• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The black spirit event came with Lotus but the pink event doesn't include a new spirit of a pink character?

This is pink oppression. Kirby/Jigglypuff/Roy Koopa mains rise up.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Got a question for you guys: regardless if they are elilgible for Fighters' Pass 2, which moveset would you prefer for Rex & Pyra?

or

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I always felt Rex working like Pokemon Trainer only the opposite with his Blade being in the background while he fights.

I'd imagine the three he could switch to are Pyra, Mythra and Nia.

D

Deleted member

No deconfirmations by spirit event this week
[twitter post]
This week's theme is pink spirits
It's a shame we aren't getting at least 1 new spirit this week, but this is certainly good news for those panicking over the possibility of a character they like becoming a Spirit. A pink themed event just in time for Spring is a pretty nice idea.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
What would your reaction be in the hypothetical scenario where we’d get an AT promotion as the next DLC character, but it was Spring Man?
Hype, probably in the form of jumping and laughing.

Followed by an attempt to turn ARMS music into a meme because it's just that good.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It's a shame we aren't getting at least 1 new spirit this week, but this is certainly good news for those panicking over the possibility of a character they like becoming a Spirit. A pink themed event just in time for Spring is a pretty nice idea.
Along with the possibility of maybe further DLC fighters being announced just their releases will be postponed given employees of Nintendo still works from home.

Might be wishful thinking on my part but we should at least get FP6 whether this week or eventually.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Spring Man isn't a character that excites me a lot, specially if we talk about DLC, but I always welcome the idea of adding new franchises to Smash. Maybe ARMS wasn't a hit in the same level as Splatoon, but I'd like to see Spring Man or Ribbon Girl as playable for the next Smash.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
So no Nintendo Direct or does this usually not get announced until Wednesdays? I honestly would not be surprised if it gets postponed

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So no Nintendo Direct or does this usually not get announced until Wednesdays? I honestly would not be surprised if it gets postponed
It's not that Wednesday is the usual announcement day, but the last day in a week they'd announce one.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Along with the possibility of maybe further DLC fighters being announced just their releases will be postponed given employees of Nintendo still works from home.

Might be wishful thinking on my part but we should at least get FP6 whether this week or eventually.
I would like to see a Direct this week, but considering the current events it wouldn't be surprising if there isn't one this week. If I'm not mistaken, the current fiscal year in Japan ends on March 31st. Also it's been *check date* 202 days since the last general Direct and many people are impatient. If there isn't one this week, certain insiders will get some heat from fans despite the fact that the world is going through tough times right now.
Spring Man isn't a character that excites me a lot, specially if we talk about DLC, but I always welcome the idea of adding new franchises to Smash. Maybe ARMS wasn't a hit in the same level as Splatoon, but I'd like to see Spring Man or Ribbon Girl as playable for the next Smash.
Spring Man would've been a nice addition since he could bring in some long range attacks befitting to the gameplay of ARMS. Assuming that assist trophies are the finishing blow to a character's chances as a DLC fighter in Ultimate, maybe he could join the roster in the next Smash game, if there will be one.
General Nintendo Directs are usually announced the morning of the day before the presentation. Postponement is a definite possibility.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I would like to see a Direct this week, but considering the current events it wouldn't be surprising if there isn't one this week. If I'm not mistaken, the current fiscal year in Japan ends on March 31st. Also it's been *check date* 202 days since the last general Direct and many people are impatient. If there isn't one this week, certain insiders will get some heat from fans despite the fact that the world is going through tough times right now.
And that's reasonably understandable. Health and safety of the public comes first. The possibility is however still there given FP6 should be close to competion.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
no deaths tonight!
just pink. lots of pink. cause spring is here!
Obvious hint towards the next character

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Got a question for you guys: regardless if they are elilgible for Fighters' Pass 2, which moveset would you prefer for Rex & Pyra?

or
I generally like BrawlFan1's attacks better, but Delzethin's feels far more realizable, creative, and more what I'd expect out of Rex if he got in. I also think Delzethin probably has the best idea on how to work Pyra in for any Rex moveset I personally have seen.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
What would your reaction be in the hypothetical scenario where we’d get an AT promotion as the next DLC character, but it was Spring Man?
My take would be:

Spring Man alone:

1585103898950.png

Spring Man with other ARMS characters as echos/alts:

1585103921740.png

I really can't see them adding him without at least Ribbon Girl in some capacity after all the promotion they did with them together. It's like how the Inkling Boy was promoted way more than the rest of the alts in terms of trailers/cutscenes.

Also Ribbon Girl's probably in the Pink Spirit event.

Last edited:

MisterHollywood

Smash Apprentice
Next time, my friend. Next time...

Though to be fair, the only potential DLC character I can think of with a pink motif is Heart Aino, and I don't know if Sakurai is as biased towards fighting games as he is JRPGs.
I think you‘re forgetting someone... upupupupu

okay I know that was cringey but I didn’t know a better way to make it subtle

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman

or
Personally, I would go with a mixture of both for a possible moveset.

MisterHollywood

Smash Apprentice
In my defense, when I think of that laugh, I think of Monokuma specifically, not Junko.
That’s valid but she does it too occasionally. Also I should add, when I picture Junko in Smash, I kinda picture her as a tag team with Monokuma. I think that’s the direction Sakurai would take

Last edited:

Bakabridget

Smash Cadet
NNID
Bakabridget
Honestly, if there's no direct announced this week, i'm downing this bottle of rum. This whole virus thing has my morale at an all time low, I really need something to look forward to.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
i certainly remember sakura wars from project x zone, i just didn't played the games.
i did like the rabbit villain.
We only ever got the last 2 games and the anime so it's sadly not much to go on for us westerners. But at least the Wii game is good.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings

or
Delzethin's idea for Rex sucks. Just have Pyra be attach to Rex like Arsene with Joker. Special Attacks are Driver Attacks, Pyra handles the Smash Attack by using Blade Arts. And Down Special switches between Pyra and Mythra which changes attack, speed, and defense attributes. Screw the affinity gimmick.

But what he say at the beginning is untrue, if the newcomer selection is extremely limited (only can make 7 characters) and your character lost to generic enemy #3 really shows how pathetic that characters is and wasn't worth considering to be playable. They just have to stay in the loser trash can for all of Ultimate.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Just have Pyra be attach to Rex like Arsene with Joker
How exactly would that make any sense? She's not exactly a spirit ghost that floats behind Rex and unlike Kazooie, I don't exactly see a backpack to shove her into.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
How exactly would that make any sense? She's not exactly a spirit ghost that floats behind Rex and unlike Kazooie, I don't exactly see a backpack to shove her into.
That's a funny mental picture you've just given me.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Got a question for you guys: regardless if they are eligible for Fighters' Pass 2, which moveset would you prefer for Rex & Pyra?
I really like Delzethin's character concepts. Some of his ideas are really out there but he feels like one of the few Smash fans who actually think about how movesets as a whole works instead of just cramming references into every attack.

Not sure if his idea is realistically implementable but it seems interesting to play.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom