• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DetectiveSS

Smash Cadet
Getting tired of this when is the direct talk. I think it may be best to try to keep our minds off this.

Who do you want to see first revealed, regardless of how you feel their chances realistically are? For me its Shantae. She would start the pass off with a bang, it would open up a lot of characters people wrotw off as deconfirmed due to spirits or mii costumes, and it would show nintendo cares about indie studios.

Plus she would have an awesome playstyle
If I could have six characters, regardless of what their actual chances are like you said, here are the six.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
They didn't delay the Animal Crossing Direct nor the Indie Direct last week, so I still say the Direct isn't being delayed by anything related to the Coronavirus.

Actually, I don't even think it's being delayed at all. Wouldn't surprise me if this is what they legitimately planned for.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
About the Tellius remakes, the rumour so far didn't say anything about making a 2x1 remake with Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. It would be just only Path of Radiance, that's what I read.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Probably shouldn't be a surprise if no Direct is announced today.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
If I could have six characters, regardless of what their actual chances are like you said, here are the six.

Personally, I think if we get a "Danganronpa protagonist" character, Makoto would be the default one. That being said, I do like the alt idea, so I'll take it either way.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Me: Guys, why can't you just be like me and patiently wait for the next direct to come while distracting yourself with the multitude of other games this quarantine allows you all the time to play?
waiting for direct.png

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
At what time exactly was that Animal Crossing Direct announced again, anyway? Does anyone have that tweet?
4-5 PM EST, if i recall

Elma alone has my approval

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Cant find that french one its lost in that massive thread. Here is the guy resetera is banking on atm.

I remember someone in a Twitter thread saying that, if Jeff got this right, he'd be the next Sabi.

Tbh, I think he's already the next Sabi:4pacman:.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Kazuma Kiryu, so that we know the second pass will mirror the first one:
  1. Cool SEGA character
  2. Cool Square-Enix character
  3. A character that will make people go "I'll never ask anything from Sakurai ever again"
  4. Cool fighting game character
  5. New Nintendo character that will make people ask things from Sakurai
  6. A character that will make people go "they should have saved the character 3 for finishing the pass with a bang"
For me i'd say

1. Dr. Eggman from Sonic the Hedgehog
2. Geno from Super Mario
3. Heavy from Team Fortress
4. Chun-Li from Street Fighter
5. King Boo or E.Gadd from Luigi's Mansion
6. Rayman from Rayman

DetectiveSS

Smash Cadet
Personally, I think if we get a "Danganronpa protagonist" character, Makoto would be the default one. That being said, I do like the alt idea, so I'll take it either way.
Could go either way, honestly. I just put Shuichi as the default because he’s the most recent and that’s what they did with Hero. Although I guess they might put Makoto as default because he’s the most prominent throughout the four games.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
At what time exactly was that Animal Crossing Direct announced again, anyway? Does anyone have that tweet?
I think it was at 3:00PM PST, it was such a weird time. Like I usually expect directs to be reveal when I am asleep, not when I am on the toilet at my university's library while browsing reddit on my phone.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Could go either way, honestly. I just put Shuichi as the default because he’s the most recent and that’s what they did with Hero. Although I guess they might put Makoto as default because he’s the most prominent throughout the four games.
And hey, Damganronpa in Smash is a good thing no matter what it is. Well, to me at least.

DetectiveSS

Smash Cadet
And hey, Damganronpa in Smash is a good thing no matter what it is. Well, to me at least.
You sure are right it is. Honestly, I don’t think it’s as impossible as people think. Not likely by any means, but it’s possible.

fighting atop a Colossus sounds like an amazing stage.
It would probably be the coolest stage in the entire game, I’m sure of it.

D

Deleted member

With most of the day gone and no announcements being made on Nintendo's twitter accounts (except for NoE with that translation for the spirit event I believe), I guess we're really gonna get those Nintendo Direct April Fools shenanigans next week...

in b4 a Direct is announced today but it's for MUA3's Shadow of Doom DLC

1585168496938.png

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Me: Guys, why can't you just be like me and patiently wait for the next direct to come while distracting yourself with the multitude of other games this quarantine allows you all the time to play?
Just play GBVS. Forget about the intense cost for 16 characters shhhhhh

okay but also it's a great game and I'd suggest y'all get it on sale even if you're a casual it's casual friendly

Also play Granblue it's a fun JRPG with a lot of cool characters you can play it on your computer or your phone so it's accessible

I just want more people to talk Granblue with :(

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Shadow of the Colossus is one of my fave games but I think that a stage or a boss battle would represent the game better than having Wander as playable character.
But it's not like the game has a chance to begin with when it comes to Smash.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Just play GBVS. Forget about the intense cost for 16 characters shhhhhh

okay but also it's a great game and I'd suggest y'all get it on sale even if you're a casual it's casual friendly

Also play Granblue it's a fun JRPG with a lot of cool characters you can play it on your computer or your phone so it's accessible

I just want more people to talk Granblue with :(
Why would I play a JRPG like Granblue when I can play RAID SHADOW LEGENDS, THE HOT NEW MOBILE GAME. FORGET EVERYTHING YOU'VE LEARNED ABOUT MOBILE GAMES, BECAUSE RAID IS WAY MORE. WITH OVER 1 MILLION PLAYE-

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
Oh my goodness, I made found a Grovyle leak!View attachment 267005
let's talk about Grovyle and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon now.
Every time I see Grovyle being pushed, I get a bit disappointed. Don't get me wrong, he's a wonderful character that has a well-developed arc, but he's only in one aspect of the series.

Nobody thinks of the true Mystery Dungeon icon.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Why would I play a JRPG like Granblue when I can play RAID SHADOW LEGENDS, THE HOT NEW MOBILE GAME. FORGET EVERYTHING YOU'VE LEARNED ABOUT MOBILE GAMES, BECAUSE RAID IS WAY MORE. WITH OVER 1 MILLION PLAYE-
And you guys wonder why I prefer Dragalia Lost...

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Nintendo Directs aren't real, they were never real. You've all been in a coma for 9 years, wake up already.

Wrathful_Scythe

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo Directs aren't real, they were never real. You've all been in a coma for 9 years, wake up already.
Do we wake up to a world with Waluigi as a staple character, Pokefloats in Ultimate and a good online experience? Otherwise, bite me. I'm waiting for my dream direct.

D

Deleted member

Good morning.

Still no Direct news yet...aughhh....

We just set ourselves a new record...

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Do we wake up to a world with Waluigi as a staple character, Pokefloats in Ultimate and a good online experience? Otherwise, bite me. I'm waiting for my dream direct.
Well, how do you feel about 2 out of 3?

'Cause I got some bad news about that last one.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

>Danganronpa protags in a Hero-type situation

47c.png

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom