• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So since we're almost there(hopefully at least) anyone up for a game of most and least wanted characters from ARMS? I'll go:

Most Wanted - Helix
Least Wanted - Mechanica
Most Wanted - Min Min
Least Wanted - Byte and Barq (hated them in ARMS, would probably hate them in Smash)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
For whatever its worth. we have:

Normal: I (jigglypuff half)
Fairy: I (jigglypuff half)
Psychic: I (mewtwo)
Electric II (pichu, pikachu)
Water II (squirtle, greninja half)
Grass I (ivysaur half)
Poison i (ivysaur half)
Fire II (incinceroar half, charizard half)
Flying I (charizard)
Dark (greninja half, incineroar half)
Steel I (lucario half)
FightingI (lucario half)

That's twelve, or 2/3 of all types. The ones that are not in smash:
-bug
-dragon
-ghost
-ground
-ice
-rock
So let's add Garchomp is what you're getting at? Also, while type wise, Ivysaur is half Poison, I don't think any of its moves properly utilize that type.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Most Wanted ARMS character: Anyone at this point.

Least Wanted ARMS character: I dunno who I like the least.

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
Most Wanted ARMS character: Max Brass
Least wanted ARMS character: Don't really have one to be honest, I really like the cast of ARMS.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So since we're almost there(hopefully at least) anyone up for a game of most and least wanted characters from ARMS? I'll go:

Most Wanted - Helix
Least Wanted - Mechanica
Most Wanted - Min Min
Least Wanted - Ninjara

I'm just not keen on his design and hate fighting against him in ARMS.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Man... I dont know about top characters.
I have to divide it up;

New Nintendo Franchises:
- LIP, panel de pon
- CHIBI ROBO, chibi robo
- ALICE, balloon fighter
- ISAAC, golden sun
-EXCITE BIKER, excite bike

EXISTING NINTENDO FRANCHISES:
- Dixie Kong (donkey kong)
- DK JR (donkey kong)
- Paper Mario (paper mario)
- Captain Toad (mario)
- Team Rocket/Meowth (pokemon)
- Eevee (pokemon)

Third Parties get crazy...

anyone wanna make my Nintendo franchise one? I'll put it in my sign for sure.
Good thing I have nothing better to do with my time or you'd be out of luck.

My fighters pass vol 2 wish list.png

Most Wanted - Helix
Least Wanted - Mechanica
I'm not really fussed who gets in but if Byte and Barq joined, it'd be kind of cool.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Most Wanted - Helix
Least Wanted - Mechanica
Most Wanted- Lola Pop (Min Min a close second)
Least Wanted- Ninjara (Getting a bit tired of Ninjas honestly)

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787

Most Wanted - Helix
Least Wanted - Mechanica
Most Wanted - Min Min
Least Wanted - Honestly, I’d be fine with just about anyone, but for the purpose of this game I’ll just say Spring Man/Springtron.

Though again, if either of them gets in I wouldn’t mind that much.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Most Wanted - Helix
Least Wanted - Mechanica
Most wanted: Min Min

Least wanted: ARMS 2 promotional schlock. Though if that doesn't count, uhhhhhh.... Misango, he's just a bit forgettable in my opinion

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
But the nature of Smash speculation is that everything is a hint!
That reminds me when I thought the random stuff on Sakurai's shelf was hinting at Banjo & Kazooie. Who would of thought that this fan hint would have coincidentally paid off? :4pacman:

Holy **** its Banjo.png

SKX31

Smash Master
Happy 3rd anniversary ARMS!

Wait..............
I take it back. The PS5 reveal doesn't compare to this. Nintendo wins.

Most Wanted - Helix
Least Wanted - Mechanica
Most Wanted - Dr. Coyle
Least Wanted - ARMS 2 Newcomer. Hoo boy, that would send the wrong signals re: first party DLC choices. (If that doesn't count, I guess Springtron?)

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Most wanted is Min Min, with least wanted being Spring Man. It's not that I hate Spring Man or anything though, it's just that I think he'd be one of the least interesting picks to me.

Last edited:

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
Jump Rope Bunny looks like such a simple game I wouldn't be suprised if it was developped very recently so we'd have something to chew on during these dry times.
That was developped very recently, but not for us.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I was fine just wondering if it would be today. Now I have to wait until next week? Now I'm pissed. Dunno why, but I'm pissed.
I can understand why you'd be annoyed. It's been over nine months now since they announced that we'd get more characters beyond the first Fighters Pass, and we still don't know who any of them are, which seems like a bizarre move.

On top of that, Nintendo's been having an extremely lean 2020 - it's understandable given how the Coronavirus impacted things, but it honestly seems like they had nothing planned before that hit aside from Animal Crossing, a remake of Xenoblade, and a Paper Mario game that was hastily announced last month and is coming out next month.

Normally, this month would be E3, when we find out about what they have lined up for the rest of the year, and so far, we've got nothing, so their entire line-up post-July is a gigantic question mark. (we know that Breath of the Wild 2 and Metroid Prime 4 are coming out at some point, but that could be years from now)

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I think that it will be delayed.
In all truth, it's still too soon to say whether or not that scenario is looking likely; I'd say wait and see what happens next week. But yeah, if we hit like, Friday of next week without anything? I wouldn't expect a release for June.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
https://twitter.com/ARMS_Cobutter I would assume that the official arms account is gonna tweet SOMETHING about the anniversary, im not expecting it to be about smash at this point but just something
At most we'll get a cute picture.

I can understand why you'd be annoyed. It's been over nine months now since they announced that we'd get more characters beyond the first Fighters Pass, and we still don't know who any of them are, which seems like a bizarre move.
To be honest, it's mostly just because they said June. It's June and we haven't heard a peep. Frustrated is a better term for it though.

In all truth, it's still too soon to say whether or not that scenario is looking likely; I'd say wait and see what happens next week. But yeah, if we hit like, Friday of next week without anything? I wouldn't expect a release for June.
If they wait until June 26 or later to announce the delay, then I'll actually be pissed.

But yay for Pokémon news, I guess!
Oh boy! Can't wait for them to recap everything we already know about Isle of Armour, say absolutely nothing new or interesting about Frozen Tundra, and then end stream.

EDIT: ...It appears I'm a bit sour. Still what I expect them to do though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom