• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I know people probably aren't super excited for Ryu Hayabusa or anything, there hasn't been a Ninja Gaiden since 2014? But I think imagining his potential moveset his great, based on his original game. Sure, him clinging to the wall and just being able to hang out there would be annoying so they'd have to do something about that- Sides that though, I imagine he'd be a lot of fun to play
I find it weird that my excitement for Ryu Hayabusa comes and goes. Not sure why, he’s one of my most nostalgic video game icons ever.

Sadly, I’ve only really played the original trilogy, and the 1st from the reboot (plus DOA2) so when people talk about all the new gen stuff he’d bring, I’m lost, lol.

But yeah, more often than not, I really want Ryu Hayabusa in Smash. The reveal trailer would definitely seal the deal for me.

D

Deleted member

What date did Mandy can say? 12th? If so, RIP his claims
Wasn’t the September direct announced a day before or am I misremembering, bc if so then it could be tomorrow and happen on the 12th still

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Y'all really need to chill out. The immaturity that always comes out of this topic is unreal.

Anyhoo, perhaps we should refocus on actual speculation. I'm sure the mods would appreciate that. I think Hat Kid's getting a Mii costume.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Y'all really need to chill out. The immaturity that always comes out of this topic is unreal.

Anyhoo, perhaps we should refocus on actual speculation. I'm sure the mods would appreciate that. I think Hat Kid's getting a Mii costume.
Speaking of, I also think the same of Cadence. The Zelda crossover sold well. If Undertale and Cuphead got a "premium" costume, I don't see why Necrodancer wouldn't.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
In terms of indies, I think The Knight from Hallow Knight is an obvious one. Madelaine from Celeste, Cadence from Crypt of the Necrodancer, Hat Kid from A Hat in Time, and Yooka-Laylee stand a decent shot of getting a costume.

Last edited:

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
You know, regarding "premium Mii costumes", I wonder if we could possibly get some non-indie ones. For example, maybe Ball Guy from Sword and Shield could come with the Gen 8 gym leader theme (if we don't get a new Pokémon newcomer), or Link from the Link's Awakening remake could come with a Ballad of the Windfish remix.

Or even Sephiroth with One Winged Angel (doubt he'd work as a premium Mii costume tho).

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
In terms of indies, I think The Knight from Hallow Knight is an obvious one. Madelaine from Celeste, Cadence from Crypt of the Necrodancer, Hat Kid from A Hat in Time, and Yooka-Laylee stand a decent shot of getting a costume.
Dunno, I have a hard time seeing Madeline as a good choice for a Mii costume. Of the three archetypes, the only one she'd fit in with is Brawler, really, and even then I would find it weird. Well, not like we haven't seen other creative liberties like that happen, but...

Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BigUglyMan-Doll
Don't get your hopes up, if it's not then there's next week! And the next week! And the next-
*Phone Rings*

And the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day...

Speaking of, I also think the same of Cadence. The Zelda crossover sold well. If Undertale and Cuphead got a "premium" costume, I don't see why Necrodancer wouldn't.
Yes! I've been wanting this ever since the Sans reveal. I'm pretty confident it'll happen, too. If NecroDancer can cross over with the Legend of Zelda, of all series, it can certainly get a costume and song in Smash.
My hope and expectation is that they would choose Disco Descent. It is the Level 1 theme, after all.
I'll be ecstatic if they use Infernal Descent from the game's metal soundtrack, aka the best version of the soundtrack. I think it would be the best fit for Smash. But, that's just my personal preference.

At the very least, I could see them including a Hollow Knight mask, Yooka hood/mask, and Hat Kid's... well, hat.
A full Hollow Knight or Yooka & Laylee costume might look a bit weird and disproportionate on a Mii.
A Hat Kid costume could work, though. And all of those characters you mentioned would come with great songs, no doubt.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
You know, regarding "premium Mii costumes", I wonder if we could possibly get some non-indie ones. For example, maybe Ball Guy from Sword and Shield could come with the Gen 8 gym leader theme (if we don't get a new Pokémon newcomer), or Link from the Link's Awakening remake could come with a Ballad of the Windfish remix.

Or even Sephiroth with One Winged Angel (doubt he'd work as a premium Mii costume tho).
Some ideas off the top of my head...

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Part of me would love to see Ryu Habayusa get revealed as a fighter and then just to confuse people also have premium Mii costumes for both versions of the main character from the Messenger.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I'd be down for a Yooka-Laylee Brawler outfit if it means we can get another remix from Kirkhope

Bonus points if they actually let it be played on Spiral Mountain

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
One mii costume that I would like is Doom slayer + one music. I know he's been deconfirmed, but I don't know when the mii costumes are decided so maybe he still have a chance for that.

Another non indie costume I want his scorpion and sub-zero. They could come with the Mortal kombat main theme.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BigUglyMan-Doll
While we're talking about PreMiium costumes and DLC music, I have I bring up my dream for a Shovel Knight swordfighter costume, and my absolute favorite song not already in Smash, STRIKE. THE. EARTH!

It's the last thing I need for Ultimate's soundtrack to feel complete to me, short of more Shovel Knight (and Tropical Freeze) music, but that's clearly not happening this time around with Shovel Knight as an assist (and new DKC content ending with K. Rool).

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
A premium Mii costume of Gunvolt bundled with one of Lumen's songs is all that I ask for.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
While we're talking about PreMiium costumes and DLC music, I have I bring up my dream for a Shovel Knight swordfighter costume, and my absolute favorite song not already in Smash, STRIKE. THE. EARTH!

It's the last thing I need for Ultimate's soundtrack to feel complete to me, short of more Shovel Knight (and Tropical Freeze) music, but that's clearly not happening this time around with Shovel Knight as an assist (and new DKC content ending with K. Rool).
Shovel Knight as an assist is still so goddamn wild to me a year and a half later, especially as it also got 5 Spirits. Honestly that's my favourite AT reveal cause as much as I went "Yo that's ****in sick" at Black Knight and stuff, I ****ing popped off at that. That direct was great

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
One mii costume that I would like is Doom slayer + one music. I know he's been deconfirmed, but I don't know when the mii costumes are decided so maybe he still have a chance for that.

Another non indie costume I want his scorpion and sub-zero. They could come with the Mortal kombat main theme.
Just to note, the main MK themes(technomix etc.) are tied to the movies, not the games. The games, while having good music, often have a lot more generic stage themes that fit the areas.

Note that it's a bad idea, either. That's the most memorable music for MK to begin with. I don't know if they'd slightly censor it(mostly removing Finish Him/Her and any variations on the Fatality etc. words?) either. It's a fairly long song that the question is whether you want to have the other characters mentioned(if you're using Movie 1 or Movie 2 theme. You've got 7 names to mention in the first one, and due to the loads and loads of characters, not sure on how many off the top of my head anymore. 14 or so?).

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BigUglyMan-Doll
Shovel Knight as an assist is still so goddamn wild to me a year and a half later, especially as it also got 5 Spirits. Honestly that's my favourite AT reveal cause as much as I went "Yo that's ****in sick" at Black Knight and stuff, I ****ing popped off at that. That direct was great
Yeah, same here.
I've been a big fan of Shovel Knight since the beginning, and he was easily in my top five most wanted newcomers, but I didn't think he had much of a chance. The fact that Shovel Knight was included at all was massively exciting for me. It's a huge honor for Yacht Club, and one they really deserve.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
My guesses for premium Mii costumes would be Quote, Geno, and Knight (Hollow Knight).

Although, that is a lot of Mii Gunners...

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
My guesses for premium Mii costumes would be Quote, Geno, and Knight (Hollow Knight).

Although, that is a lot of Mii Gunners...
I think overall Mii Gunner probably has the best costumes, they just keep giving it good ones... Like, let the swordies and brawlers have some too

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Yeah, same here.
I've been a big fan of Shovel Knight since the beginning, and he was easily in my top five most wanted newcomers, but I didn't think he had much of a chance. The fact that Shovel Knight was included at all was massively exciting for me. It's a huge honor for Yacht Club, and one they really deserve.
Here I am wishing Shantae got the same treatment just to have a good 3D model of her.
EQHMa8_WkAQxvWc.jpeg.jpg

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Except Fatman doesn't think Nintendo characters are the devil.
I’ve said numerous times that Byleth is one of my favorite inclusions to date after playing Three Houses. So your claim is already false, lol.

Though I do prefer new franchises to be represented in DLC, 100%.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I’ve said numerous times that Byleth is one of my favorite inclusions to date after playing Three Houses. So your claim is already false, lol.

Though I do prefer new franchises to be represented in DLC, 100%.
Don't you see? Not exclusively wanting Nintendo characters means you're biased against them, otherwise you'd stan Komurasaki

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Just to note, the main MK themes(technomix etc.) are tied to the movies, not the games. The games, while having good music, often have a lot more generic stage themes that fit the areas.

Note that it's a bad idea, either. That's the most memorable music for MK to begin with. I don't know if they'd slightly censor it(mostly removing Finish Him/Her and any variations on the Fatality etc. words?) either. It's a fairly long song that the question is whether you want to have the other characters mentioned(if you're using Movie 1 or Movie 2 theme. You've got 7 names to mention in the first one, and due to the loads and loads of characters, not sure on how many off the top of my head anymore. 14 or so?).

That's fair, but I didn't have any better music idea because like you said, MK isn't really know for it's ecxeptionnal music, most of them are bland. I guess they could just come with no music like Altaïr and Rabbids.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
We should probably stop discussing specific users anyway. Not only is it off-topic, but it does little more than start flamewars.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
As I've said before, it all depends on the franchise.

Bubsy would bring an entire unrepresented universe with him, but there are about ten other Nintendo franchises already in Smash I'd rather see get a character before Bubsy. Same thing applies to other franchises that are a bit more realistic. If I don't care about/like the series, then of course I'd prefer a character from one that I do like, even if it's already in Smash.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
We should probably stop discussing specific users anyway. Not only is it off-topic, but it does little more than start flamewars.
Even better is to just report that kind of thing and move on, imo?

That's fair, but I didn't have any better music idea because like you said, MK isn't really know for it's ecxeptionnal music, most of them are bland. I guess they could just come with no music like Altaïr and Rabbids.
I'd still love it. Hell, even an instrumental variation could work. I guess a big thing depends upon how easy the rights are to acquire at this point. Especially since the original writers are a specific group. WB owns Mortal Kombat. Then again, getting an instrumental version of the song, along with Scorpion or Sub-Zero, and a Spirit Board(cause it's a huge franchise that definitely could get one down the line with or without a character) would be the best case scenario overall.

My question is what game songs would make for a good Music List right now. Just the general stage music, and maybe a movie theme or two if there's no Premium Costumes.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
So you guys think an Direct is this week or next?
At the very least, if not this week, I still expect a Direct sometime later this month.

I also believe we're getting a Smash reveal in that Direct. As pointed out before, leaving us hanging for months until E3 with a Fighters Pass we know almost nothing about is suicidal marketing... and even if it wasn't, it's still a much smarter choice to reveal the first character earlier than later, since it would give more people who are holding off until later a reason to buy the Fighters Pass now.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I also believe we're getting a Smash reveal in that Direct. As pointed out before, leaving us hanging for months until E3 with a Fighters Pass we know almost nothing about is suicidal marketing... and even if it wasn't, it's still a much smarter choice to reveal the first character earlier than later, since it would give more people who are holding off until later a reason to buy the Fighters Pass now.
I know I have argued in favor of a reveal this month, but....

I honestly wouldn’t hold my breath for one until E3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom