• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Poor title aside, I don't like how there's a few people who feel like this was justified because of the controversy around SwSh.

Regardless of what game we're talking about, it still sucks for the development team whenever a surprise they tried so hard to keep a secret gets ruined. Sakurai himself said that he didn't like investing so much time into SSE's cutscenes only for them to be leaked and posted online ahead of the game's launch.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Welp, nothing from Nintendo now. Mandy’s last chance is tonight if that Laurie guy is telling the truth

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Edit: It keeps saying I’m double posting after it tells me other people have posted.
When in doubt, you can just hit Reply for each post that you're going to respond to before typing out your responses; that or the multi-quote button (+Quote, which is next to Reply) should clear up a lot of the double posts for most users.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It's the wording, notice the use of "fingers" instead of "fines".
4e2ced108cc707991af7e3de5bb9dda6.gif

Well, cleary, someone been playing too much Ace Attorney.

Real talk, the wording didn't click with me right away.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No but you don't understand! We had a drought from the day after Terry came out apl the way to January and now we have another simply unbearable drought since January 29th! It's unbearable I tell you!
Well, yeah I get it now. I'm for instance dying to hear about Zelda BotW2, Smash is just a small thing for me compared to it currently. Also, I do think we might see something before the 28th, simply because the long anticipated Three Houses story DLC is coming out.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Well, yeah I get it now. I'm for instance dying to hear about Zelda BotW2, Smash is just a small thing for me compared to it currently. Also, I do think we might see something before the 28th, simply because the long anticipated Three Houses story DLC is coming out.
I honestly just wanna know more about animal crossing and thats not gonna be in some general direct

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I just wanna know when Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition comes out and any other new stuff aside from Bionis Shoulder

Elma cameo?! Maybe Rex/Pyra cameo too just for the continuity sake of the Land of Challenges

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Let’s still see if an evening announcement happens just in case. That Laurie fellow said you can expect a direct announcement “later today”, and by evening EST it would be tomorrow morning in Japan which makes sense as today is a holiday there and it’s currently noon there

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
At least there's the likely announcement of Kombat Pack 2 next month on the 8th upon Spawn's release.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I'm still feeling March for the General Direct. With how hard they went information wise in January in specific Directs or just additional little announcements, that is usually indicative of them skipping the next month for a Direct. I mean we learned of the: Pokemon Expansion Pass and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX, Byleth's existence and Fighter's Pass Volume 2, Metro Redux on Switch, and Fire Emblem Three Houses Cindered Shadows DLC. That's a lot of information for January anyway and it just seems like Nintendo doesn't have nearly the blowout people are waiting for ready quite yet (if said blow out even exists like it did last year).

Also, a March Direct bodes better for proper Smash news since a month and a half minimum between the announcement of Volume 2 and a reveal would definitely be "some time" and that was roughly how long they spent between announcing the original Fighter's Pass and Joker's reveal.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It was stupid to expect something today considering there's literally a national holiday going on in Japan.

Come back tomorrow.
Unless Google, etc. are using Western timezones for some reason, their holiday would’ve been just about over already at the time of the Direct’s announcement.

edit: though, I guess Nintendo employees took the day/night off...I dunno...

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
There was a problem fetching the tweet
There was a problem fetching the tweet
It’s currently 6:19 PM in Germany right now. Yeah, I think an evening EST announcement is a bit more realistic now

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
kinda crazy that people go this insane over what is essentially a 30 minute long company advertisement

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
kinda crazy that people go this insane over what is essentially a 30 minute long company advertisement
I think part of the problem is that we know VERY little about what's coming out on the Switch in 2020. In terms of games with concrete release dates (day, month, and year - not just a year), it mainly seems to be third party ports/compilations of older games, Animal Crossing, and that's it. (I don't think that Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition got a release date, though I could be wrong)

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I can understand Smash-wise. It's a lot easier for people to purchase a second Fighter's Pass if they at least know one of the characters. It going on sale well before revealing something doesn't sit well with many. Not going in blind is understandable. You'd still be going in blind, but just a bit less. The best way to get sales for it is at least one reveal. It sets the stage and all and builds up way more hype. Especially since Byleth was controversial to begin with.

We're not that bad off for general Nintendo information, though we could really use more for the upcoming year.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I find it funny that the Mii costume for Season 2 is the Ancient One’s gear. Just generic armor, not a likeness of a character like Rex for season 1.

prolly doesn’t mean anything in the long run, I just found it funny

also not to be Current Events On Main but there’s a very real possibility they’re concerned about coronavirus and are taking some days off just in case. Several Japanese companies are doing this as there have been confirmed cases in Japan

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm still feeling March for the General Direct. With how hard they went information wise in January in specific Directs or just additional little announcements, that is usually indicative of them skipping the next month for a Direct. I mean we learned of the: Pokemon Expansion Pass and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX, Byleth's existence and Fighter's Pass Volume 2, Metro Redux on Switch, and Fire Emblem Three Houses Cindered Shadows DLC. That's a lot of information for January anyway and it just seems like Nintendo doesn't have nearly the blowout people are waiting for ready quite yet (if said blow out even exists like it did last year).

Also, a March Direct bodes better for proper Smash news since a month and a half minimum between the announcement of Volume 2 and a reveal would definitely be "some time" and that was roughly how long they spent between announcing the original Fighter's Pass and Joker's reveal.
Well more the reason to be more excited for March if that's the case.

An direct, Bloodshot, My Spy, Spawn releasing and Kombat Pack 2 likely being announced! :grin:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Already shared it with the Social Thread, but I'll drop it here too:

Pretty much the state of this place and Nintendo fandoms period right now, lol. TBH, even when one does come, I hope people here aren't banking too hard on FP6. I'd hate to see a repeat of TGA.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I think part of the problem is that we know VERY little about what's coming out on the Switch in 2020. In terms of games with concrete release dates (day, month, and year - not just a year), it mainly seems to be third party ports/compilations of older games, Animal Crossing, and that's it. (I don't think that Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition got a release date, though I could be wrong)
I think in terms of concrete release dates, we don't know much past March, and since Animal Crossing has a chance of getting a dedicated Direct that month, people have come to expect a general Direct before it.

Tbh I care more about Bayo 3, BotW 2 and at least a heads up for Prime 4 than Challenger Pack 6 right now. That and whatever new games they announce for 2020.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Already shared it with the Social Thread, but I'll drop it here too:

Pretty much the state of this place and Nintendo fandoms period right now, lol. TBH, even when one does come, I hope people here aren't banking too hard on FP6. I'd hate to see a repeat of TGA.
I much prefer details on BOTW 2, Prime 4 (and the rumored remake of Super Metroid), Bayonetta 3 details and other potential new stuff then FP6 right now. BOTW 2 in particular is what I want to know more details off the most.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I also would very much like to know who the first fighter of season 2 is before I buy it. At this rate it’s probably NOT going to be Crash anyway

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
At the very least I can see them doing a Joker style tease with no gameplay, just saying “hey here’s your next character, stay tuned for more info”

SNEKeater

Smash Master
The big hit seller games aren't coming until the second half of this year.

For now, we can live with Animal Crossing and Final Fantasy 7. Kinda concerned about the remake though, wonder why they had to delay. I don't want another No Man's Sky problem.
Saying that when The Last of Us 2 comes out in a few months...
Then you have games like Resident Evil 3 and DOOM Eternal, which maybe don't sell 10 million but they're not small games if terms of sales.

In the other hand, is understandable that a good amount of big sellers won't come out until the last months of the year. Between delays and new consoles, that's normal.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
At the very least I can see them doing a Joker style tease with no gameplay, just saying “hey here’s your next character, stay tuned for more info”
That would be more than good enough for people right now. Some big hitter will get the Pass selling fast. A huge part of hype just comes from who a character is, not even the gameplay is necessary. Joker made a huge splash with nothing to really show.

It doesn't take much. Smash is character-driven after all.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I much prefer details on BOTW 2, Prime 4 (and the rumored remake of Super Metroid), Bayonetta 3 details and other potential new stuff then FP6 right now. BOTW 2 in particular is what I want to know more details off the most.
I'm the same. I'd honestly prefer a trailer for BotW 2 over F6.

Some info on what to expect at E3 would be cool too.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It would be a very bad idea to wait until E3 to reveal FP6.
Earliest I see is March/April for FP6. Honestly I'm thinking were probably not gonna get a direct until next month since they probably want to discuss more with Animal Crossing before the new games release.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
They can hold news on CP6 for as long as they want, just give me ****ing Xenoblade god dammit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom