• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I hope that we can be respectful to the people who are going to be disappointed with tomorrows character. I like Hero and Terry but the ganging up on the people that didn't like them soured their reveal a bit for me.
But I'm already making the popcorn :(

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I called your bluff when the entire thread didn't explode from it.
Says the one who asked me if he had posted a real leak, and believed me without question when I said yes.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Ok, locking my predictions,

Safe prediction: Doom guy, Arle
Not safe Predictions, Morrigan or an atelier Alchemist (contodozinopaque)

Given the format of this reveal, anyone think this could be a shadow drop?
I think that the character will be made avaiable top 2 days post reveal, but likely just as the presentation ends. this presentation present the full character.
I hope that we can be respectful to the people who are going to be disappointed with tomorrows character. I like Hero and Terry but the ganging up on the people that didn't like them soured their reveal a bit for me.
Dunno, if you are being salty you aren't being exactly respectful...

Geno personally would be unhype for me, but i wouldn't go whining to geno fans and probably would be happy for those decent geno fans out there that since they aren't being toxic, aren't as visible as teh toxic ones :3

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Well 2B's the only major character I can think of and whom I've been guessing since December. Everyone else it could be was shot down by Sabi, Vergeben(assuming both of their claims are true), Nintendo(Resident Evil and Astral Chain), and the developers themselves(Master Chief, Travis, and Sora)

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I think so. All the character presentations so far (including the Joker video) have seen the characters released the same day.
bubble-objection.gif

Joker was released the next day. His presentation was on the 16th, and he was released the 17th.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
2B is basically female robot Joker when it comes to Smash speculation, and she's basically one of the two reasonable characters who don't contradict Vergeben, the dev team of their series, and aren't in the game already. The other is Lara Croft, an outright western icon, if not a global one.

I think tomorrow is her day, now that I've been reminded she exists, and if not 2B then Croft. Only question is, if Hero was such a horribly kept secret, why aren't 2B or Croft?

Last edited:

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Dante/Vergil and 2B are the only characters I care about, so if they don't get in, can't say I'd be too interested in whoever gets announced.

Good for the people who will get their most wanted in though.

I think I'm going to sit this one out.

D

Deleted member

Here is the updated deconfirmation list Vergeben just posted:
The last sentence makes it sound like his source knows this character is so specific Nintendo would strike anyone down the moment they mention their name, so I'm guessing it's a character from a series very few people talk about within the Smash community as a whole, whether if it's because it's considerably niche or just haven't been thought about over other franchises.

...which makes it the perfect time for that said character to be from Dynasty Warriors!

I'm heading to bed for now. I'll see ya'll either before I go to work or after I get back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Krankees

Smash Ace
Dante/Vergil and 2B are the only characters I care about, so if they don't get in, can't say I'd be too interested in whoever gets announced.

Good for the people who will get their most wanted in though.

I think I'm going to sit this one out.
I mean Dante could still be FP5, he just doesn't have the dates as support anymore.

Last edited:

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
I'll admit if I'm wrong on this but I doubt the next character is gonna be in the Geno/Doom Guy/Master Chief/Sora crowd of characters.

Is there a chance we'll get one of those groups of commonly discussed/requested characters? Yeah. I just feel like Sakurai wants to pick someone smaller for right now.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So who the hell it could be?!

Anyways I'm gonna finish a few slides and then I'm going to bed. I've been up about 18 hours, I can push for one more.
I'll be up to watch it.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm personally still banking on the character being one of 2 main posibilities.

A really niche character like Banjo, Terry or Simon

Or someone from a series that's really popular but everybody kinda brushes them off for specific reasons like Joker or Luminary.

Not banking on any specific character just one in those 2 camps. I will be geniuly surprised if it's a character everyone's been speculating on.

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
The last sentence makes it sound like his source knows this character is so specific Nintendo would strike anyone down the moment they mention their name, so I'm guessing it's a character from a series very few people talk about within the Smash community as a whole, whether if it's because it's considerably niche or just haven't been thought about over other franchises.
Hmmm, what are the odds it actually is Travis. Perhaps that is why Suda was adamant about him not being in the game.

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
So Vergeben deconfirmed KOS-MOS finally. I won't change my mind tho since I still see her as a possibility.
But then I just remembered I made this post last year. Weirdly enough, this theory fits the bill for Zippo's "sorta Nintendo" criteria.
And coincidentally, Sakurai recently brought this game's name out during Yosupi Santa livestream.
Hmm...
So what if FP5 is from HAL Laboratory and SMASH theory was right all along?
Joker was from Sakurai's recent favorite game. Hero was from Sakurai's ever beloved series. Banjo was a big thank you to the fans of Smash. And Terry was from the games gave Sakurai the idea of Smash in the first place.
So who's Fighter 5? It's a character from the game that affected Sakurai's entire career path. If this game wasn't born, the first Kirby game might have been totally different or even not existed.
V-MH GLORY from Metal Slader Glory joins the battle!

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So Vergeben deconfirmed KOS-MOS finally. I won't change my mind tho since I still see her as a possibility.
But then I just remembered I made this post last year. Weirdly enough, this theory fits the bill for Zippo's "sorta Nintendo" criteria.
And coincidentally, Sakurai recently brought this game's name out during Yosupi Santa livestream.
Hmm...
Literally who?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
22 people gave this a like, y'all are suckers
Actually, I made sure to read it and then give you a like. You totally deserved it, man.

----------------

Verge's whole "kill list" is a misunderstanding. That's why I still consider him credible. It's already noted his contact(not his source) misspoke, which led to the weirdness. Thus, when he corrected it, the issue is resolved.

I'm not going to blame Verge for a poor contact who simply miscommunicated. His source might still be bad, of course. But so was his source for a Nintendo direct and his source for Minecraft content.

Keep in mind I'm skeptical in Verge, but he's still credible even then. While there's no denying his Terry thing came out way too late to really prove he had a source, same with the Banjo bit(though let's be real, the chances of him not having the information beforehand is low, since he's not a liar), he knew about Erdrick before anyone else(and simply wasn't told the whole story of Hero. Like almost everyone else. There's a reason very few even guessed beyond Erdrick too. Besides that, Tansut did not pursue proper information on other alts either, so that's his fault for taking it at face value. Speaking of, he also leaked female costumes, which wasn't real. Likely speculation on his part, but that could also be why Verge thought the SE character was the first DLC too. It's the only DLC character he outright had information for during base game. It's also just as possible he was told wrong when it would be revealed. Or it was outdated and they changed the reveal order. Hero's own spells probably took longer than they thought to make work, so maybe that's why he was after Joker).

There's a lot of explanations. Either way, Verge isn't super reliable for DLC, obviously, but he still has a pretty good track record, with one thing wrong about Ultimate that cannot be proven as some kind of weird error/outdated information/leakbait.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I've never heard of this character nor this game.

One google search tells me that this game was never released outside of Japan in any official capacity. Nothing from it has made any western appearance ever, in an official capacity.

And yet... it's just hair-brained enough, crazy enough to make sense. If this pass is meant to be a tribute to Smash Bros, then... a character who references part of Sakurai's history before Kirby will be basically the ultimate representation. We owe this game everything, even though a humongous chunk of the audience had never heard of this game.

Still, having never been released in the west would make the character, especially as DLC, an extremely hard sell. And assuming the character was picked back when Sakurai thought that this would be the last Smash character, possibly ever... it makes no sense. But it also makes sense.

I'm sticking with 2B/Lara Croft. But this character, despite never so much as being existent in the west, would not be that far fetched. It's a pass full of far fetched characters, and somebody from Metal Slader Glory would be that crazy.

It'd also explain the whole 35 minutes being dedicated to the character. Sakurai would have to explain who it is, why they're important, and what their capabilities are. Also it helps nobody has mentioned them. And in spite of the significance the character has, they'd be widely considered a waste of time and a massive disappointment to people expecting a big hype character, which happens every time a set of Smash newcomers ends.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Didn't Hero and Banjo get leaked before E3?
Not really.
- Hero, or more accurately, Erdrick, was said to be in the game, but most people pegged him for DLC 1 when it ended up being Joker instead, it was just people continued to say Erdrick was in the game.
- Banjo wasn't really leaked, it was just that a new figure was being made and had a subtle design chang from the classic era version if I recall so people were going off of that as a reason to believe that Banjo-Kazooie was in.

The only one to legitimately leak prior to reveal was Terry due to Nintendo accidentally updating the copyright info to include SNK and pretty much everyone knew that if it was SNK, it was Terry Bogard.
Here is the updated deconfirmation list Vergeben posted 30 minutes ago:
Not gonna lie, I'd legit LOVE if it was one of the characters on that list just so everyone would stop taking Vergeben's word as gospel..it makes speculation a heck of a lot less fun.

Krankees

Smash Ace
I've never heard of this character nor this game.

It'd also explain the whole 35 minutes being dedicated to the character. Sakurai would have to explain who it is, why they're important, and what their capabilities are. Also it helps nobody has mentioned them. And in spite of the significance the character has, they'd be widely considered a waste of time and a massive disappointment to people expecting a big hype character, which happens every time a set of Smash newcomers ends.
I think it would have to be longer than Terry's explaination if Sakurai were to explain everything about it but then again maybe not.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
****... after watching Maximilian_dood's video on the subject... tomorrow has to be Dante...

slrigeigdew

Smash Journeyman
I watched the latest PapaGenos video when it came out and sure enough he spent 15 whole minutes on "Finger Theory" and somehow tied it back to Arle.

Also gotta love how despite saying the pics of the day probably aren't hinting at the next character he still uses it as "evidence" for Arle.

D

Deleted member

Given verges last sentence on that post could it be someone hype and they don’t want them to see it just to surprise everyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom