• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Anybody got some crazy predictions for today’s potential spirit event ?

A series I'd love for an spirit event is the Sid Meier's Civilization series, as it recently all the expansion packs ported over to Switch. An Xcom spirit event would be cool too since It’s apparently Xcom 2 got rated for the Switch although not officially announced yet.
I'm gonna be on-edge the next three weeks. Any one of those Tuesdays, all the hope I have for Grovyle could go down the drain via spirit board..

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
since we got a cuphead event, maybe we'll get an undertale event where every fight can be cleared by either waiting out the timer, or by defeating all enemies (with each fight differing in how hard it is to achieve either method of victory) so you can pacifist or genocide the spirit board

they'll have ness be the standin for sans if you don't have the costume because of course they would

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Just something worth pointing out-Porky is not a spirit in SSBU. DLC/Extra boss incoming?
No. It litetally has no bearing since FP1 is done now. FP2 has no barring at all on base game spirits.

Honestly, people comparing Porky's situation to Byleth's are just reaching big time.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

A series I'd love for an spirit event is the Sid Meier's Civilization series, as it recently all the expansion packs ported over to Switch. An Xcom spirit event would be cool too since It’s apparently Xcom 2 got rated for the Switch although not officially announced yet.
The man with the probably best profile pic here says it again. Civilization Spirit Board. Done.
Remix of Baba Yetu too.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

It’s a pipe-dream, admittedly, but I wish we could get some Final Fantasy spirits. Preferably from across the series rather than just FFVII, but I’d still take the latter option at this point.

It’s sad that Cloud is the only character unable to utilize the franchise spirit bonus like the rest of the roster.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
H
It’s a pipe-dream, admittedly, but I wish we could get some Final Fantasy spirits. Preferably from across the series rather than just FFVII, but I’d still take the latter option at this point.

It’s sad that Cloud is the only character unable to utilize the franchise spirit bonus like the rest of the roster.
He gets one from Geno.

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman
Just watch it be some extreme frontrunner IP (as in the "This character is 100% guaranteed to be in and there is no way they're not happening" type of frontrunner) like Crash Bandicoot or something.
As much as that Resident Evil event stung, I would actually love for this to happen. I think the speculation community can only benefit from getting knocked down a couple of pegs and grounded a bit more. Everyone knows that Doomguy has to get in because he deserves it? Boom, they drop a Doom spirit event on us. So everyone moves on to Crash being the one who has to make it in. Bam, a Crash spirit event.

And Nintendo keeps doing this, deconfirming fan favorite after fan favorite until, in a state of haunted panic, the community agrees to stop insisting that frontrunners exist or that characters deserve spots.

And the entire second Pass is a big ol' surprise :)

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
A series I'd love for an spirit event is the Sid Meier's Civilization series, as it recently all the expansion packs ported over to Switch
Mahatma Gandhi (Civilization series)
ram.png

Legend
Shield Type

Conditions:
  • Stamina Battle
  • The enemy tends to avoid conflict
  • Bob-ombs will rain from the sky after a little while

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
The new Samurai Shodown releases on Switch today (at least in NA and Europe, I think it was released earlier in Japan).

I know we already have Haohmaru and Nakoruru spirits that came with Terry, but maybe we could still get a Samaurai Shodown event specifically with characters from the new game...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
we probably get a spirit event for Devil May Cry,Contra,Kingdom Hearts,Doom,Puyo Puyo or Viewtiful Joe(That's all I can think off at the moment)
Disney wouldn’t settle for Spirits or a Mii Costume. For Sora, it’s playable or bust imo

that said.... DANGANRONPA SPIRIT EVENT PLEASE (if they decide to throw Spike Chunsoft into the mix) ... though ideally I’d like to have a Monokuma PreMiium Brawler costume first

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Do want to point out that Season 2 having “no bearing on base game spirits” assumes Spirits will be chosen in the first place as opposed to each fighter pass being essentially entirely new to Smash. This is consistent with every challenger pack save for Corrin and Byleth, both main characters from recent Nintendo games.

I’m not attempting to start another Spirit debate, but we can’t possibly know that any particular Spirits are “fair game” for Season 2 until it actually happens.

For all the things that are called “fan rules”, that is also one of them. I wouldn’t call it impossible. But for now, we literally cannot know if Spirits actually have a shot, and we won’t know until it actually happens.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
So 100 pages have passed since my last view and I don't have time to read through all of that. What's the "general consensus" for the first FP2 character? Any names being thrown around more than others, or do we think it could literally be anyone at this point?

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Less than 10 minutes until we find out whether a DLC candidate gets axed by a new spirit event or if there is a new online tournament event. Ever since it was announced that there would be six more characters until Ultimate was done, I've been anxious about spirit event announcements since a character I want could be in the event.
So 100 pages have passed since my last view and I don't have time to read through all of that. What's the "general consensus" for the first FP2 character? Any names being thrown around more than others, or do we think it could literally be anyone at this point?
We don't really have a consensus on who the first character in the second Fighters Pass will be. All we've been doing for the past few weeks is normal speculation and discussing characters in general. We might end up seeing the next character's reveal blind.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
So many names and predictions have been thrown that one of them's bound to be right. Source Gaming has a poll going on, but even that might not give us a general consensus with the amount of characters people talk about.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
warframe spirit

Krankees

Smash Ace
Warframe Spirit

ZelDan

Smash Master
After much analysis and deliberation, we all eventually agreed that Bubsy the Bobcat is easily the most likely character to be FP6.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Of all the things I thought would get Spirited away, I can't say Warframe was at the top of the list but here we are

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
warframe spirit

GOD DAMN IT.

I was really pulling for Warframe man as a fighter, too.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
warframe spirit

Looks like the theme this time are spirits who are in black. Interestingly enough, as a couple people pointed out, there is a news spirit from Warframe. Wasn't expecting a spirit from that game.

D

Deleted member

warframe spirit

[twitter post]
Holy **** Warframe? That's pretty unexpected. I never would've imagine Warframe to ever be in Smash, so I'm pretty hyped up about this.

I believe this is also the first Free To Play game in Smash, so that's pretty remarkable.

D

Deleted member

warframe spirit

Out of all of my expectations, this was one of the things I didn't even knew about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm sure the 3 people asking for a Warframe character is devastated they might not get a character. But I can't think of any time where only one Spirit got added in one of these things. That's the part that surprises me.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
warframe spirit

Huh. Not the series I expected to get a single character event. Hasn't happened since Peachette so I thought Luigi's Mansion or PMD was more likely to have that happen but oh well. All this does is remind people that their favorite might not even get spirited with a whole event dedicated to their series and could just be thrown into a random one just cause. At least its only being minor characters so far.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
warframe spirit

Wait what

****ing Warframe, of all things!? I don't think anyone saw this one coming. Interesting.

So yet another western company is added to the Spirits section...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom