• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Honest question, how much energy do you use to whine about ATs? Cause you cry about them every day, and idk, at that point it comes across as if you can't help but think about them every day, put that energy into something else, you keep telling others to give up supporting ATs so why don't you give up on the whining?
All I'm doing is just typing. It takes so little time to do this with zero effort.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
All I'm doing is just typing. It takes so little time to do this with zero effort.
You say that but you've spent more energy than anyone else railing against ATs. Most people legitimately spend zero effort doing it, because they don't do it, because they don't have a problem with them. This you cannot claim.

If you added up all the time and effort you've spent bemoaning ATs, I can tell you that it would not be "so little". I mean, not to be trite, but it really is a case of "rent free" with you, which just seems... unhealthy.

Last edited:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
[
I love it when you come in here and you’re salty every single day of the week. Must be exhausting some days being as smart as you!

blackghost

Smash Champion
i'd support midna in her natural form. she could be very interesting using mirrors or maybe setting twilight that could obscure or modifiy her abilities. her final smash could be her firing the mirror.
most of the zelda side characters havent had the impact she did. in my opinion at least.
sakurai being the troll he is may give us tetra as a new rep. lol.

as for the people that want a new ganon.if ganon is gonna be as creppy as he looked in that first trailer idk if he's gonna show up in smash.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I think the reason that Zelda fans haven't rallied behind Impa is that honestly, the idea that a new character has to be recurring doesn't come from Zelda fans, it comes from people who are trying to justify the lack of Zelda characters. People are just going to support who they like.

Plus, with the "one-offs" you have characters that have big roles in their one game (like for example Skull Kid and Ghirahim are the villains in their games, Midna's the sidekick, etc). Not only does their bigger role leave more of an impact, but their one-off status makes them representative of their game. Therefore, if people like one game, they like that game's rep (so if your favorite Zelda is Minish Cap you'll probably support Vaati). In that aspect it's really not that different from Fire Emblem.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
I think the reason that Zelda fans haven't rallied behind Impa is that honestly, the idea that a new character has to be recurring doesn't come from Zelda fans, it comes from people who are trying to justify the lack of Zelda characters. People are just going to support who they like.

Plus, with the "one-offs" you have characters that have big roles in their one game (like for example Skull Kid and Ghirahim are the villains in their games, Midna's the sidekick, etc). Not only does their bigger role leave more of an impact, but their one-off status makes them representative of their game. Therefore, if people like one game, they like that game's rep (so if your favorite Zelda is Minish Cap you'll probably support Vaati). In that aspect it's really not that different from Fire Emblem.

While you're absolutely right about that, I am a huge Zelda fan and my two most wanted from the series are Impa and Tingle. I truly think they would represent the series best of all the potential characters to add.

Also I want to add (not directed at you at all GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 ) that the idea that Tingle being a joke character is a bad thing, both in the games and also in the context of Smash is just ridiculous. Not every character is, or should be, cool and flashy. And Zelda as a series gets weird some times. I love that. Show us that in Smash. I want Tingle because he's a silly character, not in spite of it.

So in any case I say to Nintendo, give us both you cowards!

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
I'm a huge supporter of Shadow and while I won't speak for every fan, I will say that I'm still pretty heartbroken he didn't make it in. I really wish Shadow was revealed as an AT sooner. I really had my hopes up for him. Now I'm at a point where I've given up on the idea of Sonic ever getting a 2nd rep. However, while it still bums me out, I'm still grateful for everything Sakurai does. I'll always look forward to new fighters.

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 264673

You don't usually type out random stuff like this, so can I have like... some context?
They're referring to this:

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I hope he gets well soon. Gym accidents are no joke.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
No lie, it seems like Sakurai lives a really unhealthy life.

I mean, yeah, it's generally good to get to the gym, but if you're on low-cal diet that leaves you fatigued and dehydrated it can be dangerous... on top of his tendency to overwork and excessive gaming resulting in minimal sleep, on top of his history of tendonitis.

I appreciate the passion and drive he has, but some balance, rest, and sustenance wouldn't be amiss... I want the best for him...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Honestly I only started seeing Skull Kid popularity during the pre-release of Ultimate due to chair theory and I've been following Smash speculation since before Smash 4 came out.
Skull Kid got an early AT disconfirmation for Smash 4 so any popularity he had died quickly.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Wow. I feel bad for Sakurai, especially since I've seen it happen several times before. It's easy to correct, but it's still embarrassing.

Anyway, low calorie, high protein diets are good and all, but most meats tend to have a decent amount of sodium in them, even lighter stuff like grilled chicken, turkey breast, and tuna. Having a higher level of sodium in the body can force out fluid from cells and dehydrate a person.

So yeah, hydration is key with these diets, because you gotta replace all that fluid you're losing. Sodium and exercise can be a dangerous combination without fluid replacement.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

No it's not that reason we haven't rallied behind Impa. And in fact, we did for a long time. But now it's ever evident that Hyrule Warriors will get no content in Smash. And Impa can't function in Smash with her latest role in BotW. If she got ONE workable role next, massive support will show up for her. I guarantee you that.

Also I don't get why Sakurai would have a diet like that. He's already very skinny, he doesn't need to lose weight and such a diet is mostly for weight loss while maintaining muscle mass. Hope he gets well soon though.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Something else that'd be cool is if instead of having a promo Nintendo pick... they just pick a Nintendo character people wanted and requested. Someone who missed the mark for the base game and Fighter's Pass 1. They'd never do it because the promotion is too valuable but it'd be nice.
Lyn, or Krystal would be nice.
Geez Dehydration is no joke, at all, I hope he feels better soon, and drinks more water.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Something else that'd be cool is if instead of having a promo Nintendo pick... they just pick a Nintendo character people wanted and requested. Someone who missed the mark for the base game and Fighter's Pass 1. They'd never do it because the promotion is too valuable but it'd be nice.
I would go with Bandana Dee, lots of fans including me want him so much. (And more modern Kirby representation would be nice.)

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
**** to hear that about Sakurai - was hoping that the more spread out nature of the DLC would ease the pressure a bit, but I guess that's offset somewhat by working with a downsized team. Hope he recovers soon and is able to work at a healthier pace for the remaining duration of the DLC.

Regarding the whole Zelda character business, I agree on the point about the fanbase being sort of divided. Everyone has their favourite Zelda title (and people tend to be quite tribal about it, I've noticed) and from it, favourite characters who are typically one-offs. For me, it's Majora's Mask and Skull Kid (though I don't just want him cos it's my favourite game ever; I love his design and think he could have a fun moveset based around debuffs). This latest speculation cycle showed a few potential front-runners emerging, though too late to make a difference. Regarding BotW 2, it'd be cool to see a character get in, but that really depends who it is - I don't just want a character for their own sake; make it someone unique and cool.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Got a good feeling about a direct today. FP6 will be revealed there. Probably Hayabusa or Grovyle mystery dungeon for that cross promotion

D

Deleted member

direct vibes are gone. i haven't felt them in years. there will be no direct ever

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
You say that but you've spent more energy than anyone else railing against ATs. Most people legitimately spend zero effort doing it, because they don't do it, because they don't have a problem with them. This you cannot claim.

If you added up all the time and effort you've spent bemoaning ATs, I can tell you that it would not be "so little". I mean, not to be trite, but it really is a case of "rent free" with you, which just seems... unhealthy.
All I did was put in a throw away line, you're acting like I made a giant paragraph that only focused on Assist Trophy.

D

Deleted member

I hope Sakurai manages to recover.

Dehydration is legit a really bad thing to happen for anyone.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Since a Warframe spirit has come to Super Smash Bros Ultimate, this tweet back in 2018 could suggest that companies can approach Nintendo instead of being approached.

It could save Doom Guy from the Marty Stratton interview. He did say Nintendo never approached them but he didn't say that they approached Nintendo.

Here's the Marty Stratton interview fro reference: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ith_nintendo_asking_for_doomguy_in_smash_bros

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Got a good feeling about a direct today. FP6 will be revealed there. Probably Hayabusa or Grovyle mystery dungeon for that cross promotion
direct vibes are gone. i haven't felt them in years. there will be no direct ever
I love how these two posts are right next to each other.

It's too soon for a direct for Smash. Sakurai told us to expect the wait to be a bit. It's been barely a month; we're not getting anything soon. Wait another month or two, then we'll get our tease/reveal.

D

Deleted member

I love how these two posts are right next to each other.

It's too soon for a direct for Smash. Sakurai told us to expect the wait to be a bit. It's been barely a month; we're not getting anything soon. Wait another month or two, then we'll get our tease/reveal.
idc about smash brothers i just want to hear a shred of info about Literally Anything Else

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Honestly I only started seeing Skull Kid popularity during the pre-release of Ultimate due to chair theory and I've been following Smash speculation since before Smash 4 came out.
He was somewhat popular in the Melee, Brawl, and Smash 4 days as well just not at the top of the food chain per say in terms of highly requested characters. He has literally been in almost every fake fan made roster images over the years and he has arguably been the most wanted Zelda newcomer since Melee.

D

Deleted member

I just want to see the amiibo of the DQ heroes, a Gameplay trailer for the Fantastic Four in Ultimate Alliance 3, any kind of Metroid news and hopefully some Dragon Quest ports.

Getting a Godzilla game revealed too would be the GOAT, but I personally doubt it.

Faso115

Smash Lord
It's time to begin the summoning ritual. Summon your favourite character. I will start with mine

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIB BANDICOOT ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

I.D.

Smash Lord
I think most people have simply given up on ever getting a new Zelda character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom