• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
K I get this is a touchy subject

but

Any Mii costumes you guys think are missing from the game?

I'm legit confused as to why there are no Street Fighter Mii costumes. There are so many choices -- Guile, Dudley, Balrog, Vega (could even be a swordfighter), Zangief -- idk if they're planning another SF character, but I'm hoping that if Capcom gets more content in Smash we at least get some SF Mii costumes instead of more Mega Man costumes that all look the same.

Another is Shovel Knight -- Shovel Knight, Black Knight, Spectre Knight, and King Knight would all be good Sowrdfighters, and Plague Knight could be stretched into a Gunner. Once again, idk if they're planning a fighter for this series, but if they aren't, I'd like to be able to play as all these characters in some way.

toonito

Smash Ace
Hmm, if you could add a total of two more unique characters to one or two existing third-party franchises within Smash, but all other third-party franchises in the game who don't receive a character in this way would never again receive another playable character, which two would you add?

I would, personally, add Tatsuya to Persona and Terra to Final Fantasy, but I'm interested to hear what other peoples' viewpoints on such a question are.
Mega Man = Zero
Street Fighter = Chun-Li

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
...Can we just keep SmashBoards like this forever?

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Hmm, if you could add a total of two more unique characters to one or two existing third-party franchises within Smash, but all other third-party franchises in the game who don't receive a character in this way would never again receive another playable character, which two would you add?

I would, personally, add Tatsuya to Persona and Terra to Final Fantasy, but I'm interested to hear what other peoples' viewpoints on such a question are.
Bonk - Bonk
Kefka - Final Fantasy

SKX31

Smash Master
...Can we just keep SmashBoards like this forever?
Watch out, someday Tattoo Crash will get avatars here.

Probably when Activision-Blizzard buys out the site. And still winds up with 0 characters in Ultimate.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

but

I'm legit confused as to why there are no Street Fighter Mii costumes. There are so many choices -- Guile, Dudley, Balrog, Vega (could even be a swordfighter), Zangief -- idk if they're planning another SF character, but I'm hoping that if Capcom gets more content in Smash we at least get some SF Mii costumes instead of more Mega Man costumes that all look the same.

Another is Shovel Knight -- Shovel Knight, Black Knight, Spectre Knight, and King Knight would all be good Sowrdfighters, and Plague Knight could be stretched into a Gunner. Once again, idk if they're planning a fighter for this series, but if they aren't, I'd like to be able to play as all these characters in some way.
Final Fantasy - bring the Chocobo hat back, and if Sephiroth can’t be playable, make him a PreMiium Swordfighter with a One Winged Angel remix. (I want more PreMiium costumes that aren’t all Gunners and/or Indies).
Namco - Heihachi, Lloyd and Gil. Maybe with a new playable Namco character? Also Lloyd should come with a Tales Of track
Pokémon - Leon Brawler with the SwSh gym theme
Other franchises (all PreMiium) - Monokuma (Danganronpa; Brawler with an original Danganronpa Medley), Gunvolt (Gunner; Eternal Blue), Copen (Luminous Avenger iX; Gunner w/ the LAiX version of Igniter), Ori (Brawler; Restoring The Light Facing The Dark)

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
You know, even though the Flipnote rumors were fake, I have to give them credit for Giftpia. That's some good taste there, at least.

Also, it's become hell to distinguish people, so I might as well take the opportunity to change my pfp lol.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
In 2018 we did Ridleyboards and that E3 saw Ridley be confirmed for Smash.

Y'all know what time it is now. :p

andree123

Smash Ace
So, I realized that Rex's Japanese voice actor voiced a character in FEH earlier.

Does this mean that we're getting Rex in the fighters pass vol. 2 soon?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Anywho, in the spirit of today, here's my Crash moveset for anyone who hasn't read it.
When Crash appears on the stage, Aku Aku appears beside him, floating in the background beside Crash.

Jab - A quick spin with very little start up, being a frame one or two jab. Mainly used as a get-off-me tool, as per Crash's home games.

Dash Attack - Crash dives forward, with his whole head and torso acting as a hit box.

Up Tilt - Crash pulls a gem out from hammerspace, spinning it on his finger above his head like a basketball, before it disappears. This is a multihit move.

Side Tilt - Crash extends one hand outward and spins on one heel, delivering an exaggerated clothesline-styled slap.

Down Tilt - Crash gets down and performs his slide kick move, similar to Mega Man.

Up Smash - Crash leaps up in the air and does a pose, while Aku Aku flies above him and flies in a small circle rapidly, knocking back anyone who touches him.

Side Smash - Crash pulls out a crystal and starts winding up, holding it like a baseball bat, shaking his hips with his tongue sticking out. Upon release he swings the crystal. If it connects it makes the "crystal obtained" noise.

Down Smash - Crash leaps up in a prone position. While in the air, he spins once, drawing nearby enemies closer, and then slams down on the ground with a body slam. This move creates a small shockwave of splash damage around Crash even outside the area of impact, similar to Byleth's down special with Aymr.

Neutral Air - Crash kicks his legs out on both sides of him, doing a sort of midair split while facing the screen. His legs stretch out a bit more than normal due to his cartoonish nature. This is an exaggerated version of his double jump pose.

Forward Air - Crash faces forward and rapidly spins with his arms outstretched. Stylistically similar to Falco's forward air.

Back Air - Crash kicks out both of his legs behind him in a drop kick, similar to Bowser's.

Up Air - Crash flips upside down and does a corkscrew-like kick above him, similar to Samus's up air or Terry's Rising Tackle.

Down Air - A body slam, but unlike the down smash, this one doesn't have the initial spin. Crash just rapidly falls downward. However, should an opponent be hit at the very start of the move, they will get meteor smashed.

Pummel - Crash grabs the opponent and headbutts them.

Forward Throw - Crash grabs the opponent with a single hand, swings them behind their back, and then throws them in front of him, similar to how someone might throw a boomerang. This is meant to show off Crash's Herculean strength.

Back Throw - Crash grabs the opponent with two hands and rapidly spins before throwing them back, similar to Mario.

Up Throw - Crash picks up the opponent and slam dunks them on top of an Arrow Crate, which then launches them skyward with the "Wumpa Fruit fling" sound effect.

Down Throw - Crash hits the enemy with a flying elbow as a big cartoony fight cloud appears over them, before the grabbed opponent is launched away.

Neutral Special: Death Tornado Spin - By just tapping this move, Crash does a quick spin, like in his jab, but slightly longer and with a different sound effect. However, holding the move will make it become the Death Tornado Spin, which can be held for much longer, does more damage, and allows Crash to move while spinning. As well, the move can reflect projectiles, and if it overlaps an item, including crates produced by Crash's down special, it will fling them forward at the opponent. However, the move does have quite a bit of end lag as Crash overcomes his dizziness. A powerful move with multiple uses, including aiding in horizontal recovery, but it isn't without its drawbacks.

Side Special: Fruit Bazooka - Crash pulls out his bazooka and takes aim. Crash cannot move while using this, but when activated, a reticle appears on the screen. Using the control stick, you can aim the reticle, and pressing the special button again will launch a Wumpa Fruit. This is a fast projectile with considerable power, though Crash is wide open while using the move. The move can be cancelled, however, with a press of the jump or shield buttons, or if Crash is hit during the move.

Up Special: Flying Platform - A small platform appears below Crash and brings him upward, with Crash raising a finger as if to say "up." The platform travels a set distance upward, but Crash can leap off it at any point and isn't put into helpless.

Down Special: TNT Crate - Pressing down special causes Crash to somehow pull a TNT Crate out of his pocket and place it in front of him on the ground. At this point, if anyone touches or jumps on the crate, a three second timer will begin and when it reaches zero, the crate explodes. Attacking the crate will also cause it to explode prematurely, including when hit by Fruit Bazooka. Smashing down special instead will produce a Nitro Crate, which will explode on contact with anything, even if it's not an attack. Up to two Crates can be one the stage at once per Crash (two TNTs, two Nitros, or one of each). Using this in the air will cause it to fall in front of Crash a set distance before exploding.

Final Smash: Aku Aku's Protection - Aku Aku flies in front of Crash and Crash dons him on his face, the iconic power up music playing all the while. He then charges forward and, if he hits the opponent, a cutscene will play wherein Crash rapidly spins into them. As they stay there, dazed, Aku Aku then removes himself from Crash's face and launches a massive, powerful laser at the opponent, causing them to take a huge amount of knockback.

Taunts:
Up Taunt - Crash gets down on one knee with his arms stretched overhead and says "Ta-da!"

Side Taunt - Crash takes out his yo-yo and does a trick.

Down Taunt - Aku Aku flies around Crash as Crash claps his hands.

Victory Animations:
Victory 1 - The Crash Dance. There's no way this ISN'T one of his victory poses.

Victory 2 - Crash hits his chest with his fist before throwing up a crystal, like in his home series...or so he thinks. Instead of a crystal, he throws up a Smash Ball and stares at it, wide-eyed.

Victory 3 - Crash rides in on Polar before hitting a rock, causing Crash to fly in the air and face plant into the ground. Polar then just sort of pokes at Crash's face down body until you leave the result screen.

Losing Screen - Instead of clapping, Crash is pelted over the head with an unending stream of falling crates.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Chun-Li and Terra Branford

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
WOAH!

Now this is a cool april fools joke of a cool character. So when are we getting that rumored Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex remaster?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
WOAH!

Now this is a cool april fools joke of a cool character. So when are we getting that rumored Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex remaster?
So speaking of that, turns out it was a bit of telephone-style jumping the gun. It's a new game that seemingly takes some inspiration from Wrath of Cortex, not a Wrath of Cortex remaster.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
So speaking of that, turns out it was a bit of telephone-style jumping the gun. It's a new game that seemingly takes some inspiration from Wrath of Cortex, not a Wrath of Cortex remaster.
Huh

If that's the case then I'm all up for it since it's been a long time since a new Crash game released, though I do wonder what sort of inspirations they're taking from Wrath of Cortex.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
In 2018 we did Ridleyboards and that E3 saw Ridley be confirmed for Smash.

Y'all know what time it is now. :p
Time to put on my tinfoil hat: The admins had inside info on Ridley all along, and that was their way of leaking Ridley. Now they have inside info on Crash.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I for one welcome our new crash overlords. And I’ll remind them as a devoted supporter, I can help round up people to participate in their wumpa plantations. /s

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Here's a little customization game we can play. Make your ideal pass using one character from each of the five lists.

1st Third-party
Rayman

2nd Third-party
2nd Sonic the Hedgehog character (TAILS)

"Promotional" Character
Sword and Shield rep (Your choice)

Give the People What They Want
Sora

The Big Surprise
Frogger.

I have to admit that I wasnt sure why they were categorized in this way- but here's my choice between them. Let's keep playing.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Here's a little customization game we can play. Make your ideal pass using one character from each of the five lists.

1st Third-party
Rayman
Professor Layton
Dante
Phoenix Wright
Steve

2nd Third-party
Reimu
KOS-MOS
Arle Nadja
Lloyd Irving
2nd Sonic the Hedgehog character

"Promotional" Character
Three Houses rep (Your choice)
Astral Chain rep (Your choice)
Ring Fit Adventurer
Gooigi
Sword and Shield rep (Your choice)

Give the People What They Want
Geno
Master Chief
Sora
Waluigi
Issac

The Big Surprise
Any character who you want but don't expect.
Rayman (Ubisoft deserves a rep tbh even tho I want Dante vs Bayo)
Shadow The Edgehog (the others on that list are bleh)
Astral Chain (because platinum, I’d actually pick Paper Mario)
Master Chief (it’s time to mix things up a little)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

but

My whole list comprises of the new upgraded Mii Fighter styles (Because honestly, I dont even know what other ones there are- the uncanny nature of them always disturbed me).

So characters like STEVE, HATBOY, QUOTE, MADELINE (celeste)...

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
if after this Crash doesn't make it in i'm blaming the site irrationally
CrashBoards is supposed to be about both Crash Bandicoot and the site crashing.

Game-crashing bugs confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom