• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Aloy?

Like, Fighting Aloy team?
Protag from the Horizon series. Fun game, very much worth a play if you have a PS4. I managed to drop 100 hours on it including DLC.

No worries though, had the same thought when I first heard of her due to someone noming her on RTC. Was like "oh, well that's for sure a troll pick I guess" and then found out about the series and gave it a go. Highly recommend it

SKX31

Smash Master
My Pass and how it fared:

Dante - 5th
Master Chief - 8th
Reimu - 11th
KOS-MOS - 42nd
Ahri - 5 votes (T-329th) - LoL got 15 votes total, good for a combined 174th (tied with Gunvolt, Cadence, NiGHTS etc.)
Dr. Coyle - 3 votes (T-438th) / Max Brass - 2 votes (T-543th)

Now that's a mix of highly requested and more "niche" wants.

Also, this is a really strange development:

While there's been a larger emphasis on Hong Kong / China lately from Nintendo's side, I have no clue why a US version wasn't released around the EU one.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Bandana Waddle Dee is the only first-party character to be in the top 10.

A true warrior never dies.
I dont get it, he's SOOOOO BORING compared to literally ANY other potential Kirby character. Whats so much greater about a spear user, a NORMAL non magic embued spear mind you compared to summon focused painter, a a cosmic mad jester, or an evil abomination wielding a sword, Like what makes BWD so "oh yeah I want HIM for Smash!"

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I dont get it, he's SOOOOO BORING compared to literally ANY other potential Kirby character. Whats so much greater about a spear user, a NORMAL non magic embued spear mind you compared to summon focused painter, a a cosmic mad jester, or an evil abomination wielding a sword, Like what makes BWD so "oh yeah I want HIM for Smash!"
I think the BWD support mainly stems from people wanting any new Kirby character & siding with BWD since he’s been Player 4 in a couple games.

He’s adorable, but I don’t think he’d be exciting in Smash.

Very happy to see Master Chief, Crash, Sora, Doom Slayer, Steve, Rayman & Dante all in the top 10. I wonder how Resident Evil characters would’ve done if this was done before the spirit event.

Nanami77

Banned via Warnings
I wonder if Vol 2 is going to be the equivalent to GOT Season 8 for Smash reveals

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
He’s the waddle dee and Dedede’s second right-hand man (first is Escargoon).

Though I do personally want Adeleine, Marx, and Dark Matter as well, but Bandana Dee is cool too, and I think he should come next since he’s of the main four. He could potentially use a parasol and some other stuff too, and still do cool stuff with his spear since it wouldn’t just be like a sword, looking at his moveset in the Kirby games he’s playable in (and well it’s a spear, spears aren’t swords anyway and can’t be used the same aside from a forward thrust I guess).

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I think the BWD support mainly stems from people wanting any new Kirby character & siding with BWD since he’s been Player 4 in a couple games.

He’s adorable, but I don’t think he’d be exciting in Smash.

Very happy to see Master Chief, Crash, Sora, Doom Slayer, Steve, Rayman & Dante all in the top 10. I wonder how Resident Evil characters would’ve done if this was done before the spirit event.
I'm confused why Shantae lost so many votes, like nothing significant happened for most of the top 15 to make her lose support it seems.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Bandana Dee is the most important Kirby character left. All of those are two offs, their original game and Star Allies. Bandana Dee has been in every Kirby game since the Super Star remake on DS, not even Dedede and Meta Knight can say that. And it's not like he doesn't have moveset potential, we don't have a spear-only character, and they could probably do something with the Star Allies element stuff. I like Marx, but he needs to wait his turn.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'm not really on the BWD train either. I think Marx could be really fun and he's the one I'd want for another Kirby rep. BWD doing spear moves just feels very flat to me. After a jab, a throw, and a spin I guess I'm not really sure what else he could do with it. I'm not that into Kirby so maybe he has other abilities I don't know about but on the surface I don't see it

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I wonder if Vol 2 is going to be the equivalent to GOT Season 8 for Smash reveals
So basically all six trailers will supposedly have fan favorites, but then they get killed off for the real newcomers to "subvert expectations".

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Can this become a new copypasta, it's so exaggerated I seriously can't tell if trolling

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
So basically all six trailers will supposedly have fan favorites, but then they get killed off for the real newcomers to "subvert expectations".
Imagine if Geno got revealed and then was stabbed through the chest by the real DLC character, Euden from Dragalia Lost.

D

Deleted member

I mean.....

If a pure spear moveset isn’t your thing, he can also use a parasol.

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
Bandana Dee is the most important Kirby character left. All of those are two offs, their original game and Star Allies. Bandana Dee has been in every Kirby game since the Super Star remake on DS, not even Dedede and Meta Knight can say that. And it's not like he doesn't have moveset potential, we don't have a spear-only character, and they could probably do something with the Star Allies element stuff. I like Marx, but he needs to wait his turn.
I'm pretty certain the painter summoner and the sword abomination are not two-offs. Just saying.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Saw the SourceGaming Poll, anyone who voted for MMX, Jin Kazama, Hayabusa, Heihachi, Fulgore, Chun-Li, Dante, Lara, Dixie and Scorp/SubZ is a king.

Zero, Crash, Elma and Alucard bros are cool too.

EDIT: Shoutouts to the ONE Chad who voted for Axl.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
My (realistic) pass is pretty much in the top 10. Crash (#1), Sora (#4), Dante (#5), Lloyd (#4), Geno (#2), and Spring Man is the highest ARMS character. But that’s primarily because there’s not many characters that I want, as I’m pretty content, and most of those characters are characters I’d like for fans who want them.

I guess if I were to go with my wants that I don’t expect, there’s more of a spread: in addition to Crash and Sora, Rayman (#6), Isaac (#15), Dixie Kong (#16), Spyro (#21), Tails (#28), Shadow echo (#33), Agumon (#41), Bomberman (#50), Conker (#53).

But even then there’s a lot of characters on there like Isaac who I’ve never played their games, just seems like an interesting character, and someone like Rayman, who I tried a demo of Legends and didn’t like it, but I feel like is an iconic enough character with interesting moves that they should be in. And a character like Tails I like for nostalgia, though I wouldn’t pick for Smash myself as I prefer unique characters to come from series not yet in Smash, particularly difficult ones like third party characters. And all of them is in the top 50, except Conker who’s close. So, can’t really complain, but that’s partly as a lot of my most wanted characters are either already in or are already popular.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
The biggest contributor to Doomguy/Doom Slayer's rise on the poll would mostly stem from the merging of fandoms between Animal Crossing and DOOM because of New Horizons and Eternal having the same release date. Pretty much the whole time before March 20th, it was nonstop Animal Crossing x DOOM wholesomeness from both communities from fanart to SFMs to subreddits being welcoming to 1 another and so on. Not even somebody at Bethesda or ID saying Nintendo didn't call them back would kill people's interest in Doom Slayer being playable.
Doomguy's fanbase was even before that.

It really came from the DOOM 2016 port to switch, and the news that Eternal was first releasing on Switch as well. Pity, since other Switch ports (like Skyrim) didn't seem to catch much traction at all.

I know, since people have been ignoring all of Bethesda's other properties for the whole length of Smash Ultimate speculation. Even that 'Bethesda was in talks with Smash' news article during basegame had most people thinking Doomguy and nothing else.

The AC release date just boosted the love there a lot.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Can this become a new copypasta, it's so exaggerated I seriously can't tell if trolling
I don't get it, he's SOOOOO BORING compared to literally ANY other potential Disney character. What's so much greater about a Keyblade weilder a NORMAL Square Enix-made one, mind you) compared to 1928's pop-star, living, or an evil emperor's right-hand man with a laser sword. Like, what makes Sora so "oh yeah I want HIM for Smash!" worthy?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That said, I clearly haven't pushed for Mega Man X enough outside of this site. He's the coolest Robot-Man of them all.

I'm glad I'm not the only one to vote for him.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Well, it depends on how much you like them in the first place...

If you already hate the fan favorite because you're tired of them being shoved in your face, it's easy to see how they were slipping into villainy in the first place.
(omg I hated her so much. She totally deserved it)

Also then that means the second ends up being the most basic character but yet the best one by far, the third is impossible to see, and the fourth is just bizarre and trying to do too much.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Imagine shutting down Helix specifically and then just keeping the information away, like bro why kill me off like that if you ain't gonna finish the job :drsad:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I dont get it, he's SOOOOO BORING compared to literally ANY other potential Mario character. Whats so much greater about a jump man, with NORMAL non magic embued overalls mind you compared to a lanky trickster, a a puppet sent by god, or an adventurer with a mushroom for a hat, Like what makes Mario so "oh yeah I want HIM for Smash!"

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Polls are interesting to look at, but they really shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Honestly, I doubt any DLC character besides Banjo came close to being in the top 10 of most polls taken before Joker was revealed. I might even go as far as to say that they probably didn't make the top 25 in most cases.
Yeah, I had a Mega Man Specific poll in my thread, and the results were pretty different from this one.

In the sense that MMX and Zero are still the top 2 for the franchise, but the numbers are MUCH closer together, and Mega Man X has a slight lead over Zero. Those two had more than a couple dozen votes at the moment. Protoman and Bass also did much better.

I wouldn't mind making a larger scale ballot/poll myself for something like this. Though the audience I'd reach obviously isn't as vast at the moment.

Sorry, but the fact Sora is 5th makes me happy to know that people love and want sora as much as I do

to bad it will never happen but it makes me happy to know
Sora's been popular with Smash fans for a good while. It makes sense for him to be top 10.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Imagine shutting down Helix specifically and then just keeping the information away, like bro why kill me off like that if you ain't gonna finish the job :drsad:
Reminds me of Vergeben specifically dis-confirming Kat from Gravity Rush.

Yep, a niche, cult classic character owned by Nintendo's direct completion.

Like, why? That's like telling a kid in crutches he's not gonna be a quarterback.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don’t get it, he’s SOOOOO BORING compared to literally ANY other potential Super Mario™️ character. What’s so great about red-cap Stalin with fireballs and boots, NORMAL boots and average fireballs mind you compared to a big turtle dragon, a cosmic space girl, and a magic princess who rules over mushroom people, Like what makes Mario so “oh I want HIM for Smash!”

no offense to Shinuto I just like meme-potential stuff like this.

I dont get it, he's SOOOOO BORING compared to literally ANY other potential Mario character. Whats so much greater about a jump man, with NORMAL non magic embued overalls mind you compared to a lanky trickster, a a puppet sent by god, or an adventurer with a mushroom for a hat, Like what makes Mario so "oh yeah I want HIM for Smash!"
dang it I was too late. oh well I’m posting it anyway.

Good job, dude.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
You clearly haven't played a modern kirby game. Typical.
I'll give you adeline, but the version of Dark matter people care about is a two off. It was in Dream Land 2, then Planet Robobot.
It wasn't, it also appeared in Dreamland 3, Kirby 64, numerous spin offs, Mass Attack, Dark Matter appears everywhere.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I mean honestly, it'd be really dickish of Nate to come out and say who it is, and also Nintendo would be on his ass. NDA is a thing, you know. He and the other insiders can't jeopardize their sources like that.

It's the whole reason insiders had to be really coy about why they knew the Grinch Leak was fake. Saying Isaac is an assist trophy = NDA broken.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I mean.....

If a pure spear moveset isn’t your thing, he can also use a parasol.
I wouldn't be surprised if they took the Piranha Plant route with it and gave it a spear that is also a Parasol and a Beam rod. It would potentially make the character more visually interesting, and as long as the main focus is on the trademark spear, I'd be fine with it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom