• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackghost

Smash Champion
Hey, it's been a minute since we got a crappy 4Chan leak. This one at least has a fresh name in it.View attachment 260313
this is fake for more than just the obvious. sakurai is about character accuracy in smash the fighting games, in particular, demonstrate this. Akuma is not the "heavy" shoto in street fighter. Thats sagat. akuma is actually pichu to pikachu. he's a glass cannon with extreme offensive abilities but low health.

zelda doesnt have characters because it is represented by music, stages, and items more so than characters. one-off zelda character havent got into smash brothers. only exception is shiek and that's literally just zelda disguised. champions, midna, masked skull kid, even tetra (another disguised zelda) zelda is about the same three characters across various incarnations. link is represented 3 times.

I will always find it funny the smash community says there are too many FE characters when they begged for chrome and roy.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Can someone give me a quick rundown on whether there have been 2 DLC revealed and released at the same time?

Just wanting to see the odds of that happening within this pass.
This happened twice in Smash 4, with Roy and Ryu being revealed simultaneously, and being released right after (with Lucas), and with Corrin and Bayo who were revealed together, and released together two months later.

However, that doubling (and tripling) up was allegedly due to the technical limitations of the 3DS whereby it was most cost-effective to do fewer updates.

This time only Hero and Banjo have been revealed during the same presentation, though obv they weren't released together.

A dual release seems quite unlikely when you consider there's about two years in which six characters will be released.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hi, I'm late to the Sora debate party, but take it from me....Sora can hold his own without Disney characters. Recent installment proves that they have no effect on Sora's playstyle. I mean, Donald & Goofy I can understand, but as said before, Sora's moveset is not at all dependent of them.

The trouble to me still is if Disney is stingy enough to plaster in their mouse in the game. Now, for me, I'd kinda like to see the mouse & the plumber, two of the most iconic mascots in history, to duke it out, but....no. No one wants that at all.
I still couldn’t see him without Disney characters showing up in some shape and form...as a non-KH fan it seems weird to me regardless of whose words I’m supposed to take

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Can someone give me a quick rundown on whether there have been 2 DLC revealed and released at the same time?

Roy and Ryu at E3 2015. They were datamined beforehand

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Talking about weird 4chan leaks, I saw that one 2 days ago. I know it's fake but it's so weird that I screenshot it.
I have insider info, so I can confidently say that this person is wrong, but not because they don't have sources. It's more of a simple mistake they made, really.

We aren't getting Josh from Until Dawn, we're getting Freddy Mercury. Rookie mistake.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Besides if we were to get Until Dawn it'd be in an PSASBR sequel and I'd rather it be Hannah Washington/Wendigo.

If ANY Sony character gets in its Kratos (& Atreus).

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
This happened twice in Smash 4, with Roy and Ryu being revealed simultaneously, and being released right after (with Lucas), and with Corrin and Bayo who were revealed together, and released together two months later.

However, that doubling (and tripling) up was allegedly due to the technical limitations of the 3DS whereby it was most cost-effective to do fewer updates.

This time only Hero and Banjo have been revealed during the same presentation, though obv they weren't released together.

A dual release seems quite unlikely when you consider there's about two years in which six characters will be released.
I thought it was because the 3DS only allowed developers a limited number of updates for the game and the Wii U had a limited timeframe for developers to update the game.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

It depends on what you mean by "at the same time" (do you mean "both fighters were announced and immediately released" or "both fighters were announced together and, later, released together"), but for Smash 4, Roy and Ryu meet the first criteria (coming out on the day of that presentation), and from what I recall, Corrin and Bayonetta fit the second (they were announced on the same day and I believe they were released on the same day). Not sure whether or not you'd count the first one, seeing as Roy is a series veteran and a (semi?)clone. (I don't play enough of Roy to know how significant the differences were in Smash 4 between him and Marth aside from hitboxes and fire, or what's changed since Melee)

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Hey, it's been a minute since we got a crappy 4Chan leak. This one at least has a fresh name in it.View attachment 260313
If we're talking Street Fighter reps, only one name comes to mind: Seth.

wait how do we know if that Akuma **** is fake or not?
It's a 4Chan post. A 4Chan post that is in regards to Smash. You very rarely stumble upon such a post that is accurate to its word if not ever.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I still couldn’t see him without Disney characters showing up in some shape and form...as a non-KH fan it seems weird to me regardless of whose words I’m supposed to take
The Disney characters aren't even real half the time.

In the 3DS game they were illusions, in the DS game they were digital replicas and in the GBA game they were figment of Sora's imagination. So if you want to get technical he can easily exist without them.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Wait, what? Akuma is brought up? How? What did I miss?
It was brought up a couple of pages ago.
It's an obvious fake (random anonymous 4chan text posts are about as reliable as kids who claim that their uncle works for Nintendo), but I'd be excited if we got Akuma. (not my first choice for a Capcom character by any means, but he'd still be hype-worthy)

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I'm confident the only third party company never happening is smash is Sony.
You never know Sakurai is full of surprises, even though Sony is known for not playing nice with others, something that I think is slowly dissolving.

Im not sure but I think Minecraft now has cross play with Nintendo, Microsoft, and now Sony, but I could be mistaken.

Either way if we get a Sony character, Kat from Gravity Rush would be my most wanted Sony character, follow by Sly Cooper, Jak, and Daxter, and PaRappa the Rapper

Last edited:

Kokiden

Smash Ace
It depends on what you mean by "at the same time" (do you mean "both fighters were announced and immediately released" or "both fighters were announced together and, later, released together"), but for Smash 4, Roy and Ryu meet the first criteria (coming out on the day of that presentation), and from what I recall, Corrin and Bayonetta fit the second (they were announced on the same day and I believe they were released on the same day). Not sure whether or not you'd count the first one, seeing as Roy is a series veteran and a (semi?)clone. (I don't play enough of Roy to know how significant the differences were in Smash 4 between him and Marth aside from hitboxes and fire, or what's changed since Melee)
Should've worded that better. My bad.

I meant more the former but your answer and what others have provided for my question are exactly what I needed to know. Thanks.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Disney was OK with putting Wreck it Ralph in Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed (I think that was in base game too). No they did not screw over Sega.
The thing people seem to miss is that both projects were being worked on at the same time. It's far more likely that Sega negotiated for Ralph to be in the game after Disney Approached them about Sonic in the movie. I've said it plenty of times, when Disney wants something from you it's easy to work with Disney because Disney will stop at nothing to get what they want. They have the money to do it. However, if you want something from Disney, they will and always will have the upper hand and they will bleed you dry. You don't become a multi-billion dollar mega-corporation by being nice or generous. If Sora's going to be in Smash, Disney will have to make the first move, because that's the kind of company Disney is.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The Disney characters aren't even real half the time.

In the 3DS game they were illusions, in the DS game they were digital replicas and in the GBA game they were figment of Sora's imagination. So if you want to get technical he can easily exist without them.
ok what the hell? Any talk of Kingdom Hearts is only getting me more confused, might be good for me to stay confused

Faso115

Smash Lord
Hamster are love, Hamsters are life.

That's why Rick the Hamster is bae and y'all sleeping on him

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
ok what the hell? Any talk of Kingdom Hearts is only getting me more confused, might be good for me to stay confused
It makes sense in context.

Like how in the 3DS game the whole plot revolved around Sora going into a dimension called the sleeping worlds, where world's that were destroyed in earlier instalments still exist in a dream, so the people he was helping were part of that dream.

Except the Square Enix characters, those are the real deal.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion

Sakurai said that Lucas, Ryu, and Roy were released at the same due to 3DS titles only being able to be updated a set number of times, so I don't think it'll happen again. Released when revealed though, I could see that if they wanted to do it again.
Whenever Sora appears in a non-Disney crossover, he never appears with other Disney characters unless they are also Kingdom Hearts original characters.
World of Final Fantasy
- Appears in his Dream Drop Distance form.
- Only Sora appears.
Final Fantasy Record Keeper
- Appears in his first Kingdom Hearts appearance with KHIII as a costume.
- Appears alongside Riku (KH, KHIII), Roxas, & Axel.
- Cloud & Squall receive their costumes from the first Kingdom Hearts.
Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
- Appears in his first Kingdom Hearts appearance.
- Only Sora appears.
- Another Cloud in his first Kingdom Hearts appearance appears.

The only non-Kingdom Hearts Disney thing in any of these crossovers is the Hidden Mickey that serves as the Kingdom Key's keychain.
This shows two things..
1) Disney doesn't mind licensing out Sora (yes, they are all Square-Enix titles but I doubt Disney would deny Nintendo given how big a name they, and Smash Bros, are).
2) Sora can appear without any non-KH Disney characters just fine.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
This is extremely fake, although we do know that Spirits can be renamed, which I think is evidence in the direction that base game Spirits are not deconfirmations.
Wait doesn’t that help geno

And how do we know this Akuma thing is fake?
(And just because it’s 4chan is banned as answer to me simply due to not all of these are fake but almost 100% of the time they are)

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Because a leaker is saying it.
And not just any leaker. A 4chan "leaker." The worst kind.

No picture leak outside of ESRB and Ken Leak has ever been proven right, and both of those were by people outside of the dev team. No way would a 4chan rando have a clear photo of a character.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It makes sense in context.

Like how in the 3DS game the whole plot revolved around Sora going into a dimension called the sleeping worlds, where world's that were destroyed in earlier instalments still exist in a dream, so the people he was helping were part of that dream.

Except the Square Enix characters, those are the real deal.
it makes some sense when dumbed down for small minded simpleton like myself
Sakurai said that Lucas, Ryu, and Roy were released at the same due to 3DS titles only being able to be updated a set number of times, so I don't think it'll happen again. Released when revealed though, I could see that if they wanted to do it again.

Whenever Sora appears in a non-Disney crossover, he never appears with other Disney characters unless they are also Kingdom Hearts original characters.
World of Final Fantasy
- Appears in his Dream Drop Distance form.
- Only Sora appears.
Final Fantasy Record Keeper
- Appears in his first Kingdom Hearts appearance with KHIII as a costume.
- Appears alongside Riku (KH, KHIII), Roxas, & Axel.
- Cloud & Squall receive their costumes from the first Kingdom Hearts.
Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
- Appears in his first Kingdom Hearts appearance.
- Only Sora appears.
- Another Cloud in his first Kingdom Hearts appearance appears.

The only non-Kingdom Hearts Disney thing in any of these crossovers is the Hidden Mickey that serves as the Kingdom Key's keychain.
This shows two things..
1) Disney doesn't mind licensing out Sora (yes, they are all Square-Enix titles but I doubt Disney would deny Nintendo given how big a name they, and Smash Bros, are).
2) Sora can appear without any non-KH Disney characters just fine.
well if that’s the case, then Sora got some good chances then (even though it would be unfortunate to not see Mickey or Donald/Goofy in Smash)

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
If we get another Street Fighter rep, we're getting Chun-Li. Smash is literally the ONLY crossover where Ryu is playable but not her, let alone Ken. And she's probably one of the most iconic fighting game characters of all time alongside Ryu.

On the other hand, what would a Street Fighter character's hypothetical spirit board even look like? Would they dig in for more Street Fighter characters that aren't already spirits, or take from other Capcom franchises that couldn't get a rep, like how Terry's used other SNK series?

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
On the other hand, what would a Street Fighter character's hypothetical spirit board even look like? Would they dig in for more Street Fighter characters that aren't already spirits, or take from other Capcom franchises that couldn't get a rep, like how Terry's used other SNK series?
I'd assume it'd focus on SFV, since it doesn't have any spirits.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
It’s a shame that the multiple Fighter updates only happened due to technical issues, a splash of new content is way preferable to single Fighter additions imo. Instead of seeing 100 Ryus or Byleths online you get about 60 Ryus and 20 Roys and Lucases. Echo Fighters would be a good fit for this.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
If we get another Street Fighter rep, we're getting Chun-Li. Smash is literally the ONLY crossover where Ryu is playable but not her, let alone Ken.

Street fighter 5 mixed in with a bit of Darkstalkers, Rival Schools and Streets of rage. The Capcom cinematic universe.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
it makes some sense when dumbed down for small minded simpleton like myself

well if that’s the case, then Sora got some good chances then (even though it would be unfortunate to not see Mickey or Donald/Goofy in Smash)
While I agree, if that's the sacrifice to have Sora in Smash, its worth it.
That said, Sakurai has only ever said only video game characters in regards to fighters..Sora is in a strange special case in that his supporting cast consists of established characters from other media..he is one of, if not the only, video game characters that can really say this since naturally most games' supporting casts are all characters original to the series.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
While I agree, if that's the sacrifice to have Sora in Smash, its worth it.
That said, Sakurai has only ever said only video game characters in regards to fighters..Sora is in a strange special case in that his supporting cast consists of established characters from other media..he is one of, if not the only, video game characters that can really say this since naturally most games' supporting casts are all characters original to the series.
Sora is a unique person indeed...also that first line is on some Thanos “soul for a soul” type ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom