• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Question for the thread. Looking at not just the DLC but also future Smash games, do you think we'll ever get another Animal Crossing character, and if so, who is the character and how do they distinguish themselves from Villager and Isabelle?

I think there's a decent chance we could get Tom Nook, but I have no idea what he'd do.
Tom Nook would be the most likely character AC character if we were to ever get another one. He could maybe have some bell mechanic where you can spend bells on certain powered up moves or keep saving them to get an even stronger attack later. Could also somehow incorporate the different types of shops into his moveset.

Another idea I had is Kapp'n. I don't know how his moveset would work, but his attacks would represent all of the things in animal crossing relating to tropical islands and vehicles (since he drives you to the town at the beginning).

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Question for the thread. Looking at not just the DLC but also future Smash games, do you think we'll ever get another Animal Crossing character, and if so, who is the character and how do they distinguish themselves from Villager and Isabelle?

I think there's a decent chance we could get Tom Nook, but I have no idea what he'd do.
Tom Nook is inevitable, in my opinion. Most likely as an echo of one of the already present AC characters, but an inevitably none the less. K.K Slider will also probably happen one day, and unlike Nook he would be fully unique. A music based moveset hasn't happened, and Slider is one of the only options.

D

Deleted member

Any hopes season 2 will come with a new mode?
When Vol 2 is over and officially becomes the last DLC lineup of Ultimate, a proper All Star Mode would be the best new mode added as a proper sendoff to the entire game. Too bad it probably won't happen unless they decide to rename it to something else.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Make Tom Nook throw bells as projectiles.

I think that'd be funny, but then I remember he loves money too much so that would be unlikely, the greedy horder.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Tom Nook is inevitable,
Image URL (12).png

Tom Nook would be the most likely character AC character if we were to ever get another one. He could maybe have some bell mechanic where you can spend bells on certain powered up moves or keep saving them to get an even stronger attack later. Could also somehow incorporate the different types of shops into his moveset.

Another idea I had is Kapp'n. I don't know how his moveset would work, but his attacks would represent all of the things in animal crossing relating to tropical islands and vehicles (since he drives you to the town at the beginning).
I'd imagine Tom Nook would have a Pocket or Pocket-like move since it's so ubiquitous to Animal Crossing, but besides that I think you could come up with a completely new moveset for him. First off he would heavier than Villager or Isabelle since Tom is a bit hefty. Perhaps he could use bell-bags as a weapons that get bigger and deal more damage with how much bells he's built up, but the bells can be used as a currency on other moves kind of like MP. Just spitballing some ideas...

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Any hopes season 2 will come with a new mode?
Not when Sakurai straight up said Home Run Contest was the last new mode, and this was after more DLC was greenlit. It sucks but atleast it means they'll be focusing entirely on the characters I guess. Another reason why I think the whole "December 2021" thing is just a placeholder given they are literally working on nothing else.
https://youtu.be/DPh3HM6ofWU?t=1029

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
As long as Animal Crossing keeps adding new tools and abilities, I think virtually any character could get in.

download.jpeg-5.jpg
20200222_200045-360x278.jpg

Now I don't know how soon that character would get in, but as long as AC stays popular, I say there's a chance.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

As long as Animal Crossing keeps adding new tools and abilities, I think virtually any character could get in.

View attachment 263500View attachment 263508

I don't know how soon that character would get in, but as long as AC stays popular, I say there a chance.
They can honestly do whatever with AC. Villager has boxing gloves, a bowling ball, balloon fighter, even though he can never even use them in the actual AC.

Isabelle has a toy hammer and a party popper of all things.

It just depends on character popularity. Like New Horizons is focusing extensively on Tom Nook, so maybe he can be a newcomer. Or before Smash 6, some crazy new character in a new AC game becomes a breakout character like Isabelle, and we could expect them.

Animal Crossing is for sure getting a newcomer in Smash 6. The series is absurdly popular and safe for casuals, and it's relatively untapped and easy to be creative with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So the King K. Rool, Isabelle and Piranha Plant amiibo are being restocked and releasing on April 17th at Best Buy. If the Joker amiibo is revealed to be released on that date as well. Then we'll probably see FP6 on that month too if amiibo theory carries on into Volume 2.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So the King K. Rool, Isabelle and Piranha Plant amiibo are being restocked and releasing on April 17th at Best Buy. If the Joker amiibo is revealed to be released on that date as well. Then we'll probably see FP6 on that month too if amiibo theory carries on into Volume 2.
Gonna doubt this. Sakurai only introduces new amiibos rather than market old ones.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
They can honestly do whatever with AC. Villager has boxing gloves, a bowling ball, balloon fighter, even though he can never even use them in the actual AC.

Isabelle has a toy hammer and a popgun of all things.

It just depends on character popularity. Like New Horizons is focusing extensively on Tom Nook, so maybe he can be a newcomer. Or before Smash 6, some crazy new character in a new AC game becomes a breakout character like Isabelle, we could expect them.

Animal Crossing is for sure getting a newcomer in Smash 6. The series is absurdly popular and safe for casuals, and it's relatively untapped and easy to be creative with.
Ummm, our goodest girl doesn't use a popgun, thank you. It's a confetti popper. She's too wholesome for guns of any sort. Though she's hard enough to slingshot your eye out.

Wrathful_Scythe

Smash Journeyman
Not when Sakurai straight up said Home Run Contest was the last new mode, and this was after more DLC was greenlit. It sucks but atleast it means they'll be focusing entirely on the characters I guess. Another reason why I think the whole "December 2021" thing is just a placeholder given they are literally working on nothing else.
https://youtu.be/DPh3HM6ofWU?t=1029
I'm pretty sure that a lot of people are already on other projects behind the scenes. No way that a whole studio is working on "just" a few character packs and balance adjustments. My guess is that development on the DLC has now slowed down with a smaller staff, which is why we have a bigger window now between the characters.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ummm, our goodest girl doesn't use a popgun, thank you. It's a confetti popper. She's too wholesome for guns of any sort. Though she's hard enough to slingshot your eye out.
Isabelle totally owns a gun in private life. There's no need to deny it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Guess we can rule next week out then.
Quick question: who do you guys think are the most likely Capcom reps?
I think it comes down to Dante and Phoenix Wright. Really hoping for the latter.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Inb4 we get no new Capcom reps.
lowkey expecting this tbh

I'd be fine with Dante OR Phoenix happening but since we got a Resident Evil spirit event, i think Capcom's out, as is Arc System Works. note that Square Enix, Bandai Namco, Konami, Microsoft, and Sega have yet to receive standalone spirit events, though I think Konami (at least for Goemon) and Microsoft (Cuphead is Studio MDHR so it doesn't technically count. Ori? the cut Rare Spirits?) may happen soon anyway

D

Deleted member

No next week then (technically this week in my place).

D

Deleted member

lowkey expecting this tbh

I'd be fine with Dante OR Phoenix happening but since we got a Resident Evil spirit event, i think Capcom's out, as is Arc System Works. note that Square Enix, Bandai Namco, Konami, Microsoft, and Sega have yet to receive standalone spirit events, though I think Konami (at least for Goemon) and Microsoft (Cuphead is Studio MDHR so it doesn't technically count. Ori? the cut Rare Spirits?) may happen soon anyway
Honestly, I don't know if we're getting a Capcom newcomer.

We were all pretty sure Capcom (and Namco) were going to be in Season 1, and they didn't end up being there. Not sure what makes Season 2 different.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
There's only been one instance where they revealed an amiibo close to a month before it released, and that was with BotW Zelda and Bokoblin.

This is probably just a normal restock of amiibo they think will sell. Don't think it's indicative of any kind of character reveal.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

Isabelle has a toy hammer and a party popper of all things.

It just depends on character popularity. Like New Horizons is focusing extensively on Tom Nook, so maybe he can be a newcomer. Or before Smash 6, some crazy new character in a new AC game becomes a breakout character like Isabelle, and we could expect them.

The toy hammer is actually from a mini game from Amiibo Festival

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
As what some of the others said, it's likely an amiibo restock, so it doesn't really indicate much. We still don't know when the amiibos for the first Fighters Pass characters will come out yet, but they'll be announced.
Isabelle totally owns a gun in private life. There's no need to deny it.

For her neutral special, she wields a gun.

krokotopia101

Smash Apprentice
Somedays I kinda wish some Smash characters could be reworked so their movesets could actually mirror the movesets they use in their existing game. Kirby utilizing more power-up abilities around the many Kirby games, Young Link utilizing his different masks from the Majora's Mask series, Villager not only upgrading to their New Horizons appearance but utilizing the different props and activities found throughout there.

....Nah, but seriously, I get people don't like change, but at LEAST make the Links unique from each other. Like...seriously, we got one, just make the other 2 unique. They literally have the same exact moveset.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom