• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I've only really seen that attitude from the Geno or 2B fandom TBH.
The tribalism mentality some got in this fanbase has is unreal.

People can be happy their character looks more likely in their eyes now, but do they really gotta dump on the other crowd? It's just petty and immature.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The tribalism mentality some got in this fanbase has is unreal.

People can be happy your character looks more likely in their eyes now, but do they really gotta dump on the other crowd? It's just petty and immature.
Meh, I'm used to it.

Being petty and immature is just what happens when you mesh a ton of fanbases together. lol

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Meh, I'm used to it.

Being petty and immature is just what happens when to mesh a ton of fanbases together. lol
I'm used to it too, but man, the Sora news is a bit of a bummer to big KH fans like me. I remember people were actually pretty sad about RE getting deconfirmed and respectful towards those bummed out by that. Guess that doesn't extend to all characters.

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
So Doom meets Sora is the name of the game thus far in the Speculation scene of volume dos
There's also the guessing game with that whole Fighter 6 is based on Bayo thing but now it's probably less "model is used as a base" and more "they share a key property with Bayo"

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Tldr

Former game journalist with tons of connections caught wind that Nintendo failed at getting Sora for season 2.
OOooof. That really sucks if true. Sora was one of my picks for Season 2.

Well Sora's chances had went down the drain whereas Chief's had skyrocketed. You can see on this video a few pages back.
S'cuse me, what!?

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
That Master Chief thing wasn't even an insider thing, it's was just pure speculation on his part.

If it is true (and it likely is) im a bit down that Sora ain't happening but I at least have the satisfaction of knowing he was considered for a spot. That's knocks down an argument for his inclusion at least.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
There's also the guessing game with that whole Fighter 6 is based on Bayo thing but now it's probably less "model is used as a base" and more "they share a key property with Bayo"
Coooommmmmeee on 2B!!!! Coooommmmmeee on Elma!!!!

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
yall know what time it is

context: Bayo and Elma both use TWO guns, not one

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
People do realize Imran never said anything about MC in that conversation right? He only specifically talked about Sora.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Can we all just agree that if a DLC Fighter is found out to be using Incineroar as a base, that that fighter is most likely Crash Bandicoot?
Whoa!

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I can't see anyone else taking up that Bayonetta spot other than 2B. I would be surprised if it isn't her.

Can we all just agree that if a DLC Fighter is found out to be using Incineroar as a base, that that fighter is most likely Crash Bandicoot?
Whoa!
This is the only explanation.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm gonna die laughing if everyone expects Dante or 2B on the day of the F6 reveal because of that Bayo thing, and then we end up getting someone with a design that's not even remotely similar, like Steve or a Pokemon or something.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm gonna die laughing if everyone expects Dante or 2B on the day of the F6 reveal because of that Bayo thing, and then we end up getting someone with a design that's not even remotely similar, like Steve or a Pokemon or something.
Maybe someone with an attack like Witch time?

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Not gonna lie, I'd likely be one of the salty ones. Steve is one of the very few characters I actively do not want in this game as a playable character. If he has to make it, give him the Sans and Cuphead treatment. He'd perfect for it.

Dante has Quicksilver and 2B's dodge in Automata has something of a similar effect.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Not gonna lie, I'd likely be one of the salty ones. Steve is one of the very few characters I actively do not want in this game as a playable character. If he has to make it, give him the Sans and Cuphead treatment. He'd perfect for it.

Dante has Quicksilver and 2B's dodge in Automata has something of a similar effect.
As far as Minecraft mii outfits go I can see either Steve or just a generic Diamond armor suit.

TriggerX

Smash Ace
I'm so glad someone else finally brought up .hack. People seriously consider Agumon for some reason but don't even think about .hack when it's literally in the same situation (even the same company) and is more based around video games than Digimon is.
I hate to shoot down dot hack, only cuz G.U was dope, and it sucks the series is dormant, but it’s very unlikely.

While it’s based off a video game concept, those aren’t its origins. If I’m not mistaken it was initially a novel series. I could be wrong, but if that’s the case it’s essentially in the same boat as characters like Iron Man and Goku.
Never say never though, but I’m assuming the source material origins must be from a video game.
I’d say Digimon would be ok, considering it started off as a game of sorts.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I think the model is more important than finding a character with similar attacks. If they're using Bayo as a model, then they're probably adding a thin character who would be doing a lot of flipping and attacking with legs.

I'm just humoring the idea though. I don't think it'll amount to anything in the end.

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
You’re gonna have to post a source for this one, fam. I haven’t seen anything like this for the past couple pages.

Whoa!
I would think of Haggar or Zangief before Crash. Crash would probably be more in-line with Mario/Luigi.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Well that is one big blow to Sora's chances. That kinda sucks. He would have been cool. That leaves Geno, 2B, and Lara Croft as the top Square reps. I still say Geno will be it, but all them of them have various things going for them and against them.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
You’re gonna have to post a source for this one, fam. I haven’t seen anything like this for the past couple pages.

I would think of Haggar or Zangief before Crash. Crash would probably be more in-line with Mario/Luigi.
If Haggar got in would they make a second spirit for Cody? Since he already has a spirit in the Street fighter section and all.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Whoa!
Incineroar would be used as a base for a character that has a muscular body. And it seems Falcon is already covering that when he was used for not only getting Ganondorf in as a clone, but also as Little Mac and Simon's bases.

I'd say a more likely base for Crash would be the Plumber Boy himself. A body shape that's closer to Crash's than Incineroar's plus he too has a spinning attack.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
not sure if that Bayo glitch means anything

remember when a Duck Hunt game crash was discovered and everyone freaked out and assumed it was related to Banjo?

Banjo did get in, but he used Ridley of all characters as a base, not Duck Hunt. And no character has ended up using them since.

characters inexplicably getting bugs out of nowhere doesn't automatically mean a brand new one's using them as a base

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
It's pretty much just me borrowing some of Fatman's speculation (emphasis on the word, speculation. I know he isn't a leaker, but I do enjoy reading his posts) back when the 4chan post was brought to his attention this morning. Specifically how Hero/Mii Sword launch projectiles from their hand, Banjo/Duck Hunt use a bird as a weapon that A. has Sword hitboxes and B. isn't always in their hands, and Byleth/Belmonts use a whip for a lot of their attacks.

For Bayo, it seems the property might be hand to hand based auto combos (as in ones not restricted to jab) with a lot of kicks and air attacks. As for why it's not Bat Within, Guns, or Witch time, it's because it's an attack glitch (ruling out bats), Joker uses a gun (ruling that out), and Witch time, despite its properties, is still a counter move.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
While this whole Bayo glitch thing probably means nothing, remember that Bayo also has other unique mechanics like the three hit combo fair, Bullet Arts, and Bat Within. What character have things similar to those?

Character bases tend to be more so based on the character’s physical shape anyway, but yeah.

Edit:
For Bayo, it seems the property might be hand to hand based auto combos (as in ones not restricted to jab) with a lot of kicks and air attacks. As for why it's not Bat Within, Guns, or Witch time, it's because it's an attack glitch (ruling out bats), Joker uses a gun (ruling that out), and Witch time, despite its properties, is still a counter move.
Joker’s gun isn’t really that technically similar to Bayo’s other than that it’s a long noodly hitbox rather than a projectile, though. Joker can’t fire his gun by holding the A button after using one of his normals since it’s just his neutral B.

Last edited:

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
not sure if that Bayo glitch means anything

remember when a Duck Hunt game crash was discovered and everyone freaked out and assumed it was related to Banjo?

Banjo did get in, but he used Ridley of all characters as a base, not Duck Hunt

characters inexplicably getting bugs out of nowhere doesn't automatically mean a brand new one's using them as a base
Yeah but I want it to be true so I'm going to reject your reality and substitute my own.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I've only really seen that attitude from the Geno or 2B fandom TBH.
can confirm, since this new happend, geno fans dont waste any time picking at sora fans
People do realize Imran never said anything about MC in that conversation right?
dont crush the kids deams, let it crush on them itself. Nah that came out wrong. I mean to say Let them figure it out themselves

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Well that is one big blow to Sora's chances. That kinda sucks. He would have been cool. That leaves Geno, 2B, and Lara Croft as the top Square reps. I still say Geno will be it, but all them of them have various things going for them and against them.
Sora being out of the running just means a better chance for Crono!

yeah it's never gonna happen but I'd die of joy if it did

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Yeah I watched the conversation with Imran again, and it really sounded like Chief and Sora were just speculation, with him hearing something that could back Sora up but he just thinks Disney won’t allow Nintendo to use him or maybe they would just have licensing trouble. It didn’t seem like he knew for sure, though. One of the other dudes mentioned talks for Chief and Sora, but it seemed to be speculation as Imran mentioned they definitely had the Sora talks and the other guy didn’t seem to know that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom