan rule against Assist Trophies/Mii Fighter costumes/Spirits would be gloriously obliterated), Min Min (no more Spirit deconfirmations at least, plus a popular fan favorite), or a Hero-type character (all of the above, plus multiple characters for the price of one)... but I'm going in expecting the very real possibility of some confusing Piranha Plant-esque choice, like Biff or an ARMS 2 protagonist (the fact that the latter is actually possible at this point is honestly sad).

... of course, maybe the stars will align and we'll actually get the objectively best ARMS character...

HE

kylexv

Smash Master
12 more hours to go.

I'll be at work when it airs and can't watch it until I get home. Let's hope Nintendo doesn't spoil who the character is in the title of the YouTube upload like they did with Byleth.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I'm really starting to get tired of these circular arguments with Smash speculation though. I haven't been playing Smash much so it's been nice to get away from this. May have to go on another Smash diet soon.

Besides, loads of fun with ESO right now keeping me busy.

My final guess for the character is Springo with Ribbons/Min alts, but good luck tomorrow. And best wishes for the Mii wave as well. If I had to guess, I think that a Shovel Knight mii with a song like Cuphead or Sans seems probable, but I honestly have no idea what'll happen.

... of course, maybe the stars will align and we'll actually get the objectively best ARMS character...

HE
You know, if they'd put him in ARMS as a guest character, that would probably be a reason-to-buy-day-1-main thing. HUGE missed opportunity here.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Honestly? If we get an inverse Byleth situation where we get a non-promotee after a wave of AT/Spirit promotions like I'm expecting, my money's on Lloyd. We gotta get a second Bamco rep at some point, right?

BREAKING NEWS: Masahiro Sakurai extends Spring an extra day for the sole purpose of adding Spring Man to Smash.:troll:
Namco fans waiting for a second character be like:
Waiting-Skeleton.jpg

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Okay you got me.

The character is Sakurai's cat with slinkies on its front paws.
**** yeah, dude! Finally, we're getting the character I've been WAITING for!!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Here's to tomorrow guys, yet again another end of an speculation era.

Tomorrow being the answer whether assists and spirits can be promoted. We'll find out in the morning.

Hoping: Minmin
Prediction: Spring Man

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I was going through old posts and holy **** this guy was on to something two years ago.
Why Spring Man? Spring Man is predictable. Too! predictable. That needs to be just a one time thing with Splatoon. I feel like Nintendo is going to do something unexpected with ARMS representation.

Spring Man is sad to say, generic.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So, for a while I've been off of video games for quite a bit. Recently I have been chipping away at Xenoblade as well as some indies like Ori and Hollow Knight every now and then. But this evening, with the Arms fighter looming, I've decided to play a bit of Arms as it has been a while and all I really have to say is...

Man, this really is such a fun game! Go play some Arms when you get the chance!

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505
Thinking about the fact that the new stage will probably get it's own DLC section, thus making the thumbnail large and ugly and that makes me sad.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
So, for a while I've been off of video games for quite a bit. Recently I have been chipping away at Xenoblade as well as some indies like Ori and Hollow Knight every now and then. But this evening, with the Arms fighter looming, I've decided to play a bit of Arms as it has been a while and all I really have to say is...

I've found that it's not super fun to play alone(at least for me anyways) but when I play with 2-3 other people I have a blast.

Also was reminded of the time my then 2 year old cousin became obsessed with the game for a little bit earlier today. She wasn't very good at talking yet but when she'd come over she'd always want me to play it for her and she'd sit directly on top of me while I laid on the floor to watch and say "woah" and "wow" the entire time. I guess that's not really related to your post but thought dropping a wholesome gaming story fast before tomorrow gets wild would be a good idea.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
What your most wanted ARMS character says about you:
sko9bk1yjd651.jpg
(You know, I'm fine with any of them getting into Smash.)

Last edited:
So it all ends tomorrow. Soon we'll know who this mystery fighter is. Before would have been better, but before's over.

(Just please never do a "reveal" like that ever again, Nintendo).

Anyways, hoping for Spring Man, and that's it. Should be interesting no matter what.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm just bemoaning the fact I gotta wake up early to view it, 'cause if I don't, it'll just be all over the net and spoil the surprise.

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505
Not to get all antsy, especially since we're not getting the next fighter revealed tomorrow, but when do you suppose they'll reveal them and in what matter? Will it be in a Nintendo direct in September? Or will it be shown off in a random Smash direct? Curious to know what others think.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This is... actually awful...

Like... forget reducing people's want to "you just want this instead," you just straight up insult people that doesn't share your taste.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman

Not only that, but back when they happened, ARMS Party Crash was the best online experience I've ever had in an online game.
Wait, my best online experience comes from a Nintendo game? What wizardly is this???

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
They would've decided on a mobile game rep ages ago. Honestly I almost expect Dragalia Lost in Smash now, just because them deciding to greenlight it a year ago before deciding to shutter mobile game development after AC sales is very Nintendo. AC came out this year, and Fighter Pass 2 was already decided by Byleth's release a few months before AC.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Not to get all antsy, especially since we're not getting the next fighter revealed tomorrow, but when do you suppose they'll reveal them and in what matter? Will it be in a Nintendo direct in September? Or will it be shown off in a random Smash direct? Curious to know what others think.
My guess is that we might go back to the Smash 4 days where Nintendo randomly decides when they're gonna to show us a new character and not wait for a direct. Not shadow dropping trailers of course, but more like how directs get announced where it'll be something like

"Check out the trailer for Challenger Pack 7 on ______ at _______" and then we get a couple minute trailer. Sorta like how they did Pokemon a few times last year

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
>Kid Kobra's stereotype.

Oh heck to the no! His stage is easily the worst in the entire game.

This is... actually awful...

Like... forget reducing people's want to "you just want this instead," you just straight up insult people that doesn't share your taste.
Not sure if you care but I'm pretty sure this is satire.

SnowClaws

Smash Apprentice
Well, tomorrow is the ARMS presentation and congrats to the ARMS character(s) that is going to be the Smash rep. Reminder that the time for the ARMS presentation is 7:00 a.m. PT/10:00 a.m. ET. I still think it is going to be a ARMS duo (which is a nod to Team Fight); if not, then my solo choice is Mechanica since she prove that anyone can join the ARMS tournament despite not having any actual ARMS herself, and if anyone can join Smash, then why not her, the one who already prove anyone can join ARMS, and could do it twice with the idea that anyone can join Smash.

Also, why are people still choosing Springtron as one of the alternate colors for Spring Man, don't you guys wants a powerful character that could do a AOE attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom