• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
BrawlFan1 released another potential moveset today.
This time is Scorpion.

Personally I'm okay with this moveset. It feels like an expansion on Ryu & Ken's mechanics (without going overboard), but fused with Terry's quirks.
You've been:ultgreninja:'d. :p

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
- Dixie Kong: fighter_kind_monkey
- Sora: fighter_kind_key
- Phoenix Wright: fighter_kind_attorney
- Chun-Li: fighter_kind_warrior
- Lloyd: fighter_kind_blade
- Yuri: fighter_kind_brave
- Impa: fighter_kind_ninja
- Lip: fighter_kind_fairy
- Isaac: fighter_kind_sun
- Krystal: fighter_kind_vixen
- Reimu: fighter_kind_shrine
- Octoling: fighter_kind_octopus
Brave was for Hero tho

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Do the base game fighters not use codenames? Or I guess more importantly, is fox listed with his English name? If so than yeah, you couldn't name her fox as a codename since you'd overwrite Fox's data if it worked at all.
He would be listed as Fox, as he's still called that in Japanese.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
- Dixie Kong: fighter_kind_monkey
- Sora: fighter_kind_key
- Phoenix Wright: fighter_kind_attorney
- Chun-Li: fighter_kind_warrior
- Lloyd: fighter_kind_blade
- Yuri: fighter_kind_vigilante
- Impa: fighter_kind_ninja
- Lip: fighter_kind_fairy
- Isaac: fighter_kind_sun
- Krystal: fighter_kind_vixen
- Reimu: fighter_kind_shrine
- Octoling: fighter_kind_octopus
A lot of these are too obvious. If any of this got datamined, then people would automatically know that we were getting Dixie, Sora, Phoenix, Lip, Isaac, and Octoling.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I made a little list ranking every fighter and series by video game genres and i wanted to hear you guys's opinion on it :

View attachment 272434

So, what new genre do you think would be interesting to add ? Is there a particular genre already in smash that you feel is badly repped ?
That's great art for the characters, where's it from? Also, I like how strategy has all the FE characters and then Olimar and Alph sticking out like sore thumbs at the end.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I would also make his alternate costumes referencing the other MK male ninjas.

Yellow (Scorpion) - Blue (Sub-Zero) - Green (Reptile) - Grey (Smoke) - Red (Ermac) - Black (Noob Saibot) - Purple (Rain) - Brown/Rainbow (Tremor/Chameleon).
I actually think the best way to represent the other ninjas would be to represent the variations system, and how Triborg turned the three palette-swap cyborgs into variations for one character.

Scorpion/Sub-Zero/Reptile would have the same normals, but their own special moves/names/idle/entrance/taunt/victory animations and fatalities if somehow implemented. Not exactly echo fighters because of their completely different specials, not exactly PT because the trio is less different and you can't switch mid-game.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Can you believe it I was about to suggest the possibility of Scorpion having the Bowser Jr. treatment until I realized the other MK ninjas have widely different abilities. :lol:

Scorpion (Fire), Sub-Zero (Ice), Reptile (Acid and invisibly), Smoke (Smoke manipulation), Ermac (Telekinesis), Rain (Water), Noob Saibot (Dark manipulation), Tremor (Genkinesis)/Chameleon (Power Replication).

Thank god I caught myself.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Do you have better suggestions, then?
Oh, Let me try it out.

- Dixie Kong: fighter_kind_beret
- Sora: fighter_kind_trio
- Phoenix Wright: fighter_kind_spiky
- Lip: fighter_kind_flower
- Isaac: fighter_kind_move
- Octoling: fighter_kind_agent

Kunio! Kunio! Kunio!
Who do you think I was talking about? Axel is an anagram for Alex.

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Sure, if you want.
Dixie Kong: fighter_kind_tail since she’s known for her ponytail, aka her actual tail
Sora: fighter_kind_sky. His name’s literal meaning. I don’t think it’d be too easy to guess and those who did would probably be told they’re reaching.
Phoenix: both nick and naru would work. Nick would be slightly more obvious. Naru is from his japanese last name.
Lip: fighter_kind_attack might be obvious, but I think it would trick some people since the word isn’t really associated with a fairy character
Isaac: Can’t say, I don’t really know anything about him
Octoling: eight would work but it’s way too obvious. And now i’ve been thinking about it for a little too long and have got nothing. Maybe deadfish? This one is tough.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Welp, last predictions for this pass assuming no bundled echoes and no individual DLC

FP6: Min Min
Costumes: Arle (F for her fans), Ori (Premium Brawler with an edit of Light Of Nibel), Monster Hunter costume returns from 4

FP7: Neku Sakuraba (JP TWEWY site STILL down to this day. If Glitch Theory is to be trusted and Bayonetta is Min Min's base, Ness could be Neku's base or at least have Neku borrow some assets from Ness)
Costumes: Chocobo hat returns from 4. TWO Premium costumes - Geno (upgraded to include Beware the Forest's Mushrooms) and Sephiroth (One Winged Angel)

FP8: Octoling (NOT an Inkling Echo. Uses different weapons from Inkling. Keeping in mind Splatoon 2 being included as a tourney prize, the SAVE OUR SALMONS thing, rerunning Splatfest, and re-releasing amiibo makes me think Splatoon 3 isn't happening any time soon. Rather, they're gonna give more spotlight to 2 cause it still has plans yet. Comes with MC. Princess Diaries and Octo Expansion music)
Costumes: Monokuma (Premium Brawler with a Danganronpa Medley song), Knight from Hollow Knight (Premium Swordfighter. Any HK song of your choice idc)

FP9: Elma (announced in December, releases early 2021, to coincide with the announcement of Xenoblade Chronicles X Definitive Edition, also coming out 2021)
Costumes: Gunvolt (Premium Gunner, comes with Eternal Blue), Doom Slayer (comes w/original DOOM remix), Lora (regular Brawler)

FP10: either Crash Bandicoot or Rayman
Costumes: Ryu Hayabusa (Swordfighter, no music)

FP11: KOS-MOS (stick the character the mainstream will care about least at the end. Also that Bandai Namco gets their last hurrah with a new fighter)
Costumes: Heihachi, Lloyd and Gil all return from 4. New costumes: Nightmare (Premium Swordfighter, some Soul Calibur song idk), Solaire (regular swordfighter), Klonoa (hat)

Last edited:

4ZURE

Smash Cadet
Welp, last predictions for this pass assuming no bundled echoes and no individual DLC

Costumes: Arle (F for her fans), Ori (Premium Brawler with an edit of Light Of Nibel), Monster Hunter costume returns from 4

FP7: Neku Sakuraba (JP TWEWY site STILL down to this day. If Glitch Theory is to be trusted and Bayonetta is Min Min's base, Ness could be Neku's base or at least have Neku borrow some assets from Ness)
Costumes: Chocobo hat returns from 4. TWO Premium costumes - Geno (upgraded to include Beware the Forest's Mushrooms) and Sephiroth (One Winged Angel)

FP8: Octoling (NOT an Inkling Echo. Uses different weapons from Inkling. Keeping in mind Splatoon 2 being included as a tourney prize, the SAVE OUR SALMONS thing, rerunning Splatfest, and re-releasing amiibo makes me think Splatoon 3 isn't happening any time soon. Rather, they're gonna give more spotlight to 2 cause it still has plans yet. Comes with MC. Princess Diaries and Octo Expansion music)
Costumes: Monokuma (Premium Brawler with a Danganronpa Medley song), Knight from Hollow Knight (Premium Swordfighter. Any HK song of your choice idc)

FP9: Elma (announced in December, releases early 2021, to coincide with the announcement of Xenoblade Chronicles X Definitive Edition, also coming out 2021)
Costumes: Gunvolt (Premium Gunner, comes with Eternal Blue), Doom Slayer (comes w/original DOOM remix), Lora (regular Brawler)

Costumes: idk lmao

FP11: KOS-MOS (stick the character the mainstream will care about least at the end. Also that Bandai Namco gets their last hurrah with a new fighter)
Costumes: Heihachi, Lloyd and Gil all return from 4. New costumes: Nightmare (Premium Swordfighter, some Soul Calibur song idk), Solaire (regular swordfighter), Klonoa (hat)
Are these predictions or a leak, because I honestly wouldn’t mind this?

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Let's see, Rock could work for Dixie, because of her guitar.

Sora there's a lot you can do, I'd go with something Disney-related like Mouse or Princess that would make sense yet still be only vaguely related.

I'd use Think as a reference to Phoenix, you know, the Thinker statue.

I like the idea of using Attack for Lip but I don't know if the Japanese devs would be familiar with the Tetris Attack name, so maybe Magic? Generic, for sure, but it still fits. Or, since I'm on a Disney role, Tinker, as a reference to her being a fairy (hey, it's no more of a stretch than Doyle for Arsene).

Isaac is hard because you know people are going to be looking for anything related to him. Maybe Wise, to reference the Wise One. Or just Planet, as the Adepts are named in reference to alchemical symbols (which are named after planets, which are named after Roman gods, I guess).

Octoling I struggle to think any Splatoon related term that wouldn't be a dead giveaway. Maybe Bond, because of Agent 8? Something like August (the 8th month) or Oxygen (8th in the periodic table) is vague enough, but if the connection is made to the number 8 it's a dead giveaway.

Trevenant

Smash Lord

Costumes: idk lmao

I don't really know how likely 2 xeno characters are but if we get a blade character, I think it's pretty much a given itd be Rex. Yeah we could maybe get an X port (almost certainly not a definitive edition as that game was only from last gen) but that was deemed to be complicated by one of the devs of X in 2018 iirc. With 2 there is profit to be gained which we are at least aware of and is just a lot more relevant. I don't really see how the website being down really means anything as not only is that solely restricted to Japan but Smash would have no real reason to be a cause. I also have other problems with Neku as he is competing with other SE characters as I don't think it's likely that they or Nintendo would pick them specifically.

I dunno, saying the website take down means something would be like me saying that as Doom Eternal was delayed for switch, it means it related to doom guy in smash. Yeah it could be considered suspicious but it inevitably won't but even if it was, it will have nothing to do with Smash.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Speaking of codenames, Let’s play a thread game.

It’s simple: Come up with codenames for your most wanted characters.
I’l start:
-Bandana Waddle Dee: fighter_kind_friend
-Waluigi: fighter_kind_cheater
-Tom Nook: fighter_kind_businessman
-Dr. Eggman: fighter_kind_mech
-Steve: fighter_kind_builder
-Chell: fighter_kind_science
In no particular order.

-Mach Rider: fighter_kind_motor
-Rayman (Rayman): fighter_kind_jimmy
-Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden): fighter_kind_shadow
-Kraid (Metroid): fighter_kind_behemoth
-Adeleine (Kirby): fighter_kind_palette
-Sylux (Metroid): fighter_kind_predator
-Juggernaut (Dota 2): fighter_kind_legacy
-Jason Frudnick (Blaster Master): fighter_kind_wisdom
-Serious Sam: fighter_kind_bomb
-Gordon Freeman (Half-Life): fighter_kind_bar
-Soldier (Team Fortress 2): fighter_kind_eagle

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I don't really know how likely 2 xeno characters are but if we get a blade character, I think it's pretty much a given itd be Rex. Yeah we could maybe get an X port (almost certainly not a definitive edition as that game was only from last gen) but that was deemed to be complicated by one of the devs of X in 2018 iirc. With 2 there is profit to be gained which we are at least aware of and is just a lot more relevant. I don't really see how the website being down really means anything as not only is that solely restricted to Japan but Smash would have no real reason to be a cause. I also have other problems with Neku as he is competing with other SE characters as I don't think it's likely that they or Nintendo would pick them specifically.

I dunno, saying the website take down means something would be like me saying that as Doom Eternal was delayed for switch, it means it related to doom guy in smash. Yeah it could be considered suspicious but it inevitably won't but even if it was, it will have nothing to do with Smash.
deemed to be complicated by one of the devs of X in 2018 iirc
there, you said it yourself. a year and a half has passed, things are bound to have changed since then. and they were referring to a direct port. what if it's a total overhaul from the ground up a la Xenoblade DE? there is some cut concepts that show in the vanilla game (Neilnail Furvus, the unused Celica and Lao banter) that they could incorporate in a... Director's Cut, let's put it like that. plus I don't see 2 promoted so much anymore, where as they're promoting ARMS (and Splatoon 2) heavily out of nowhere.

as for KOS-MOS, she's Xenosaga, not Xenoblade, so I count her separate from Elma. i kinda see her more as a general Namco rep overall too

as for the TWEWY site going down, there is context. it has happened before, shortly before Final Remix was either announced or released, i don't remember which but it was one of those two reasons.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Speaking of codenames, Let’s play a thread game.

It’s simple: Come up with codenames for your most wanted characters.
I’l start:
-Bandana Waddle Dee: fighter_kind_friend
-Waluigi: fighter_kind_cheater
-Tom Nook: fighter_kind_businessman
-Dr. Eggman: fighter_kind_mech
-Steve: fighter_kind_builder
-Chell: fighter_kind_science
I'm gonna do this as a guessing game. I'm also choosing characters I don't talk about much.

fighter_kind_laughter
fighter_kind_elephant
fighter_kind_felling
fighter_kind_tramp
fighter_kind_fly
Bonus: fighter_kind_balance. This one isn't a video game character.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Luke ****ing Skywalker. I don't care if I'm wrong, I'm right anyway.

(EDIT: Not just posting for meme's sake, guessing that the character's Anakin / Darth Vader instead)

I'm gonna do this as a guessing game. I'm also choosing characters I don't talk about much.

fighter_kind_laughter
fighter_kind_elephant
fighter_kind_felling
fighter_kind_tramp
fighter_kind_fly
Bonus: fighter_kind_balance. This one isn't a video game character.
Is Elephant Shantae by any chance?

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I guess since we're once again posting about potential characters for Vol.2, I'll post my revised predictions here as well.
MyFighterPassPredictionsMay2020.png

1. ARMS Fighter - I'm fully putting my proverbial chips behind the idea that this fighter will be a 4-in-1 deal. The logic behind this is quite simple: this is the first time in Smash history that we've ever had a fighter's franchise revealed before the fighter themselves. If the fighter was only going to be a single character, why not just reveal who that is rather than play this guessing game, especially if that character is just going to be the obvious choices of either Spring Man, Ribbon Girl or Min-Min? I reckon that if there doing something like this, they must have something bigger planned for this ARMS Fighter. I know some people are against the idea of the ARMS Fighter being a 4-in-1 character a la Hero, but I believe it could be really cool. I made a moveset concept for this hypothetical fighter if you'd like to see what I mean. As an aside, if we actually do end up only getting one ARMS character as the fighter, I'm placing my bets on Min-Min.
  2. Geno - Unsuprisingly, this character is still on my list. To keep things rather brief, there's the lack of his Mii Costume after Hero, several rumors and potential leaks surrounding him, Sakurai himself had acknowledged his popularity back during Smash 4, and the fact that so far we've gotten quite a few highly-requested "NEVER EVER" characters already, so it wouldn't be all too suprising to see him get in.
  3. Heihachi - Similarly to Geno, Heihachi's Mii Costume also hasn't returned despite having a perfect opprotunity to happen, that which being alongside Terry due to all of the Mii Costumes from that wave being from fighting games. I think it also helps that he was considered for Smash before during 4's DLC period. Sure, they couldn't work out his playstyle back then which is why they rejected him, but it's not like there haven't been characters that were initially rejected only to make it in later. (:ultvillager::ultvillagerf:, :ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter:, :ultridley:)
  4. Rex, Pyra & Mythra - As things stand now, the ARMS Fighter seems poised to break the "rule" that characters already in the game as Spirits can't later get in as fighters. If this actually ends up being the case, I honestly don't see any reason not to anticipate Rex, Pyra & Mythra getting in. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is huge, and they could've made it in the base game had their game's development not missed the window for inclusion. Now sure, there's the Rex Mii Costume already in the game, but I think that was only added because they had already planned out the first Fighter Pass and couldn't go back and change who they had picked, and that Fighter Pass was initially supposed to have been the only DLC we got for Ultimate, so they figured that costume was the best they could do. Now that that's not the case, I can imagine they wanted to add them in this time around.
  5. Crash Bandicoot - Unlike the other four I've listed, there really isn't a solid reason as to why I think he'll get in aside from my personal want to see him get in. It's be cool to have yet another of gaming's greatest in this game to duke it out with Mario, Sonic, Mega Man and the like.
  6. The Wildcard - You might call this cheating, but I seriously have no idea who the last fighter would be. To me the other 5 I've listed seem like the most likely inclusions, so I have no idea who the 6th could be. Waluigi would be cool simply for the sheer impact his inclusion would have. Steve would be a worthy addition as well given the sheer variety he'd bring to the table. Master Chief isn't a character I personally want to see (in the sense that I don't care for him either way) but I know he'd make a lot of people happy. Other wildcards would include Dante, Sora, an indie character like Shantae or Shovel Knight, Lloyd Irving, Isaac... and I think that's about it.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Luke ****ing Skywalker. I don't care if I'm wrong, I'm right anyway.
Under normal circumstances, you would be wrong, but since you claim to be right, you're right.

it's not anyone from star wars. good guess though.

(EDIT: Not just posting for meme's sake, guessing that the character's Anakin / Darth Vader instead)

Is Elephant Shantae by any chance?
Nope. Elephant is by far the one with the weakest connection to the character

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
If we do get a Xenoblade character, which isn't guaranteed by any means, I can't imagine it being anyone besides Rex or some kind of XC2 rep.

There's very little reason to add another character from the orginal to promote the remake when it already has a character, a stage, several tracks, and several Spirits that promote it just fine. Then there's XCX, which doesn't have nearly as much content as the other two games. I think there's a reason for that. As far as I'm aware, Nintendo hasn't brought it up in a very long time.

Still, XC2 is approaching its third anniversary. Unlike ARMS or Splatoon 2, there doesn't seem to be any incentive to promote it this late. They may not feel an urgency to add Rex when there's likely nothing left planned for XC2.

Gribbo

Smash Apprentice
If we do get a Xenoblade character, which isn't guaranteed by any means, I can't imagine it being anyone besides Rex or some kind of XC2 rep.

There's very little reason to add another character from the orginal to promote the remake when it already has a character, a stage, several tracks, and several Spirits that promote it just fine. Then there's XCX, which doesn't have nearly as much content as the other two games. I think there's a reason for that. As far as I'm aware, Nintendo hasn't brought it up in a very long time.

Still, XC2 is approaching its third anniversary. Unlike ARMS or Splatoon 2, there doesn't seem to be any incentive to promote it this late. They may not feel an urgency to add Rex when there's likely nothing left planned for XC2.
Why does it have to be a promotional thing, anyway? He's a pretty popular request, especially in Japan, that they own the rights to. Other characters like K. Rool had nothing to promote and they still put him in. And while they may not have much interest in promoting Xenoblade 2 specifically, they clearly see the series as a valuable IP considering how much they're hyping up the Switch port of the first game.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
Some of these should be easy, while I can see quite a few of you not getting a certain wrong for sure.

fighter_kind_ dragon

fighter_kind_ blade

fighter_kind_ devil

fighter_kind_investigator

fighter_kind_objection

What if its not just promotional though. Sakurai did state that the sole reason why we didn't get ARMS and a XB2 was due to the game's being too recent to be added during development as they came out long after the characters was decided.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Rex fits into the problem that I mentioned about 1st party and 3rd party characters for DLC.

Well TBH there isn't that much in terms of 1st party that's notable. 99% of Nintendo's all stars are already in. There's a few exclusions left but most of the 1st party characters that could be considered not bottom of the barrel can't exactly supply a pack with a stage, music, and a spirit board. The only feasible way is from a new Nintendo IP or an installment of a series with a playable character already that has no or barely any content represented in Ultimate

But with new 3rd party characters that isn't an issue.
Xenoblade 2 already has several content in the game, including several spirits and music so I just don't see Rex being a character.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Some of these should be easy, while I can see quite a few of you not getting a certain wrong for sure.

fighter_kind_ dragon

fighter_kind_ blade

fighter_kind_ devil

fighter_kind_objection
last one is obviously Phoenix Wright

Devil is probably Heihachi
Blade is... Hayabusa?
no idea on Investigator and Dragon

Rex fits into the problem that I mentioned about 1st party and 3rd party characters for DLC.

Xenoblade 2 already has several content in the game, including several spirits and music so I just don't see Rex being a character.
X has no music or stage though, and several Spirit Board choices, which is why I'm still pushing for Elma despite her being a Spirit, especially if the ARMS character is a Spirit as well and their Spirit Board has all new Spirits.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I would FAR prefer Elma over Rex like a million to one. Rex may be different enough from Shulk to distance himself from him but like, Emma would just bring SOOOOO much more. Dual wielding knife/gun gameplay, a Xenoblade Chronicles X stage, and a bunch of Xenoblade Chronicles X music that is all WILDLY different than any setting or soundtrack that either of the other two games have produced.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Given its brought up. I'd like to ask everyone? Who do you prefer more?

Elma or Rex?

Me, I prefer Elma.

Elma: 3 (Me, Rie and Non)
Rex: 0

So far Elma's in the lead. I'll tally it up once it runs its course of people quoting their opinion.

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887

fighter_kind_ dragon

fighter_kind_ blade

fighter_kind_ devil

fighter_kind_objection
Dragon is obviously Midgardsormr from Dragalia Lost
Blade is Makoto, the protagonist of Fire Emblem Ninja Academy
Devil is the assist trophy
Investigator is Phoenix Wright
And Objection is obviously Judge Dredd. The Objection is a reference to a courtroom, where you’d find a judge. :toonlink:

Elma or Rex?

Me, I prefer Elma.

So far Elma's in the lead. I'll tally it up once it runs its course of people quoting their opinion.
ffs it’s elma. Elma is really cool and Rex is kinda boring. Easy choice

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

Elma or Rex?

Me, I prefer Elma.

I guess I'll chip in and say I'd prefer Elma over Rex. Not particularly crazy about either of them but Elma has guns which are a sorely lacking playstyle in Smash.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514

Elma or Rex?

Me, I prefer Elma.

wtf neither of those are zeke

SKX31

Smash Master
X has no music or stage though, and several Spirit Board choices, which is why I'm still pushing for Elma despite her being a Spirit, especially if the ARMS character is a Spirit as well and their Spirit Board has all new Spirits.
*Checks Spirit levels*

Elma's a three-star, Lin / Lao / Tatsu are one stars, Formula two stars. That's 5 Spirits (Both XC1 and XC2 have 8 Spirits - Mecha-Fiora, Pyra and Mythra got the highest honor of 4 Stars). There is a bit more room in XCX's favor.

I am fully convinced that Sakurai intended Spirits to be a multiplayer option people actually used. Like boosting Shulk further with Lyn's and Mythra's chances to Crit in a casual match. They wouldn't have devoted so much time to .pngs in the November 2018 showcase if it was just a WoL / Spirit Board thing. The problem with Spirits in multiplayer matches are obvious though - so people wound up seeing them as just .pngs.*

Elma or Rex?

Me, I prefer Elma.

Without having played either game: Elma on a purely conceptual level.

*(There's no incentive to replay WoL or get all the Spirits either, beyond possibly getting any missing character unlocks.)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Elma or Rex?

Me, I prefer Elma.

Elma. I haven't played a ton of either game (I have both, but I prefer to focus on one game at a time, and if Xenoblade 1's any indication, the other Xenoblade games are going to be 100+ hour RPGs), but Rex has been kind of boring for me so far, and Elma's playstyle seems like it would be more unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom