• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Game + Watch

Smash Apprentice
Kazuma Kiryu, so that we know the second pass will mirror the first one:
  1. Cool SEGA character
  2. Cool Square-Enix character
  3. A character that will make people go "I'll never ask anything from Sakurai ever again"
  4. Cool fighting game character
  5. New Nintendo character that will make people ask things from Sakurai
  6. A character that will make people go "they should have saved the character 3 for finishing the pass with a bang"
Not my wants list but this looks fun
1. Knuckles (I guess not really wanting any Sega character but I would happy if we got another sonic character)
2. Geno (no explaination needed)
3. Crazy Dave ( doesn’t necessarily make other people like “never ask for anything again” but more like just me, brawlfan1’s moveset video has really got me to where crazy Dave is in my top 6 wants list)
4. Tabuu ( not currently wanting any fighting game rep so I decided on tabuu because it would be cool to have a smash original character and be kind of funny)
5. Googi (I think it would better if he was like an echo of Luigi with some inkling like abilities but I literally could not think of or find a newer Nintendo character that I wanted.)
6. I literally do not know.

does any one know when the source gaming poll results is suppose to come out.

Last edited:

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
*checks time - 5:13 P.M. CDT*
Welp, there is no Direct announcement today. I think the Direct is likely delayed, though some of the people in the Direct speculation thread on ResetERA think it'll be shadowdropped because of what the aforementioned French leaker said recently. Unless we get something next week, looks like we'll have to wait longer for an unspecified amount of time.

EDIT: The French leaker made their account private, so the tweet is no longer linked

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Kazuma Kiryu, so that we know the second pass will mirror the first one:
  1. Cool SEGA character
  2. Cool Square-Enix character
  3. A character that will make people go "I'll never ask anything from Sakurai ever again"
  4. Cool fighting game character
  5. New Nintendo character that will make people ask things from Sakurai
  6. A character that will make people go "they should have saved the character 3 for finishing the pass with a bang"
1. Arle
2. Sora
3. Geno
4. Chun-Li
5. Dixie Kong
6. Dunno????

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Welp, there is no Direct announcement today. I think the Direct is likely delayed, though some of the people in the Direct speculation thread on ResetERA think it'll be shadowdropped because of what the aforementioned French leaker said recently. Unless we get something next week, looks like we'll have to wait longer for an unspecified amount of time.

EDIT: The French leaker made their account private, so the tweet is no longer linked
Isn't there also supposed to be an investor's meeting at the end of the month? I remember hearing something like that as a justification as to why a Direct should still happen in March.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

it's 4:28 PM in my time.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Isn't there also supposed to be an investor's meeting at the end of the month? I remember hearing something like that as a justification as to why a Direct should still happen in March.
With the way things are, I wouldn't be surprised if they found a way to delay that, too.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
can we just admit defeat already?

a direct ain't happening tomorrow, let's leave it at that

now, with that out of the way, back to our regular newcomer speculation programming

*ahem* anime swordsman bad unga bunga

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I have an entire Discord server of former users, most of which are, spoilers, not banned (and if they are, not for the reasons you're giving). Each contributed to discussion in their own, and each were driven away the last time moderation cracked down on this site. Calling for reports is good, but asking for stricter moderation is not. At this point it's more a semantical argument, but I simply think back to how past events played out and how detrimental it was to every user involved.

Anyways, coming from someone who's been around here long enough, this is just how Smash Speculation is, especially so in recent times. It's the sad truth of the matter. Either you can grow a thick skin and speculate on regardless, or move to another community in the hopes that it's better. Smash speculation brings out some of the most immature and toxic people on the internet, and you simply have to deal with them as they come. For every negative user that gets banned another one takes their place. Every immature argument resolved will eventually cycle back. That's just how things are.

I commend you for recognizing the flaws in speculation so early on and getting across your points in a clear way. However, I don't have the solutions, and I caution against the one you've recommended.

i mean uh look at me guys funny lowercase text haha hehe hoohoo no rational thought here just ****posting because thats all i have the energy to contribute here now haha hehe hoohoo
I dunno what happened last time mods were strict but any system that let's guys like wynn or nessdeltarune keep coming back and trolling people needs adjusting.
Sonic is dressed as the protagonist Ichiro oogami, who clips tickets in the game for performance theatre shows

Also

ITS CANON
No Direct today but Son of Segata is real, I think it's a fair trade
Investor's meetings probably have to happen before the next fiscal year begins, and that would be on April 1st, so yeah.
With the way things are, I wouldn't be surprised if they found a way to delay that, too.
Legally they can't do that.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Like? Did you guys even see on the last page. There's an tweet posted by BLZ8 explaining why there's yet to be an direct. So in a way it is delayed. I had a hunch given everything happening right now this had something to do with it.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Like? Did you guys even see on the last page. There's an tweet posted by BLZ8 explaining why there's yet to be an direct. So in a way it is delayed. I had a hunch given everything happening right now this had something to do with it.
They had zero issue with the Indie World last week. If there was planned to be a major direct this week, than they would have had to have pulled the plug pretty recently, which makes me feel that whatever they were going to announce is going to slip through the cracks.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
They had zero issue with the Indie World last week. If there was planned to be a major direct this week, than they would have had to have pulled the plug pretty recently, which makes me feel that whatever they were going to announce is going to slip through the cracks.
So you're still just gonna ignore the tweet posted on the previous page unless you wanna assume maybe this is just an excuse they're making?

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
So you're still just gonna ignore the tweet posted on the previous page unless you wanna assume maybe this is just an excuse they're making?
I'm seeing it as him making an assumption based on what he might know other companies are doing. That's not confimation a direct was delayed, that's just him saying "oh, well here's why I think there probably hasn't been a direct."

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
When Directs get delayed, it may be possible to withhold the first-party information, but managing to keep all the third-party stuff unrevealed is another story. There are so many moving parts with all the companies involved.

It is a shame, though. I can understand that out of an abundance of caution, Nintendo would not want to seem opportunistic or insensitive, but no one read the presentation last week in that way. On the flip side, in this time of general worry, and with so many people stuck at home, I think a Direct would've provided some mental respite and offered something to take peoples' minds off the current situation.

Or a delay could simply be owing to internal production problems and resulting release reshufflings.

Either way, they still should've done their Direct in February. :p

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Mans be TRIPLING down now...
We'll know in an hour or so if his credibility dies.

Maybe they planned to but decided against it given everything happening meaning Zippo was probably right about two directs in February.
That still doesn't explain the nearly 30 minute Animal Crossing airing as scheduled though, nor how the indie Direct aired as planned despite the pandemic getting increasingly worse.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Mans be TRIPLING down now...
I respect it atleast? When I really think about it, maybe they WILL drop a Mini Direct. Honestly isn't that farfetched. You actually look at the 2018 mini direct and we had

• One actual new game announcement, set to release only a couple months later (Aces)
  • Release Dates for the small amount of games we actually knew about (Kirby)
  • Ports/remakes (Hyrule Warriors, Tropical Freeze, World Ends with You Remixed, Dark Souls Remastered)
  • DLC (Pokken, Mario Odyssey, Mario+Rabbids)
  • Smaller third party ports/announcements (Payday 2, Ys VIII, SNK Heroines)
When you really think about it, we are just as much in the dark as we were then. It's a pretty similar situation. Very little known about game wise for the year, a pretty empty (but not nearly 2020 or especially 2019 bad) first half of the year, and when you actually examine most of the rumors flying around, it adds up pretty similarly
  • 1/maybe 2 summer game announcements (Paper Mario?)
  • Xenoblade release date
  • Ports : 3D World, Pikmin 3, Prime Trilogy? maybe whatever 3DS games they were working on before Inside Story Bombed (Fire Emblem?)
  • DLC (Pokemon, Smash)
  • Third Party announcements (Jedi Academy is still set to randomly release tommorrow even though they haven't actually officially announced any release date for Switch yet, it got leaked on the Canadian Eshop, and given how the Jedi Knight 2 port got announced last direct I can easily see them shadowdropping it here.)
Could easily be wrong, but it makes sense in context I suppose.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I've seen people say a Direct could be shadow dropped tomorrow since streaming services are experiencing increased traffic due to covid19 and isolation.

I want to believe but it's been ages so I'm not getting my hopes up.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I dunno what happened last time mods were strict but any system that let's guys like wynn or nessdeltarune keep coming back and trolling people needs adjusting.

No Direct today but Son of Segata is real, I think it's a fair trade

Investor's meetings probably have to happen before the next fiscal year begins, and that would be on April 1st, so yeah.

Legally they can't do that.
Oh, you'd be surprised how leniant the law can be. Just look at Disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom