• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

I.D.

Smash Lord
I'm curious to see if she would actually be more well-received than Byleth. A 9th FE rep sure, but she's one that won't be considered a shill pick and will be proof that ATs can be promoted as DLC.
As much as Corrin and Byleth being proof of Nintendo newcomers being possible through DLC.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
A strong possibility is that a game that hasn’t been announced yet has been selected for Smash DLC. If so, what would you like that game to be and what would you want it to be like?
Hard to say. There is a possibility of a character from a new IP that we haven't seen who could be one of the DLC fighters.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
A strong possibility is that a game that hasn’t been announced yet has been selected for Smash DLC. If so, what would you like that game to be and what would you want it to be like?
If the rumor about Paper Mario on Switch is true I would like a lot to see him playable. I doubt it will happen because we already have some Paper Mario content in the game but it would be fun.

Something else that I would like is a new Rhythm heaven on Switch with a new character from the franchise, but for the same reason as Paper Mario I doubt it will happen even if RH get a new game.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
There's the rumors of a 2D Metroid coming, so possibly a fighter to promote that game.
In which case the fighter could very well be a Chozo character, which would be awesome in my personal opinion as a Metroid fanboy.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
God that would be hilarious.
I'm curious to see if she would actually be more well-received than Byleth. A 9th FE rep sure, but she's one that won't be considered a shill pick and will be proof that ATs can be promoted as DLC.
would actually be hyped.
I can just see this happening...

Sakurai: Okay everyone, finally, prepare for our new Fighter after so long.

Everyone: Yes we're ready!

Sakurai: They're from Fire Emblem.

Everyone:
777.jpg
*Trailer plays, Lyn appears*

Everyone: O_O

Sakurai: That's right, Lyn from Fire Emblem joins the battle.

Everyone:
download.jpeg

I figured I'd share this cool Master Chief moveset I found

Chief is one of those characters that I believe would be best revealed as one of the first three characters (maybe even the first one) due to how big of a character he is. He would be really cool to see in Smash. I know it's a long shot but I'd also like it if a Noble Six skin was added with Chief as well.
Very cool moveset overall, i particularly like the ideas about the energy shield, this mechanic alone would make Chief a very unique character in Smash.

If there was one thing i'd change, maybe put some standard kicks and punches in there instead of the 'every move is a different weapon' concept but that's just me. I know in-game Chief mostly uses range weapons but we know from cinematics and stuff that he can also fight in close quarter combat:

D

Deleted member

Lyn will be a guilty pleasure. I'd personally love her, but would call the developers out on it. 2 Fire Emblem characters being DLC is too much for the series and I'd rather see other series get some spotlight if we're getting more first party. Even Pokemon.

Byleth themselves has shown that people will hate a character specifically because it's Fire Emblem, so I don't think Lyn is safe from being massively controversial outside of the FE fanbase.

Last edited by a moderator:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I figured I'd share this cool Master Chief moveset I found

Chief is one of those characters that I believe would be best revealed as one of the first three characters (maybe even the first one) due to how big of a character he is. He would be really cool to see in Smash. I know it's a long shot but I'd also like it if a Noble Six skin was added with Chief as well.
Very cool moveset overall, i particularly like the ideas about the energy shield, this mechanic alone would make Chief a very unique character in Smash.

If there was one thing i'd change, maybe put some standard kicks and punches in there instead of the 'every move is a different weapon' concept but that's just me. I know in-game Chief mostly uses range weapons but we know from cinematics and stuff that he can also fight in close quarter combat:

Here’s a moveset I made for the Chief a month ago that took a lot of time if ya want to check it out. Since we got banjo he’s my most wanted.

Because Chief is now my most wanted I decided to make a moveset so here you go. (Sorry if percents aren’t perfect)

Master Chief

Character Type: (Resource Management/Heavy Zoner/Hard to Kill/Lots of Kill moves)

Strengths: Hard to kill, has great recovery options, has a lot of early kill options, has great long to mid range zoning, high shield damage, basically two sets of normal.

Weaknesses: Slow Movement, gets Juggled a lot, can struggle up close, combo game is bad, has utilize resource management.

Aerial Movement: Poor

Combo Game: Bad

Weight: A little heavier than Ganon

Run speed is average level (around samus speed)

Walk speed slow

Jump height is below average

Throw/Run throw range is bad

Unique Mechanics:

Ammo
Every weapon has an ammo count visible to the top left of the percentage area of the last weapon used. Ammo that auto recharges (grenades/bubble shield) will always be beside percentage under the normal ammo count. (All ammo replenished upon respawn of a stock)

Reload
Similar to Inkling by holding shield and B at the same time chief will reload the last weapon he has used animation can’t be canceled but you can walk around if on the ground or jump (different weapons have different animations with different reload times)

(Reloads from least time to reload to most time
Assault Rifle
Pistol
Battle Rifle
Spikers Dual wield
Needler
Scattershot
Shotgun
Sniper
SAW
Rocket Launcher)

Shield

Above the percentage will be a shield gauge that will deplete the more damage chief takes in quick succession (the shield begins to recharge to full after not being hit by anything for 5 second’s) while shielded every time chief is damaged 2% off of the percentage received is knocked off (knockback is unaffected), the full shield depletes after receiving a total of 20% damage (before the 2% drop). To indicate his shield is depleted Chief will begin to have yellow sparks and have the alarm sound play like the Halo games until it refills making the refill sound of course. (Shield returns to full upon respawn of a stock)

B: Grenade/Sticky Grenade

By tapping B he overhand tosses a normal frag grenade in an ark that goes about the distance of snakes being thrown (this cannot be cooked or thrown at different angle’s like snakes grenade), it will bounce on surfaces until its timer runs out (which is shorter than the time it takes for snakes to explode) and will release a strong kill explosion and good shield damage (damage 15-20% depending on how close you are to the center) with better range than snakes grenade (kills at 100% midscreen) (will explode when attacked) (these grenades cannot be caught or picked up) (explosion can hit chief) (The ammo pull for Frag Grenades is 2, unlike normal weapons grenades will refill their ammo after depleted after a bit of time making the grenade pickup noise for when it is refilled to indicate it (regenerates in 15 sec) ).

Holding B chief will throw out a sticky grenade instead in the same arc but the grenade will not travel as fast in the air and won’t go as far, once it hits a grounded surface it will very mildly bounce once till its timer runs out, (its timer is slightly longer than the frag grenade and its explosion range is less (which is comparable to snakes)) the kill power is weaker on the outside of the explosion only potentially killing at (120-130 midscreen but the center is just as deadly damage/kill wise as the frag grenade) if it comes into contact with a player while the grenade is airborne it will stick to them till it explodes. (does the same strong shield damage as a frag at the center of the explosion) (ammo pull is 2 just like the frag grenades, they also refill their ammo in the same way as the frag version (regenerates in 15 secs))

B Up: Jetpack

Acts basically the same as R.O.B’s up b but does have a little less fuel, there is a fuel reticle bar that will
be by your percentage like the ammo when hitting b up. Refills fuel once you touch the ground.

B Over: Warthog

Similar to Wario with his bike Master Chief will pull out a warthog and be driving in it, its startup is twice as slow as wario’s bike though. (Takes longer to pickup speed and doesn’t move as fast across the screen when compared to wario’s bike) When done on the ground it will act like a normal vehicle that can be controlled by driving forward and can turn to go the other way just like wario’s bike does but all of these processes are half the speed of Wario’s bike. Unlike Wario’s bike when Master Chief gets out of the vehicle (characters get out by jumping like wario) another player can ride and drive the warthog by holding A while being right next to the front of the warthog if a character tries this while a character is in the seat they will enter the passenger seat which is completely useless except for forcing Chief to have to get out of the wart hog if he wants to damage you. If you hold A right next to the back of the warthog then you will enter the warthogs turret seat (chief or any other character can do this) where you can aim up or down or go left or right (in case you want to shoot the character who is driving) theses bullets from the turret have 0 knockback (similar to bowser tough guying through) and only deal 1% per bullet but they can rack up damage quickly (there is a heat gauge that will appear near master chief’s percentage to indicate how close the turret is to overheating) (the turret takes a second to startup its shooting) (overheating causes it to jam and be unusable for 5 seconds or so) (ammo is infinite though like the games). The warthog is a bit bigger than warios in terms of how wide it is. The reason for how slow its movement is lies in its power, warthog can kill at 100-120 % midscreen with a direct frontal hit and a direct frontal hit will take 30% damage off a player, 70% of a shield. When turning with a warthog to turn around the back of warthog will gain a hitbox from it sliding to turn around this is not a bad kill move either, it can kill around 135%, doing 20% and 50 shield damage. Getting hit by the upper hitbox of a warthog can do 10%-15% depending on the speed of the warthog but wont kill till a much higher percentage. When this is done in air the warthog goes forward and up in a small arc similar to it going off a ramp and will plummet at a similar rate to wario’s bike does in air, the properties of the damage/kill area’s are the same as the grounded versions. The jump that occur’s when leaving your vehicle doesn’t could against your jump count just like wario’s. As for durability the warthog has twice the durability of wario’s bike and will progressively become more and more inflamed to indicate its damage just like the halo games. When its durability has hit its limit it will explode with an explosion that can kill at 100% which consumes its entire hitbox (if someone is actually in the vehicle they will probably lose a stock regardless of percentage), just like wario chief cannot immediately summon another wart hog after its destroyed the wait time for another warthog though is twice that of wario’s however due to the warthog’s shear power. To hit the driver out of the warthog since they are very protected from the front and back usually you will have to hit them above if you do so the player will pop out of the seat.

B Down: Bubble Shield

Chief throws out a bubble shield right in front of him, once the bubble shield expands (which is fairly fast) a small bubble that’s about the width of two donkey kongs will expand. This bubble causes no damage (however if you are hit by the actual device in the center it does like 5% with a little knockback). The bubble can be walked through and attacked through but 0 projectiles can penetrate the inside or outside of the bubble. (A great utility with this is to stand in a way where your hitbox is hidden by the bubble shield but your projectile attack is happening on the outside edge). One attack to the center piece that projects the shield will destroy it, the shield destroys itself after 15 sec’s. After use you will have to wait until your equipment auto refill’s indicated by the symbol by your grenades/percentage being lightened up or not (the auto refill time is 30 sec’s) (bounceable projectiles will bounce off the bubble shield like a wall)

Normals:

Jab: Assault Rifle

Just tapping A will fire just a small quick 4 bullet spurt of of AR bullets, each bullet only deals 1% and deals knockback comparable to Megamans lemons, by holding A the assault rifle will keep quick firing until the clip depletes or you let go. While holding A you can move forward or back and even jump, the spread distance is also comparable to Megamans lemon distance. When hitting A without any ammo Chief will automatically do a melee attack with not a lot of range with the AR (has solid knockback though and safe on shield, can kill at late percents 160). Shield damage is relatively weak. (Ammo total 30 bullets)

Dash Attack: Spartan Charge

Chief will do a very fast good priority burst attack with shoulder using a boost from his thrusters on his armor. On block it isn’t super safe but it isn’t terribly unsafe either (does 20% shield damage). It does 15% damage on hit and kills around 130%.

Forward Tilt: Pistol

Just tapping forward tilt will have chief fire a single pistol shot that is shot straight at a little under his head height, the distance the bullet travels half of final destination with pretty quick speed. Damage is 5% for a body shot and 10% for a head shot, its knockback is ok but it won’t kill until around 150% body (135% headshot) unless you hit opponents near a ledge. If you keep inputting A directly after inputting the forward tilt you will continue to shoot out pistol shots, if you hold forward from the initial forward tilt Chief will begin to walk forward and shoot if you keep pressing A. If you have no ammo chief performs a pistol whip (similar to the AR melee attack but having slightly more range, better knockback and kills earlier 140% but is less safe on shield). Shield damage is a little better than AR but not by much (Ammo total is 6 bullets.)

Up Tilt: Battle Rifle

Just tapping up tilt will have chief fire a very fast tiny BR shot that consists of 3 bullets in an high upper diagonal direction in the way chief is facing, each bullet does 3% for each body shot 6% for each head shot little knockback but if all 3 bullets hit the head the knock back is pretty significant can kill very early depending on how close your opponent is to the top of a stage. If you continue to input A after the initial up tilt you will keep firing 3 bullet sets, while continually inputting A you can input left or right to slightly walk in those directions while shooting which will change your shot spread depending on how your moving while shooting. If you have no ammo chief swing his BR above him like a normal up tilt, the knock back is very average but the range isn’t terrible, it can even kill around 150%. (Ammo total is 12 (4 shots))

Down Tilt: Sniper Rifle

Chief lays down in prone position with his stomach to the ground and relatively quickly (comparable to other down tilts startups) shoots a very fast sniper bullet that travels straight and full screen very close to the ground (this move is a very strong ledge trap/kill option). A bullet on a body hit does 20% with killing power at 110%, if you somehow land a headshot it does 35% and can kill at 80%. By pressing A immediately after the first shot you will fire a second shot in relatively quick succession (although most other guns fire faster when using the mash A mechanic). The bullet does 30% shield damage but up close is pretty minus on block. (Bullet ricochets at angles). If you have no ammo with the sniper you will perform an average dtilt startup pretty long range swipe with your sniper in the prone position that is punishable up close (safe at the tip range) but on hit pops the opponent up on hit. (one of chiefs only potential combo moves at certain percent’s, dtilt into up tilt can combo) (Ammo total is 2 bullets)

Forward Smash: Energy Sword

Chief pulls out a swiping energy sword that has great forward and up hitbox range due to him swiping forward to up. It is punishable by a quick smash up close and can be made safe on block if at the further ranges. Although it isn’t the fastest smash attack (comparable to sonic or wario’s fsmash speed) it can kill pretty early on hit it does a nasty 25% uncharged and can kill around 100%. Charging this forward smash will cause chief to slide forward quickly before slashing (similar to being locked onto someone in the Halo games with the red reticle) the distance he goes is determined by how long its charged (can slide up to a little over wolf’s brawl f smash range). Shield damage done with a slash is around 50%. When the energy sword runs out of energy chiefs f smash changes to a forward punch move similar to wolfs current f smash in animation and function, the startup speed is better being more comparable to mario’s f smash in terms of speed although its range is slightly worse than wolf’s forward smash so you have to be pretty close to make good use of it as a punish option. It is however completely safe on block so using two in a row after one is shielded wouldn’t be unheard of, it does only 15% on hit though and can kill around 125-130% when compared to the sword. Shield damage is only 15%. (Ammo total 5 swipes (20% energy used per swipe) cannot be reloaded)

Up Smash: Spartan Laser

With no charge Chief will shoot (not like a projectile shot out but more of a projectile extension like the halo games) a very short laser that discharges from the weapon directly above him(only has a vertical hitbox so people around chief on the ground wont get hit), it hits higher than most up smash’s and has a little above average speed (although the beam comes out very fast), but only average damage (20%) and knockback (kills at 150%) for an upsmash. However if charged the distance of the beam extension will increase (up to a little more than palutena’s reach on top of chiefs height at max charge) at max charge it will kill very early at 60% or lower depending on high they are hit from as well. When the Laser is out of shots chief will lunge his Spartan laser in animation and attack coverage similar to D3’s up smash with similar power/startup with a bit less range, damage is 25% and the knockback kills at 125-130%. (Ammo total 5 laser charges (20% energy per shot) cannot be reloaded.)

Down Smash: Rocket Launcher

Chief pulls out a rocket and will shoot a large rocket shell moving at a medium speed forward that goes about a third of the distance of final destination than explodes (or will explode on contact with a character/wall/shield, it will eat through most projectiles) (it has the slowest startup of all of his smash attacks). It does 35 damage on hit and does 70% shield damage, it kills at 80%. Charging it can increase the distance/speed it travels before exploding, full charge can have a rocket go up to 80% of FD, a fully charged Rocket will shield break. When the rocket is out of ammo chief will do a relatively slow startup (compared to average down smashes) spin with the rocket that hits both sides of chief (similar to most down smash’s) this move can kill around 140-150% and does 20% on hit (20% shield damage). (Ammo is 2 shells)

Neutral Air: Plasma Pistol

Upon tapping chief will quickly fire a plasma shot that goes about a little less than the distance of a pistol shot on hit it does 3% and has 0 knockback or stun and 1% shield damage. Similar to the pistol you can immediately keep pressing A to keep firing rapid plasma shots (very little landing lag). Similar to the AR you can hold A, when you hold A you will begin to charge the plasma pistol after charging for a second you can release it to send out a slower moving plasma blast that will home towards the opponents location (of when its initially shot) if you are facing the opponent, otherwise if fires straight. This charge shot has very little lag as its meant for follow up, on hit it does 25% with 0 knockback and it will break a shields. If you are still holding the charge when you land you can move left or right to walk on the ground or jump with it before letting it go (the longest you can hold it is 3 seconds after its fully charged). If you are out of plasma chief will swing the plasma pistol all around himself in a circle, its coverage is very similar to villagers in terms of range and knockback/damage (does 8% and wont kill till like 190% (initial knockback is good though to get opponents off you)). Although unlike villager, chiefs hurtbox is bigger than the attacks hitbox so its not useful to escape being juggled, however it’s a great out of shield option for defense or punishing moves that ammoless AR cant reach that are only slightly unsafe, it is chiefs second fastest attack (only ammoless AR jab is faster) and its safe on block landing lag wise with little recovery on whiff as well. (Ammo is 30 plama shots (charge shots will spend 10 after being shot, holding after full charge spends 5 shots per second holding (if you run out of shots to hold it will auto shoot)) cannot be reloaded.)

Forward Air: Shotgun

Chief pulls out the shotty and shots at a down/forward diagonal angle (slightly more down than forward) that pops him up a little from the recoil. Up close it can do 5-25 damage (depends how much of the buckshot hits them), can kill if hit up close near 110-120 and it will knock the foe down forward in a spike fashion if the opponent is hit close enough. The attack is spread out like a cone from the head of the shot gun that reaches in equivalent to about of 2 marth forward air’s distance but diagonally downward. The move is safe on shield and can do up to 70% shield damage (depending on how much is blocked) so don’t shield this for long. When the shotgun is out of ammo it becomes a very short ranged (slightly more range than the ammoless ftilt) that kills around 150-160 and does 10%, its strength lies in it’s 0 landing lag and is actually plus on shield when landing giving chief room to mixup opponents on defense if you can get them to shield this. (Ammo count is 4 buckshot shells).

Back Air: Dual Wielded Spikers

With a bit of startup (comparable to k rools back air (melee attack box hits faster)) Chief turns around pulling out 2 spikers and begins to fire 5 spikes out of each of them at a down/forward angle (more forward than the shotgun angle with twice the range) (the spread is affected by your movement in air) the spikes have about twice the stun than the AR has but they act very similar in the sense that the spikes don’t knock the opponent away while they are being peppered (except at the end of the peppering they are knocked back some with this move) each spike hit does 2% damage (its rare to connect them all due to spread) spike shots wont kill until around 180% (could be earlier with edgeguarding). There is an initial hit box if you do them extreme close to an opponent that does 15% and can kill around 120% but if they are hit by this due to knockback they will probably not be hit by the spike shots. This move does minimal shield damage (at least with the spikes similar to AR, but 20% with the initial hit box) and has a ton of landing lag so its very punishable on shield. When your spikers are out of ammo chief will in a faster fashion swing the spikers behind him with a more active hitbox that has a bit more vertical and horizontal range in a curve up like motion, this move is safe on shield when spaced (does 30% shield damage), does 18% damage on hit and kills around 120%. (Ammo count is 50 (25 per spiker) so 5 back airs)

Up Air: Scattershot

Chief pulls out the scattershot and pretty quickly shoots up sending a spray of promethean energy shot upward, this will push chief slightly down from recoil. The shot is in a cone shape similar to the shotgun spread although not quite as far reaching, its about a forth less in terms of distance above him. It does good damage depending on how much of the move hits 8-30% but in terms of kill power it is less than the normal shotgun 130-140 (unless they are high up when hit). The scattershot spray will bounce off of platforms (the bounce can extend its range by another half of itself) and the way it will bounce changes on the angle hit (be wary of the distance and shooting it at a flat platform above you because you can hit yourself potentially so be careful in a bubble shield). If you have no ammo then chief up air becomes extremely similar to clouds up air except it has slightly less horizontal coverage and a little less knockback in comparison but its utility is virtually the same (good at keeping foes juggles above instead of landing) it does 10% but can potentially kill at 140% (or earlier depending on height hit). (Ammo count is 5 scattershots)

Down Air: Ground Pound

This move has a bit of startup where chief will float with thrusters for a brief second before quickly diving diagonally down towards the ground. (Once the move is active on the way down Chief will armor through anything). This move does 30% on hit (due to its slow nature), can kill at 100% and breaks shields, (has a lot of landing lag on whiff). Its comparable to sonics in terms of distance wise it will go if it does hit the ground before you can act again (in case you go for it offstage).

Throws

Pummel: Chief gut punches his foes over and over (2 percent each)

Forward Throw: Dual Plasma Rifles

This throw has the best forward positioning knockback, chief throws the foe in front of him then begins to blast the foe with plasma from the rifles until they overheat the shots push the opponent very diagonally forward/upward (but will never kill since the knockback is set), this puts the opponent far away from chief giving him a great zoning and positional advantage, its also the second most damaging throw. Damage is 18%. Without ammo chief will just throw the opponent forward overhead that will put them an average range away from them as most forward throws do, damage is 12%. (Ammo is 100 (each throw uses 20 shots (10 for each rifle)) cannot be reloaded.)

Back Throw: Needler

This is the kill throw, chief throws the opponent backwards then begins to shoot them with a ton of needler bullets until they explode, kills midscreen at 130% and does 15%. If the needler is out of spikes then chief will wack the opponent with it knocking them backwards, the initial knockback is similar but it wont kill until 200% (damage is 12%). (Ammo size is 30 spikes (10 are used per throw))

Up Throw: Sentinel Beam

This throw has the best upward positioning knockback, chief tosses his opponents upward and then begins to shoot them upward with the sentinel beam. This puts the opponent very high above you on the top of the screen (the knockback is fixed so it wont kill) the damage is 16%. If you are out of ammo chief will very quickly just toss the opponent upward to about half of the distance of the sentinel beam knockback distance. (Ammo size 20% of energy used per throw (5 throws till empty) cannot be reloaded)

Down Throw: SAW

The damage throw, chief stomps them to the ground holding them and then unleashes a ton of SAW bullets into them before they bounce away in front of chief (not to far which can be bad if you aren’t careful). Damage is 25%, knockback is always set. If your out of Ammo chief will stomp the opponent down making them slightly bounce then punch them up that will send them slightly up and in front of you but not far away due to set knockback (slightly worse positioning but you have options still) Damage is 18%. (Ammo is 30 (10 bullets per throw)

Final Smash: Finish the Fight

Chief shoots them with a bunch of different weapons in a row then kicks them away then pushes the bomb from halo 2 he delivers back to the covenant which explodes ending the opponent

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I feel like any AT promotion that isn't Waluigi or I guess Isaac would make people scratch their heads.

Wrathful_Scythe

Smash Journeyman
Lyn would actually the FE character i'd be interested in, the GBA title being one of the few games I actually played. Byleth is an ok choice though I would have prefered one of the three lords.

But oh boy, another FE rep wouldn't be well received no matter who it is.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I think it's fair to say that Xenosaga and Xenoblade are pretty much the same series
In all ways except technically. The most important way.

Mike Haggar. Does he have a chance?
I think his chances were a lot higher pre-Incineroar.

He doesn't bring much new to the table now.

If Sakurai plans to promote an Assist Trophy or Spirit, I hope it’s the first character. Just tell us what we’re working with from the start. Otherwise something similar to Byleth might happen, when everybody expected another third party.
Starting with the least hype character? That's a terrible way to sell passes.

I'm working on some rosters. What third party characters have the strongest connections to Nintendo?
All these.

Besides, there are a lot of solid choices for AT/Spirit promotions that would make for interesting fighters, like
Kunio, Zero, Alucard, Shantae...

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
This is just sad and accurate...
450px-20191111_183426.png

Does Sakurai seriously expect that everyone should see Smash their own image? Nope, neither do we.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Starting with the least hype character? That's a terrible way to sell passes.
I didn’t say the character wouldn’t be hyped at all. There are plenty of ATs and Spirits that would be really cool and are really big requests. I just feel like that if we’re gonna be getting a promotion, it should be the first person that way we have our ground rules set for the rest of the pass. That way we don’t get a repeat of Byleth. It could be Shantae, Geno, Waluigi, and people would still be hyped while we get our rules for the pass.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
View attachment 266455
Does Sakurai seriously expect that everyone should see Smash their own image? Nope, neither do we.
I think the main issue is that everyone that's gotten their most-wanted has simply shut up, leaving only the vocal complainers to frequent discussion.
I'm not exactly exempt from being the person in this picture, but in my defense, is wanting a new, non-Link Zelda character really that unreasonable to ask for?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I didn’t say the character wouldn’t be hyped at all. There are plenty of ATs and Spirits that would be really cool and are really big requests. I just feel like that if we’re gonna be getting a promotion, it should be the first person that way we have our ground rules set for the rest of the pass. That way we don’t get a repeat of Byleth. It could be Shantae, Geno, Waluigi, and people would still be hyped while we get our rules for the pass.
Eh. Byleth was a character people actively didn't want. Even Fire Emblem fans weren't that interested in him pre-reveal. By contrast, these characters are pretty well liked by fans, and would probably have a lukewarm reception at worst regardless of timing.

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
New Golden Sun announced sometime before end of the year with Smash FP DLC cross-promo. I been saying it since Camelot and EPD2 been real quiet lately.

If/when it happens, I'll have to go back and collect all the comments from the haters like NO AT PROMOTIONS and MARIO GOLF LOL and print them out and roll around in them. Glad that narrative's kind of worn off lately.

Also, I closed my work laptop sometime around noon today and then played 10 hours straight of Doom 2016 and as a consequence, I now fully support Doomslayer for Smash Bros. Rip and Tear, ect ect.

Last edited:

MisterHollywood

Smash Apprentice
If any assist trophy is being promoted I’d ****ing nut if it was Starfy but I know no one else would so rip

but with that being said, I really do believe that assist trophies deconfirm. I’m not sure if you guys are just discussing AT promotions legitimately or are just having fun tho. If we’re having fun the Starfy all the way but if I had to actually pick one to get promoted probably Zero

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
On assist trophy promotions, I’d be extremely happy to see Color TV Game 15 join the battle.
Only problem is trying to define it as a character.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
New Golden Sun announced sometime before end of the year with Smash FP DLC cross-promo. I been saying it since Camelot and EPD2 been real quiet lately.

If/when it happens, I'll have to go back and collect all the comments from the haters like NO AT PROMOTIONS and MARIO GOLF LOL and print them out and roll around in them. Glad that narrative's kind of worn off lately.

Also, I closed my work laptop sometime around noon today and then played 10 hours straight of Doom 2016 and as a consequence, I now fully support Doomslayer for Smash Bros. Rip and Tear, ect ect.
Camelot has been silent becuase they realize they dont need to make trash mario sports titles with nintendo down their throats anymore and they are coming back to daddy SEGA like the 90s and making Shining Force 4

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm not exactly exempt from being the person in this picture, but in my defense, is wanting a new, non-Link Zelda character really that unreasonable to ask for?
Dude you're sounding like the guy in the picture, take a breather. :nifty:

ARandomFruit

Smash Journeyman
Yes. Because you said that the next LoZ characters are gonna be Edgy Link (Vaati) and Girl Link (Linkle)

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Camelot has been silent becuase they realize they dont need to make trash mario sports titles with nintendo down their throats anymore and they are coming back to daddy SEGA like the 90s and making Shining Force 4
Didn't they leave Sega because they were doing the same thing?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If any assist trophy is being promoted I’d ****ing nut if it was Starfy but I know no one else would so rip

but with that being said, I really do believe that assist trophies deconfirm. I’m not sure if you guys are just discussing AT promotions legitimately or are just having fun tho. If we’re having fun the Starfy all the way but if I had to actually pick one to get promoted probably Zero
Nah man you're not alone. Starfy would be amazing.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 266455
The second image is totally me except change the dialogue to:

"Pfft, I'm not gonna be happy until the roster's gender ratio is the same as Street Fighter V or Blazblue Central Fiction."

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The second image is totally me except change the dialogue to:

"Pfft, I'm not gonna be happy until the roster's gender ratio is the same as Street Fighter V or Blazblue Central Fiction."
You really want the madman to add 50 chicks in a single DLC cycle?

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Didn't they leave Sega because they were doing the same thing?
They left Sega after Bernie Stolar made Sega abandon the Saturn. Camelot was originally a sega owned company but after the whole saturn fiasco Camelot felt betrayed by sega and made themselves independent from them and made games on the ps1 and n64 to get back at sega.

There's hidden developer rants in Shining Force 3. Around the 2000s there was a huge exodus of talent from Camelot which you can assume came from nintendos forcibly making them do mario sports games.

A couple years ago there was a meet up with ex Camelot, ex Compile, and Treasure devs (basically Sega's old 90s console family) and they mentioned how they wish Sega would talk to them more often.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Question for you guys! I've been gone for a hot bit. Is Sakurai continuing with the DLC or is he stopping it due to the whole Virus mess?
We aren't really sure. General idea is that the answer is maybe and while its reasonable to expect development to slow down a bit due to the virus there's basically no chance they don't have something to show for 6, so they are going to reveal them regardless.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ok but what if Yuri Kozukata as an AT promotion though

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Just off the top of my head, there's a dozen Assist Trophies that I think wouldn't get that much of a backlash if made playable.

-Krystal
-Knuckles
-Shadow
-Isaac
-Shovel Knight
-Alucard
-Bomberman
-Ghirahim
-Zero
-Midna
-Waluigi
-Gray Fox

Honestly I'd say at least 25% of the ATs in Smash Ultimate would probably get a positive reception of promoted to the main roster.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Just off the top of my head, there's a dozen Assist Trophies that I think wouldn't get that much of a backlash if made playable.

-Krystal
-Knuckles
-Shadow
-Isaac
-Shovel Knight
-Alucard
-Bomberman
-Ghirahim
-Zero
-Midna
-Waluigi
-Gray Fox

Honestly I'd say at least 25% of the ATs in Smash Ultimate would probably get a positive reception of promoted to the main roster.
I'd be down with Krystal in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom