• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
I decided it's about time I finally list what I would like to see for the rest of the second fighter's pass after the ARMS rep:

1. Crash Bandicoot
2. Crash Bandicoot
3. Crash Bandicoot
4. Crash Bandicoot
5. Crash Bandicoot

What do you guys think?
No Rilla Roo? What a ripoff.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
1585771344501.png

F in the chat for the poor saps who actually thought this was legit. :240:

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Here's a little customization game we can play. Make your ideal pass using one character from each of the five lists.

1st Third-party
Rayman
Professor Layton
Dante
Phoenix Wright
Steve

2nd Third-party
Reimu
KOS-MOS
Arle Nadja
Lloyd Irving
2nd Sonic the Hedgehog character

"Promotional" Character
Three Houses rep (Your choice)
Astral Chain rep (Your choice)
Ring Fit Adventurer
Gooigi
Sword and Shield rep (Your choice)

Give the People What They Want
Geno
Master Chief
Sora
Waluigi
Issac

The Big Surprise
Any character who you want but don't expect.
FP7: Steve
FP8: Second Sonic character
FP9: Gooigi (Why not King Boo?)
FP10: Master Chief
FP11: Marx (Added in his Star Allies form, with his final smash being his SSBU boss form, same as the other two playable bosses in the game)

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
If there gonna be a event, then it confirms that despite being a whole team dedicated to them, Spirits are indeed low proauthority enough that the team can still work on them despite there being a shut down

and thous, more proof for the spirit don’t Deconfirm folks
Welp, I will admit that I wrong here, there was indeed a Spirit Event, despite the fact on what's going on, so there it is, defensive proof that Spirts are not high propriety then I and many others made it out to be

Anyways, **** Sabi for that April Fools "joke", he says that "he had nothing to do with it", but it's just an extremely bad look on his part, especially since how much s**t he has gotten about his trustworthiness

I'm kinda now super skeptic about the Mario rumors, why go out your way to fake something as something so minor as Flipnote?

I kinda should have known, since none of the people who were talking about the Mario rumors, was not talking about this, except for GameXplain (so I hope people here stop antagonizing them that they work for Nintendo lmao)

I kinda understand why people dislike this holiday now

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Why are people talking about Super Smash Bros? This is a Crash Bandicoot forum.

Anyway, who would win a fight, Tiny Tiger or Komodo Joe?:4pacman:

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
As of today, I am officially ceasing my support for all video game characters for Smash...

... and I will now only support Non-Video Game Characters! My most-wanted Fighters Pass characters are now...
  • Fighter 6 - Geralt of Rivia
  • Fighter 7 - Dr. Aki Ross
  • Fighter 8 - Helga Pataki
  • Fighter 9 - Robert E. O. Speedwagon
  • Fighter 10 - Mezmaron
  • Fighter 11 - Bob Hoskins & John Leguizamo
Happy April Fools Day! Can you guess where all these characters are from?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
As of today, I am officially ceasing my support for all video game characters for Smash...

... and I will now only support Non-Video Game Characters! My most-wanted Fighters Pass characters are now...
  • Fighter 6 - Geralt of Rivia
  • Fighter 7 - Dr. Aki Ross
  • Fighter 8 - Helga Pataki
  • Fighter 9 - Robert E. O. Speedwagon
  • Fighter 10 - Mezmaron
  • Fighter 11 - Bob Hoskins & John Leguizamo
Happy April Fools Day! Can you guess where all these characters are from?
The Witcher, Final Fantasy Spirits Within, Hey Arnold, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Pac-Man (TV series) and the Super Mario Bros. movie.

Anyway, this April Fool will age beautifully if Crash gets, much like Ridleyboards.

D

Deleted member

Smash Ultimate is dubbed as "a celebration of gaming", and WWE 2K20 is a video game.

WWE 2K20 Becky Lynch 4 Smash!

1585781106831.png

Goombaic

Smash Ace
I couldn't come up with a good hook, so here's a funny.
Happy April Fools'.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
At first I thought it might be unlikely for the ARMS character to be a bunch of costume alts like the koopalings, since all the ARMS fighters look so different. But I played the demo and now I don’t see why not.

The boxing gloves they all use are interchangeable, and all their standard moves are identical. Yea, they each have a special extra thing that sets them apart from the others, but it’s not so much that it’s unrealistic for a big part of the roster to be costume alts. I hope that ends up being the case because the quality and variety of character design is great.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Personally, I really don't want the Arms rep to get Bowser Jr'd. It completely takes away from the personality of the characters. Id much rather just have them pick one and take the risk of leaving someone's fave out then put them all in and have them all be generic

TheShiningAbsol

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I really don't want the Arms rep to get Bowser Jr'd. It completely takes away from the personality of the characters. Id much rather just have them pick one and take the risk of leaving someone's fave out then put them all in and have them all be generic
I think the worst case is that they would share attack animations. We already have alts that have different idles, taunts, and victory poses--our hypothetical ARMS reps could still show plenty of their personalities just in those animations. The attacks themselves wouldn't be a huge deal if they gave them a unified set of arms--which is admittedly not ideal--but I think it's an acceptable sacrifice.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
It would be great to have multiple ARMS characters in Smash Bros, but it would be better if it was done correctly. Don't want to have a bunch of characters in one if it means stripping away what makes them unique just so they can fit the same generic mold. I want Min Min and Twintelle badly but I want them to be represented properly.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Let's play a game. The "Arms Fighters can share a moveset" game.

Your most wanted gets in BUT
  • They share the slot with 3 other characters from their game (NOT series)
    • Your favorite character is not top billed, and whenever the moveset has to be compromised to work they always end up worse off than the others.
  • They must use the same moves
    • If one of them can't feasibly pull off a move then it's not allowed in their moveset,
    • They only have different voice lines and victory animations; their idle animations are slightly tweaked at best
  • None of them can have any gameplay elements that the others don't have
    • Additionally, because there's already 4 models in one slot, none of the characters can have alternate palettes that include model changes. Strictly recolours only.
With these in mind;
  1. How much does your most wanted lose in the process?
  2. What do you pick for their -ONE- alternate palette?
  3. Are you happy that they're in even if it means this is the best they'll ever get (ie they'll never be split off into clones, they might miss out on amiibo, etc)
My most wanted loses the potential for the best alt costumes in the game but I guess they get to share with their game's 15th (out of 18) most forgettable party member and the avatar in both male and female versions? There aren't any other dual gun/dual sword users so they have to double up the avatars who can use any weapon type. Ghost Factory and Shadowstrike are lost but they have equivalents in Ghost Walker and Back Slash, and Sliding Slinger gets to live as well. Alternate palette is the Ultra Regal version of her default since it's the closest to what her alternate costume would be.

I don't want a Phog amiibo, man. Phog sucks.

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

• Your favorite character is not top billed, and whenever the moveset has to be compromised to work they always end up worse off than the others.
    • If one of them can't feasibly pull off a move then it's not allowed in their moveset,
    • They only have different voice lines and victory animations; their idle animations are slightly tweaked at best
    • Additionally, because there's already 4 models in one slot, none of the characters can have alternate palettes that include model changes. Strictly recolours only.
With these in mind;
  3. Are you happy that they're in even if it means this is the best they'll ever get (ie they'll never be split off into clones, they might miss out on amiibo, etc)
My most wanted loses the potential for the best alt costumes in the game but I guess they get to share with their game's 15th (out of 18) most forgettable party member and the avatar in both male and female versions? There aren't any other dual gun/dual sword users so they have to double up the avatars who can use any weapon type. Ghost Factory and Shadowstrike are lost but they have equivalents in Ghost Walker and Back Slash, and Sliding Slinger gets to live as well. Alternate palette is the Ultra Regal version of her default since it's the closest to what her alternate costume would be.

Phoenix, Edgeworth, Apollo, and Athena.

The main thing we’d be missing is Maya, since she really only works with Phoenix, we can’t use her as apart of the move set like they did in marvel. But Hey I get Phoenix and Edgeworth, pretty sweet deal tbh.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

With these in mind;

Xion.

He has Roxas, Ven and Sora as alts.

Sora has his KH3 outfit as the default but a version of the outfit with the KH2 colors as an alt

Xion has an Organization cloak as her default, a white one with blonde hair (Namine) as an alt

Roxas has his KH2 outfit as his default but has a black version (358 outfit) as an alt

Ven's alt, aydunno.

Ven would have a different idle animation since he holds his blade differently than the other three.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

With these in mind;

For years, me and other Bandana Dee fans have argued that he's more than a generic enemy. How better to add him than spitting in the face of all that effort! Introducing Fp7: Waddle Dee, who has alts for Waddle Doo, Sailor Dee, and Bandana Dee. It's a very generic Waddle Dee moveset, mostly using the parasol. The Spearcopter and maybe a few other spear moves are all BDee brought to the table. And before anyone gets hope, Waddle Dee's stage is Dyna Blade's nest, featuring 15 new arrangements from Kirby Super Star and Kirby Air Ride (none of which are Marx's theme).

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
The differences between each ARMS character may seem small on paper, they dictate the entire character's playstyle almost regardless of the ARMS they use (the exceptions are pretty much just shield ARMS since the entire point of them is to be defensive). Even the two most basic characters, Spring Man and Ribbon Girl, are completely different. Spring Man is a very grounded fighter, always charging his ARMS and deflecting oncoming attacks. When he's in a bind, the elemental attributes on his ARMS become guaranteed. Ribbon Girl, on the other hand, uses her multiple jumps and fast falling in order to be extremely evasive, and she's one of the few characters that makes jumping a good idea in most cases. She's probably the most mobile as well.

To be thorough, Ninjara and Min Min also have unique playstyles attached. Ninjara's air dash is a teleport, so it's harder to read, and instead of shielding attacks, he pulls the same vanishing trick, allowing him to counterattack with ease. Admittedly this one makes the most since to water down because a character that can punish any and all attempts at shield pressure with nearly any attack is quite frankly not ok in Super Smash Bros. Still, there should be some way that this idea can be implemented. Perhaps his dodge roll & spot dodge could cause intangibility on frame 1, and/or have all their animations be the same so you can't tell where (if at all) he's rolling.

Min Min's two standout qualities are her ARM deflecting kick that she does during her air and back dashes, and her dragon ARM (the actual arm, not the glove). The kick is a good defensive tool in ARMS, since I don't believe dashes have i-frames. In Super Smash Bros. Ultimat, this would likely be translated to a hitbox added to her backward dodge roll and air dodge that doesn't hurt other fighters, but destroys projectiles (and perhaps projectile like attacks such as Joker's Gun or another Min Min's ARMS), and comes out faster than the i-frames of these moves. When Min Min charges her ARMS for long enough or successfully grabs an opponent, her left ARM becomes a dragon ARM, allowing her ARM to be fully charged until she is knocked down. This allows her to harass opponents with things like sweeping Dragon lasers and electric ARMS that will paralyze you if you get hit.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
RIP to Crashboards soon. Shame, because I enjoy the orange/black color scheme quite a bit

With these in mind;

My most wanted it Nathan Drake. He can share the spot with Chloe Frazier who gets top billing, Sam Drake, and... uh.... Sully? Yeah that'll do I guess. The color changes and moves shouldnt be too big of a deal.

1. He'll lose a little bit in the way of personality but not a ton maybe?
2. Don't really care what happens for the recolor since I'll use the default
3. Yeah, I'll take it because it means he got in and his chances are pretty low. I'd still buy the Chloe Amiibo and like it even if it's not Nate.

Kinda cheating since my most wanted has a special circumstance

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord

With these in mind;
It's a good day to be a fan of Arle-- wait. Well, I have a good idea of the one palette, it'd be Doppelganger Arle.

Define game. She's in several other games that feature the characters I'm thinking of.

Like, Amitie/Ringo/Ally is already a somewhat popular idea, and if Amitie's the lead character the abilities are close enough that it'd be more or less fine. But if we're going by debut, she has... got it way worse. Uh... Satan, Schezo, and... uh... um... well... er... eh... hm... Draco? And basically everything that makes her unique would be gone, replaced by somebody who not only isn't the protagonist but also has no business being the focus over Arle, and it doesn't get anywhere near working out because of proportions, the wings of Satan/Draco, the sword of Schezo and whatnot. Plus, because we switched from Puyo Puyo to Madou Monogatari (2: Episode Carbuncle), Arle would not only not have her Puyo Puyo design but not even feature anything from Puyo Puyo. And while I think it'd be beyond insane that Arle wasn't even the star even though people have been asking for her for years (especially in Japan), and she basically got an even bigger middle finger than Sonic, I think this is a case where beggars shouldn't be choosers.

...except me. I'd probably be really upset that Arle got ****ed over. Beggars can't be choosers, but I defy that logic and am a choosing beggar and I recognize missed potential and shoehorned nonsense for what it's worth.

I don't really think we're gonna get more than one ARMS character as our upcoming Fighter, anyway. I don't think it's IMPOSSIBLE, but I quite heavily doubt it because it'd either be giving powers to people who shouldn't have it, or take away what makes them them in favor of shoehorning in extra characters. And this thought experiment is pretty evocative of that. If these "compromises to fit more characters in because, well, they have the same gimmick so it's fine right?" don't fly for your most wanted's series, how could it for ARMS?

And just to be on the safe side, with Crash I can't even think of a fourth character who could fit. Fake Crash, Coco, and... we get stuck. With Lloyd, the same issue happens, where he always has one sword put away and fights like Kratos or Zelos. And Frisk only has one character they could work with, Chara. Paper Mario might outright have 0 characters: Luigi is the closest thing, and he doesn't use hammers or partners. Peach and Bowser would be atrocities in a Paper Mario moveset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom