• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
>not as mainstream as ppl thought
>Robin & Lucina were revealed in an impromptu stream sans Direct
>Shulk was properly revealed in a JP only direct showing Xenoblade 3D, shadow dropped for everyone else

maybe it’s someone from a similar not as mainstream series...?
KOS-MOS time, baby!

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Sakurai is holding up 3 fingers because he too is upset by the fact that Rayman 3 has yet to be succeeded by Rayman 4, and he will spend 10 of the 35 minutes ****ing on Ubisoft for the major inconvenience because he really wanted the tie-in for Rayman's reveal

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Also I hope that Sabi, Verge and company will remain quiet and don't leak the character (if they know who is FP5, of course). We're a few hours away to the presentation, leaking the character now would be unnecessary.

Um you do know probably most if not all of those were jokes right?
Yeah of course, I'm saying this for the people who thinks that Sakurai's sign it's an actual hint. Maybe not here but I'm seeing a good amount of people on Twitter thinking that it means something

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Not sure how true it is, but YouTube stream supposedly has the following keywords:

[\"nintendo\",\"play\",\"play nintendo\",\"game\",\"gameplay\",\"fun\",\"video game\",\"kids\",\"action\",\"adventure\",\"rpg\"]

Probably means nothing, but it’s fun to speculate!
Even if those tags have been up for Terry, I do think it's worth looking into. After all, the characters we got have been two from RPGs, one from an action-adventure game and one from an action game (specifically a fighting game). Maybe check Hero or Joker just to be safe? Because otherwise, I can see it being a character from one of those genres (which doesn't narrow jack **** but hey).

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I think Sakurai's hand is just a common gesture used in Japan. Nothing more, nothing less. It's not worth discussing really.

I do think FP5 may be someone more niche than people thought or a character people thought is impossible or unlikely to be picked, though. This pass has been full of characters people turned a blind eye on, mostly.

But this gives me some ideas how the presentation may go:
- Brief Trailer
- Sakurai opening up post trailer of the character.
- Discussing the series said character is in and its history, especially if it isn't as mainstream as people thought FP5 would be from.
- Their moveset, stage, and music
- Release date and Patch Notes
- Amiibo & Mii Costume releases(Possibly)
- MAYBE some info on Post-Pass even if we aren't shown a character. A big maybe.

At least that's how I think the Smash direct structure may go. I could be wrong, though.
I expect you're right on the money with this.

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
Sakurai’s just holding up his fingers because he’s been working on Fighter Pack 5’s presentation for three whole days

28FBCE7B-48B5-45EC-9BA8-90A3DC452356.jpeg

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Even if those tags have been up for Terry, I do think it's worth looking into. After all, the characters we got have been two from RPGs, one from an action-adventure game and one from an action game (specifically a fighting game). Maybe check Hero or Joker just to be safe? Because otherwise, I can see it being a character from one of those genres (which doesn't narrow jack **** but hey).
Video game genre classification can be subjective to a degree, but typically platformers are considered action games, not action-adventure. So it'd be two for RPG, two for action (platformer and fighting), and none currently from action adventure.

That being said these seem more like non indicative tags for SEO purposes. Pretty standard stuff.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
If the tags are hinting towards an action-RPG character we have characters like Sora, Lloyd, or Dragonborn who all have brown in their outfits or hair, and 2B as a frontrunner for an action-RPG character. I don't think the tags mean anything but it's definitely interesting.

D

Deleted member

I don’t see the tags in the stream. Where did he find them?

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
So while the wording of the announcement implies we're only getting one character revealed, how likely do you think it is that Sakurai will still at least go into details about future DLC without revealing another character?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I also just realized that since they're pulling a Robin with DLC #6 here, we can't predict the reveal dates of future DLC now.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
the Action Adventure RPG tags appear on all the fighter videos

suffice to say, banjo and terry are not RPG characters

edit: in fact, make that every video on their channel

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You ****ers ready for Hayabusa or Doom Slayer??

Yacobo

Smash Apprentice
I like how even the most plausible answers for who fighter 5 still have reasonable arguments against them.

slrigeigdew

Smash Journeyman
the Action Adventure RPG tags appear on all the fighter videos

suffice to say, banjo and terry are not RPG characters

edit: in fact, make that every video on their channel
Reminds me of when people used the Nintendo YT channel updates and private videos as "proof" that a Smash direct with multiple reveals was coming... only for people to find out that they were just reuploading old commercials lol

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
So while the wording of the announcement implies we're only getting one character revealed, how likely do you think it is that Sakurai will still at least go into details about future DLC without revealing another character?
If FP5 drops immediately after the video, I can see the direct also including a trailer for FP6. If FP5 doesn't drop for a bit, I don't think they'd want to steal its thunder with another reveal.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
That may or may not mean anything, since we don’t know for sure if that picture of him posing is actually from the presentation or not. Maybe it is, but yeah.

Oh no, the Mr. Sakurai Presents is going to be taken down by COPPA for appealing too much to kids! /s
Something people in the Geno thread also found out is that this also applies to other presentations: in the thumbnails for Terry and Banjo, you can see their colors around the cropped image of Sakurai.

Last edited:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I'm banking on Dante for Thursday.

However: Hayabusa, Doomguy, Master Chief, Lara Croft, Crash or even Kratos I can see as surprises. Or it could be none of them.

It's just waiting time for Thursday.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Something people in the Geno thread also found out is that this also applies to other presentations: in the thumbnails for Terry and Banjo, you can see their colors around the cropped image of Sakurai.
Ahh okay... I wonder when the thumbnail makers are going to catch on to this? Yet another case of Nintendo themselves being the ones to accidentally imply newcomers (although, at least this time it’s really vague since it’s just a color...)

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Also I hope that Sabi, Verge and company will remain quiet and don't leak the character (if they know who is FP5, of course). We're a few hours away to the presentation, leaking the character now would be unnecessary.
Not to mention that revealing who it is now wouldn't make them immensely credible since we'd find out not long after that.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I think it’s time to shed some light

This has ben found in the geno and doomguy thread so sharing in my words

Also if you look at the outline of his hair

Now to prove this isn’t farfetch let’s go back to terry and banjo

Banjo

Look at th shoulder blue

The arm has brown

Red and yellow in the hair

Even more obvious

On the shoulder red and you can even tell it’s from terry’s shirt

And on his hair the blue background from his character portrait

It means the videos pick up the background of the character in his outline

So who could have a brown background and green/dark green

There’s only 2 answers

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comme..._medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf&utm_term=link

It’s one of the two mark my words

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

Banjo
Look at th shoulder blue

The arm has brown

Even more obvious

There’s only 2 answers

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comme..._medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf&utm_term=link

Personally I'm rather skeptical, I remember people using pixels to prove that Isaac was suppose to be on the character banner during Grinch days.

Even if it's true that we get a character with a dark color pallet, that still doesn't exactly narrow it down.

Flyboy

Smash Hero

Banjo
Look at th shoulder blue

The arm has brown

Even more obvious

There’s only 2 answers

Oh yeah. It's all coming together.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I just hope NOTHING leaks within the next day and a half. I did not on Twitter that the background color of the character COULD be brown, judging by the color of the background behind Sakurai, but that could either be absolutely nothing or point towards a LOT of characters. Doom Slayer, Geno, etc.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I only want to be spoiled if it’s KOS-MOS or Elma. Anyone else, keep it secret

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Nintendo's Final Smash is JoyCon Drift, which reverses the controls of all opponents while making them much easier to launch. :p
You thought that was Nintendo's Final Smash but it was his...
149a9a9852ee2f36434958485513.gif
Shinji Hirako (from bleach)
Not sure how true it is, but YouTube stream supposedly has the following keywords:

[\"nintendo\",\"play\",\"play nintendo\",\"game\",\"gameplay\",\"fun\",\"video game\",\"kids\",\"action\",\"adventure\",\"rpg\"]

Probably means nothing, but it’s fun to speculate!
Action/Adventure? O̶k̶a̶m̶i̶.

Sakurai's three fingers? Three Divine Instruments (weapons)
A̶m̶a̶t̶e̶r̶a̶s̶u̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶n̶s̶i̶f̶i̶e̶s̶

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Given the possible chance I might not see it all due to my doctors appointment (Its not until 10 but have to leave before then). I'd like someone to send me the entire Smash direct through PM to watch without being spoiled.

Assuming anyone can remember this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom