• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
What is interesting are the pics within Flipnote.

Seems this is/was to be related with the E3 Direct, as per Koizumi(?) in the top left pic (he's saying the equivalent for Flipnote, fwiw). With that are pics of Metroid, Pikmin, and Paper Mario (all rumoured titles), Kubfu in Mystery Dungeon (DLC?) and... uh... GiFTPiA. Which would be one of the most random series to revive/remake, but... alright. Not like I've ever played it.

And to keep this topical, I wonder if the leakers will stumble upon and disclose Smash info before Nintendo eats them.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Seems this is/was to be related with the E3 Direct, as per Koizumi(?) in the top left pic (he's saying the equivalent for Flipnote, fwiw). With that are pics of Metroid, Pikmin, and Paper Mario (all rumoured titles), Kubfu in Mystery Dungeon (DLC?) and... uh... GiFTPiA. Which would be one of the most random series to revive/remake, but... alright. Not like I've ever played it.

And to keep this topical, I wonder if the leakers will stumble upon and disclose Smash info before Nintendo eats them.
I hope they find info on Xenoblade X Definitive before Nintendo busts down their doors...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I hope they find info on Xenoblade X Definitive before Nintendo busts down their doors...
Somehow I kind of doubt Nintendo is going to reveal XCXDE weeks after the release of XCDE. It's not like it's Xenoblade's 35th anniversary.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

I'm guessing that these pics are only showing stuff from the Direct that had been revealed up until the Flipnote announcement.

Also, can anyone tell me what characters they see in the Paper Mario pic? I see Goombella, Vivian, and Bobbery, but I'm pretty sure that's Kersti in the front.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I'm guessing that these pics are only showing stuff from the Direct that had been revealed up until the Flipnote announcement.

Also, can anyone tell me what characters they see in the Paper Mario pic? I see Goombella, Vivian, and Bobbery, but I'm pretty sure that's Kersti in the front.
I think Kooper's there as well.

EDIT: The one in the back looks like a Koopa too so I'd say Koops is also there.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
You know, I always found it odd that there was no Flipnote Frog spirit in the base game since Flipnote Studio was kind of a big app for the DSI and a little bit for the 3DS.

If this leak is real then I suppose we'll probably see a spirit event for it sometime down the line...

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
You know, I always found it odd that there was no Flipnote Frog spirit in the base game since Flipnote Studio was kind of a big app for the DSI and a little bit for the 3DS.

If this leak is real then I suppose we'll probably see a spirit event for it sometime down the line...
Perhaps an E3 spirit event with spirits from most of the games involved (at least from Nintendo).

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Where did this Flipnote picture even come from? What's the source?

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master

and... uh... GiFTPiA. Which would be one of the most random series to revive/remake, but... alright. Not like I've ever played it.
Kenichi Nishis other game Moon: Remix RPG Adventure got ported on switch recently so perhaps he wants his other games ported as well.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So evidence is leaning towards Ribbon Girl?

Can't argue with that. Plus not only an DLC female rep but an 1st party one to boot as well.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And if it is Ribbon Girl this will debunk the spirits deconfirmation and Mii costume deconfirmation. The latter boosting Rex's chances and anyone who are spirits.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

I saw the other picture first. I thought it was fake, but now that I see something I want (PMD news) I think it's real. That's how it works, right?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
its private
man, this is a lot of inconvenience for a private discord server that wanted to show the world their leak

it wont go into the trash just yet, but this sounds pretty sus so far

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
So, I just realized something. It's completely anecdotal and probably amounts to jack ****, but during the ARMS reveal, they showed all of the characters, but two had more screen space than the others in particular:

Could just be due to Spring Man and Ribbon Girl being the box art mascots... but combined with how hush-hush they're being about this may hint at the fact that the reveal could be unexpected, in a way. What if we get our first DLC Echo fighter? ARMS already has content in the base game, meaning less DLC Spirits, so it would significantly stretch (he he) the content for the series in-game. These two are similar enough to work as echoes, especially considering their main ARMS are glove-types with different elements.

Just wanted to throw the idea out there.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

All of this seems sketchy if it's anonymous. I've seen my share of well done fake leaks.

If someone could hack it, then multiple hackers should be able to verify it. Until then, it's a wait and see.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Kenichi Nishis other game Moon: Remix RPG Adventure got ported on switch recently so perhaps he wants his other games ported as well.
It's not really up to him, Giftpia is a Nintendo IP.

So evidence is leaning towards Ribbon Girl?

Can't argue with that. Plus not only an DLC female rep but an 1st party one to boot as well.
Not even a little. A random picture on Flipnote is not evidence.

I saw the other picture first. I thought it was fake, but now that I see something I want (PMD news) I think it's real. That's how it works, right?
Nailed it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Not even a little. A random picture on Flipnote is not evidence.
Ah I must had misinterpreted as usual then. Figured this was tied to this so called hacker that was thrown around.
So, I just realized something. It's completely anecdotal and probably amounts to jack ****, but during the ARMS reveal, they showed all of the characters, but two had more screen space than the others in particular:

Could just be due to Spring Man and Ribbon Girl being the Box Art Mascots... but combined with how hush-hush they're being about this may hint at the fact that the reveal could be unexpected, in a way. What if we get our first DLC Echo fighter? ARMS already has content in the base game, meaning less DLC Spirits, so it would significantly stretch (he he) the content for the series in-game. These two are similar enough to work as echoes, especially considering their main ARMS are glove-types with different elements.

Just wanted to throw the idea out there.
That'd be great. Imagine if 4 of the six DLC fighters of this pass had echoes of their own to round up 90 (92) playable fighters. :grin:

While at it too have Springtron replace Spring Man's role as an assist.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
man, this is a lot of inconvenience for a private discord server that wanted to show the world their leak

it wont go into the trash just yet, but this sounds pretty sus so far
Staying anonymous is pretty good idea if you're doing a highly illegal activity such as hacking a rich corperations servers

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Staying anonymous is pretty good idea if you're doing a highly illegal activity such as hacking a rich corperations servers
what isn't a good idea is leaking it on the internet if you're doing a highly illegal activity such as hacking a rich corporations servers

where was this even found, 4chan?

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
If Ribbon Girl is a playable character in any capacity, then Spring Man is the only other character I'd place money on. Those two are the only ones who I could definitely see being given the male/female alt treatment.

Of course, I'm not putting too much stock into this because I've yet to have seen anything that involves Smash.

Playstation Guy 1000

Smash Journeyman

seems pretty unlikely but let's wait and see.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
what isn't a good idea is leaking it on the internet if you're doing a highly illegal activity such as hacking a rich corporations servers

where was this even found, 4chan?
They took the risk and are hiding the foot steps. Seems natural to me.

I Dont know

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
oh god these stupid flipnote "leaks" that can't be traced to any source but EVERYONE insists they're from a hacker, as if saying it enough times makes it real

we've had elaborate fake leaks before, and they always come from the aether rather than any actual definable source like this stupid thing has.

edit: here's the thread it seems to originate from
https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/501353786
here are some choice quotes about where it's "actually" from
>Where is the image from?
>>Nintendo's official servers. Hackers found it before it was officially released.
>>This leak is a week old. April Fools pranks don't come that early. Plus theres a lot of merit to the it, including accurate Japanese, and coincidences that occurred after this was posted.
Everyone trying to claim its real provides no proof, they just try to make it sound good.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
They took the risk and are hiding the foot steps. Seems natural to me.

I Dont know
So we don't know where they're from, how we even heard of it, or who it is, and somehow at the same time we know it's a Discord server hacker?

Hm, we've played this episode before, but a Grinch special.

1585695419190.png

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
kinda wild how if it's fake then the leaker dug deep enough to find giftpia of all games

it's the weird little nintendo-y details like scurvo and gftpia that makes me humour it

also the flipnote UI itself lookin kinda clean but a talented artist or team of artists can still fake that given the inclination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom