• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Honestly, while I'm kinda indifferent on Geno as a character, I do want him to get in just to put the entire debate to bed for good.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
You know what would be a cruel twist of irony, if the first DLC fighter for the 2nd pack does by some miracle end up being a Spirited character, and only days later in their presentation, they start off the Mii Fighter Costume reel with Geno.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
A really sadistic part of me wants Geno to be revealed as an Assist just to see the meltdown that would follow.
A somewhat less sadistic part of me wants to see Steve and Alex get in as Mii Swordfighter Costumes with a couple of music tracks and a whole set of Minecraft inspired Stage Builder parts and backgrounds. Sure, they're not full-on fighters, but Minecraft is all about creativity and customization. What better way to showcase what Minecraft is all about than by giving people the ability to make their own Minecraft-esque stages?
It's a thought.

I consider the "Smash bubble" to be people that are constantly plugged into Smash news online, which will always represent a fraction of the actual playerbase for massive games like this. The people even mildly active in the speculation scene across all social media likely doesn't even reach half a million, and that's being generous. By this point, Smash Ultimate should be at 18 million sales, meaning 500k wouldn't even represent 3% of the playerbase. It's a big bubble, but a bubble nonetheless.

The question is what percentage of that bubble is buying/paying attention to the DLC. I would assume more than half of that 18 million had no intention of spending more money once they already had the game, but that doesn't mean the always online smash bubble is where the bulk of the DLC sales are coming from. It's unfortunately impossible to know without Nintendo releasing the numbers.
I think I've mentioned this before, but I really don't like the whole "Smash Bubble" argument. To me it just sounds like another term for "vocal minority" that people use to denegrate frequently requested characters. I also hate this idea that casuals either can't or don't have somewhat similar tastes in characters. Like, how the hell would you know what this nebulous group wants? I dunno, it all just seems very ill-defined to me.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Honestly, while I'm kinda indifferent on Geno as a character, I do want him to get in just to put the entire debate to bed for good.
This could be interpreted in more than one way. Spirits can get promoted? Geno isn't too insignificant to be a Smash fighter?
Grand Theft Auto
Honestly I'm interested on how they'd handle certain things more than a GTA fighter:
  • The world is full of fake brands that have names with crude jokes. Would whatever area they use as a stage be changed around so that new fake brands for good boys/girls are introduced, or the less crude ones would be used instead?
  • The song selection: While I can't imagine Billie Jean would be okay, would any song on GTA's radio that was originally created for the series be?

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
This could be interpreted in more than one way. Spirits can get promoted? Geno isn't too insignificant to be a Smash fighter?
if it's the former, literally anyone can fit that bill that has been spirited. like Elma

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I just don't like talking about Geno here because he has the most baggage tagged onto him than anyone else
  • Only in one old game, gotta tag on the relevancy argument
  • Oh, he's also a spirit? Now that argument starts
  • Also, he's a Square character, so pretty much by default you get fans of Sora (who also just happens to be the only character to have as much of his own baggage attached to him as Geno) and every other Square character getting involved
  • Oh, he was also a mii costume in Smash 4 which mysteriously hasn't shown up yet? Now we need to talk about whether that matters.
  • Sakurai also said he wanted him in Brawl? So now that argument starts
  • Has like 3 rumors/"leaks" attatched to him? Gotta talk about those now, that'll surely end well
  • Happens to be attached to a thread and a certain person who this thread tolerates at best and (justifiably or not) hates at worst to the point where if said person makes a bad take or something the entire Geno thread gets associated with it even if most people in the thread disagree with him
It just makes having an actual discussion about him impossible, and both sides can be pretty stupid about it sometimes. People tend to make it more about his fanbase rather than anything about the character itself or anything surrounding him.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I can name like 5 Square characters Id rather have over Geno but I wouldnt be upset if he got in. Enough people want him so I think it makes sense if he was a "big reveal" for the dlc.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Doesn't help that they're the cesspool of any leaker drama, including the infamous obeseguyonfrozenwater

As the OP of the Waluigi Support thread, I'm hoping Waluigi doesn't become a textleak staple name, I will die on a hill before I let my baby become something like the Geno support thread. Nothing wrong with chubbymaleon32degreesliquid being there, he's a very supportive guy and is the only guy I know frequently posting there, he just tends to bring a negative audience whenever he claims to have information. Thankfully, he only poses theories.

Not sure how else to emphasize that I'm not expressing hatred, but just know that I just don't want Waluigi to become the next Geno.
Nah I don't think Waluigi will become a popular leak bait character like Geno, at least not until the next game. People still believe AT promotions are impossible and most would just throw any leak that talks about them in the trash without giving it another glance. Geno is a popular leak bait character because he both seems plausible and he has a lot of loud support from a group of people on the internet that would scour the earth to find any evidence pointing towards his inclusion.

That is why when the cacomallow leak popped up it gained a lot of traction, it was two popularly requested characters that had a realistic chance of getting in. If it was any other character the leak wouldn't have gained the same traction it had, and it certainly wouldn't be still talked about after FP5's reveal.

Waluigi is popular but unfeasible to the speculation community and because of that he doesn't pop up in a lot of leaks, or at least when he does pop up most people generally disregard the leak.

In a way that's kind of a blessing since it means I don't have to see my most wanted get thrown into whatever cacophony of nonsense that entrenches onto the speculation community. Instead I simply get to see people act cocky and arrogant at those who still hope for promotions.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Honestly I'm interested on how they'd handle certain things more than a GTA fighter:
  • The world is full of fake brands that have names with crude jokes. Would whatever area they use as a stage be changed around so that new fake brands for good boys/girls are introduced, or the less crude ones would be used instead?
  • The song selection: While I can't imagine Billie Jean would be okay, would any song on GTA's radio that was originally created for the series be?
I'd imagine they would make a travelling stage like Delfino Plaza. They'd just take the map from GTA 5's Los Santos and go from there.
  • Start off on the Vinewood sign at Vinewood hills.
  • The platform flies down to Rockford Hills where fighters have to watch for oncoming traffic from every side.
  • Then it stops at Downtown Los Santos where the traffic becomes even faster!
  • Making it's way to Vespucci Beach where you see people cheering on the fighters. You can see Del Perro pier off in the distance...
  • ... Where it makes it's final stop, full of stuff to watch for like ferris wheels and rollercoasters before heading back to the Vinewood sign.
Then the battlefield and omega forms can be the Vinewood sign transformed into a platform as it flies all over Los Santos.

On the music side of things, GTA 5 does have an original soundtrack where they play for every single mission, some like Trevor Philips industries, Long Stretch and Minor Turbulence are pretty good instrumental songs that they could use for Smash bros.

Damn it, now I made myself want Trevor Philips now!

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
That one is easy, just use the instrumental versions of the theme songs of every GTA game, that's enough to cover the music list.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
A somewhat less sadistic part of me wants to see Steve and Alex get in as Mii Swordfighter Costumes with a couple of music tracks and a whole set of Minecraft inspired Stage Builder parts and backgrounds. Sure, they're not full-on fighters, but Minecraft is all about creativity and customization. What better way to showcase what Minecraft is all about than by giving people the ability to make their own Minecraft-esque stages?
It's a thought.
It’s also about what the player can do and survival/exploration stuff. Steve and Alex can represent creativity and unique item stuffs through their moveset anyway, via all the unique items and crafting and placing blocks. Even if Minecraft stuff can be done through stage builder, that’s no reason a character can’t come with the stuff - a Mii Costume would poorly represent them anyway.

And things like this can be said for other characters.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
It’s also about what the player can do and survival/exploration stuff. Steve and Alex can represent creativity and unique item stuffs through their moveset anyway, via all the unique items and crafting and placing blocks. Even if Minecraft stuff can be done through stage builder, that’s no reason a character can’t come with the stuff - a Mii Costume would poorly represent them anyway.

And things like this can be said for other characters.
Oh no, don't get the wrong idea, I wasn't saying that it should happen that way. With Banjo & Kazooie in the game I have no reason to object to Steve getting in as a fighter. But if it didn't turn out that way for whatever reason, I think this would still be pretty alright overall.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Oh no, don't get the wrong idea, I wasn't saying that it should happen that way. With Banjo & Kazooie in the game I have no reason to object to Steve getting in as a fighter. But if it didn't turn out that way for whatever reason, I think this would still be pretty alright overall.
yeah honestly if Steve doesn’t get in this would be really nice. Still disappointing personally but at least I could make cool Minecraft stages with proper blocks and whatever.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
On the music side of things, GTA 5 does have an original soundtrack where they play for every single mission, some like Trevor Philips industries, Long Stretch and Minor Turbulence are pretty good instrumental songs that they could use for Smash bros.
That one is easy, just use the instrumental versions of the theme songs of every GTA game, that's enough to cover the music list.
Of course they could do that, but what about songs like those on Head Radio/Lips 106/The Lab, or other radio songs that are GTA originals (IE: Fist Fury, Liberty City: The Invasion, Change of Coast.)

Ideally, I'd want the song list to be something like:
  • Electronic Go-Go*
  • GTA Vice City theme
  • Fist Fury*
  • La Vida Es Una Lenteja*
  • GTA San Andreas theme
  • Soviet Connection
  • Minor Turbulence
  • Change of Coast*
  • Nine Is God*
  • What's Next?*
  • Garbage*
  • Sleepwalking*
*these being some of the GTA originals on the radio I was talking about

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Been playing Yakuza 0 recently (seriously guys buy it, it's 5$ on Steam right now), so I decided to make a Spirit board for the Yakuza series if Kiryu got in Smash.
Kazuma Kiryu (Fighter Spirit)

Goro Majima
Fighter: :ultwolf: (Orange alt)
Type: Balanced
Stage: Kamurocho
Battle Conditions: 1. Baseball bats appear in large quantities.
2. The Enemy is very fast and can't stop quickly.
3. The enemy can unleash powerful critical hits at random.

Goro Majima (Mad Dog)
Enhanced Spirit
★★★★

Taiga Saejima
Fighter: :ultincineroar: (white alt.)
Type: Grappler
Battle Conditions: 1. The enemy has super armor and is hard to launch or make flinch
2. The enemy favors throws

Shun Akiyama
Fighter: :ultfalco: (Red Alt.)
Type: Defense
Battle Conditions: 1. The Enemy favors aerial attacks
2. The enemies' kicks have increased power.

Haruka Sawamura
Fighter: :ultisabelle: (Grey alt)
Type: Defnese
Stage: Tomodachi Life
Battle Conditions: 1. The enemy avoids conflict.
2. Reinforcement (Kiryu) will appear during the battle.

Haruka Sawamura (Adult)
Enchanced Spirit
Type: Defnese

Ichiban Kasuga
Fighter: :ulthero: (Erdrick alt)/ If Hero DLC not purchased:ultswordfighter: (Business suit)
Type: Attack
Stage: Yggdrasil altar/ Find Mii if Hero DLC is not purchased
Battle Conditions: 1. Take your strongest team into this no-frills battle!

Akira Nishikiyama
Fighter: :ultken: (white alt)
Stage: Prism Tower (Top of tower portion)
Battle Conditions: 1. Stamina Battle
2. Bob-ombs will rain from the sky

Daigo Dojima
Fighter: :ultdoc: (Black Alt)
Type: Support
Battle Conditions: 1. Defeat an army of fighters (:ultbrawler:)

Ryuji Goda
Fighter: :ultganondorf: (Brown alt)
Type: Attack
Battle Conditions: 1. The enemy's melee weapons have increased power.
2.The enemy starts the battle with an enhanced Killing Edge item.

Makoto Makimura
Fighter: :ultpeach:
Type: Support
Battle Conditions: 1. The stage is covered in fog.
2. Reinforcement (:ultwolf:) will appear during the battle.

You know I came up with a classic mode idea for Kiryu losely based on boss battles from Yakuza and I feel like an idiot for forgetting that wolf is a thing in this game and makes for a good Majima fight.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Of course they could do that, but what about songs like those on Head Radio/Lips 106/The Lab, or other radio songs that are GTA originals (IE: Fist Fury, Liberty City: The Invasion, Change of Coast.)

Ideally, I'd want the song list to be something like:
  • Electronic Go-Go*
  • GTA Vice City theme
  • Fist Fury*
  • La Vida Es Una Lenteja*
  • GTA San Andreas theme
  • Soviet Connection
  • Minor Turbulence
  • Change of Coast*
  • Nine Is God*
  • What's Next?*
  • Garbage*
  • Sleepwalking*
*these being some of the GTA originals on the radio I was talking about
I don't know, maybe they just won't use them? I'd assume like with the Final Fantasy 7 tracks they'll be a licensing nightmare since they're probably owned by the individual copyright holders but I haven't checked.

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
GTA has to be the only iconic video game series were I couldn't see a character from it working in Smash. It would just clash so badly against the Smash aesthetic.
Yeah you can say we already have M rated franchises in Smash, but Bayonetta was a witch and Snake was a near superhuman, the GTA protagonists are just gangbangers and hooligans with guns.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
GTA has to be the only iconic video game series were I couldn't see a character from it working in Smash. It would just clash so badly against the Smash aesthetic.
Yeah you can say we already have M rated franchises in Smash, but Bayonetta was a witch and Snake was a near superhuman, the GTA protagonists are just gangbangers and hooligans with guns.
I'm mainly more interested in it getting side content than a fighter anyway. I hope a Roman spirit battle would involve forward smashing Villagers.

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
Uhhh, that's not what aesthetic means...

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Talking about huge franchise like GTA, I wonder if one day we will see some sort of representation for The Sims in Smash. It's one of the best selling game franchise of all time and it's a very big phenomenon, pretty much everyone I know play or played The Sims at some point in their life. I wouldn't expect a Sims fighter, but maybe some day they will do something.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Uhhh, that's not what aesthetic means...
Well, Snake isn't as realistic as people are talking about. He has a somewhat realistic aesthetic, but still was cartoony even in Brawl.

GTA characters are the most realistic you can get, with no fantastical elements. So I can see what they mean overall.

But yeah, the realism part makes them feel a bit off-putting in a way Snake wouldn't.

Though maybe something like Spirits sound more plausible?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Talking about huge franchise like GTA, I wonder if one day we will see some sort of representation for The Sims in Smash. It's one of the best selling game franchise of all time and it's a very big phenomenon, pretty much everyone I know play or played The Sims at some point in their life. I wouldn't expect a Sims fighter, but maybe some day they will do something.
Bella Goth with a Ladderless Pool final smash is the dream

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Red Dead is clearly the superior Rockstar Games option. There's a lot more leeway with cowboys than modern day gangsters too. Old-timey guns and primitive explosives have been kid friendly for yonks. That said, I'd also want the ability to hogtie other fighters for a special throw, and maybe the ability to drag people via lasso by horse which perhaps isn't as kid-friendly. John Marston with Arthur Morgan echo fighter when?

Oh! And their up and down taunts are "Greet" and "Insult", so you can chain together unique taunts for different fighters. Ern hern.

I.D.

Smash Lord
That Source Gaming poll ended today, right? How many days after closing the poll does it usually take them to show the results?

Goombaic

Smash Ace
That Source Gaming poll ended today, right? How many days after closing the poll does it usually take them to show the results?
A few months so expect the results to come before the next general Direct.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Gotta say, I think music is one of the larger selling points of DLC characters.

I wish Cloud could have gotten more music. It's absolute robbery that we couldn't get Bombing Mission, One Winged Angel, and other tracks. To be completely honest, I'm mostly saying this because the new versions of the songs from the remake are absolutely amazing, and it just serves as a reminder of the sadness of their absence in Smash.

D

Deleted member

I wish Cloud could have gotten more music. It's absolute robbery that we couldn't get Bombing Mission, One Winged Angel, and other tracks. To be completely honest, I'm mostly saying this because the new versions of the songs from the remake are absolutely amazing, and it just serves as a reminder of the sadness of their absence in Smash.
I'm of the mindset to where the music selections are so usually small that they're one of the last things I look at with DLC characters. It's why SNK getting 50 songs is one of the highlights of its pass.

No pass should have only 2 songs, though.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm of the mindset to where the music selections are so usually small that they're one of the last things I look at with DLC characters. It's why SNK getting 50 songs is one of the highlights of its pass.

No pass should have only 2 songs, though.
The only reason I look at it as a selling point is because I keep finding myself playing on the same stages because of the music selection. I’ve been obsessed with the Three Houses soundtrack, so I’m playing sooooo much on Garreg Mach.

Part of the reason 2B would be so awesome is simply the soundtrack, which would be just magnificent.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

On the other hand, Some of the characters are Big Shots living on 11th Street.

Our Hero Terrance Bogard Esquire.jpg

Kokiden

Smash Ace
The only reason I look at it as a selling point is because I keep finding myself playing on the same stages because of the music selection. I’ve been obsessed with the Three Houses soundtrack, so I’m playing sooooo much on Garreg Mach.

Part of the reason 2B would be so awesome is simply the soundtrack, which would be just magnificent.
Same.

I find the music to be higher up on the priority list than the stage itself.

The only stage that I think is truly unique functionally is Terry's one out of the DLC. That side knock out is amazing.

Joker's was the best visually. The others I'm indifferent towards.

Gran869

Banned via Warnings
“Ahem. Let’s begin with a simple explanation of the class trial!” Monokuma said, sitting in his chair in a regal manner.

“If you can figure out who committed murder, I’ll punish the Blackened and force them out of Smash’s roster, forever. But if you pick the dreadfully wrong one~... Then everyone BESIDES the Blackened is forced out of Smash!”

Terry clenched his fist. How did things get this bad? Everything was so perfect this morning. Why did Shantae have to die? He couldn’t believe it happened: in fact, it was like he could still feel her spirit, lingering.

“Okay. Let’s go over the motive again.” Eight said. His eyes scanned the room of “contestants”, wincing every time he looked at one of the pictures of their dead friends. It was especially hard, since the picture of Isaac was sitting right next to him.

“Right, right. The motive was a Smash Invite. Whoever got out of this receives a formal invite to Smash, with a blank name. Meaning, even if you were already in, you could hand it to someone else.” Mario said, as he stroked his mustache.

“Nobody here is that altruistic, I don’t think. It had to be someone that isn’t in yet.” Kazooie said, her pessimism shining through. Banjo was too busy guzzling honey and waving his invite in front of Master Chief to care about the dead genie.

“Th-then, it had t-t-t-to be Terry, Sans, Ryu Hyubusa or Geno! F-Fe-fess up!” Ike stuttered. He wasn’t man enough to handle this type of intensity.

“Oh? I noticed you didn’t accuse Byleth. Why not? Hiding something?” Sans said cooly. He didn’t need to take this kinda crap from an anime swordsman.

“Sakurai always lets our homies in. Naturally, Byleth has nothing to worry about. Ergo, he has no motive.” Corrin said, with both conviction and annoyance. He was always having to clean up after Ike’s mistakes.

Ike nodded silently along. He hoped he could be as cool as Corrin, some day.

“Well, it wasn’t me. My attacks are little pellets that poison you, and there was no poison found in Shantae.” Sans said.

“My blade isn’t nearly small enough to make a hole that size. Also, I’ve been leaked, so why would I want to do this?” Ryu said, shocked that he had to defend himself from a loser like Ike.

“That leaves Terry and Geno. Terry is big and beefy-he could’ve shoved his finger into her heart and killed her!” Kazooie claimed, in vague hopes that one of them would confess. She really didn’t want an anime boy or an RPG lad eating ANOTHER DLC slot.

“Hey, come on.” Terry said. He was trying to think of a way to defend himself from this onslaught of heat that Ike the Loser brought to him.

“I have no weapons that could do such a thing on my body. Also, there would be splinters if I killed her by hand-“

“POWAH WAVE” Terry yelled, as he shot a Truth Bullet at Geno, breaking the claim. The evidence showed that his hand can become a gun!

“Wow, wait a sec...” Joker said. “It’s all adding up. Geno is from a dead franchise, so this was his only shot! (HAHA PUN UNINTENDED, GUYS KEK) He shot her because he has no chance otherwise!”

“That explains the BB’s we found!” Duck Hunt said, giggling.

“N-no! I can explain...” Geno stammered. He was sweating.

“This is just like when Isaac killed Shadow. You have no chance, so you had to drag others down to try and break through.” Sonic said, mad.

“...SO WHAT IF I DID? WE DESERVE IT! WE’RE PART OF NINTENDO! MOST OF YOU LOSERS ARE JUST 3RD PARTY TRASH! NOT EVEN ICONS! THIS IS MY LAST SHOT!” Geno screamed, frothing at the mouth.

“Looks like I’ve revealed your true form” Joker said, smiling. He never liked dumb dolls.

Everybody voted for Geno.

Monokuma turned toward the doll, several Smash letters in hand.

“You don’t deserve anything, doll. You’re not even remembered by millennials, the biggest group of nostalgic weirdo’s there are! All you deserve is death!” Monokuma said.

“W-Whats that in your hand?” Geno asked.

“Hm? Oh. A few Smash letters. We’re on DLC 4 and 5. Also, there’s gonna be more characters after that, too!”

“W-what? I could’ve been #5? Or 6, even? I didn’t need to-“

“Nope! Sure didn’t!” Monokuma said, pocketing one letter, and throwing the other at Terry. He was thinking of inviting himself to Smash.

Geno crumpled to the ground, defeated.

“Shantae, I-I’m-“

“LET’S GIVE IT EVERYTHING WE’VE GOT. IIIIIIIIITS PUNISHMENT TIME!” Monokuma yelled.

“SOOOOOOOORRRRRRRYYYY!!!!!!!!!” Geno yelled.

Monokuma smacked the Punishment button with his gavel. An 8 bit Geno was being dragged away on the machine, a symbol of what was to come.

In the real world, Geno was now trapped in a TV. He saw a familiar console come in front of him. It was... an N64? His home.

A child put in a cartridge that said “Mario RPG” on it. As the game booted up, Geno felt his body move on its own! He was being controlled by the little boy!

The little boy made him fight high level enemies that he wasn’t ready to face yet, over and over again. His gun broke, his clothes were tattered, and his ears hurt from the little boy’s screams about how hard the game sucks. Suddenly, a gorilla lands a critical hit on him, smashing (KEK I PROMISE THESE AREN’T ON PURPOSE) him apart!

Eventually, the boy called in his mom, Square Enix. The parent was upset that the video game was making their son violent, so she threw it into the trash, along with Geno. The trash is labeled “Dead Franchises.” Before Geno bled out, he saw that Shu and Chrono’s corpses were in here, too. Shu was eaten by some sort of big lizard, and Chrono was a skeleton, degraded away by time.

Geno closed his eyes. This was his fate.

The boy is then seen playing Dragon Quest, having forgotten Geno and his game.

“Are you okay?” Terry asked Geno’s corpse.

He wasn’t.

He hadn’t been for some time now.

And he never would be, again.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
First of all, what do you mean by "The two franchises have nothing in common at all"?
Secondly, why is that a problem?

People want Doom Guy because he's cool, has the distinction of being the grandfather of First Person Shooters and has a healthy presence on Nintendo consoles.
I even consider "healthy" to be the understatement of the year. All Doom games are on the Switch. ALL OF THEM*. Even the spec-beast that is Doom Eternal is coming to Nintendo, and apparently they're doing a darn good job at it. They even brought back Doom 64 thinking about Nintendo fans, even if it ended up on all consoles.

*Ok, not the Doom RPG for mobile, nor Tiger Handheld thing that it probably had

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
“Ahem. Let’s begin with a simple explanation of the class trial!” Monokuma said, sitting in his chair in a regal manner.

“If you can figure out who committed murder, I’ll punish the Blackened and force them out of Smash’s roster, forever. But if you pick the dreadfully wrong one~... Then everyone BESIDES the Blackened is forced out of Smash!”

Terry clenched his fist. How did things get this bad? Everything was so perfect this morning. Why did Shantae have to die? He couldn’t believe it happened: in fact, it was like he could still feel her spirit, lingering.

“Okay. Let’s go over the motive again.” Eight said. His eyes scanned the room of “contestants”, wincing every time he looked at one of the pictures of their dead friends. It was especially hard, since the picture of Isaac was sitting right next to him.

“Right, right. The motive was a Smash Invite. Whoever got out of this receives a formal invite to Smash, with a blank name. Meaning, even if you were already in, you could hand it to someone else.” Mario said, as he stroked his mustache.

“Nobody here is that altruistic, I don’t think. It had to be someone that isn’t in yet.” Kazooie said, her pessimism shining through. Banjo was too busy guzzling honey and waving his invite in front of Master Chief to care about the dead genie.

“Th-then, it had t-t-t-to be Terry, Sans, Ryu Hyubusa or Geno! F-Fe-fess up!” Ike stuttered. He wasn’t man enough to handle this type of intensity.

“Oh? I noticed you didn’t accuse Byleth. Why not? Hiding something?” Sans said cooly. He didn’t need to take this kinda crap from an anime swordsman.

“Sakurai always lets our homies in. Naturally, Byleth has nothing to worry about. Ergo, he has no motive.” Corrin said, with both conviction and annoyance. He was always having to clean up after Ike’s mistakes.

“Well, it wasn’t me. My attacks are little pellets that poison you, and there was no poison found in Shantae.” Sans said.

“My blade isn’t nearly small enough to make a hole that size. Also, I’ve been leaked, so why would I want to do this?” Ryu said, shocked that he had to defend himself from a loser like Ike.

“That leaves Terry and Geno. Terry is big and beefy-he could’ve shoved his finger into her heart and killed her!” Kazooie claimed, in vague hopes that one of them would confess. She really didn’t want an anime boy or an RPG lad eating ANOTHER DLC slot.

“Hey, come on.” Terry said. He was trying to think of a way to defend himself from this onslaught of heat that Ike the Loser brought to him.

“I have no weapons that could do such a thing on my body. Also, there would be splinters if I killed her by hand-“

“POWAH WAVE” Terry yelled, as he shot a Truth Bullet at Geno, breaking the claim. The evidence showed that his hand can become a gun!

“Wow, wait a sec...” Joker said. “It’s all adding up. Geno is from a dead franchise, so this was his only shot! (HAHA PUN UNINTENDED, GUYS KEK) He shot her because he has no chance otherwise!”

“This is just like when Isaac killed Shadow. You have no chance, so you had to drag others down to try and break through.” Sonic said, mad.

“...SO WHAT IF I DID? WE DESERVE IT! WE’RE PART OF NINTENDO! MOST OF YOU LOSERS ARE JUST 3RD PARTY TRASH! NOT EVEN ICONS! THIS IS MY LAST SHOT!” Geno screamed, frothing at the mouth.

“Looks like I’ve revealed your true form” Joker said, smiling. He never liked dumb dolls.

“You don’t deserve anything, doll. You’re not even remembered by millennials, the biggest group of nostalgic weirdo’s there are! All you deserve is death!” Monokuma said.

“Hm? Oh. A few Smash letters. We’re on DLC 4 and 5. Also, there’s gonna be more characters after that, too!”

“Nope! Sure didn’t!” Monokuma said, pocketing one letter, and throwing the other at Terry. He was thinking of inviting himself to Smash.

“Shantae, I-I’m-“

“LET’S GIVE IT EVERYTHING WE’VE GOT. IIIIIIIIITS PUNISHMENT TIME!” Monokuma yelled.

Monokuma smacked the Punishment button with his gavel. An 8 bit Geno was being dragged away on the machine, a symbol of what was to come.

In the real world, Geno was now trapped in a TV. He saw a familiar console come in front of him. It was... an N64? His home.

A child put in a cartridge that said “Mario RPG” on it. As the game booted up, Geno felt his body move on its own! He was being controlled by the little boy!

The little boy made him fight high level enemies that he wasn’t ready to face yet, over and over again. His gun broke, his clothes were tattered, and his ears hurt from the little boy’s screams about how hard the game sucks. Suddenly, a gorilla lands a critical hit on him, smashing (KEK I PROMISE THESE AREN’T ON PURPOSE) him apart!

Eventually, the boy called in his mom, Square Enix. The parent was upset that the video game was making their son violent, so she threw it into the trash, along with Geno. The trash is labeled “Dead Franchises.” Before Geno bled out, he saw that Shu and Chrono’s corpses were in here, too. Shu was eaten by some sort of big lizard, and Chrono was a skeleton, degraded away by time.

He wasn’t.

Where can I read this fanfic?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm interested in music added with DLC, but the character and stage comes first.

That being said, I'd like to see them try a little harder with music that's directly ported over to Ultimate. Even first-parties seem to struggle with getting more than 12 tracks.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

“Shantae, I-I’m-“

He wasn’t.

Yeah I just have one question

who’s Shu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom