• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spatman

Smash Ace
Unless it wasn't ready to release until June. I doubt anyone would think any character would be ready this soon, hell Joker took five months to release so why would anyons think Fighter 6 be ready any time soon? Also one thing to emphasize is Fighter 6 is being revealed in June, nothing said anything about them releasing in June. Honestly with many things just not getting a proper reveal, like they don't have an ARMS character trailer ready yet, lean to people thinking that something had to be put on hold.
oh yes, absolutely nothing:

https://youtu.be/ubRf4zyEvG4?t=882

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Eeeh? I don't intend to be mean here - that said, we don't have much of a clue about where Nintendo wants to take ARMS to begin with. Outside of the free play period.

Sure, there's a really good chance that an upgrade is in the cards. But there's also a decent chance that an ARMS DLC update or even ARMS 2 focuses on a character not already present like Coyle. Also I'm not completely sure if characters like Spring Man / Ribbon Girl will get transformations new forms (which would mean those forms would get at least a DLC Spirit on the Board).

I'd honestly be more sure of an upgrade if Nintendo focused on some new clothes for Spring Man / Ribbon Girl or whatever during the direct - but as it stands it's a total guessing game until June.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say in regards to my post. I was saying that I don't think we'll see Shantae or Shovel Knight even if the ARMS character reconfirms Assist Trophies and kills the Spirits disconfirm argument.

SKX31

Smash Master
I'm not sure what you're trying to say in regards to my post. I was saying that I don't think we'll see Shantae or Shovel Knight even if the ARMS character reconfirms Assist Trophies and kills the Spirits disconfirm argument.
Aaaah, gotcha. Misinterpreted and thought you were strictly leaning towards the "Disconfirm" argument being broken.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Forum game:

People whine there are too many “anime sword users” in smash.

But people love games with anime sword users.

So what I’m going to ask you all you to do is double the amount of characters in season 2’s fighter pass and give me for each slot except the first one: An anime swordsman you want, and then a non-“anime swordsman” character you want. Except for the first slot, where your wanted slot will go to an ARMs character(s). The (s) because you can make alts if you want.
6: Lola Pop + Isaac
7: Ms. Pac-Man + Lloyd
8: Filia + Zero
9: Red Dragon Caller Sonia (Puzzle & Dragons) + Crono
10: Dixie Kong + Dark Meta Knight
11: Ren & Oragon (Monster Strike) + Hyrule Warriors Zelda
Wow, this was yet another hard one for me. After Lloyd and Isaac I really had to start reaching.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Forum game:

So what I’m going to ask you all you to do is double the amount of characters in season 2’s fighter pass and give me for each slot except the first one: An anime swordsman you want, and then a non-“anime swordsman” character you want. Except for the first slot, where your wanted slot will go to an ARMs character(s). The (s) because you can make alts if you want.

FP6 Arms: Lola Pop (Lanky Kong alt)
FP6 anime sword: Crono

FP7 want: Bonk
FP7 anime sword: Lloyd/Cless “Tales” rep

FP8 want: Ring Fit Adventurer
FP8 anime sword: Goemon (Konami)

FP9 want: Mike Jones
FP9 anime sword: Takamaru

FP10 want: Captain Syrup
FP10 anime sword: Sora

FP11 want: Bandana Dee
FP11 anime sword: Yoshimitsu (Soul Calibur)
FP6: Coyle
FP6 "anime sword": Alisa (God Eater)

FP7: Master Chief
FP7 "anime sword": Master Chief but with an energy sword

FP8: Kiryu Kazuma
FP8 "anime sword": Kiryu Kazumanosuke

FP9: Mumkhar
FP9 "anime sword": Orie (Under Night In-Birth)

FP10: Akuma
FP10 "anime sword": Dante

FP11: Fulgore
FP11 "anime sword": Nightmare

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Forum game:

FP6 Arms: Min Min
FP6 anime sword: Elma

FP7 want: Karate Joe
FP7 anime sword: Ryu Hayabusa

FP8 want: Steve
FP8 anime sword: 2B

FP9 want: Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons Farmer
FP9 anime sword: Lyn

FP10 want: Segata Sanshiro
FP10 anime sword: Nakoruru

FP11 want: Arle Nadja
FP11 anime sword: Zero

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Forum game:

So what I’m going to ask you all you to do is double the amount of characters in season 2’s fighter pass and give me for each slot except the first one: An anime swordsman you want, and then a non-“anime swordsman” character you want. Except for the first slot, where your wanted slot will go to an ARMs character(s). The (s) because you can make alts if you want
FP6 Arms: Spring Man/Ribbon Girl
FP6 anime sword: Crono [Chrono Trigger]

FP7 want: Ryu Hayabusa [Ninja Gaiden]
FP7 anime sword: Vyse [Skies of Arcadia]

FP8 want: Bill Rizer/Lance Bean [Contra]
FP8 anime sword: Sephiroth [Final Fantasy]

FP9 want: Arthur [Ghosts ‘n Goblins]
FP9 anime sword: Zero [Mega Man X]

FP10 want: Kunio/Riki [River City Ransom]
FP10 anime sword: Randi [Secret of Mana]

FP11 want: SV-001 Metal Slug [Metal Slug]
FP11 anime sword: Nakoruru [Samurai Shodown]

Goemon doesn't use a sword...

Neither does Sora for that matter.

And people up in here being reeeal lose with the term "anime".

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It's time to- never mind... images are broken...
Looks like CrashBoards put a more permanent spin on this site. :troll:

Forum game:

Fighters Pass #6: Spring Man & Lloyd
Fighters Pass #7: Amaterasu & Crono
Fighters Pass #8: Master Chief & War
Fighters Pass #9: Lara Croft & Jin
Fighters Pass #10: Bandana Waddle Dee featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series
Fighters Pass #11: X & Zero

I don't have very many wanted characters, so these are just who came to mind. I am interested in the idea of each character though.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey!

You forgot to mention Mòrag and Lora.

Got it. The most deserving rep for X is then Lin, because of her Monado hairpins.
Excuse you

you forgot someone

the indisputably Best Boi

uuugh image ded. but it's ZEKE THE ZEKENATOR

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Forum game:

FP6: Spring Man
FP6 anime: Rex & Pyra

FP7: Waluigi
FP7 anime: Sora

FP8: Dixie Kong
FP8 anime: Isaac

FP9: Phoenix Wright
FP9 anime: Travis Touchdown

FP10: Bandana Dee
FP10 anime: Dante

FP11: Chorus Kids
FP11 anime: Takamaru

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The world if Min Min doesn't get in Smash:

SeekPng.com_yugioh-hair-png_1871730 (1).png

The world if Min Min does get in Smash:

SeekPng.com_yugioh-hair-png_1871730 (1).png

Truly, we all know the sacrifice of the world for Helix is totally worth it. :nifty:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
To be fair she is winning the poll by nearly 50 points.
Okay, but are riots going to be in the streets if Min Min isn't in the game? Are the gamers going to declare war on a company for not putting in their waifu?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
That's a leash for his dog.
Look closer. The arm becomes a metal rod near the end of the shoulder, then there's a little bit of forearm before the hand that's holding the leash.

The world if Helix gets into Smash:
They shove goop down their pants as they pass through a polluted river with animatatronics on all sides?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Polls are interesting if you want to see what other people are thinking, but they shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Back in December, we had a poll that asked users which company the final DLC character of the first pass would come from. Namco and Capcom made up almost 50% of the vote. If we held another poll back in February that asked people who they thought was likeliest between Dante, Crash Bandicoot, Phoenix Wright, Geno, a Gen VIII rep, a Xenoblade rep, and an ARMS rep, does anyone genuinely believe ARMS wouldn't get last place?

So yeah, don't bother arguing with others about whether or not an ARMS character should be as high as they are on the poll. Doesn't mean anything in the long run.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Polls are interesting if you want to see what other people are thinking, but they shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Back in December, we had a poll that asked users which company the final DLC character of the first pass would come from. Namco and Capcom made up almost 50% of the vote. If we held another poll back in February that asked people who they thought was likeliest between Dante, Crash Bandicoot, Phoenix Wright, Geno, a Gen VIII rep, a Xenoblade rep, and an ARMS rep, does anyone genuinely believe ARMS wouldn't get last place?

So yeah, don't bother arguing with others about whether or not an ARMS character should be as high as they are on the poll. Doesn't mean anything in the long run.
That's what they want you to think! In reality, they're actually using the poll to decide which character to pick. That's why they did the whole guessing game thing; They wanted an ARMS character but didn't know who to pick! Wake up sheeple! Open your eyes and learn the troof!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That's what they want you to think! In reality, they're actually using the poll to decide which character to pick. That's why they did the whole guessing game thing; They wanted an ARMS character but didn't know who to pick! Wake up sheeple! Open your eyes and learn the troof!
I can't believe it. They were so bold to use reverse reverse psychology on us... Masaka...

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
FP6 Arms: Spring Man/Ribbon Girl
FP6 anime sword: Crono [Chrono Trigger]

FP7 want: Ryu Hayabusa [Ninja Gaiden]
FP7 anime sword: Vyse [Skies of Arcadia]

FP8 want: Bill Rizer/Lance Bean [Contra]
FP8 anime sword: Sephiroth [Final Fantasy]

FP9 want: Arthur [Ghosts ‘n Goblins]
FP9 anime sword: Zero [Mega Man X]

FP10 want: Kunio/Riki [River City Ransom]
FP10 anime sword: Randi [Secret of Mana]

FP11 want: SV-001 Metal Slug [Metal Slug]
FP11 anime sword: Nakoruru [Samurai Shodown]

Goemon doesn't use a sword...

Neither does Sora for that matter.

And people up in here being reeeal lose with the term "anime".
Will admit I specifically picked some broader choices in the initial example to establish it to “who the fanbase will view as anime swordsman.”

SNEKeater

Smash Master
After Three Houses, fans went back to loving the series. Fates was really bad after people had concerns with Awakening. Mainly story and gameplay. Three Houses fixes these issues by telling an actually fleshed out story and being a fun game with waifus taking a backseat. It's not perfect, but it's a great step in the right direction.

Like compare all of the controversy with Fates (face petting, body swaps, straight syrums, barbarian asses, literally Tharja 2) and then compare it to Three Houses (nothing).
I agree, Three Houses is a great game that managed to unify most of the community. About Fates, it has issues and I'm not the greatest fan of Fates, in the most literal sense of the word. Fates Birthright is pretty easy, Fates Revelations is... well. But Fates Conquest is the best route of Fates.

Conquest isn't the best when it comes to story and writing (which is a bit sad in my opinion because I think most of the main characters of Nohr and Hoshido are cool. But what I was saying is that Conquest is the best Fates version due to it's gameplay, difficulty and map design. I'm not precisely attached to Fates except for the music, which is great, but I'm not exaggerating if I say that Conquest is probably one of the best games in the series when it comes to map design. Sure, there are some maps that may feel annoying, but overall it does a great job offering interesting maps with different objectives. Of course, all of this wouldn't work at all if the gameplay itself and the difficulty aren't good, and luckily Conquest is the most demanding Fates title.

Fates actually fixes some of Awakening's issues such as the pair up mechanic, which was a broken mechanic in the right hands. Enemies couldn't use the pair up neither dual strikes. In Fates, they gave enemies the chance to use both mechanics. Oh, and now having 2 units paired up isn't always the best option, because the second unit wouldn't be able to attack, so sometimes you will have to think what will be better for you: pairing two units, or separate both in order to perform a dual strike.
In Awakening pretty much of the time you'd rather have two units paired up because the game never punished you for doing that. I mean, you could beat most of the game very easily pairing up Robin and Chrom and let them fight all the enemies.

I'm saying all of this because while I agree that Fates has a good amount of problems, from a gameplay standpoint is a great FE title and pretty much better than Awakening, at least if we're talking about Fates Conquest, which in Hard is a pleasant and demanding experience.
I've barely tried Conquest on Lunatic, but at least it doesn't seem to be as absurd as Awakening's Lunatic mode, where you were practically forced to use Frederick all of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom