• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Oh hey a new poll is up.

Can someone tell me who Brian is? Is this Family Guy related or something?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Which one of you put Baboom in the poll?

@punished faygo how dare you hack the polls

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Ok, this is starting to get too much for me. I think it's time to step back and wait until the announcement.

Good luck to everyone; keep saying your prayers or speculating about cloud shapes or engaging in necromantic rituals, or whatever you find helps you out best. It's been an intense rollercoaster of speculation, and I may have to step back for quite a while; after all ESO is going back to Skyrim and I have a lot to catch up on there.

...unless of course my ritual works out...
IMG_0815.jpg

Koopaul

Smash Champion
So any juicy leaks we can gawk at in the mean time? Believe it or not I find it fun to analyze leaks and consider the wacky possibilities. Just remember to have fun with leaks not tear each other apart.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Just wondering, for those of you who voted “other,” who are you expecting and why?
Because statistically speaking it's more likely to be a hundred other different characters rather then these specific ones.

Sauce: Passed Grade 1 Math yesterday.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just wondering, for those of you who voted “other,” who are you expecting and why?
I did vote Other last time, being of course Brian in that case.

Albeit, expecting is being silly in my case. I have no real expectations at this time. Barely any credible leaks, no datamines...

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
I'm voting for other because every choice on the poll would be underwhelming and since Nintendo wont give me a general direct I'd like to have at least something to be hyped about this week.

D

Deleted member

Can confirm(since I talked to the person who updated it) it's referring to the protagonist of Quest 64.

So an obscure choice most don't know.
The main character of Quest 64.
Alright I have no idea who made this poll but the fact that Crash and Master Chief aren't on this list while Brian is on it amazes me, and I don't even want those 2. Where's the Brian support thread so that I can get an overview of him and Quest 64?
I voted for Other cause I'm banking on a Dynasty Warriors rep being revealed. I don't got anything else to add but that.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Only if the intro speedrun is his Final Smash.

This is the height of comedy everyone. Absurdist humor has truly peaked.
That game can't be in smash, it might have a big speedrunning community, but most of those speedrun are done by abusing the the extremely shoddy code made for it. Samurai would never put a game in smash with such bad programming.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Alright I have no idea who made this poll but the fact that Crash and Master Chief aren't on this list while Brian is on it amazes me, and I don't even want those 2. Where's the Brian support thread so that I can get an overview of him and Quest 64?
https://smashboards.com/threads/ear...d-staff-brian-spells-the-way-new-logo.446976/ It's right here. It might not give you a full set of information on the full games itself.

https://smashboards.com/threads/the-official-quest-64-and-related-games-thread.452235/ There's a proper thread for the games themselves, if that might help.

...Yes, I am the owner of both threads. And incidentally the links are in my signature, but signatures are sometimes disabled for people.

Enjoy though!

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
That game can't be in smash, it might have a big speedrunning community, but most of those speedrun are done by abusing the the extremely shoddy code made for it. Samurai would never put a game in smash with such bad programming.
The Pokémon Company with their 8 characters like
dd0.png

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
explain melee then

Last edited:

SirCamp

Smash Ace

I voted for Other cause I'm banking on a Dynasty Warriors rep being revealed. I don't got anything else to add but that.
It's... not that serious my dude. He's a meme character choice.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

This is an important point of discussion.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

This is an important point of discussion.
No way that happens.

Platformers are a niche genre and any platformer that's not called Banjo Kazooie, Glover, or Bubsy 3D is even more obscure. I don't know why insecure Luigi fans are so desperate to act like Green-Cap Mussolini is a household name and that anyone who doesn't know who he is is ignorant.

It's always so lame when people hold up a character for their "historical value" or because they represent a particular company or genre. They'll take the boring, generic character over the interesting or popular one just for the sake of a roster that they think is "correct".

The harsh reality is that Nintendo is dead, Luigi has never been mainstream, and unless you are a platformer junkie or Japanese, the only reason you might have even heard of him is because of memes.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Tomorrow is the final day that not only the cycle ends but the run of the Season Pass finally comes to an end.

Good night guys. Hopefully not leaks occurs to spoil everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom