• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Sadly Skull Kid is already an assist trophy though.... I really don't think assist trophy promotions will happen in the same game (maybe in the sequel).

I prefer E. Gadd over King Boo as well... in fact E. Gadd never gets enough love.
I don't believe it will happen either. But it should. :)

And E. Gadd for Mario Kart!!

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
So after Fighters Pass 2 our roster will look like this:
2020-01-20 11.05.50.png

Or like this:
2020-01-20 11.07.16.png

Which one do you like more? (Ignore stuff like missing characters etc, Im just asking about the look)

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Top one definitely.

I got a question for you all, what do you think of the possibility of four echo fighters being sold separate from the pass to square out the roster. This would also perfectly square out the stacked echoes roster

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Top one definitely.

I got a question for you all, what do you think of the possibility of four echo fighters being sold separate from the pass to square out the roster. This would also perfectly square out the stacked echoes roster
Well it depends on who these characters are, how different they are from their counterparts, and what their price is.

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
Top one definitely.

I would love that because of the perfect square. Stacked or not, it would look perfect!

Maybe we will get our echoes pass. Would also explain why it takes much longer this time. They still take time to make!

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Top one definitely.

That wouldn't be a bad idea my Hope's are to round out the roster of characters my ideas are for mostly females
Jeanne Impa Ms.Pacman etc

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
Top one definitely.

In terms of likelihood no it isn’t happening imo but would I like it to happen yes.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I know that a lot of people are going to disagree with me on this, but I don't think a Sword/Shield rep is happening. The Sword/Shield spirit event happened in November, around the time where Nintendo would presumably finalize Fighter Pass 2. If there was a Sword/Shield DLC fighter, I don't think they would have released the spirit event.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Firebrand (Demons Crest): A weird pick but having him represent demons crest and constantly switch between all the different forms he has for different moves seems like a fun idea to me. Didn't make it for the same reason as before, but also because I feel like he'd be a hated inclusion in... yet another fighting game.
****, I never thought on this, but I would love to see Firebrand, SNES was basically my childhood and I played a **** ton of SNES games, loved Demon Crest, the bosses, the graphics, the soundtrack!
Thanks, now I have to add Firebrand to my most wanted...

Polan

Smash Lord
I know that a lot of people are going to disagree with me on this, but I don't think a Sword/Shield rep is happening. The Sword/Shield spirit event happened in November, around the time where Nintendo would presumably finalize Fighter Pass 2. If there was a Sword/Shield DLC fighter, I don't think they would have released the spirit event.
i'm shocked at the amount of people that were even saying that a gen 8 pokemon was coming. the SwSh spirit event should have been a killing blow to anyone from gen 8 but the smash fanbase always rallies to the safest choice when sakurai blindsides us i guess.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I did.
But Mario is missing a ton of major characters.
Toad, Toadette, Waluigi, Paper Mario, King Boo, and of course Geno.
Paper Mario is not a character!!

Impa or bust.
BotW2 needs to have a flashback sequence where we see Impa from 100 years ago, and she's still a badass ninja.

Classic Ganon is a no brainer but for some reason both the developers and the fanbase don't seem to consider it as a serious option, sadly.
Because Ganondorf is already a PC and Ganon is already a boss. MOST people don't actually want 3 versions of the same character.

I got a question for you all, what do you think of the possibility of four echo fighters being sold separate from the pass to square out the roster.
I think it exists.

****, I never thought on this, but I would love to see Firebrand, SNES was basically my childhood and I played a **** ton of SNES games, loved Demon Crest, the bosses, the graphics, the soundtrack!
Thanks, now I have to add Firebrand to my most wanted...
I ALSO want Firebrand in but...not before Arthur.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If Gen 8 Starters aren't among those Spirits then they're still in the running. You'd make a point if they were.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Paper Mario would be rad and before Inklings and Splatoon were a thing back in the Smash 4 days, he was my most wanted.

Would kind of surreal to see him get in now, but I'd definitely take it.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
I think Doomguy has been largely overhyped by this fanbase, and one of the major evidences for his inclusion, Bethesda talking with Nintendo, clearly didn't yield anything. I don't understand why something so old would cause anything now.
There was that infamous cacomallow mii costume leak. People believe this is legit because it was not possible with current mod tech. But some claimed they managed to mimic it. There was precedent where mii costume leak was proven true. But I wouldn't be surprised if Doom Slayer gets Mii treatment. Assassin's Creed and Cuphead got Mii treatment, and they are far more popular than Doom.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The way I could see it is Master Chief getting the spot as a playable character while Doom Slayer ends up as a Mii Gunner.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
There was that infamous cacomallow mii costume leak. People believe this is legit because it was not possible with current mod tech. But some claimed they managed to mimic it. There was precedent where mii costume leak was proven true. But I wouldn't be surprised if Doom Slayer gets Mii treatment. Assassin's Creed and Cuphead got Mii treatment, and they are far more popular than Doom.
I feel like if we were to get a Bethesda rep it would sooner be Dovahkiin as Skyrim is the ONLY Western game to get a perfect score in Famitsu and it’s overall a worldwide phenomenon

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
That does significantly hinder the chances of a sword and shield rep but I’m only thinking one is likely for hope for the best, expect the worst kinda thing. Maybe they could use Urshifu instead as that didn’t necessarily exist in the vanilla version and therefore maybe they’ll see it has potential to add more spirits instead of ones that a Pokemon like rillaboom would bring along

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Well it depends on who these characters are, how different they are from their counterparts, and what their price is.
Quite honestly I would hope they are all Chroms and not Dark Pits. :p
If Gen 8 Starters aren't among those Spirits then they're still in the running. You'd make a point if they were.
Even then I consider Pokémon the exception to the rule as let's face it Nintendo would definitely push for a Gen 8 mon. :p It can be any of the starters, though I am expecting Rillaboom.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Even then I consider Pokémon the exception to the rule as let's face it Nintendo would definitely push for a Gen 8 mon. :p It can be any of the starters, though I am expecting Rillaboom.
Especially given Pokemon's popularity.
No, just the three first stages.
Along with that, there were Morpeko, Zacian&Zamazenta, and Corviknight.
Then the final evolution starters are still in the running.

Last edited:

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
If a new Zelda character gets in Smash, then pls Ghirahim.
I wanna teleport behind people and do weird things

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If a new Zelda character gets in Smash, then pls Ghirahim.
I wanna teleport behind people and do weird things
That sounds so wrong out of context lmao

if I had to choose a new Zelda character myself it’d either be Urbosa or Revali

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
I feel like if we were to get a Bethesda rep it would sooner be Dovahkiin as Skyrim is the ONLY Western game to get a perfect score in Famitsu and it’s overall a worldwide phenomenon
Someone will bring Banjo as counter argument. "Minecraft is waaaay more popular yet Banjo got in before Steve!!" But, at least Banjo sold like 46k in Japan iirc. Halo at its peak sold like 11k in Japan. It's pretty impressive, considering Xbox presence in Japan. Doom doesn't have such luxury. I think Doom circle is really within Smash bubble or other bubble.
"Mah legacy and influence! Sakurai said John Carmek is the father of FPS!!" Wolfenstein paved way for Doom. And Sakurai actually singled out and praised Half Life 2 along with Halo 2 unlike Doom. This argument really gets on my nerve. It's so overrated.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Someone will bring Banjo as counter argument. "Minecraft is waaaay more popular yet Banjo got in before Steve!!" But, at least Banjo sold like 46k in Japan iirc. Halo at its peak sold like 11k in Japan. It's pretty impressive, considering Xbox presence in Japan. Doom doesn't have such luxury. I think Doom circle is really within Smash bubble or other bubble.
"Mah legacy and influence! Sakurai said John Carmek is the father of FPS!!" Wolfenstein paved way for Doom. And Sakurai actually singled out and praised Half Life 2 along with Halo 2 unlike Doom. This argument really gets on my nerve. It's so overrated.
Meanwhile my dream is Vault Boy but that’s a snowball’s chance in hell as the only Fallout game on Switch atm is Fallout Shelter

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Because it was none of the starters especially the final evolutions. If they were Spirits then I'd agree.
That's not what I'm asking.

Why would they give out ANY Sword and Shield spirits if each DLC Character comes with a spirit board?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm honestly at this point thinking Chief is more likely anyways. Not only his popularity and being the Mario of Microsoft but also Nintendo's great relationship with them. I can see them also letting them use him.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
I do believe we will get at least one 1st party character in the pass whether from Zelda, Pokémon, Xenoblade, or Splatoon. Impa is my pick for a new Zelda rep though.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Ok, what do you guys think about Assist trophy promotions? What are the chances that we'll get at least one? I don't expect them to make the 2nd pass all promotions but it would be nice to promote 1 or 2 Assists into actual fighters.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Someone will bring Banjo as counter argument. "Minecraft is waaaay more popular yet Banjo got in before Steve!!" But, at least Banjo sold like 46k in Japan iirc. Halo at its peak sold like 11k in Japan. It's pretty impressive, considering Xbox presence in Japan.
Actually, wrong on both accounts.

https://sites.google.com/site/gamedatalibrary/

Search for both games, and you'll see that the original Banjo-Kazooie actually sold 400k in Japan. As for Halo, the highest selling game there is Halo 3, at about 100k. So there's that.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ok, what do you guys think about Assist trophy promotions? What are the chances that we'll get at least one? I don't expect them to make the 2nd pass all promotions but it would be nice to promote 1 or 2 Assists into actual fighters.
None because that would require completely rewriting the base game by removing Assist Trophies. That's just not going to happen and doesn't make sense. Characters like Waluigi, Shadow, Skull Kid are all Assist Trophy characters that are not going to graduate into playable characters in Ultimate. There is no good reason for the developers to do all that extra work when they could make something entirely new that doesn't require adjusting the base game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom