• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Elma? Rex?

Now it's KOS-MOS Time!

Anyways if you guy dislike Rex, then what about the legendary hero of Torna Addam Origo. Don't forget him.
Unfortunately he's a backstory only character unless you buy the DLC so even a lot of people who played Xenoblade Chronicles 2 would be like "why would you want him?".

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Actually, Xenoblade Chronicles X did explain its mechanics.

Problem: It was done by a random NPC who word barfs it at you and eventually says something else, which means you won't get the point of Overdrive and won't be able to go back and learn once you actually start to need it assuming you even know who tells you how it works.

It's been a while since I've played, but knowing how they handled Overdrive, they probably word-vomited what the stats did as well instead of adding tool tips like...well really all RPGs should do this since it's a very non-intrusive way of conveying info about something so important. Why is Fire Emblem: Three Houses the only one in recent memory that actually does this?

EDIT: What I mean to say is, the game explains things, just really poorly. I'd say Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is a little better in that regard (unless Blade summoning isn't actually supposed to be random. Then they screwed up big time.), but even then they had an entire fight to explain [SPOILER MECHANIC] and I still didn't get it.

Also I just realized that awakening Rare Blades with Rex is a bad thing since he can use them anyway; It just stops other characters from using them.
It sucks because the first game had a Tutorial segment in the menu in which the cast explained how they work if you wanted to play them. If I want to remember how **** works in XCX I'm out of luck and XC2 has the nerve to ask for ingame money to get a reminder last I checked.

Blade summoning being random is so fun especially if you never got an Electric Blade and the game demands you use an Electric Blade in the lategame by locking off story progression behind it

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Blade summoning being random is so fun especially if you never got an Electric Blade and the game demands you use an Electric Blade in the lategame by locking off story progression behind it
I don't remember that. Do you not have Zeke yet?

EDIT: Or does Pandoria not have the right skill for some reason?
EDIT EDIT: Oh wait! I think I know what you're talking about. It was that stake out thing right?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't remember that. Do you not have Zeke yet?

EDIT: Or does Pandoria not have the right skill for some reason?
EDIT EDIT: Oh wait! I think I know what you're talking about. It was that stake out thing right?
I'm talking about the gate in chapter 9 in which you NEED RNG to have worked in your favour to have Electric Blades for mastery to progress, otherwise, go grind for cores you ****ing idiot, how dare you not have gotten this thing that relied solely on RNG you ****ing buffoon, go waste your time, we already have your money lmao.

Anyway Elma over Rex any day of the millenium, XBX is pretty oof at times but at least it's closer to XB1 than 2 was

SnowClaws

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately he's a backstory only character unless you buy the DLC so even a lot of people who played Xenoblade Chronicles 2 would be like "why would you want him?".
Actually, the DLC was also released as a standalone title, so people could playing that game DLC first before Xenoblade Chronicles 2. People would be thinking that Addam or Lora is the main character not a backstory character.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Actually, I had a thought.

Suppose the ARMS character gets a full-blown trailer. What are the chances that #2 will be revealed alongside them in the same one?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Suppose the ARMS character gets a full-blown trailer. What are the chances that #2 will be revealed alongside them in the same one?
50/50 for me

Could easily happen but isn't 100% guaranteed

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I personally think both XCX and XC2 improved a lot of things that XC introduced and that XC is a tad overrated.

XC wins on plot though, I'll give it that.

SnowClaws

Smash Apprentice

Even if #2 is revealed alongside with a ARMS character, they will both be overshadowed by the Mii Costume(s).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Even if #2 is revealed was alongside with a ARMS character, they will both be overshadowed by the Mii Costume(s).
You joke, but if they revealed an Alex Kidd or Billy Hatcher Mii costume my hype would be almost as high as when the DQ8 Hero got revealed.

Not to say the Arms rep or whoever Fighter 7 turns out to be will be boring doh, I expect myself to find them exciting.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I'm talking about the gate in chapter 9 in which you NEED RNG to have worked in your favour to have Electric Blades for mastery to progress, otherwise, go grind for cores you ****ing idiot, how dare you not have gotten this thing that relied solely on RNG you ****ing buffoon, go waste your time, we already have your money lmao.

Anyway Elma over Rex any day of the millenium, XBX is pretty oof at times but at least it's closer to XB1 than 2 was
I looked it up, and I haven't gotten there yet (probably still on chapter 8). I was going to say you will have an electric Blade in Pandoria by that point, but apparently they want Electric Mastery level 5, and Pandoria can only get level 2 before endgame. You should have a bunch of electric common Blades, but since there's a nonzero chance that you won't, and blade shuffling is super annoying, it's still really bad design.

I personally think both XCX and XC2 improved a lot of things that XC introduced and that XC is a tad overrated.

Near as I can tell they're much different experiences.

.5%. This is being generous, and assuming the ARMS character has no other characters as alternate costumes. They could bookend the presentation with trailers, but I doubt the next two characters will share one.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Near as I can tell they're much different experiences.
They're all very different games and for the record, I love all three for different reasons.

But I love XCX's open world and I love XC2's sidequests. XC1's world was amazing in some areas and... less so in others. I don't even want to talk about Xenoblade 1's sidequests.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

In the same trailer? Like a Brawl E3 or Kencineroar? Like, 0.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think its very likely to have the ARMS character trailer and showcase AND THEN another character reveal (they gotta do something soon).

The only way I can see an ARMS characters AND another character revealed in the same trailer would be if the character is Heihachi and they're going for a fighting game theme.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I just had a thought. What if we had a Valak Mountain stage with Xenoblade Chronicles's ice physics?

I was going to go on about how hilariously bad of an idea this would be but it'd probably still be better than Gaur Plain...
Dash --> Jump --> Suicide Sky KO

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Well, me personally, at the very least I was able to complete XC1 just as a rather casual fan and enjoyed the majority of it with the only downside being the environments on Mechonis. I enjoyed all of what I played of XCX but it’s just one of those games I play for a while, drop, then come back to. I don’t like XC2 at all. I got to the point where gramps turns into a baby and that first open area and the combat was just irritating to the point that I haven’t touched it since. Did not find XC2 enjoyable at all.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I find it funny that whenever Xenoblade pops up, someone manages to start another "okay but is XC2 a good xenoblade" debate every single time.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don’t like XC2 at all. I got to the point where gramps turns into a baby and that first open area and the combat was just irritating to the point that I haven’t touched it since.
That's a common criticism.

XC2's combat gets more deep the more you play it as they add new mechanics throughout the game. It's definitely one of those slow burn games and that isn't for everyone.

I personally enjoyed it a lot, but I'm also the weird guy who doesn't like Animal Crossing so...

I find it funny that whenever Xenoblade pops up, someone manages to start another "okay but is XC2 a good xenoblade" debate every single time.
It's because a handful people **** talk it all the time here. Fans naturally come out to defend it because it ultimately is a popular well liked game.

That combined with the fact that this thread is really petty and can't seem to agree to disagree... it happens a lot.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
That's a common criticism.

XC2's combat gets more deep the more you play it as they add new mechanics throughout the game. It's definitely one of those slow burn games and that isn't for everyone.

I personally enjoyed it a lot, but I'm also the weird guy who doesn't like Animal Crossing so...
I don’t really understand the general appeal of AC either tbh. I mean I’ve only played the GCN version but back then I didn’t find it very fun to go to my town to pull-up weeds every day but I’m sure it’s gotten more complex but, eh, I don’t have a super huge drive to play it.

It is a very pretty and very cute game though. Which is why I think a lot of people stick with it for years and years.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don’t really understand the general appeal of AC either tbh. I mean I’ve only played the GCN version but back then I didn’t find it very fun to go to my town to pull-up weeds every day but I’m sure it’s gotten more complex but, eh, I don’t have a super huge drive to play it.

It is a very pretty and very cute game though. Which is why I think a lot of people stick with it for years and years.
I definitely see the appeal, and I love the cute and charming characters, but its a boring gameplay loop imo.

Tomodacchi Life is close to that too but at least I'm laughing at the absurdity in that one.

I guess I'm just not a huge fan of life sim games. Sims never caught my attention either. I'd much rather play Zoo or Roller Coaster Tycoon if I want to do something a tad more mundane.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

While I’m not to that extent, and I love AC and its characters (Tom Nook for Smash!), it does get boring after sometime, to the point where you just get on for some basic daily stuff like talk to all the villagers and dig up fossils and stuff, and then you just stop doing even that so you can focus more on other games.

Though New Horizons did last me almost two whole months before I started feeling that way...I don’t remember how long New Leaf and Wild World lasted for me...I guess it’s just meant for short bursts and/or I played too many days *shrug*

Now I want an Animal Crossing RPG or action adventure or something;

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr

Same, except I have played the DS one for about one year and payed Tom Nook's debt completely. Then, I have tried to complete the museum and do all the side stuff, but when I realized that it was almost impossible I just gave up.

When I played it, I can't say I had fun with it... it was just some weird daily routine, nothing more.

It's cute, relaxing and all, but I think it's also pointless, and it's one of the few game series that I can say I don't like, along with Pokèmon, for similar reasons.
I understand that maybe some categories of players with different tastes enjoy the fact that the game is relaxing and allows you to customize your home and village... it's just not interesting enough for me, and the fact that it uses the real world time can be annoying at times and get in the way of real life problems (there are some events, fishes/insects and npcs that happen or show only during some specific days, at some specific hours and sometimes even in some specific times of the year).
Speaking of cute and relaxing games, I have enjoyed the Chao Gardens in the Sonic Adventure games, for some reasons they were more appealing to me.

The fact that I don't like the gameplay doesn't mean I dislike the characters though... in fact I'd like Tom Nook and/or K.K. Slider as a fighter in Smash.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm not trying to beat you over the head in submission of third parties, I'm just saying I don't really think "I grew up with Nintendo consoles only" is as meaningful explanation of your biases as you seem to think it is. That's what I tried to illustrate with my own history with Nintendo as sort of counter example that growing up with JUST Nintendo doesn't actually limit your pallet that much unless you genuinely only ever had a Wii U (that's the only console that genuinely suffered from a lack of titles TBH). And like being entrenched with Nintendo culture as a kid was never just truly Nintendo culture, but the history of gaming as a whole too because it was one and the same for a while.

And I also wanted to point out that the more deeply you go into Nintendo characters, the less you appeal to the audience of nearly 20 million and the less room you create for expansion. Our personal preferences for Smash may be subjective, but to Nintendo, those who vote with their wallets on their preferences is objective data for them. So, while a minority opinion may be valid in a subjective analysis, the far too often unfortunate reality of capitalism for a big corporation dictates a slightly different reality. I can't say your opinion of Smash is wrong, but Nintendo will judge upon character inclusions for how additions benefit them and their goals first and foremost, and that's how you end up with Smash focusing more on third parties and more on specifically characters above all else (modes and other content that requires increasing amounts of effort is sidelined in favor of characters). Now, Nintendo isn't completely heartless and they recognize the value of appealing to fans and different demographics from time to time, but they're still a business first and foremost. Your subjective opinion of Smash is fine, but it leans towards being bad for business given where Smash is currently in regards to the first party content they've already thrown every which way. That's how this whole situation becomes more complicated than just subjective opinions of the content on display, we're actually discussing the continued development of an ongoing title being sold to customers by a multinational company. Sales data and media coverage become objective measurements of subjective opinions because of the way our real world systems function. Like I said, it's just more complicated than our singular disagreement on the vision for Smash.

I don't think you hate all third parties and I never said that for reference, nor do I think I'm being attacked for advocating for new franchises and third parties either for the record. Nor do I exclusively support third parties myself, but I do overwhelmingly support new franchises due to what they bring to the game and how I think expanding the crossover stands to benefit tons of fans and overall actually be the most inclusive route for Smash as it brings in new fandoms and new series for people to recognize (which is something I've frequently seen people who are first party focused highlight as a positive of Smash too, so I don't my goals differ THAT much from those). I recognize not everyone will share that opinion, nor do I expect them to. But I also will admit to just not understanding what makes people look at third parties so differently. Maybe I'm too entrenched in gaming as a whole at this point, but I just clearly do not share the same worldview on them and don't see the same party lines other see TBH.

I kind of had to stretch for the 4, but they would be Joker (Persona only has 2 spinoff games on Nintendo consoles), Terry (He's appeared a lot on Nintendo, but since he's the face of a company that once competed with Nintendo, I decided to count him just barely), Snake (A very bad NES version of the original MSX Metal Gear, The Twin Snakes remake of MGS1, and Snake Eater 3D is really all he has), and then on the most technical of technicalities Richter (Since Simon is already there, Richter himself doesn't really hold up ALL of Castlevania and is primarily known the for Turbographx 16 Rondo of Blood and PS1's Symphony of the Night). I didn't include Cloud because he specifically brings Final Fantasy with him and that's been a massive brand for Nintendo before and after the infamous Square split.
Thing is, you're trying to explain why it makes more sense to support third-parties by asking, "What would cater to more people?" and, "What would make Nintendo the most money?"

This isn't an issue of logic. It's an issue of "What do I personally want most?". My desire for more first-parties isn't based off of what I think other people want or what Nintendo believes would net them the most cash (And I don't necessarily believe third-parties turn up a higher profit for Nintendo when they're likely splitting the sales, but that's not the point of this discussion). If that's how I went about finding characters to support, I'd probably be pushing for someone like Master Chief instead of Pokemon #11.

What people need to understand is that all of this is based off of me and my own experiences, not the experiences of others. I know what I like, and while I have enjoyed quite a few third-party games in my lifetime, a lot of my best memories just so happen to be from first-party games like Mario, Zelda, Kirby, and other Nintendo staples. That's actually a large part of the reason why I got into Smash to begin with. I don't mind a few third-parties here and there, but historically, I've been more excited about the first-parties. Even now, ARMS getting a character is more exciting than most of what we got in the first pass. Is it weird to feel that way? Maybe, but weird or not, it's just as valid as any other opinion.

Koopaul

Smash Champion

The first Fighters Pass had all characters revealed in Directs or special events. But since Nintendo is not doing any Directs for a while I think its quite plausible that Sakurai will show off a new fighter in his ARMS presentation instead.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I saw the conversation of the “gaming crossover” brought up again, and there’s a key flaw in the idea that Nintendo “allowed Sakurai to pick Simon Belmont”.

What, are we to believe that Nintendo actively cringes at 3rd party characters when we now have over 10? Then Sakurai says, “Nintendo chose the DLC”, and they picked 4 3rd party characters, but they didn’t want to? What?

It’s a gaming crossover that is also a Nintendo crossover, it’s a Nintendo crossover that is also a gaming crossover.

Related, but as always I think it’s two different discussions of what makes sense for DLC and what we all personally want. Neither is necessarily wrong to talk about, but there are certain ways in which both conversations don’t mesh well.

There was another point I was going to make, but oof, I forgot.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think its very likely to have the ARMS character trailer and showcase AND THEN another character reveal (they gotta do something soon).

The only way I can see an ARMS characters AND another character revealed in the same trailer would be if the character is Heihachi and they're going for a fighting game theme.
Or Rayman which fits with the ARMS rep.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
If people want to hope for more first-party characters as DLC, they should hope that there is enough overwhelming fan demand for several of them that catches Nintendo’s attention. That is how they can still be attractive from a business perspective as DLC.
Well at this point it doesn't really matter anymore, neither for first party or third party characters, because the fighters were already chosen.
I mean, of course people can still support their most wanted on Twitter if they want, but technically it won't change anything.

I have to wonder when Nintendo will drop the ARMS news if they aren’t doing a “traditional” E3 type of Direct.

If it doesn’t have to be around the normal E3 week, we could actually get a stream at any time.
Mid June sounds like a safe bet. I guess they could try to release the character the same day as ARMS anniversary, which would be cool.

About FP7 being announced or not... I think it depends in which format they will choose to announce the ARMS character. If we get another Sakurai presentation, just like happened with the 4 previous fighters, then I don't think we will get FP7. If instead of that we get a Smash Direct for some reason, then I'd expect FP7 to be there.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I saw the conversation of the “gaming crossover” brought up again, and there’s a key flaw in the idea that Nintendo “allowed Sakurai to pick Simon Belmont”.

What, are we to believe that Nintendo actively cringes at 3rd party characters when we now have over 10? Then Sakurai says, “Nintendo chose the DLC, and they picked 4 3rd party characters, but they didn’t want to? What?
Well, there are a lot of misinformation going around about character selections in general. Just today, I saw someone claiming that Nintendo forced Sakurai to add Byleth and some base game characters without any proof. I guess some people can't handle their biases not matching up with reality so you get a lot of conspiracy theories over video game characters.

Staarih

Smash Master
How did I not realize it’s ARMS’ third anniversary next month, conveniently when the Smash character is said to be released.

Obviously we’re getting Octoling in July and Rex in December then.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
How did I not realize it’s ARMS’ third anniversary next month, conveniently when the Smash character is said to be released.

That gives me a thought; what if we DO get an FP7 reveal, and it comes out on the same day as the ARMS character, if not a month or two later (assuming said ARMS character was supposed to be released in March or April, but got delayed due to COVID-19)?

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Which of the two do you guys think is more likely?

ARMS rep revealed on June 11th and released on June 16th?

or

ARMS rep revealed and released on June 16th?

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

In that case, Sgt. Cortez is all but confirmed to be the second fighter of this pass as it is TimeSplitter's 20th anniversary on October 23rd.

Time to Split!

Yo we splittin over here.gif

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
there, you said it yourself. a year and a half has passed, things are bound to have changed since then. and they were referring to a direct port. what if it's a total overhaul from the ground up a la Xenoblade DE? there is some cut concepts that show in the vanilla game (Neilnail Furvus, the unused Celica and Lao banter) that they could incorporate in a... Director's Cut, let's put it like that. plus I don't see 2 promoted so much anymore, where as they're promoting ARMS (and Splatoon 2) heavily out of nowhere.

as for KOS-MOS, she's Xenosaga, not Xenoblade, so I count her separate from Elma. i kinda see her more as a general Namco rep overall too

as for the TWEWY site going down, there is context. it has happened before, shortly before Final Remix was either announced or released, i don't remember which but it was one of those two reasons.
Yeah but why would they completely overhaul a Wii U game? I never had the chance to play X but a definitive edition would have to entail the same degree of changes that XDE got which would probably suggest graphical updates too. The original definitely did as it looked bad in some instances but that isn't really the case with X. They may as well just do a direct port which I don't think would have started development till at least 2019.

I kinda doubt Kosmos overall. I was really puzzled when people were pencilling her in as fighter 5. Wasn't it also confirmed that they didn't even think a remaster was profitable? In that case I think Bamco would probably just get them to pick another character but even then I have a hard time seeing Nintendo picking her at all. The only way I see it happening is if Sakurai was picking the DLC and he was a superfan of Xenosaga but Ninty is picking so...

The context you speak of is related to something which isn't to any degree similar to Smash though. That was a port which isn't the same as a third party going to ask to put you in a crossover fighting game. The port had SE at the helm of it. I still can't see why Nintendo or even Square would pick them through. They have juggernauts like Lara Croft, Chrono if they want to go there and tonnes of others but they go with... Neku. The only reason I can see it is for the port but that could be a reason to add any character.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
While normally the Director idea of the game defines it, Smash is kind of weird as a crossover. Sakurai can say it's a celebration of gaming but Nintendo is the one who controls the purse strings and, consequently, who gets in. Nintendo, with the main roster, was willing to let Sakurai have one guest character (Simon) where they clearly let him go crazier for the DLC. As @Garteam noted, it could easily just be a marketing gimmick.

And that's why I brought up the question. If Smash doesn't fulfill this "Celebration of Gaming" that people expect, how will they react. A lot of it is really based on what Nintendo wants. Nintendo was clearly fine ending Vol 1 with Byleth and starting Vol 2 with ARMS. I don't beleive people thing of "ARMS" and "another FE character" when you say "Celebration of Gaming." If the next picks aren't hype and are more Nintendo characters, would people be upset by that?

Since this is sort of related.....
One the question of the character after ARMS being a big character, the question would be why would they have not done that first? With Joker, they announced him 4 months before release, so it probably wasn't an issue starting with a big character even with delays. This is why I said in my post that there could be more Nintendo characters in Volume 2. It could even be the majority. It's more of a possibility than it was at the end of 2019. There is still hype characters they could add (namely Waluigi) but I don't think it would be Master Chief or Lara levels.

I think it's a fair point, My thought in writing the original post was more on what would people think rather than defining what Smash is. I say "Nintendo and Friends" because Nintendo isn't against adding other characters but there is a limit to what they'll allow. There was more Nintendo characters in Ultimate's base game than the DLC and the last two DLC characters are Nintendo so it may be the context of when they add these characters. My post was really focused on people's response. I don't think Max is alone in that people put Ultimate on this pedestal because it is Video Game All-Stars. If that doesn't happen in Vol 2 for whatever reason, what will these fans who have bought into this idea think.

I guess to expound of the last point: Nintendo fans can get invested in Smash because even with a lot of the guest characters, most of it is Nintendo. So if they add some doopy characters, it's not a big deal if they hit the highlights. But the group that see Smash as video game All-stars may not have the same relation with Nintendo and may have been brought into the fold with Nintendo adding more guest characters. With Smash Ultimate's DLC, it seemed like that was the case. But when the rug is pulled out, it's just a few guest characters and a bunch of Nintendo stuff. If you're not invested in the Nintendo stuff and they don't add the guest stuff you wanted, then where does that leave you?
Well, of course Nintendo is going to call it a celebration of gaming.
And have it focus on their games.
That's just marketing 101. "These are some of the best characters in gaming." Of course I'm going to overload it with my own creations if I say that, I want the public to know that, while I respect the other characters and companies, I am still saying, my characters and my company are overall some of the best.

Nintendo benefits by adding third party characters, because it's saying, "look, we are the elite. We can prove it- we have some of the most other elite gaming characters here too."
Nintendo calling this a celebration of gaming was genius. Not only because they can get away with it in this game, but because it cements them as the curators and creators, the pioneers, of the genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom