• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
So we don't know where they're from, how we even heard of it, or who it is, and somehow at the same time we know it's a Discord server hacker?
Thats all we know.

We got pokemon music leaks and flipnote studio pics. Whether this a April fools joke or not we were given believable content.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
kinda wild how if it's fake then the leaker dug deep enough to find giftpia of all games

it's the weird little nintendo-y details like scurvo and gftpia that makes me humour it

also the flipnote UI itself lookin kinda clean but a talented artist or team of artists can still fake that given the inclination
Dude, if an artist can make CacaMallow or the Grinch poster, a fake UI is more than possible. Not that every picture is fake, but team skeptical is the chad alignment to go for right now.

Thats all we know.

We got pokemon music leaks and flipnote studio pics. Whether this a April fools joke or not we were given believable content.
Oh god, did Omni own us again? :216:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Oh, it's the time of year again where we have a leak at our hands where we can't say for certain if it has some legitimacy to it, or if it's faked? Neat. Can't wait to see what the consensus will be by the time I wake up again.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Galaxy brain move: releasing a legit leak on April 1, when ppl are less likely to take it seriously because it's April Fools only to see their surprise when it's legit

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Galaxy brain move: releasing a legit leak on April 1, when ppl are less likely to take it seriously because it's April Fools only to see their surprise when it's legit
for what it's worth, the flipnote leaks surfaced on the 29th

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
iirc, this is exactly what happened with Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee

Last edited:

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's not like it's a very exciting leak tbh. It's Flipnote and S/S music. If we don't get the former I don't think anybody is going to be too broken up, and the latter will happen regardless. Moreover, the games within the Flipnote pic are already heavily rumoured anyway, other than Giftpia, the absence of which, again, I don't think will bring anyone to tears.

It's not like there's been anything Smash-related divulged.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
shoutout to the one guy on resetera in all the "oh **** e3" buzz just like "yoooooo flipnote???"

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
This is what McLeod Gaming did with Sandbag. It was great.

Last year they made a joke about Battlefield and Final Destination becoming playable. I wonder what they'll do this year...

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
While there's a picture of Ribbon Girl, there's nothing about the pic that points toward it being for Smash. it could for a hypothetical ARMS 2 for all we know.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Chibi Robo also had a Flipnote animation in the leak as well...

BBC88FA0-DD53-4AB5-BE61-3295752B93BF.jpeg

Please... stop taunting me Nintendo.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I apparently missed it, and going back some pages yielded me no results. Where is the Ribbon Girl picture? Was it among that picture with 6 different things at once and I overlooked the details?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Fake. Nintendo isn't going to promote a series they murdered.
There's always a chance they finally realized how stupid it was to release a small game completely different from the others in one of their smaller franchises and put the franchise's future on the game's sales.

or they still wanted to use different characters they own including Chibi-Robo when showing off the animation and didn't actually care about giving them new games...

masterluigi1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2623-2545
And if it is Ribbon Girl this will debunk the spirits deconfirmation and Mii costume deconfirmation. The latter boosting Rex's chances and anyone who are spirits.
that's more of a made up fan rule. it applys for the base game not for dlc, which is an afterthought. rex or any other spirts chances won't change either way.
practically every single relevant first party rep is a spirit.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Sometimes I wonder if fans would legitimately be upset if Zacian got in as the Gen 8 rep. Technically it qualifies as another blue-haired anime swordsman.
Pokemon is long overdue for its first anime swordsman. Bring in Sirfetch'd.
865Sirfetch'd.png

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
No one broke a shelf when this character got revealed, must be a bad addition
To be fair...the shelf breaking guy had passed away before that character was revealed...

You honestly couldn't convince me any of his reactions are faked or exaggerated. Even the ones where he really freaks out (Cloud in Smash and Geese in Tekken come to mind), it's in proportion with the passion he's always expressed for those games
His Cloud reaction is just...the purest thing ever.

Even so there are still over 1.5x more likes than dislikes.
Which is, like, 10x the dislikes of any other Smash reveal.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
jig is up, the tracks are april fool's pranks. this is a star wars remix

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Just picked up my copy of FF7R in Australia.

It makes me wish Tifa was a fighter in Smash.

It ain't happening but she would be fun to use.

Fast and hard hitting like Little Mac but with a better recovery and competitively viable would be great.

One can dream...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Just picked up my copy of FF7R in Australia.

It makes me wish Tifa was a fighter in Smash.

It ain't happening but she would be fun to use.

Fast and hard hitting like Little Mac but with a better recovery and competitively viable would be great.

One can dream...
I just wish she was in the game at all...

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I think we can put the Flipnote thing to rest. April has arrived after all.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I think we can put the Flipnote thing to rest. April has arrived after all.
I will say it was more of the entertaining fake leaks that’s been produced. Using a new Flipnote as a framing device and pulling some real obscure references, along with UI looking pretty professional, I give it points for creativity.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
dang.

Nothing really on it I was personally hoping for (except for Pikmin and a new Chibi-Robo would've been excellent) but dang.

I hope the Mario stuff that started out small and recently broke through a dam turns out true at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom