• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
Alrighty everyone the time has come! Put your tinfoil hats on who do you think the other fighters for the pass will be?

FP6: ARMS character/s (Confirmed; I’m saying Ribbon Girl or Min Min.)
FP7: Rex & Pyra
FP8: Heihachi Mishima
FP9: Pokémon from Sword & Shield
FP10: Paper Mario
FP11: Sora

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Alrighty everyone the time has come! Put your tinfoil hats on who do you think the other fighters for the pass will be?

Assuming four of the six comes with Echoes to fill all the remaining 10 WoL slots in one go
FP6: Min Min
FP6e: Ninjara
FP7: Neku Sakuraba
FP8: Octoling (NOT AN ECHO)
FP9: Elma
FP9e: Mecha-Fiora
FP10: Arle Nadja
FP10e: Amitie
FP11: KOS-MOS
FP11e: T-elos

Three first parties, three third parties, two first party echoes, two third party echoes

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
D

Deleted member

Hey people! I've been quite busy celebrating a lot of stuff at the Social Thread and playing as a certain family in UA3, but now I feel I can share my thoughts on FP6.

Honestly: I'm quite excited about them. Arms was a really fun game from the concept alone, and getting a rep in Smash would allow us to have another fun and creative pick for the roster. That without saying the concept of a character who can extend their arms and such could have some decent potential.
It is also the closest I'll get to Mr.Fantastic in Smash XD

I also appreciate the fact we got a pick from really recent years. I feel one of the most cautivational elements of Smash Ultimate is the fact the series brings many franchises from all decades of gaming into a single place, and Arms being in does really help represent the most recent era of gaming. Something I really appreciate.

That's basically It, I'm also quite excited for XC1HD.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Here's how likely I consider each ARMS character. Characters aren't ordered within tiers

my-image-1.png

Those in tier S are consistently being promoted whenever ARMS is brought up, so I think those are our safest bets.

Anyone in tier C is someone I can't see getting in Smash, like, at all. I don't think Nintendo would choose them to represent the ARMS franchise. I wouldn't say they're impossible, but extremely unlikely.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137

FP6: Spring Man if the AT isn't an issue; Ribbon Girl if it is
FP7: Rex
FP8: Waluigi if ATs are fair game; Rillaboom/Cinderace/Intelleon/Urshifu if they're not
FP9: Heihachi Mishima
FP10: Dante

Corbin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
I think they're going for a Bowser Jr. type character, with 8 different skins. Or at least, that's my dream. I loved ARMS, and am super excited to see it represented. Can't wait to see what they pick for stage, and the music!

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Going to be perfectly honest I think people are sleeping on a Xenoblade 1 character for a multitude of reasons:

-Xenoblade 1 is back in the line of relevancy while 2 has seemed to have rotated out of it, Nintendo seems to be focusing their efforts on promoting it rather than 2 so it'd seem weird for them to suddenly choose a character from a game they haven't really been investing in as of recently
-The characters from 1 such as Fiora and Melia have completely unique kits and many traits that are distinctly to them, the former being a twin-blade wielder that can use drones and the other being a staff-wielder who can use ether and elemental attacks, while Rex is cool he mostly fills a standard sword user archetype even with Pyra/Mythra who mostly add elemental properties to his moves, and considering all the other DLC characters have been much more than that (Like Hero having a command deck/Mana Points and Byleth having the Hero's Relics) I'm not sure if it's something they'd go for
-Going back to the subject of Fiora, she already has assets in the game already via Shulk's Final Smash, considering we're getting a character from ARMS, and Chrom is in Robin's Final Smash, reusing assets doesn't seem too farfetched but said model would need to be polished up
-There are a couple Spirits from Xenoblade that were featured as trophies in Smash 4 are not in Ultimate, these could be included with the Challenger Pack and additionally the rearranged tracks in Definitive Edition could be included as tracks in the Challenger Pack

Overall I think timing is in a Xenoblade 1 character's favor more than someone from 2, but who really knows, it just depends on if Nintendo is willing to revisit marketing 2 despite them currently focusing on marketing 1.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

At this point I don't know...

blackghost

Smash Champion
t
That's actually not a teleport. It's invisibility on wakeup, and I think after blocking for a bit.
even if its not a teleport in arms it might be in smash. i hope sakurai and the balance team wouldnt put invisibility ina base characters moveset.

slrigeigdew

Smash Journeyman
I think they're going for a Bowser Jr. type character, with 8 different skins. Or at least, that's my dream. I loved ARMS, and am super excited to see it represented. Can't wait to see what they pick for stage, and the music!
I'm also gonna jump on the bandwagon that the character is "ARMS", as in 8 characters from arms in the vein of Bowser Jr.
Do you guys have an idea on how that would work? iirc the only fighters in ARMS that share a similar build and abilities are Springman and SpringTron.

Maybe it's like Pokemon trainer and you can switch between multiple fighters?

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I feel the ARMS character will be an amalgamation of each of them, taking elements from all of them.

I literally can't see it not being Spring-Man being the ARMS character, he's the main guy after all.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Hopes and Dreams:

FP6: ARMS character (I'm guessing Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Ninjara, and Min-Min in one composite a la Hero)
FP7: Phoenix Wright
FP8: Dixie Kong
FP9: Rex & Pyra/Mythra
FP10: Chun-Li

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I think the top 5 likeliest are Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Max Brass, Twintelle, and Helix. I think the first three could all serve as "standard" mascot picks; Spring Man and Ribbon Girl really are the mascots (although Spring Man more so) and Max Brass is the head of the ARMS League. Twintelle is by far the most popular character and Helix I think they could do the most with. IMO it really depends on what route they're looking for with the character, but if it's Helix or Twintelle I'll be ecstatic.

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Wouldn't have guessed ARMS. Paired with the whole "Nintendo Online subscribers get to play the whole game for free" idk how people don't see this as a marketing ploy to try and get a second wind out of a franchise they wished was a second Splatoon. The game came out when the Switch was still shaky but now that the install base is over 50 million and Smash has sold over 15 million, I can see why they'd want to try and attract new players to ARMS. I'm personally hoping it's Ribbon Girl, Twintelle, or Min Min since Spring Man is the most boring thing ever and honestly I could see them not choosing Spring Man for that reason.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
It’s cool we’re getting an ARMS character, but that direct ****ing sucked. There aren’t that many interesting games coming out this year. Sometimes I wonder if the console was worth it just for Smash.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

fighterspass2guess3(edea).png

though after thinking it over a bit, I'm leaning towards Min Min for the ARMS slot

Krankees

Smash Ace
According to Google translate, the ARMS character was a production request.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
even if its not a teleport in arms it might be in smash. i hope sakurai and the balance team wouldnt put invisibility ina base characters moveset.
It only lasts a few seconds, and I believe immediately uninvizes you if you attack. Since it only happens if you block for a few seconds, tech, or neutral get up, I could see it being fairly balanced in a way that allows you to do a bit of mind games without being broken or unwieldy.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
What does that mean?

zferolie

Smash Hero
Assuming four of the six comes with Echoes to fill all the remaining 10 WoL slots in one go
FP6: Min Min
FP6e: Ninjara
FP7: Neku Sakuraba
FP8: Octoling (NOT AN ECHO)
FP9: Elma
FP9e: Mecha-Fiora
FP10: Arle Nadja
FP10e: Amitie
FP11: KOS-MOS
FP11e: T-elos

Three first parties, three third parties, two first party echoes, two third party echoes
So we thinking we will be getting echos just to fill out the WoL spots? how many spots we need still, just 4? that leavbes us with almost 90 characters in the game? nutty

Playstation Guy 1000

Smash Journeyman
Arms being the first FP2 character/franchise tells me that FP2 is probably going to focus more on first party since this pass is getting a smaller budget/team than the first pass.

zferolie

Smash Hero

Tinfoil hat time lets go!

FP6: ARMS character(With Min Min, Ribbon Girl, or a Hero situation with Ribbon Girl, Spring Man, Min Min, and Ninjara)
FP7: Shantae
FP8: Rex and Pyra
FP9: Crash
FP10: Reimu
FP11: Geno

IF we have 4 echos coming to fill out WoL spots.

Miss Pac Man(Echo of Pac Man)
Coco(Echo of Crash)
Octolings(Echo of Inklings)
Impa(Echo of Shiek)

Arms being the first FP2 character/franchise tells me that FP2 is probably going to focus more on first party since this pass is getting a smaller budget/team than the first pass.
There hasn't been any word to show how much Budget or team size smash has for this anywhere

pinshadow

Smash Lord
The Arms character just raises more questions than answers. Why did Nintendo request this? The game is 3 years old, stopped getting updates years ago, and wasn't THAT popular. Was this a request from the ARMS team? Or are they working on an Arms 2 and Nintendo just wants to shill that? Doubt it. Why not even tell us who the character is? It has to be someone from the 15 they showed right? Is it going to be an upgrade? Maybe, but since they didn't tell us we have to spend the next 2-3 months talking about whether it is. Maybe there will be an echo or multiple characters as alts?

Hopefully Sakurai can clear atleast something up in his column soon.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Man

I didn't think that they'd go first party again

I didn't think they'd pick something that'd get me more hyped than Byleth

But here were are. I am legit super excited right now, and the best part? I love all the ARMS cast, so I'm happy with whoever we get. :D

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Something I just thought about: If I'm not mistaken, I don't think there were any leaks saying that FP6 would be a character from ARMS, unless there is some obscure leak on /v/ that said something on ARMS or some last minute leak somewhere.
Does anyone think along with the ARMS rep we'll also have FP7 revealed?
I mean, it's possible, but it depends on if we'll get a double reveal in a Direct this June or we're only getting the ARMS fighter that month.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team

My thoughts on this change pretty much everyday but I'll give it a go.

FP6: Either a koopaling situation with 8 of the most popular Arms characters or, my bold prediction, the mascot for Arms 2.
FP7: Travis Touchdown
FP8: Rex
FP9: Crash Bandicoot
FP10: Gen 8 Pokemon
FP11: Geno

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Yeah this is kinda why I think a Xenoblade character may be a lock

Especially since it’s the series anniversary this year Nintendo is gonna wanna push it HARD

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So we thinking we will be getting echos just to fill out the WoL spots? how many spots we need still, just 4? that leavbes us with almost 90 characters in the game? nutty
shame we couldn't reach 100, but 90 is good enough

Yeah this is kinda why I think a Xenoblade character may be a lock

Especially since it’s the series anniversary this year Nintendo is gonna wanna push it HARD
Crazy idea: one of the packs that isn't FP8 cause that's reserved for Octoling because 8 will be a Xenoblade dedicated pack with Elma, Mecha-Fiora as her echo, an X stage, a general Xenoblade Spirit Board including more 1, X, 2 and Torna spirits, and a HUGE music collection of X, 2, DE and Torna tunes

I NEED THIS.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
As I said earlier, I’m seeing this as a “reintroduction” for the series. They announce ARMS is coming to Smash, then immediately after say, “Check out the game yourself!”.

If that isn’t an attempt to get people playing the game, I don’t know what is. Smash sells, my dudes. ARMS is a 3 year old game, yes. But it’s a game that didn’t do as well as others, and Smash brings a prime opportunity to advertise a game and turn it into a success. There’s something to be said when somebody can look at a game and say, “Oh, that character is in Smash!”. It would help ARMS for sure.

Makes sense to me anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom