• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
So, with this parody, I came up with another game...

Make gaming cinematic universe similar to MCU. It would better if you try to match MCU character counter parts with video game characters.

Master Chief (Because both Ironman and Chief are armor guys)
Donkey Kong (Both Donkey Kong and Hulk are brute type)
Master Chief 2
Kratos (Thor appears at the end of God of War 4, so Kratos can get Mjolnir. And his axe, Leviathan is like Stormbreaker)
Mario: The First Titan
Titans
Master Chief 3
Kratos: Dark World
Mario: Yellow Plumber
Guardians of Gaming (Ratchet&Clank, Ezio, Jill, Crash)
Titans: Age of Guilty Spark
Tracer
Jaina Proudmoore (I can't think of other mainstream mage. Forgive me if there is a better choice)
Guardians of Gaming Vol.2
Sora: Homecoming
Kratos: Ragnarok
Sonic (I kinda envision Sega like Wakanda)
Titans: Infinity War (Atari wants to eliminate half of all games to stop another gaming crash)
Tracer and Genji
Bayonetta
Titans: Endgame

I know it's pretty sloppy attempt, but still fun nonetheless.
As in like video game equivalent to the MCU? Oh this gon' be good. I'm gonna try and make an MCU like thing with multiple franchises and not necessarily akin or the same order as the MCU does.

Phase 1
Detective Pikachu, Sonic the Hedgehog, Super Mario, Halo, God of War, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Metal Gear, Super Smash Bros equivalent

Phase 2
F-Zero, Final Fantasy, Halo 2, Super Mario Galaxy, Street Fighter, The Legend of Zelda 2, God of War 2, Metal Gear Solid, Metroid Prime, Mega Man, Pokemon, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Star Fox, Devil May Cry, Smash Bros sequel

Phase 3
Castlevania, Persona, Fire Emblem, Kingdom Hearts, Sonic the Hedgehog 3, God of War 3, Halo 3, Metal Gear Solid 2, Super Mario World, The Legend of Zelda: Malice Returns, Pokemon Conquest, F-Zero X, Final Fantasy: Advent Children, Mass Effect, DOOM, Smash Bros: Infinity War Equivalent

Phase 4
Sonic Adventure, Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Bayonetta, Devil May Cry 2: Done Right, Final Fantasy: Crisis Core, Fire Emblem Awakening, DOOM: Eternal, Smash Bros. Endgame Equivalent

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Smash could never work as an MCU thing because the main reason the MCU's able to constantly bring in everyone in a crossover naturally is because they make sure that **** is consistent through 90% of the movies. Trying to do that for Smash begs a simple question, what does the average joe look like? Cartoony human? Realistic human? Fantasy human? Scifi human? No humans? You can't connect it all together in the same world

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
This makes me wonder...

I know Cosmic77 loves Zacian, but I think most people would prefer a Pokémon from a different generation. So, what is everyone's ideal Pokémon pick when disregarding likelihood. Pretend there's a gun to your head and you have to pick one regardless of whether you want one or not.
1. Falinks because it would be so unique and fun
2. Mimikyu as a Pikachu echo where it tries to copy all of it's moves.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Smash could never work as an MCU thing because the main reason the MCU's able to constantly bring in everyone in a crossover naturally is because they make sure that **** is consistent through 90% of the movies. Trying to do that for Smash begs a simple question, what does the average joe look like? Cartoony human? Realistic human? Fantasy human? Scifi human? No humans? You can't connect it all together in the same world
All civilians are Miis, problem solved.

There is an obligatory Sakurai Mii cameo in every movie.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Were we to bring every world together it'd probably just mash as many locations together as possible and focus on how they affect each other rather than how they even exist. That or do the opposite and have each world be it's own dimension with its own rules.

EDIT: In the latter case the crossovers would be the result of some interdimensional threat, or other dimension hoppers like Hoopa.

EDIT EDIT: Now that I'm overthinking it, where do humans come from in Animal Crossing? Is there a town full of them? If so than why do they never join your town as villagers unless there's another registered player? Are they less common than animals? I need answers Nintendo!

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
All civilians are Miis, problem solved.

There is an obligatory Sakurai Mii cameo in every movie.
Whenever he starts talking, it’ll be in Japanese, but a voice will cut in a few seconds later.
“私を作らないで”-“Don’t make me come down there, punk.”

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Were we to bring every world together it'd probably just mash as many locations together as possible and focus on how they affect each other rather than how they even exist. That or do the opposite and have each world be it's own dimension with its own rules.

EDIT: In the latter case the crossovers would be the result of some interdimensional threat, or other dimension hoppers like Hoopa.

EDIT EDIT: Now that I'm overthinking it, where do humans come from in Animal Crossing? Is there a town full of them? If so than why do they never join your town as villagers unless there's another registered player? Are they less common than animals? I need answers Nintendo!
Which is my point, the MCU's thing is about how everything's connected, Smash cannot do that due to all of the conflicting artstyles, it'd be more like Spiderverse than the MCU

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
I’m gonna draw a Marvel meme template with gaming characters. Ideas? I was thinking of this one.
92FA971C-F0D9-4786-AD24-9DF8ABE163A2.png

Trevenant

Smash Lord
So, with this parody, I came up with another game...

Make gaming cinematic universe similar to MCU. It would better if you try to match MCU character counter parts with video game characters.

Master Chief (Because both Ironman and Chief are armor guys)
Donkey Kong (Both Donkey Kong and Hulk are brute type)
Master Chief 2
Kratos (Thor appears at the end of God of War 4, so Kratos can get Mjolnir. And his axe, Leviathan is like Stormbreaker)
Mario: The First Titan
Titans
Master Chief 3
Kratos: Dark World
Mario: Yellow Plumber
Guardians of Gaming (Ratchet&Clank, Ezio, Jill, Crash)
Titans: Age of Guilty Spark
Tracer
Jaina Proudmoore (I can't think of other mainstream mage. Forgive me if there is a better choice)
Guardians of Gaming Vol.2
Sora: Homecoming
Kratos: Ragnarok
Sonic (I kinda envision Sega like Wakanda)
Titans: Infinity War (Atari wants to eliminate half of all games to stop another gaming crash)
Tracer and Genji
Bayonetta
Titans: Endgame

I know it's pretty sloppy attempt, but still fun nonetheless.
Correct me if I'm absolutely wrong but isn't this stuff probably better for the social thread?

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Dunno, I don't think we can say there's "little" to introduce to newer audiences when most people can come up with at least 5 or 6 names. Besides, what you've described is basically an endless cycle - Nintendo thinks their more obscure IPs aren't worth it, so they don't introduce them to newer crowds, thus making these IPs even more obscure with time and Nintendo thinks they're even less worth it. Had this kind of line of thought been followed since the beginning, Fire Emblem would never have come to the west and Kid Icarus Uprising would not have been a thing.

It's cool that we got a wider net to cast, but I think there's a middle road to be taken - there's no need to make Smash just a pet project or just a corporate one.

Regarding the base roster vs DLC talk, my OP was referring to the newcomers in general. It wasn't a question of them being DLC right now or anything like that.
Franchises end and the company that has control over them just doesn't care, and it will continue happening with beloved IPs. It's not Smash's job to try and save every single Nintendo IP that doesn't live up to expectations, and in fact the only times we've ever seen a resurgence of any sort happen because of Smash was Fire Emblem, and even that was just getting the series localized. Fire Emblem survived on its merits after that, but there's not quite the Smash bump that I think some people believe exists. Being in Smash doesn't hurt brands, but it doesn't just inherently save them either. Sakurai save Kid Icarus by devoting himself to a revival, not Pit being in Brawl for example. So neither of those examples are particularly great for this. It costs a lot of money to try and restart projects or develop new titles in franchises, so it has to be some sort of calculated risk with more obscure IPs period.

Sometimes franchises just don't succeed and die out and that's all there is to it. And no amount of fan petitioning or even attempts to get those franchises in Smash is necessarily is going to bring them back unless it reaches a clear and demonstrable line of value to Nintendo and the associated parties.

I don't think Smash is just corporate or that the original was just a pet project, but I do think because it has become such a profitable brand and phenomenon, it has shifted more and more into Nintendo's main view as a franchise they're interested in investing in and using for their own goals.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Everyone's talking about a video game cinematic universe, when one is already in production:4pacman: (Warning: vulgar language)
You see, there's no concern over having a unified art-style when every female character is played by the same actress.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
At some point I'd made a Smash Cinematic Universe using the MCU as a template, it went something like

Iron Man - Super Mario Bros.
The Incredible Hulk - Metroid
Iron Man 2 - Super Mario Bros. 2
Thor - Pokémon
Captain America: The First Avenger - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
The Avengers - Super Smash Bros.
Iron Man 3 - Super Mario Bros. 3
Thor: The Dark World - Pokémon Gold
Captain America: The Winter Soldier - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Guardians of the Galaxy - Star Fox
Avengers: Age of Ultron - Super Smash Bros. Melee
Ant-Man - Kirby
Captain America: Civil War - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Doctor Strange - Fire Emblem
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - Star Fox 2
Spider-Man: Homecoming - Earthbound Beginnings
Thor: Ragnarok - Pokémon Black
Black Panther - Punch-Out
Avengers: Infinity War - Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Ant-Man and the Wasp - Kirby Super Star
Captain Marvel - F-Zero
Avengers: Endgame - Super Smash Bros. 4
Spider-Man: Far From Home - Earthbound
(I also had Star Fox Assault back when GotG Vol. 3 was dated)

So I guess the rest of it would go

Black Widow - Donkey Kong Country
The Eternals - Kid Icarus
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - Pikmin
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - Fire Emblem: Awakening
Spider-Man 3 - Mother 3
Thor: Love and Thunder - Pokémon Sun
Black Panther II - Super Punch-Out
Captain Marvel 2 - F-Zero X

For ****s and giggles

Agents of SHIELD - Persona
Agent Carter - Fatal Fury
Inhumans - Bayonetta
Daredevil - Metal Gear Solid
Jessica Jones - Sonic the Hedgehog
Luke Cage - Mega Man
Iron Fist - Pac-Man
The Punisher - Street Fighter
The Defenders - I dunno I guess Project X Zone
Runaways - Final Fantasy
Cloak & Dagger - Dragon Quest
Helstrom - Banjo-Kazooie
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier - Animal Crossing
WandaVision - WarioWare
Loki - Xenoblade Chronicles
What If...? - PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Hawkeye - Yoshi
Ms. Marvel - Splatoon
Moon Knight - ARMS
She-Hulk - Metroid Prime

Yeah it all kind of falls apart with all the new spin-offs and stuff

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Deserve is subjective but I think there are a few things that I can think of that falls under deserve.

A Koei-Tecmo character is pretty easy as deserving seeing as they've been Nintendo's biggest 3rd party partner. Hyrule Warriors, Fire Emblem Warriors, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Pokemon Conquest, and way more. They've had their hands in everything.

Ubisoft character for the same reason. Crossovers with Star Fox and Mario, an exclusive Assassin's Creed collection, Rayman trophies in Smash 4, and even being one of the Wii U's uh, only supporters.

And probably Waluigi at this point.

Like, I'm not a fan of the word deserve but during some certain extreme cases I can see it being reasonable.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Personally don't know why but I could see an curveball being thrown and the ARMS rep being Helix due to how fun he looks.

Anyone think so?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Deserve is subjective but I think there are a few things that I can think of that falls under deserve.

A Koei-Tecmo character is pretty easy as deserving seeing as they've been Nintendo's biggest 3rd party partner. Hyrule Warriors, Fire Emblem Warriors, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Pokemon Conquest, and way more. They've had their hands in everything.

Ubisoft character for the same reason. Crossovers with Star Fox and Mario, an exclusive Assassin's Creed collection, Rayman trophies in Smash 4, and even being one of the Wii U's uh, only supporters.

Like, I'm not a fan of the word deserve but during some certain extreme cases I can see it being reasonable.
Throw in Crash and I say this is pretty accurate.
Definitely would not mind Helix as the arms rep
Plus we would not see it coming as we did with:ultpiranha:

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
At some point I'd made a Smash Cinematic Universe using the MCU as a template, it went something like

Iron Man - Super Mario Bros.
The Incredible Hulk - Metroid
Iron Man 2 - Super Mario Bros. 2
Thor - Pokémon
Captain America: The First Avenger - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
The Avengers - Super Smash Bros.
Iron Man 3 - Super Mario Bros. 3
Thor: The Dark World - Pokémon Gold
Captain America: The Winter Soldier - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Guardians of the Galaxy - Star Fox
Avengers: Age of Ultron - Super Smash Bros. Melee
Ant-Man - Kirby
Captain America: Civil War - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Doctor Strange - Fire Emblem
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - Star Fox 2
Spider-Man: Homecoming - Earthbound Beginnings
Thor: Ragnarok - Pokémon Black
Black Panther - Punch-Out
Avengers: Infinity War - Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Ant-Man and the Wasp - Kirby Super Star
Captain Marvel - F-Zero
Avengers: Endgame - Super Smash Bros. 4
Spider-Man: Far From Home - Earthbound
(I also had Star Fox Assault back when GotG Vol. 3 was dated)

So I guess the rest of it would go

Black Widow - Donkey Kong Country
The Eternals - Kid Icarus
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - Pikmin
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - Fire Emblem: Awakening
Spider-Man 3 - Mother 3
Thor: Love and Thunder - Pokémon Sun
Black Panther II - Super Punch-Out
Captain Marvel 2 - F-Zero X

For ****s and giggles

Agents of SHIELD - Persona
Agent Carter - Fatal Fury
Inhumans - Bayonetta
Daredevil - Metal Gear Solid
Jessica Jones - Sonic the Hedgehog
Luke Cage - Mega Man
Iron Fist - Pac-Man
The Punisher - Street Fighter
The Defenders - I dunno I guess Project X Zone
Runaways - Final Fantasy
Cloak & Dagger - Dragon Quest
Helstrom - Banjo-Kazooie
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier - Animal Crossing
WandaVision - WarioWare
Loki - Xenoblade Chronicles
What If...? - PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Hawkeye - Yoshi
Ms. Marvel - Splatoon
Moon Knight - ARMS
She-Hulk - Metroid Prime

Yeah it all kind of falls apart with all the new spin-offs and stuff
Agents of Shield being Persona is amazing. Thank you for that thought. But I think The Falcon and The Winter Soldier should be a Zelda game, but one of the cell shaded Link ones. Still coming from the same thing, but different. Wind Waker and Hourglass would both work, kinda. Phantom Hourglass would be more likely imo. Maybe Spirit Tracks? Lol

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Agents of Shield being Persona is amazing. Thank you for that thought. But I think The Falcon and The Winter Soldier should be a Zelda game, but one of the cell shaded Link ones. Still coming from the same thing, but different. Wind Waker and Hourglass would both work, kinda. Phantom Hourglass would be more likely imo. Maybe Spirit Tracks? Lol
I thought about keeping the spin-off relationship between the shows until I realized I'd backed myself into a corner with Loki and Ms. Marvel by making Thor Pokemon and Captain Marvel F-Zero so I just went with anything.

Maybe Tingle could be FatWS? That's also a Zelda spin-off. Wind Waker and Minish Cap could also work (though now that I think about it, Minish Cap is a perfect fit with Agent Carter, timeline-wise).

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Idea for Marvel Gaming thing
Spider Man can be Ness
Spider Man into the Spiderverse can be Ness, Ninten, Lucas, Travis and some other characters

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Nah man. Spider-Man has to be Snake, cause they're the first character whose rights aren't owned by the people making the thing to get in.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
I thought about keeping the spin-off relationship between the shows until I realized I'd backed myself into a corner with Loki and Ms. Marvel by making Thor Pokemon and Captain Marvel F-Zero so I just went with anything.

Maybe Tingle could be FatWS? That's also a Zelda spin-off. Wind Waker and Minish Cap could also work (though now that I think about it, Minish Cap is a perfect fit with Agent Carter, timeline-wise).
I can see both working. For Wind Waker, maybe Falcon as Link and Winter Soldier could be Tetra? Or maybe other way around. We’ll be able to do it easier once the show comes out. As for Minish Cap, character roles aren’t that hard. I can see both.

Nah man. Spider-Man has to be Snake, cause they're the first character whose rights aren't owned by the people making the thing to get in.
I see where you’re coming from, but Snake? He’d make a better Deadpool, and wouldn’t work as Spider Man. Of course, Ness wouldn’t work that well either, but whatever.
Remember, this isn’t a Nintendo based MCU. It’s a gaming based MCU. Meaning rights don’t matter.
But that also means that we can replace Spider Man with... Spider Man...

Last edited:

Voe

Smash Journeyman
If I was Nintendo and I wanted to make my own MCU I would just bring back Captain N.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Franchises end and the company that has control over them just doesn't care, and it will continue happening with beloved IPs. It's not Smash's job to try and save every single Nintendo IP that doesn't live up to expectations, and in fact the only times we've ever seen a resurgence of any sort happen because of Smash was Fire Emblem, and even that was just getting the series localized. Fire Emblem survived on its merits after that, but there's not quite the Smash bump that I think some people believe exists. Being in Smash doesn't hurt brands, but it doesn't just inherently save them either. Sakurai save Kid Icarus by devoting himself to a revival, not Pit being in Brawl for example. So neither of those examples are particularly great for this. It costs a lot of money to try and restart projects or develop new titles in franchises, so it has to be some sort of calculated risk with more obscure IPs period.

Sometimes franchises just don't succeed and die out and that's all there is to it. And no amount of fan petitioning or even attempts to get those franchises in Smash is necessarily is going to bring them back unless it reaches a clear and demonstrable line of value to Nintendo and the associated parties.

I don't think Smash is just corporate or that the original was just a pet project, but I do think because it has become such a profitable brand and phenomenon, it has shifted more and more into Nintendo's main view as a franchise they're interested in investing in and using for their own goals.
Point is, some franchises only become profitable if there's an effort to push them. Sure, sometimes they just die, but can you honestly say that this is why all of the franchises that don't have a playable character were bad by themselves? Or were they just less pushed? To be clear, this is not exclusive to Nintendo either - heck, Nier was definitely not considered by SE as an IP they should push en masse... and then Automata happened. There needs to be an effort on some front for an IP to succeed. Smash isn't the only effort Nintendo could make, sure, but it's better than nothing.

Saying "it needs to be calculated" and being afraid to take risks is like saying that "every new IP that isn't as successful as Splatoon should die off and that's that"... when in reality, we've seen IPs fail - or fail in specific regions - because there's no marketing push around them (a recent example is Daemon X Machina). It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. If there's no money or time invested, then of course there isn't going to be any gain, because you can't just launch the game expecting to drum up support for these franchises from thin air.

I think both the FE and KI examples are great. Sakurai has talked in the past about how he pushed for Marth and Roy in Melee's NA version despite some resistance from NOA. Years later and that risk paid off. And while Smash inclusion wasn't the only factor in FE's western debut and KIU's making, you'd be wrong to say it wasn't a major one.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If I was Nintendo and I wanted to make my own MCU I would just bring back Captain N.
I think the fact that Captain N used official Nintendo merchandise as weapons was ingenious.

Like goddam, give this man a Super Scope and a Wii Remote Lightsaber

blackghost

Smash Champion
not to mention you need a villain that is actually a threat to characters as broken as kirby, bayonetta, shulk, and cloud.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Also he beat a freaking dragon with only a Replica Monado.
Yeah, because of Monado Purge, that's how Telethia work. Dunban's Monado wound is leagues more impressive than Shulk's shonen moments. I could think of a good amount of stronger characters than Shulk with base Monados.

:ulthero::ultdk::ultjoker::ultkingdedede::ultmario::ultluigi::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultpalutena::ultroy::ultryu::ultken::ultsamus::ultsonic::ultyoshi:

Especially :ultness:, that kid goes up there in the big boy categories.

ZelDan

Smash Master
not to mention you need a villain that is actually a threat to characters as broken as kirby, bayonetta, shulk, and cloud.
That's probably one of the easiest things to do. Just bring a bunch of Nintendo and third party villains together, and/or make a new original one like they did with Tabuu.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I believe the last anime series based on a Nintendo series flopped horribly. and it's name was f-zero

blackghost

Smash Champion
They..... literally just did that with the World of Light. Also Tabuu and the Subspace Army back in Brawl.
in a videogame crossover world, like MCU you arent just making the villains up. i'd hope they wouldnt at least. kinda ruins the idea for me.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Yeah, because of Monado Purge, that's how Telethia work.
If you think Soul Reader is the only reason why Telethia are powerful you're gonna end up paying for your insolence. Also, Dragon King Alcar is not a Telethia

Dunban's Monado wound is leagues more impressive than Shulk's shonen moments.
In terms of character moments? Sure. In terms of power? Heck no. They aren't even close to the same scale. To be honest he's probably more powerful without it than he was with it.

I could think of a good amount of stronger characters than Shulk with base Monados.

:ulthero::ultdk::ultjoker::ultkingdedede::ultmario::ultluigi::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultpalutena::ultroy::ultryu::ultken::ultsamus::ultsonic::ultyoshi:

Especially :ultness:, that kid goes up there in the big boy categories.
Eeeeeeh I'd say he's on par with most of 'em considering that most of them are just skilled fighters. If the human characters count as "people of the Bionis" then yeah he'd fare better with his base weapon. If not though, then he'll be able to hold his own.

in a videogame crossover world, like MCU you arent just making the villains up. i'd hope they wouldnt at least. kinda ruins the idea for me.
Even if you're not making up characters, most villains have power on the apocalyptic scale. Sigma, Bowser (when he wants to), literally any Sonic villain, literally every Kirby villain, etc.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

I also nominate Dixie Kong and Ace Attorney as members of this "deserving" camp. One for being one of the biggest main characters of a major franchise not in yet and the other for being a literal icon of the DS and an honorary Nintendo star.

Also Resident Evil deserved better.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The thing about Marvel is it all takes place within the same world. For the most part, I think. The Marvel characters all coming together is like Mario and DK and Wario and Yoshi all coming together. Those characters all exist in the same world, too.

Smash Bros would be like if Spider-Man, Darth Vader, Mickey Mouse, Woody, Kermit the Frog and Homer Simpson were all hanging out. And then they invited Batman to come over.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Honestly, if there was a Nintendo Cinematic Universe, they'd probably reuse the villains from the mainline movies in the crossovers. I know many film adaptions (including the MCU) try to have a new villain each film, but throwing characters like Bowser, Ganondorf, and Ridley after a single film seems like a major waste.

Then again, following the MCU's lead on villains is probably a bad idea. Any bad guy not named Thanos or Loki is completely forgettable at best. Even the Spider-Man, who has a great rouge's gallery, wasn't able to make his baddies stick in the MCU.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
:ultmario:: You will never beat us! We have Kirby!

:ultganondorf:: You fool, I've planned around this in over three hundred ways. Oh Kirby!

:ultkirby:: Poyo?

:ultganondorf:: I will buy you a nice cake if you don't mess with our plans, ok?

:ultkirby:: The terms are agreeable!

As for the others, just have some about them being weaker outside their home dimension.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If you think Soul Reader is the only reason why Telethia are powerful you're gonna end up paying for your insolence.
For my insolence? I've beaten the game three times 100%. :dr^_^:

Also, Dragon King Alcar is not a Telethia
You're talking about at Prison Island? You could beat that with any three members of your party.

In terms of character moments? Sure. In terms of power? Heck no. They aren't even close to the same scale. To be honest he's probably more powerful without it than he was with it.
I'm talking about direct feats of strength, that wound goes ****ing deep. The Monado itself works on pure willpower, you could make it any size you want and go ham, I'm just saying Dunban used it at its most powerful in base form.

As for the others, just have some about them being weaker outside their home dimension.
You don't need to have them be "weaker", Galeem and Tabuu win because none of these "OP" characters are resistant against their abilities. That's how they won in the first place, they get blasted as spirits or trophies and it clearly negates durability.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom