• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Ridley was the only character I voted for. I knew he wasn't getting in, but I thought it'd be worth showing Sakurai just how popular he really was.

Not sure if the ballot was actually responsible for Ridley getting in Smash since I distinctly remember how low the morale was at the time. Mewtwo was just revealed, and many of Ridley's supporters ditched him and went to K. Rool who they thought would have a better chance.

Regardless, Ridley was one of the first characters revealed for what is arguably the best Smash game yet, and he was E3 2018's big reveal to cap off the whole thing.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Ah, reminiscing on the classic days of the ballot? From memory, I remember voting for Roy (which was probably a waste in hindsight since he came back after Lucas alongside Ryu), King K. Rool, Banjo-Kazooie and Isaac. At least, that's who I remember. I probably voted for Phoenix Wright as well, but I can't really remember if I did or not. Funnily enough, I don't remember writing a ballot vote for Ridley, but I think I put a vote to Sylux instead since I didn't know if Ridley had any more chances after Pyrosphere.
*light-bulb moment* Now it occurred to me that I probably wrote in a number of veterans like Snake and Wolf, but also voted towards the Inklings too.
Looking back on it, I'd say it's safe to say that the Ballot does feel like it's served it's purpose in bringing several fan-requests all together and then some.

If the ballot were to re-run and I were given 5 votes? I'd give them to:
Isaac, Phoenix Wright, Reimu Hakurei, Kazuma Kiryu and Dante. Doomguy. (Yes this is edited)

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
lessee... irrc, I ended up voting for Bandana Waddle Dee, Shovel Knight and I think Inklings too

Oh, also Wreck-it Ralph... yeah I was that kid lol

Last edited:

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
Originally I had voted for Bandana Dee... but 2015 was the year I started to adapt more into wanting Adeleine instead, so I eventually voted for her as well. I didn't necessarily vouch for her as a fighter like Bandana Dee at the time (which I kinda regret) but bottom line, I wanted a new Kirby character from the start.

As you can probably guess, I treat that ballot as a scam.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Talking ballot votes are we? I voted for Bayonetta, Dark Samus, Ridley, and Sora. Only one remains.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I voted for Marina Liteyears because I knew I only got one vote and I had to shoot my shot. If they did a second ballot I'd vote for her all over again because you don't just pass up the chance, no matter how slim, for your childhood most-wanted to get in.

My partner voted for Travis Touchdown. Another friend of mine voted for Bayonetta.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I wonder who I voted for in the ballot....

I also got my friend to vote for him even though he doesn't play Smash Bros. (or even games really)

(I only voted once because I had heard they only counted your last vote so I didn't want to accidentally not vote for Isaac)

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If there’s a veteran I voted for it’s Snake. I REALLY wanted him to come back

I voted also for Mecha-Fiora, Neku, and uhhhhh Black Shadow. Elma’s game came out after the ballot ended

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I voted for Rayman. I wanted to vote for Chorus kids, but I knew there was no way they would have win, so I just vote for Rayman who had more support in Smash 4 era because of the Omni leak and at that time he was my second most wanted.

D

Deleted member

I only voted for Bandana Waddle Dee.

And if there’s a future ballot, I’l gladly do it again.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
From what I recall, I voted for a bunch of characters on the Smash Ballot. Snake, Ridley, Bayonetta, K. Rool, Wonder Red, Rayman, Travis Touchdown... I probably threw in some votes for other veterans as well. (it definitely seemed like there was no good reason for Wolf being cut, even if I doubted that he'd win because ending on a veteran semi-clone would be rather anti-climactic)

Can't remember if I voted for Banjo, though - at the time, he seemed impossible.

Last edited:

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
We are talking about the ballot? Hoo boy, i remember i voted multiple times for Phoenix Wright, and once for Shadow the Hedgehog.
Sadly Shadow is an assist trophy, and Phoenix isn't in Smash... By now, anyway

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I'm pretty sure I voted for a variety of characters that I can't really remember, but I know the first character I voted for is :ultridley:. I also put in a vote for Erdrick towards the end of the ballot, but before Cloud was revealed IIRC.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I watched GameXplain's video on the remote work thing. He also added that CERO has closed down, which could mean that any unrated games could see delays. If it effects any DLC it'll probably only be Fighters Pass 8 or 9, unless CERO gets a huge backlog that delays a month's worth of projects. In which case it could delay any unrated games for the rest of the year. I hope that doesn't happen.

K.Rool support was wide spread way before the ballot. Stop lying. It existed as soon as Diddy got into Brawl. It's the very same fanbase. K.Rool was always a hugely requested character.
I had never seen anyone even talk about him until he became the big ballot pick so if the majority wanted him, it was a silent one until then.

EDIT: It would make sense if it wasn't the case during Brawl, though I wasn't there then. As far as ssb4 goes, I'm willing to bet the ballot gave him a huge popularity surge.

Last edited:

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Pretty sure the last thing i voted was a some random throwaway game character, so if the last-submission-only thing is for true that's probably what counted for my final answer
but at the time I voted for Andy from Advance Wars and Alex from Eternal Darkness
....whole lot of good that got me, although Alex getting a spirit was a small win on its own in my book

I didn't think characters like Banjo or Crash were even possible at the time so I didn't even bother voting for them
although in hindsight I absolutely wish I had gone back and voted for Crash

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
For the Smash Ballot, I believe I voted for Captain Rainbow (I had just learned about his game, and wanted to see it for myself) and Balloon Fighter (don't remember why). I didn't have as many wants back then...

MattX20

Smash Hero
I remember voting for both Shantae and Rayman during the Smash ballot. Though, in retrospect, I kinda wished I voted for Geno too

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I just voted one time for Amaterasu, and I will be ecstatic when she gets revealed in 2051 when Dante, Vergil, Nero, Arthur, Morrigan, Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Chun-Li, are Monster Hunter are also apart of the roster, allowing her to nab the spot as a cult classic character, and ending the Amaterasu vs. Viewtiful Joe wars of 2050.

I remember voting for both Shantae and Rayman during the Smash ballot. Though, in retrospect, I kinda wished I voted for Geno too
I misread Shantae as Samus for a second. lol

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm just happy I got who I voted for. :ultchrom:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I had never seen anyone even talk about him until he became the big ballot pick so if the majority wanted him, it was a silent one until then.

EDIT: It would make sense if it wasn't the case during Brawl, though I wasn't there then. As far as ssb4 goes, I'm willing to bet the ballot gave him a huge popularity surge.
K. Rool was still very popular in Smash for's base speculation. In the West, the 5 characters everyone and their dad wanted were :ultmegaman:, :ultlittlemac:, :ultkrool:, :ultridley:, and :ultmewtwo:. It was largely the same in Japan, but the fever for Ridley and Little Mac was replaced by :ultpalutena: and :ultshulk:.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
I voted for :pt:.

Not :squirtle:, not :ivysaur:, just :pt:. I always wanted Red to have his own moveset just based on what you can do in the Pokemon overworld.
I'm imagining the pokemon trainer avatar busting out some serious karate moves on people and I love it

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I just voted one time for Amaterasu, and I will be ecstatic when she gets revealed in 2051 when Dante, Vergil, Nero, Arthur, Morrigan, Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Chun-Li, are Monster Hunter are also apart of the roster, allowing her to nab the spot as a cult classic character, and ending the Amaterasu vs. Viewtiful Joe wars of 2050.

I misread Shantae as Samus for a second. lol
Implying that Phoenix Wright, Jill Valentine, and Leon Kennedy still won't be a part of the roster by 2051.

tenor (1).gif

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I voted for Captain Toad and once again for Toad. Some of my friends threw in a vote for Toad too since they've known I've wanted him since Smash 64.

My reward was a mild aesthetic improvement in Peach's moveset.

And Daisy's.

Great.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
I voted for Bayonetta, Sceptile, and Banjo Kazooie.

The only reason I didn't vote for Ridley was because I accepted that he wasn't getting in back then.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
And Daisy's.

Great.
And it doesn't even make sense in Daisy's moveset.

Somebody fill me in on what’s happened recently
  • Sakurai and his team are working remotely.
  • CERO has shut down, delaying any unrated games that would have been rated at this time, and possibly rippling down to a bunch of games down the line planning to come out this year as CERO catches up.
  • We're talking about the ballot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom