• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Also, I suspect the base case scenario is Fighter #5 fully revealed and shown off, and a reveal of what to expect content wise in the next batch of DLC. I could very easily see Sakurai just saying, there will officially be a second Fighter's Pass and will come with a bonus *Insert something here.* Stay tuned for more details!

blackghost

Smash Champion
personally i think the time gap was spent more on making a very in-depth cg trailer vs the character taking a long time. most of the dlc has had very brief trailers banjo had a full cg trailer hero's was very brief. and terry joker wasnt cg at all.
if its dante a cg trailer of him fighting Bayonetta is my best guess.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
It was roughly an hour and a half after the initial Terry stream announcement where they tweeted that there would be no additional character announcements. They’ve yet to tweet this for this broadcast. Keep that in mind, folks.
I don't care if there's not a second character announcement so long as they just tell us how post pass DLC is gonna work.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I'm probably going to feel like the Grinch once FP5 is announced since I'll probably get sick of all the "literal Whos?" that will inevitably pop up.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
Speaking of, let's do a drinking game come the Direct:

Take a shot of alcohol every time someone unironically says "Literally Who" when the 5th character is shown.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
It is clear to me we have been decieved. Dark forces plotting against us from the start. Paving the way for Ny'alotha. :p

7d535b79-b6ed-44ed-8fa8-b82ed553c936.jpeg

In all seriousness though, excited for the reveal.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm probably going to feel like the Grinch once FP5 is announced since I'll probably get sick of all the "literal Whos?" that will inevitably pop up.
The one thing I'm honestly expecting is for the character to be someone from a game that was popular in Japan but is a literal who outside of the country.

Hinata

Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Take a shot of alcohol every time someone unironically says "Literally Who" when the 5th character is shown.
Do you want to die of alcohol poisoning? Imagine if it's someone like Reimu.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
I'm still gonna vouch for Lesser known or more "Niche" reps between what Sakurai said and the direction Smash DLC is going. If anything, a big character like Sora, Doom Guy, or Master Chief would probably be left as the last character for Ultimate entirely.

Sakurai seems to be wanting to expand people's views on various franchises and different parts of gaming history. At least that is my take.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Lol at Doomguy being revealed. If Doomguy gets revealed I'll permanently change my profile pic to me eating a shoe on here.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Before the final fighter reveal, I just want to give a shoutout to Banjo and Kazooie's reveal trailer:

I hadn't even played much of Banjo-Kazooie by the time they got in (Only played the first world), and it's unfortunately one of the only Smash reveals I missed live.

But despite all that, watching this trailer just fills me with so much joy, and the amount of love they put in for the characters and their series is just so pleasing to see. Heck, the end of the trailer has a bunch of iconic characters celebrating their inclusion, further emphasizing how important these two really are.

This has to be one of my favorite Smash reveals ever, and it's the only trailer that can always bring tears to my eyes.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
If there is one picture that can capture the current state of Smash speculation, it's this:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Come on, Sakurai. Please give us a female newcomer this time. Reimu, Arle, Edelgard/Fem Byleth, Lara Croft, Dixie Kong, Shantae, Urbosa, Pauline, etc. There are so many options. Either that or a Pokemon, maybe.

Before the final fighter reveal, I just want to give a shoutout to Banjo and Kazooie's reveal trailer:
I don't like how they copied K. Rool's trailer for this. They could have done so much else, but they chose the lazy way out because "lol they're both Rare characters XD".

Last edited:

I.D.

Smash Lord
I'm bored so I pinpoited the frame used for the thumbnail of Banjo's presentation just for comparison's sake. Can't be assed to do the same for Terry.

muh colors.jpg

Have fun chums

blackghost

Smash Champion
Come on, Sakurai. Please give us a female newcomer this time. Reimu, Arle, Edelgard/Fem Byleth, Lara Croft, Dixie Kong, Shantae, Urbosa, Pauline, etc. There are so many options. Either that or a Pokemon, maybe.

I don't like how they copied K. Rool's trailer for this. They could have done so much else, but they chose the lazy way out because "lol they're both Rare characters XD".
you see laziness and i see fanservice. but it was objectively the cheaper option. the cg trailers aint cheap.

traditionally Nintendo has used cgi trailers regarding smash for characters that either fans want to see together(k rool), announcements (brawl reveal), or to show off character redesigns( somewhat brawl as well).

i think the first time dante and bayonetta formally meet would be worth a cg trailer.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

I know Hina already said it, but I'll say it again:

Do you want us to die of alcohol poisoning? Because that's what'll happen.

Smash fans call any character they don't like a "literal who," so you're going to be drinking a ****-ton regardless of who gets in.

Hinata

Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Apparently there's a leak from ResetERA, a forum which has a strict anti-leak policy (as in, if you post fake leaks you get insta-banned). So the fact that this particular leak hasn't been shot down yet means something, apparently. I dunno the specifics. It's more of a hint than an outright leak, but I'm gonna spoiler it just in case.

The character is in a similar vein to Bayonetta. As in, Nintendo doesn't own them, but Nintendo is the reason their series is still alive.

Any responses should also be spoilered, just for common courtesy.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord

I hadn't even played much of Banjo-Kazooie by the time they got in (Only played the first world), and it's unfortunately one of the only Smash reveals I missed live.

But despite all that, watching this trailer just fills me with so much joy, and the amount of love they put in for the characters and their series is just so pleasing to see. Heck, the end of the trailer has a bunch of iconic characters celebrating their inclusion, further emphasizing how important these two really are.

This has to be one of my favorite Smash reveals ever, and it's the only trailer that can always bring tears to my eyes.
I remember watching this trailer live and seeing that jiggy bounce across the screen... and it was then I immediately knew it was gonna be Banjo-Kazooie. Still, it was fun seeing the K. Rool trailer done again with a different character, even if the outcome was obvious.

Does anyone think Fighter 5's trailer could be another sequel to a previous trailer? Such as...
i think the first time dante and bayonetta formally meet would be worth a cg trailer.
... such as Hero and Bayonetta fighting off Dharkon's forces together, with Dante eventually jumping in to help?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

The feeling of having this big Family reunion at the end with Banjo and the Nintendo guys at the end brings me so much joy.

Plus seeing Sonic alongside Banjo again makes it even better.

D

Deleted member

Apparently there's a leak from ResetERA, a forum which has a strict anti-leak policy (as in, if you post fake leaks you get insta-banned). So the fact that this particular leak hasn't been shot down yet means something, apparently. I dunno the specifics. It's more of a hint than an outright leak, but I'm gonna spoiler it just in case.

The character is in a similar vein to Bayonetta. As in, Nintendo doesn't own them, but Nintendo is the reason their series is still alive.

do we know who exactly posted this, like are they reputable etc

D

Deleted member

The 3 Sakurai's holding up involves him mentioning the Three Kingdoms! Cmon Sakurai I wanna feel validated!

but **** 35 minutes? Whoever this specific character for FP5 is could have quite a lot of things said about them. Hopefully, Sakurai doesn't spoil Classic Mode again like he did with Terry; I like to go through that blindly.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

tumblr_pbnmf3Bddy1tkj29ao6_500.png

It's time boys.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
... I'm gonna resist the urge, tempting though it may be, to click that ResetERA leak and potentially spoil who Fighter 5 is for myself.

All I'll ask, is the "leaker" behind it reputable and does he have a decent track record?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Intriguing.

IT'S COOKING MAMA TIME!

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
do we know who exactly posted this, like are they reputable etc
Someone named Zippo that has been claiming to have a fair amount of Nintendo information for a few days now. I've been told ResetERA tends to not let people like that go unchecked moderation wise, so take from it what you will.

But really, it's not much to go off of to be honest and Zippo hasn't really done anything to make themselves particularly credible from what I've seen.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

it says also there’s a possibility it’s a woman and/or a person of color

D

Deleted member

AMEN HALLELUJAH!!!

Flyboy

Smash Hero

****ing imagine if all this time the elma gang played the long game and we end up winning

or.....Travis...?? Travis time? M-maybe?

Hinata

Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
SPOILER_image0.png

Last edited:

I.D.

Smash Lord
Someone named Zippo that has been claiming to have a fair amount of Nintendo information for a few days now. I've been told ResetERA tends to not let people like that go unchecked moderation wise, so take from it what you will.

But really, it's not much to go off of to be honest and Zippo hasn't really done anything to make themselves particularly credible from what I've seen.
From what I see it's just more "I don't know who the character is but somehow I know who it isn't and a bunch of extra details" bull****.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Zippo is in the know on some things, but don't message him for information. He may not know anything about FP5.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom