• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Just an Opinion I think Dr. Mario is a disappointment we need a true Tetris type of game rep with the play style included in the moveset
You have any ideas on how you're gonna make a moveset revolving around stacking blocks?

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
There was a problem fetching the tweet
We shall see indeed... hope they’re ready to take that big fat L if Crash doesn’t open the pass
One thing I can give him and 4chan "leakers" credit for is that they stick to their guns.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
NateDrake said that its not for AC

Also they have done this before with the Cloud Reveal. If we looking at something at his level, then Crash, Sora and Master Chief. Of Course this could be anything.

View attachment 261865
So is this NateDrake guy another insider or something?

If not, I don't understand why we should listen to what he's saying.

Why would they give them a private screening of something like that?
I'd say it's to get more attention and the followers of these influencers, tuning in.

Recording their reactions, letting those reactions spread to the influencer fanbase, getting retweets for that, spreading the word. It's not a bad tactic.

This could be for Pokemon, or something else, not for Smash, so I'm not exactly expecting Smash atm.

Wouldn't mind being proven wrong though but we shall see.

Geckocalypse

Smash Rookie
Arle is a 50/50 she might not end up being the one representing puzzle game type of moveset because theses puyo puyo games were just spinoffs
Puyo's been around since 1991, are super popular, still being made, as well as having a Tetris crossover. Being a spinoff doesn't make it less likely when the spinoff is more well known than the game it's spun off from.

Either way Arle is one of the characters I personally want most since Doomguy was deconfirmed.

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128

Only thing I know is that he's posting it on ResetEra (which doesn't tolerate fake leaks, AKA the only reason to go to ResetEra). Someone else can probably better explain who he is

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

I'd say it's to get more attention and the followers of these influencers, tuning in.

Recording their reactions, letting those reactions spread to the influencer fanbase, getting retweets for that, spreading the word. It's not a bad tactic.

This could be for Pokemon, or something else, not for Smash, so I'm not exactly expecting Smash atm.

Wouldn't mind being proven wrong though but we shall see.
NateDrake is an insider. He's also pretty reliable, usually hinting at dates to look out for or clearing up behind the scenes stuff.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah, I wouldn't put it past Hosoyamada that he just likes Smash/3H/Byleth, but I'm pretty sure Monolith Soft retweeted Robin/Lucina's Smash 4 reveal back in July 2014, and Shulk was revealed for Smash 4 like a month later...
For that, the producer from Monolith worked on F-Zero X iirc, which is why Captain Falcon was in that trailer (it was on July 14, F-Zero X’s JP anniversary)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Nintendo has publically named and shamed a leak source for leaking Sword and Shield so people actually knew what they were buying. Considering how hard they cracked down on Smash leaks for a while as nobody was claiming Terry until after Nintendo leaked it themselves and Byleth, I suppose we shouldn't expect proper leaks any time soon.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Nintendo has publically named and shamed a leak source for leaking Sword and Shield so people actually knew what they were buying. Considering how hard they cracked down on Smash leaks for a while as nobody was claiming Terry until after Nintendo leaked it themselves and Byleth, I suppose we shouldn't expect proper leaks any time soon.
I doubt that's going to stop people.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
So I took a peek at the supposed maintenance between now and the 15th... and it seems related to online use of software (games) only. Not the eShop services, which are arguably a bigger indicator of an incoming Direct.

So imo the maintenance itself doesn't mean much. Unless we really get a Direct with only stuff that won't launch close to it, but I find that unlikely.

Overall, I'm lowering my expectations.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
A new Direct could be about anything. Why does it always have to be Smash related? We just recently got Byleth after all. I don't expect nothing.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Imagine if they were stalling the direct because it didn't have Smash news. No point advertizing anything else if it'll get drowned out by "THAT WAS IT? WHERE'S THE SMASH NEWS? AAAA"

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So has there been any concrete news recently?

Seems a lot of patchy stuff about the Direct and a few guys are hungry for it.

I doubt that's going to stop people.
Eh, I think it will and if someone does do like with Pokemon and Smash again, I think it will get worse. If I were them I would make the most of the situation and try and spin it.
Some people just don't care though.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Arle is a 50/50 she might not end up being the one representing puzzle game type of moveset because theses puyo puyo games were just spinoffs
You're really underselling how big puyo puyo was in japan

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
A new Direct could be about anything. Why does it always have to be Smash related? We just recently got Byleth after all. I don't expect nothing.
No but you don't understand! We had a drought from the day after Terry came out apl the way to January and now we have another simply unbearable drought since January 29th! It's unbearable I tell you!

D

Deleted member

No but you don't understand! We had a drought from the day after Terry came out apl the way to January and now we have another simply unbearable drought since January 29th! It's unbearable I tell you!
Even I have to agree. Though I'm merely looking at the direction of how this pass will turn out.

Geno Boost

Smash Master

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I'm guessing nothing concrete on any Direct rumours then.

I just want more gaming news to be fair. I'm fine going without Smash news until E3 to be straight here.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
They probably figure that animal crossing and Mystery dungeon is enough to hold people over till later.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
If there really is no Smash related news in the next Direct, I think the best Sakurai could do is warn us ahead of time so people (outside of a crazy few delusionals that think he's lying) can temper expectations. That's what they did with Terry's livestream.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If there really is no Smash related news in the next Direct, I think the best Sakurai could do is warn us ahead of time so people (outside of a crazy few delusionals that think he's lying) can temper expectations. That's what they did with Terry's livestream.
Oh, like he did when talking about V2? Or do you mean like when he told people to lower expectations around October after 'revealing too much'?

D

Deleted member

Oh, like he did when talking about V2? Or do you mean like when he told people to lower expectations around October after 'revealing too much'?
remember when sakurai was trolling us by saying there wouldn't be too many characters only to reveal 5 characters at once in the november direct

osby

Smash Obsessed
Sakurai: "You'll need to wait for a while for any news on Smash."
Smash fans: "OK."
Next Nintendo Direct: *has no Smash news*
Smash fans:
1581427757386.png

D

Deleted member

in the next direct they will reveal a reboot of the larryboy series for the nintendo switch. as promotion, larryboy will be revealed as the 6th fighter's pass character

?????????????

Smash Master
It’s interesting how some of Mandy’s stuff has lined up. It’s making me keep an eye on them, but personally, I don’t know them at all.

That said, I am always a bit more interested when someone makes a claim to their name; most “fake leakers” stay anonymous, since there’s no risk to being bombarded with questions and harassment.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Y'know, I was kinda expecting to know if Mandy was fake or real today.

Now, I'm not entirely sure. If a hypothetical direct were announced today, what time would it be at?

D

Deleted member

Y'know, I was kinda expecting to know if Mandy was fake or real today.

Now, I'm not entirely sure. If a hypothetical direct were announced today, what time would it be at?
in about 13 minutes iirc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom