• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
that inspired me to do a thing

What are the top 5 must have songs with your dream fighters?
This was a lot of fun to think about. Here's what I came up with for mine:

Estelle Bright: The Whereabouts of Light [New Remix] (I actually made my own remix a little while ago based on how I thought it might sound in Smash), Sophisticated Fight, Fateful Confrontation, Silver Will (Super Arrange Version), Dreamy and Boisterous Holy Land (starting around the 0:55 mark since the intro is long & slow)

Phoenix Wright: Phoenix Wright ~ Objection! 2013, Pursuit ~ Cornered, Apollo Justice ~ A New Chapter of Trials! 2016, Athena Cykes ~ Courtroom Revolutionnaire 2016, and of course, the Steel Samurai theme

Travis Touchdown: N.M.H, We Are Finally Cowboys, an instrumental version of Philistine (because those lyrics are a bit much for Smash), Dynamite Rocket (or any of the Jasper Batt Jr. fight themes, really), and then something cool from NMH3

Neku Sakuraba: Twister, Someday, Calling [New Remix], Emptiness and, Transformation (Final Remix)

2B: City Ruins (Rays of Light) [New Remix], Song of the Ancients (Atonement), A Beautiful Song, Bipolar Nightmare, Emil (Despair)

Lloyd Irving: Fighting of the Spirit [New Remix], Beat the Angel, Fatalize, and then a couple tracks from other Tales games (if I had to pick two in particular, it'd be Fury Sparks from Vesperia and Meaning of Birth from Abyss, but in general I just want some Tales tracks outside of just Symphonia)

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I'll do the 5 songs per character game with some of my most wanteds:

- Dante: Devils Never Cry, Hellfire, Vergil Battle 2, Ultra Violet, Devil Trigger - Tropical Devil Night Remix (I know this one's just a remix of Devil Trigger but I love this version even if it doesn't fit Smash that much)

- Kiryu: Reign, Friday Night, Receive You, Bad Fortune Flower, Fly

- Sol Badguy: Blue Water Blue Sky, Burly Heart, Still In The Dark, Break A Spell, Black Blank blah-blah-blah,

- Phoenix Wright: The Fragance of Dark Coffee, Child of Magic, I'm Fine!, Keep Pressing On, A New Chapter of Trials! 2016

Bruh it's already in

Boot up Smash and listen to Twilight Stigmata
**** dh427492fw7f you're right lol I don't know why I forgot this. I was replaying Order of Ecclesia recently so maybe my brain thought about the original version and not the Harmony of Despair version

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

for me:

Neku: Twister Remix (final battle), Emptiness And, Calling (Smash Remix), Give Me All Your Love (with that one lyric removed cause this game is for Good Boys And Girls), Make Or Break
Octoling: #8 - regret (Smash Remix), Splattack (Octo) (renamed to #3 - splattack, cause it's Dedf1sh remixing it and wanna keep up with the lore), Tidal Rush (yes I know it's from the base game and not Octo Expansion, idc), #13 - shade, and Fly Octo Fly ~ Ebb & Flow (Octo)
Elma: Uncontrollable (original and instrumental so off the bat that's two songs), aBOreSSs (Prog Ares), Black Tar, In The Forest X -> Z Ver (Yggralith Zero)
Black Shadow: Feel Our Pain ~ Fire Field (F-Zero GX), Paper Engine ~ Outer Space (F-Zero GX), Theme of Captain Falcon (...yeah it's obvious they're all gonna be from GX at this point), Theme of Dr. Stewart, Theme of Black Shadow
Axel Stone
1. Go Straight, 2. Fighting in the Street, 3. Dreamer, 4. Under Logic, 5. Slow Moon (Alright screw it I'm gonna have to break some rules, too many good songs in Streets of Rage 2 alone it's not even fair) 6. Shinobi Reverse, 7. Spin on the Bridge, 8. In The Bar, 9. Alien Power, 10. Wave 131, 11. Ready Funk, 12. Back to the Industry, 13. Expander, 14. Never Return Alive, 15. Boss battle 02, 16. They're Back, 17. Character Select, 18. The Storm Boat, 19. An Exhibition Art Gallery

Sgt. Cortez (The music here is a bit slower paced but nothing a good remixing won't fix)
1. TimeSplitters 2 Main Theme, 2. Chicago, 3. Return to Planet X, 4. Neotokyo, 5. Wild West, (Gonna have to break the top 5 rule again) 6. Mexican Mission, 7. Ice Station, 8. Nightclub, 9. Scrapyard, 10. Chinese Restaurant, 11. Streets, 12. Compound, 13. Site, 14. Chemical Plant, 15. Planet X, 16. Venice, 17. Zeppelin,

I'll just leave it there.

unrelated to smash but related to Sakurai
I love this troll, had me thinking he filmed a plane taking off.
Not gonna lie. I almost thought he was showing that he was taking a plane to another country to discuss about an upcoming fighter like "He must be hinting that the new character is going to be western!".

Then I realised how dumb that would be for him to do that.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'll do the 5 songs per character game with some of my most wanteds:

- Dante: Devils Never Cry, Hellfire, Vergil Battle 2, Ultra Violet, Devil Trigger - Tropical Devil Night Remix (I know this one's just a remix of Devil Trigger but I love this version even if it doesn't fit Smash that much)

- Kiryu: Reign, Friday Night, Receive You, Bad Fortune Flower, Fly

- Sol Badguy: Blue Water Blue Sky, Burly Heart, Still In The Dark, Break A Spell, Black Blank blah-blah-blah,

- Phoenix Wright: The Fragance of Dark Coffee, Child of Magic, I'm Fine!, Keep Pressing On, A New Chapter of Trials! 2016

**** dh427492fw7f you're right lol I don't know why I forgot this. I was replaying Order of Ecclesia recently so maybe my brain thought about the original version and not the Harmony of Despair version
Lmao. But yeah Twilight Stigmata's the version used in the game's opening, Smash renamed a bunch of songs for some reason, not just CastleVania ones either
(because those lyrics are a bit much for Smash)
Nah let little Timmy ask his parents what's so special about thigh highs socks, what Margaret means with 'pure girl', 'oyster shell' and 'goddamn *****'

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Okay another game time, hope everyone is good btw, here's the deal; pick the remaining 5 DLC characters, but each of them must be categorised as an archetype that the Smash community would predictibly complain about. For example, another Fire Emblem Sword Lord.

I'll go first;

1. Zelda from BotW2. It's logical to assume she's gonna be given a bigger role the next game. Community would complain that she's just another variation of Zelda, and she'd even share a few basic moves with Zelda.

2. Cinderance. Another Fire starter , as been said.

3. Paper Mario. Another Mario. Could potentially borrow some stuff of Mario and Mr. G&W.

4. Dixie Kong. Another Kong? Would this be a factor? Anyway , needed some personal choices here that I would actually pick. Could indeed even borrow a bit from Diddy, and technically be a semi-clone with her unique Helicopter Spin mechanic.

5. Isaac. Another anime swordsman, of course! I just realize this when typing it. There WILL be massive complains about this if the next "big 3rd party addition" won't make it, and Isaac does. His haircut is basically the same as Cloud's, which doesn't help.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Okay another game time, hope everyone is good btw, here's the deal; pick the remaining 5 DLC characters, but each of them must be categorised as an archetype that the Smash community would predictibly complain about. For example, another Fire Emblem Sword Lord.

I'll go first;

1. Zelda from BotW2. It's logical to assume she's gonna be given a bigger role the next game. Community would complain that she's just another variation of Zelda, and she'd even share a few basic moves with Zelda.

3. Paper Mario. Another Mario. Could potentially borrow some stuff of Mario and Mr. G&W.

4. Dixie Kong. Another Kong? Would this be a factor? Anyway , needed some personal choices here that I would actually pick. Could indeed even borrow a bit from Diddy, and technically be a semi-clone with her unique Helicopter Spin mechanic.

5. Isaac. Another anime swordsman, of course! I just realize this when typing it. There WILL be massive complains about this if the next "big 3rd party addition" won't make it, and Isaac does. His haircut is basically the same as Cloud's, which doesn't help.
1. Ephraim, Fire Emblem Character
2. Hector, Fire Emblem Character
3. Tiki, Fire Emblem Character
4. Leif, Fire Emblem Character
5. Goku from that one old game
Best roster 10/10

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I didn’t say they knew the whole pass, I find the concept of anybody knowing the whole pass a bit crazy to expect.

I do think it could be a case by case thing, as these sources don’t have the info until a short time before.
Oh yeah, I know you weren't saying that. I didn't mean that! Maybe I could have expressed myself better.

About this, I agree. Even super reputable people in the industry aren't aware of everything. Also it depends on their sources. Some people have contacts that are more close to certain companies. So it's possible for Imran to know 1, 2 or 3 characters? I guess so. Maybe what he has heard about Smash DLC makes him more convinced of a strong focus on first party for this fighter pass, but maybe what he hasn't heard about the upcoming DLC would make him think differently.
In any case, if they don't know the full thing, the same goes for us. Until FP7 is announced I don't think we can really talk about the direction of this pass. ARMS could be the tone of the pass, but it also could be the exception.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero

I'll go first;

Bandana Dee-We've all know the copypasta from the other day. Don't need to explain this one.

Sol Badguy-Anime? Check. Sword? Check. Fighting game inputs? Check. Perceived "obscurity?" Check.

Alfonse-Ah yes, mobile phone Marth. (Wait, no, that's incorrect; He's clearly more of a mobile phone Chrom)

Someone from League of Legends (Ahri? That's the name tossed around the most)-I've heard some things about the fanbase, and everyone's going to be complaining about free-to-play and/or being owned by Tencent. Also, if it's Ahri, we'll never hear the end of the waifubait complaints.

Mallow-The ultimate screw you to both Geno supporters, as well as a solo appearance. from a fairly obscure Mario spinoff. Everyone is left jilted.

And, of course...

Dark Classic Pit-Never ask Sakurai for anything ever again

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

I'll go first;

1. Ocarina of Time Link: Another Link
2. Crono: Anime Swordsman
3. Klonoa: Cereal Box Mascot
4. Decidueye: Another Pokemon
5. Sgt. Cortez: Untouchable legend who cannot be harmed by words because everyone loves him.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I'll go first;

Sol: Input commands, anime and DORAGON INSUTORU!

Miriam: ew women, literally who, anime

Travis Touchdown: Anime, sword, shill pick, not kiddy enough

Kazuma Kiryu: Too realistic, too mature not another Sonic character, not Nintendo enough

Master Chief: Not Nintendo enough, FPS game, too campy, shill pick, too violent

SKX31

Smash Master

I'll go first;

1. Dante: Anime swordsman, Smash 4 :4bayonetta: comparisions. Edit: "Husbandobait"

2. Reimu: Another magic-user, bullet hell, played by campers.

3. Ahri (League of Legends): "Steals spot from Morrigan", possible gameplay comparisions with :ultpalutena:, Tencent-owned*

4. Master Chief: OP Energy Sword and played by teabaggers.

5. KOS-MOS: "Too versatile / broken moves", played by campers / spammers, "waifubait"

*(Which might cause some nasty political arguments. While Tencent = / = The Chinese state, the two have been uncomfortably close. Even after a nasty monetization freeze / spat where Tencent lost $200 Billion in 2018 - I personally suspect that this freeze caused Tencent to first approach Nintendo since the two filed the first Switch trademarks in China also in 2018)

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

I'll go first;

1. Elma - too complex to use, from an installment nobody cares about, "stole Rex's spot"
2. Neku - literal who. Like, why not Geno or 2B? also Ness 2.0
3. KOS-MOS - waifubait/leakbait, "from a series nobody nowadays cares about", OP moves
4. Octoling - "ANOTHER Splatoon rep?! why weren't they an echo for Inkling in base game!?"
5. Black Shadow - from a "dead franchise", Ganondorf 2.0 without the sword/Captain Falcon but slower, also "why wasn't he an echo in the base game too?"

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
All my wanted are either too anime or/and will have command inputs... We do live in a society, huh... ;-;

And then there's Kiryu.... I guess people would hate him just because Nagoshi refuses to put the Yakuza games on Nintendo consoles. Kind of like how people dislike Joker because of the lack of mainline Persona games on Switch.

andree123

Smash Ace

I'll go first;

1. Lloyd Irving. A anime swordsman and Bandai Namco rep.
2. Rex. Japanese only cares about him as a playable fighter in the game.
3. Travis Touchdown. Ask the creator of no more heroes.
4. ???. Probably a first party character with a unexpected feature.
5. Euden. A way to end the fighters pass 2 with a disappointment because he is a mobile rep and anime swordsman.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord

Sephiroth: One Winged Angel (Rebirth or Advent Children), JENOVA, Bombing Run, For Those Who Fight Further (Remake Airbuster ver.), Hell House (Remake)

Raiden: Literally any Metal Gear Rising tune. Rules of Nature (Duh...), Stranger I Remain, It Has to Be This Way, I'm My Own Master Now, The Only Thing I Know For Real are my main considerations.

Dante: Devil's Never Cry (DMC3), Devil Trigger (DMC5), Silver Bullet (DMC5), Vergil Boss Battle 3 (DMC3), Shall Never Surrender (DMC4)

I honestly need more time for this one. I'll likely edit this soon.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I love forum games!

Dovahkiin: Dragonborn (Main Theme), One They Fear, Watch The Skies, For Blood, For Glory, For Honor (ESO Original Theme), Weapons Drawn (ESO). Honorable mentions to the Oblivion and Morrowind main themes.

Tails: Chemical Plant Zone (espicially if this is his stage or comes with an awesome remix like this fan one), Casino Night Zone (bonus points for playing it at 1.25x speed)

Midna or Urbosa: Guardian Battle (with the piano as the timer's counting down at the beginning), A mashup of the Champions' themes with the Ballad of the Champions, Molgera (Hyrule Warriors), Title and Dragon (Hyrule Warriors)

Nightmare: Hellfire (SCII), If There Were Any Other Way (SCIII), Forsaken Sanctuary (SCIII), Glacial Colosseum (SCIV), Sacred Dawn (SCV). This one's tough since Soul Calibur has loads of good ones and I didn't even get to SCVI tracks like Under a Pledge, The Lionhearted, or Moon of Oblivion

Going with the above...

"Ugh, another swordsman who has magic specials? He's too gritty and western anyway! We already have Simon as a barbarian, we don't need another! And who cares about avatars!"

"Ugh, some random side character! Why are they going with him, he's not even the favorite from that franchise! Look how much of a scaredy cat he is when we could have had someone badass!"

"Ugh, Zelda's oversaturated! They don't need more characters! Why not show some love to series that don't already have a million characters!" Bonus points for Urbosa as "Another Link clone!"

"Ugh, anime swordsman again! We have enough characters with BFS, we don't need another! Besides, he's not even cute!"

Krankees

Smash Ace

for me:

Neku: Twister Remix (final battle), Emptiness And, Calling (Smash Remix), Give Me All Your Love (with that one lyric removed cause this game is for Good Boys And Girls), Make Or Break
Octoling: #8 - regret (Smash Remix), Splattack (Octo) (renamed to #3 - splattack, cause it's Dedf1sh remixing it and wanna keep up with the lore), Tidal Rush (yes I know it's from the base game and not Octo Expansion, idc), #13 - shade, and Fly Octo Fly ~ Ebb & Flow (Octo)
Elma: Uncontrollable (original and instrumental so off the bat that's two songs), aBOreSSs (Prog Ares), Black Tar, In The Forest X -> Z Ver (Yggralith Zero)
Black Shadow: Feel Our Pain ~ Fire Field (F-Zero GX), Paper Engine ~ Outer Space (F-Zero GX), Theme of Captain Falcon (...yeah it's obvious they're all gonna be from GX at this point), Theme of Dr. Stewart, Theme of Black Shadow
Phoenix Wright: Cornered, Objection 2001, Courtroom Révolutionnaire, Cross Examination 2001, and A New Trial is in Session!

Bonus mini picks/music I like:
Ryu Hayabusa: Unbreakable Determination
Reimu/Touhou: Idk there are a lot of good ones
Sora:Destiny Islands Heartless Battle

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

Reimu: Necrofantasia, Nuclear Fusion, Boarder of Life, Love Colored Master Spark, and UN Owen Was Her

Bomberman: Boss Theme (Super Bomberman), Redial, Battle, Terror, and Landlord

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

I'm just going to stick with my top three characters for simplicity's sake. (and all of the music that I can think of for Rayman would be stuff like the Mariachi version of Eye of the Tiger that would never make it into Smash. For Elma, all I can think of is Uncontrollable)

Geno: Fight Against An Armed Boss, Beware the Forest's Mushrooms, Rose Town, Fight Against Smithy, Fight Against Culex (that last one's more of an excuse to get more Final Fantasy music into the game)

Doomguy: At Doom's Gate, BFG Division, The Only Thing They Fear Is You, Gladiator, Running from Evil

Dante: Devil Trigger, Devils Never Cry, The Time Has Come, Vergil Battle 2, Public Enemy

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

for me:

Last edited:

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
Isnt it strange theres been no leaks? Normally someone would blab about the character like Vergeben or Sabi but I suppose Nintendo/Sakurai's team is keeping it on stronger lockdown?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

for me:

Sora
Dearly Beloved
Hand in Hand
Another Side, Another Story
The Encounter
Rage Awakened

Crash Bandicoot
Title Theme/Time Twister (Crash Bandicoot WAARRRPED)
Dr. Neo Cortex (Crash Bandicoot)
Title Theme (Crash Bandicoot)/Map/N. Sanity Beach (Outer)

...I couldn't think of two more for Crash.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Isnt it strange theres been no leaks? Normally someone would blab about the character like Vergeben or Sabi but I suppose Nintendo/Sakurai's team is keeping it on stronger lockdown?
Plot twist: Sakurai's cat actually has been the leaker this entire time, but now that everyone's stuck at home, Sakurai's able to keep an eye on his cat so nothing can be leaked out.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

for me:

Steve: Minecraft, Sweden, Wait, Cat + Dog, Wet Hands

Geno: Beware the Forest’s Mushrooms, Geno Awakens + Goodbye Geno, Fight Against Monsters, Fight Against an Armed Boss, Fight Against Smithy (+ FAS, Who Likes Transforming)

Skull Kid: Majora’s Theme, Stone Tower Temple, Majora’s Mask Medley (ocarina tunes), Great Bay Temple, Clock Town (all 3 days + Final Hours)

Midna: Midna’s Theme, Faron Woods, Palace of Twilight, Armogohma’s battle theme, Zant’s battle theme

Porky Minch: Porky Means Business!/Cease to Exist, Battle Against a Machine, Piggy Guys, Master Porky’s Theme, Giygas’s Theme

Gengar: Lavender Town + Pokémon Tower, Battle! Gym Leader (Red & Blue), Battle! Champion Blue, Battle! Champion Lance/Trainer Red, Abandoned Thrifty Megamart

Ninten: Twinkle Elementary School, Battle Against a Dangerous Foe, Youngtown, Fallin’ Love, Mt. Itoi

Last edited:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Actually, as previously seen with Byleth, Nintendo has a much easier time keeping the word from getting out when it's one of their own characters. I think generally when a 3rd party character's identity is leaked, it comes out of their own company.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I think the age of leaks is dead. Nintendo’s really cracked down on it for Smash ever since Banjo.
There was Intern-kun and the SNK trademark on Fighter Pack #4 as well, but it seems like that was the last straw.

Between Byleth and the ARMS character not leaking, no info about the future of FP2 leaking, and the comments Sakurai made about employees at Nintendo not knowing about Byleth, it really seems like Smash is on a need to know basis now. Nintendo's been burned one too many times.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think the age of leaks is dead. Nintendo’s really cracked down on it for Smash ever since Banjo.
Even those in the know are keeping their cards very close to their chest, dropping the vaguest of hints and then backtracking.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I do think that Sakurai should reveal who the fighters are, like how Netherrealms does it. They may not have gameplay, but at least we know who they are.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I do think that Sakurai should reveal who the fighters are, like how Netherrealms does it. They may not have gameplay, but at least we know who they are.
That would be nice, though the wait would be torture if we found out that, for example, Dante was in the game, but we'd have to wait until December 2021 to play as him or even find out how he plays. (after Bayonetta in Smash 4, I don't think they'd save a combo-heavy character for the end again, but that's just an example - he could be replaced with any character that someone badly wants to see playable in Smash)

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Welp... guys...
05C3AF0A-4AEC-487E-BF82-116CC8159964.png

as expected... time will tell if he was telling the truth

also I TOLD you this was rigged in a way that he leaked her without actually saying it in a way the Nintenjas would nab him

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
That would be nice, though the wait would be torture if we found out that, for example, Dante was in the game, but we'd have to wait until December 2021 to play as him or even find out how he plays. (after Bayonetta in Smash 4, I don't think they'd save a combo-heavy character for the end again, but that's just an example - he could be replaced with any character that someone badly wants to see playable in Smash)
I'd rather wait for something I know I'm gonna get, then roll the dice and wait for something I may not like. I like being sure.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Welp... guys...
View attachment 275563

also I TOLD you this was rigged in a way that he leaked her without actually saying it in a way the Nintenjas would nab him
Or he may not have been hinting at all? I honestly don't get why he would use a poll when he could make a post which could easily be even more ambiguous in a way to not get caught out if he even is leaking anything and also has the bonus of there being no chance some other character is being hinted at which a regular post would guarantee. There is also the fact that no one else has came out with anything. Could someone please elaborate?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Welp... guys...

I'm gonna laugh when it turns out to be Spring Man tomorrow.

The protagonist/mascot first will live on!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom