• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm bored so I pinpoited the frame used for the thumbnail of Banjo's presentation just for comparison's sake. Can't be assed to do the same for Terry.

Have fun chums
Looks like a match to me

So based on this and tery

The green on the left and dark green on the right we are probably around the chest area

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Let's play a game. So you decided to quit your job and become an "insider". Sounds like a fun, fulfilling and high paying career choice.

Think of a character for FP5, and give cryptic hints as to who it is and see if anyone can guess.

I'll start. I'll tell you who fighter 5 is, but I also won't. The character has orange in their design and has appeared on a Nintendo platform.

If people reply asking who it is, just give another hint and never tell who it actually is!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Let's play a game. So you decided to quit your job and become an "insider". Sounds like a fun, fulfilling and high paying career choice.

Think of a character for FP5, and give cryptic hints as to who it is and see if anyone can guess.

I'll start. I'll tell you who fighter 5 is, but I also won't. The character has orange in their design and has appeared on a Nintendo platform.

If people reply asking who it is, just give another hint and never tell who it actually is!
Id just say "Have you all ever put together a 32 peice puzzle?

SNEKeater

Smash Master

It's obviously Goku.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know about Zippo's track record and if he's leaked anything?

If what he is saying is true, then that sounds like Travis Touchdown could be next.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I've read the Resetera thread with that Zippo and he really don't seems to know who it is. When people ask him about if it was Monolith soft rep or Travis he said he do not know.

D

Deleted member

FP 5 is a video game character.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So given this is an 35 minute Smash Direct. What does everyone think of the chances of the first post-Pass DLC fighter being announced as well?

D

Deleted member

what's the ****ing point of speculating at this stage it's obvious erdrick is brave

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
It's obviously Goku.
Goku? This is obviously a hint! Goku is designed by Akira Toriyama, who's also the character designer for Dragon Quest. Dragon Quest is already in Smash though, so this could only mean one thing: FP5 is another Square Enix character designed by Toriyama! And that leaves us with one obvious option:
CRONO IS IN!!!

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
So given this is an 35 minute Smash Direct. What does everyone think of the chances of the first post-Pass DLC fighter being announced as well?
About 50/50.

I think the presentation will be mainly focused on Fighter 5, Version 7.0, and how future DLC will be handled... but I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to start wrapping up the presentation, then suddenly go "Oh, we have one more thing before we finish!", followed by the reveal trailer for Fighter 6.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
what's the ****ing point of speculating at this stage it's obvious erdrick is brave
NO IT'S NOT ITS SORA GOD DAMMIT ERDRICK IS A LITERAL WHO

Gonna say probably not to DLC 6 being announced. Unless Sakurai rambles again like he did with Terry then I think we'll at least find out about they're doing the future DLC characters though

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

If what he is saying is true, then that sounds like Travis Touchdown could be next.
Zippo Zippo has just been a regular member as far as I recall.

Could have missed something though. I just lurk there.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Well he was confused for a first party during his early days, similar to Megaman and Castlevania during the NES era.

Nintendo was pretty much the reason why the Layton series made it as big as it did, especially in Europe...
I definitely remember confusing him for a first party due to his early games being published by Nintendo outside of Japan.

Still sometimes wish he was if it meant it was easier for him to get into Smash.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Okay. I got two "out there" guesses.

One is this. Rhythm Heaven is not as first party as we think. The rights to it are co-held by TNX to the point where in the credits to Rhythm Heaven Fever, it says "Nintendo and TNX are the authors of this software for the purpose of copyright."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNnMbqQQ8tA

If you want to look deeply, maybe the three fingers is referring to the Chorus Kids? Or another Rhythm Heaven representative?

As for the other "out there" guess, remember that gun Sakurai bought for modelling for Ultimate?
https://gonintendo.com/stories/2711...cent-mech-toy-purchase-he-made-teases-that-it

Another "kind of first party" character, would be this character owned by HAL Laboratories.

That is V-MH GLORY from Metal Slader Glory, a text adventure developed by HAL Laboratories for the Famicom back in 1991, and remade for the Super Famicom in 2000 (yes, that late in the console's life). Sakurai seems to be almost priding himself on the character being something that most people will not guess, so maybe this is it, if it truly is an "out there" character, this one is really one of those.

Art of V-MH Glory:

This is the kind of character where you could know absolutely nothing about it, but still want to play as it due to the design alone.

We shall see who it ends up being. It really could be anyone.

However, if the info of the character being "sort of first-party" is legit, then these are my two guesses.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
no u fricking frick its banjo

banjos are a brave instrument so banjo is brave

if not banjo its geno because the stats match that of a zoner

brave cant be hero and u are dumb for believe otherwise

monadoboy

Smash Lord
I just gotta say... I hope we are finally surprised again. Feels like ages since Joker gave us the last surprise character in Smash. Hero and Banjo were kinda spoiled and Terry was very obvious after the SNK credit thing.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Remember that gun Sakurai bought for modelling for Ultimate?
https://gonintendo.com/stories/2711...cent-mech-toy-purchase-he-made-teases-that-it

Another "kind of first party" character, would be this character owned by HAL Laboratories.

That is V-MH GLORY from Metal Slader Glory, a text adventure developed by HAL Laboratories for the Famicom back in 1991, and remade for the Super Famicom in 2000 (yes, that late in the console's life). Sakurai seems to be almost priding himself on the character being something that most people will not guess, so maybe this is it, if it truly is an "out there" character, this one is really one of those.

Art of V-MH Glory:

This is the kind of character where you could know absolutely nothing about it, but still want to play as it due to the design alone.

However, if the info of the character being "sort of first-party" is legit, then these are my two guesses.
This would be ****ing ridiculous but also like basically getting a Gundam in Smash so I can't say no.

D

Deleted member

Im going to be honest, this info from Zippo is way too ****ing vague. Like the stuff we give hell to the usual insiders for.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Im going to be honest, this info from Zippo is way too ****ing vague. Like the stuff we give hell to the usual insiders for.
He's a confirmed insider from Resetera mods; however he even states he's not 100% on that statement. He mentioned that the statement may be talking about another character down the line too.

Best not to take it seriously.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

One is this. Rhythm Heaven is not as first party as we think. The rights to it are co-held by TNX to the point where in the credits to Rhythm Heaven Fever, it says "Nintendo and TNX are the authors of this software for the purpose of copyright."

If you want to look deeply, maybe the three fingers is referring to the Chorus Kids? Or another Rhythm Heaven representative?

As for the other "out there" guess, remember that gun Sakurai bought for modelling for Ultimate?

Art of V-MH Glory:

Haha! "S.M.A.S.H" theory and Weight theory are coming together!

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I know that, but what is the relation between train cars and Terry? (I don't know much about his series, or I probably missed something during Sakurai's history lesson)
Terry’s home stage in Fatal Fury games is a train car

D

Deleted member

He's a confirmed insider from Resetera mods; however he even states he's not 100% on that statement. He mentioned that the statement may be talking about another character down the line too.

Best not to take it seriously.
That's fair, still think that if the dude's not sure about it or doesn't want to reveal anything more why say anything in the first place?

Its better to keep quiet sometimes as these situations just get annoying with the vague statements.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

Travis has already been deconfirmed. Hard.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord

Art of V-MH Glory:

If we're talking about first party "out there" guesses, I think there's also a third one...

This is Geolyte, from the Nintendo DS puzzle game Meteos, a game that Sakurai himself worked on as a designer. Before Ultimate was released, I remember this character being brought up in a fake leak in regards to the game's base roster... and at least in the forums I frequented back then, I remember everyone was baffled at the idea of this character being in Smash. Maybe this could be the wild card that's meant to blindside us?

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
About 50/50.

I think the presentation will be mainly focused on Fighter 5, Version 7.0, and how future DLC will be handled... but I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to start wrapping up the presentation, then suddenly go "Oh, we have one more thing before we finish!", followed by the reveal trailer for Fighter 6.
Yeah I think it will be a given that he will acknowledge the future DLC, maybe a rough outline of what exactly is going to happen? I don't necessarily think we'll get a reveal though.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

Art of V-MH Glory:

It should be illegal giving me hope like that.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
On Zip

Its probably Travis, while NMH1 and Travis Strikes Again got Playstation ports, those ports are forgotten about and NMH2 is still a Nintendo exclusive with NMH3 being at least a time exclusive. Also remember Nintendo let Suda reveal that Travis would make his come back on the Switch during the January 2017 Switch Presentation and had Travis Strikes Again be revealed during an indie direct and NMH3 reveal during their E3 2019 direct. Also not mention Suda and Sakurai are friends and Suda has stated he wants Travis in Smash multiple times and remember how Snake got into Smash? Its due to Sakurai being asked by his good friend Hideo Kojima.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
zip?

more like

time to dip for a day and a half so you don't catch a leak at the last minute

D

Deleted member

You're all gonna be happy and excited and I'm just gonna be here crying and crying that we will never get a solo female rep. Shame on this DLC pass.

What's the point of speculating when you're never going to receive what you want in the end? Such a cruel community that I as a woman am in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom