• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Seems like there's no direct. Shame. Even if there would be no Smash news, I am still eager for Bayo 3 stuff.

Oh well, I've got Persona 5 Royal now anyway so it's not all too bad.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Yeah, I really want a Direct even if no fighter reveal. I wanna see what Nintendo has planned. Shame that there won't be one later today
You know, with how the last 3 months have been for me with Nintendo announcements, that WOULD be what happens

• Announcement? Here's an indie direct
  • VGA's? Oops, we forgot, heres some (admittedly awesome) third party stuff
  • Direct? Here's your 30 dollar DLC pack for a game you thought was unfinished and underwhelming at launch.
  • Fighter 5? Here's Byleth, see you in 2-4 months for character 6, don't forget to buy the pass, enjoy the salt!
  • Direct Now? Here's 25 minutes on the one new game we actually have coming out this year that you personally don't care at all about?
  • Direct Now? BACK TO THE INDIE DIRECT
It's just frustrating because it feels like we've had nothing interesting to talk about coming up for months Nintendo wise. Got plenty of stuff to play everywhere else, but I'm just looking at my Switch wondering what to even do with it right now. I wouldn't entirely mind no Smash announcement if they actually have exciting things to show for 2020.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
what if they legit just have nothing to show this year

Like super mario odyssey was finished for 10 months but they only released it in decemeber because they knew it would be better to space releases
so its possible that animal crossing did not need the 3 month delay and they simply knew if it came out decemember, 2020 would look even more empty

Last edited:

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace

Like super mario odyssey was finished for 10 months but they only released it in decemeber because they knew it would be better to space releases
so its possible that animal crossing did not need the 3 month delay and they simply knew if it came out decemember, 2020 would look even more empty
I doubt that is the case since Nintendo typically has a couple of big holiday games and even releases a few games during the summer and there are likely a number of third party ports that have yet to be revealed yet.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
we still know jack **** about the xenoblade remaster
no more heroes 3 is still in development
breath of the wild 2 is in development
smash bros obviously has DLC in the works

and there's probably a lot of games that have yet to be announced and future DLC for games (like new **** for animal crossing)

zferolie

Smash Hero

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/501288125914677250/692714041025757266/vxcvxcvxcas.png
Well, papagenos got a rumor that Dante will be coming in the shadowdropped direct.
Sounds like fake info to me since we already got the other megaman mii costumes since the lastest update.
how is that tied to Dante? it could be any dead like character?

Still, That Jeff guy seems so certain that we are getting something today that I almost belive it. Or at least he belives it, like trusts his sources who could be wrong

osby

Smash Obsessed
Well, papagenos got a rumor that Dante will be coming in the shadowdropped direct.
Might worth keeping in mind-

papagenos
Nevermind.

Also, Megaman costumes don't disconfirm a Capcom character. They can come with all original costumes like Hero did.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Might worth keeping in mind-

Nevermind.

Also, Megaman costumes don't disconfirm a Capcom character. They can come with all original costumes like Hero did.
already deco9nfirmed. that was fast.,

So if we MAY get a shadowdropped direct, what would be the times? can't be the middle of the night for japan, so within the hour or so, or later this evening?

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
already deco9nfirmed. that was fast.,

So if we MAY get a shadowdropped direct, what would be the times? can't be the middle of the night for japan, so within the hour or so, or later this evening?
The papa g aspect probably bull but the Jeff stuff yet to be confirmed

zferolie

Smash Hero
More and more people are thinking there will be a shadowdropped mini direct...

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd really love a Direct so I can stop waiting for one thing and start waiting for something else.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
**** dude, I need to find a 3D model of a shotgun and send it to him telling him that Doom Slayer is confirmed next direct. :rolleyes:

Papa said its fake
The fact that he gave it attention is enough for the person behind it.

zferolie

Smash Hero
So the next fighter is from Arms… Maybe Rex has a chance after all...?
It depends on who it is. If is Spring Man, then all Assist trophies are open. If its Ribbon Girl Rex is open. If its one of the ones thats a Spirit then all spirits are open

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If it’s a fighter from ARMS, and it’s not Spring Man who’s an AT, it could be a Spirit promotion

Min Min? Twintelle?

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I hope it’s springman just for you know the reason. That was very surprising and the reveal was very anticlimactic.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
From ARMS, huh? Eh, I'm sleep.

Xenoblade looks okay though. No clue what the shoulder is gonna have, looks like meme connection to other Xenoblade game tbh.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
I have no idea who this 6th fighter is, and I'm not trolling. Have never heard of the game either.

That was extremely underwhelming... I'm not sure how I would feel if the remaining DLC fighter's are of this caliber. I won't be rushing to purchase the pass anytime soon that's for sure.

I don't think this character is going to be received well in comparison to the characters in the previous pass.

Of course there's no Bayo 3 news either...

Oh well, I've got P5R and FF7R to play and look forward to. That should settle me for quite awhile.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Well ****...that was anti-climatic...

seriously, I wouldn’t surprised if this character was chosen just to make puns in order to soften the blow of waiting till June for the fighter.

Discounting Assusts and Spirits., maybe Max Brass or Dr.Coyle?

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's just the first fighter, this could just be another Piranha Plant scenario.

No NMH3 news either, which is sad, but I guess we'll get more info in June.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If it’s Ribbon Girl, Rex might have a chance

if it’s Spring Man, well... say hello to Waluigi and/or Isaac

and if it’s neither someone who’s an AT, Mii or Spirit, my guess goes to Dr. Coyle

which would mean villains can be the first rep of a series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom