• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Uhh, guys?

What's it supposed to mean?
There was a leaker lurking just off-camera, so Sakurai fired three lasers out of his fingers at once to stop them before they could spoil the reveal.

Look at him, so casual while he does that!

Eldrake

Smash Lord
There was a leaker lurking just off-camera, so Sakurai fired three lasers out of his fingers at once to stop them before they could spoil the reveal.

Look at him, so casual while he does that!
Sakurai: Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru
Leaker: NANI!? [Explodes into kirby krackles]

Krankees

Smash Ace
Can't really say anything about that since we have 0 idea how post Pass will work. It may just end up being characters from companies that have 0 DLC yet, it may not. The first character will give us a lot of info on what type of DLC it will end up being.

Current frontrunners based on rumours are characters like Dante, Lloyd, Ryu; and none of those companies have gotten a character through DLC yet. But then again who really knows yet?
I was mostly making a joke on the Dante part by hinting Phoenix Wright (please Sakurai I'm desperate) for Fighter #5.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
??? is a common placeholder name used when the player character doesn't know what the speaking character's name is.
Shoutout to everyone in Pokémon G/S who named their rival "???" since that's how he introduced himself when you fought him the first time!

But seriously, how else was little tween me supposed to know him saying "My name is ???." meant "Fill in whatever name you like."

Droodle

Smash Lord
I was mostly making a joke on the Dante part by hinting Phoenix Wright (please Sakurai I'm desperate) for Fighter #5.
Yeah I know, and I would love Phoenix Wright in Smash.

If Arle ends up as character 5, there would be no "coincidences" stopping both Dante and Phoenix in the post Pass.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
For a "there's a snowball's chance in a furnace but a chance nonetheless" character, The Bioshock Collection got rated by the Taiwan boards for Nintendo Switch.

Big Daddy or Booker and/or Elizabeth?

I'd go for Elizabeth myself, with her three main alts: Innocent, endgame and Rapture.

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Sakurai is just dabbing at all of the leakers that couldn't discover who FP5 is (and i think the "Oracles" could be a jab at that too)
So, do we have reason to believe Dante isn’t most likely?

I just drop by once a day, so I miss most conversations.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
For a "there's a snowball's chance in a furnace but a chance nonetheless" character, The Bioshock Collection got rated by the Taiwan boards for Nintendo Switch.

Big Daddy or Bokker and/or Elizabeth?

I'd go for Elizabeth myself, with her three main alts: Innocent, endgame and Rapture.
Ah yes, my favorite BioShock character, Bokker Dooit.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman

Based on everything that happened so far, I don't think so. This was just the voice actor wanting Dante to appear, not that he's confirmed or deconfirmed.
And, to be frank, it's better to be in the dark.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Sakurai: Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru
Leaker: NANI!? [Explodes into kirby krackles]
Sakurai after the fact: *Puts on his 4Kids filter before he turns on his camera. For good boys and girls of all ages* Y'all been clahberred dat dere leaker! :4dedede:

Big Daddy or Bokker and/or Elizabeth?

I'd also go for Elizabeth, primarily because she'd possibly be a mechanically interesting character. Also, while it'd be great to see a PSASBR veteran - Big Daddy in this case - in Smash fully (not counting Raiden because of his NPC roles in Smash) it's much easier to predict Big Daddy's moveset because of that. I'm a pretty big fan of some unpredictability after all.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

The fact that the devs previously said he wasn't happening but thanks to
NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENTS
we can't know which is the truth

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Based on everything that happened so far, I don't think so. This was just the voice actor wanting Dante to appear, not that he's confirmed or deconfirmed.
I would have said the developer saying to lookout for DMC “SSSpecial news” on Jan 16 would be the thing to watch out for.

If it was just a normal direct I wouldn’t bat an eye, but it’s just a 35 min character announcement, right?
What did I miss that dismisses that?

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
If they'll say anything can we please not bring it up here untill atleast after the stream? We should't be paying attention to them when we are this close.
But this is Newcomer Speculation? If something happens it will inevitably be brought up here. You will be the one who is in the wrong place at the wrong time if you expect otherwise

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Shoutout to everyone in Pokémon G/S who named their rival "???" since that's how he introduced himself when you fought him the first time!

But seriously, how else was little tween me supposed to know him saying "My name is ???." meant "Fill in whatever name you like."
My headcannon is that the rival's canonical name is always Silver, but the cop pressured you into calling him the first thing that popped into your head, and it stuck.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One last thought, Dante could be in the game... as a Mii Swordfighter costume that you get for free if you buy DMC3 on Switch.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
One last thought, Dante could be in the game... as a Mii Swordfighter costume that you get for free if you buy DMC3 on Switch.
Devil Trigger as an included music track or we riot

idc if Dante is playable or not I JUST NEED THAT SONG

Last edited:

Yacobo

Smash Apprentice
What is it about Sakurai that makes it so he could do literally anything and it becomes great meme potential?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Sakurai’s hand sign obviously means Mother 3, so we’re getting Porky.

Or it’s Sora, because I just saw a pic of Sora making the same hand sign. He does form a heart below his other three fingers.

Or it’s nothing and it’s either a gesture I don’t know or is completely irrelevant.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Another thing to remember is the Cacomallow leak.

If the next character isn't related to either of them, then I'd say that's a huge strike against its credibility.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Uhh, guys?

What's it supposed to mean?
Take your pick:

1. Nothing

2. We're getting three new characters instead of one

3. The newcomer only has three fingers on their hands

4. Absolutely nothing.

5. Sakurai has three things to reveal in the stream (this ones boring and will probably happen anyway)

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Another thing to remember is the Cacomallow leak.

If the next character isn't related to either of them, then I'd say that's a huge strike against its credibility.
I thought modders being able to create a damn near perfect recreation of the costumes and Nintendo allowing the video to continue existing on YouTube were enough of a blow to the "leak".

Droodle

Smash Lord
As a sora fan, I dont think him doing the same hand sign means much
Yeah, people are reading in too much to the hand sign when it most likely means nothing.

Imagine if Sakurai was doing a hand stand instead; and people thought that the next DLC is a character that is known for doing hand stands.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Take your pick:

1. Nothing

2. We're getting three new characters instead of one

3. The newcomer only has three fingers on their hands

4. Absolutely nothing.

5. Sakurai has three things to reveal in the stream (this ones boring and will probably happen anyway)
What three non character things could they show off tho?

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Been seeing a lot of jumping the gun and lots of theories based on Sakurai's hand sign from the picture. Reminds me of the "Daisy Theory" from a few weeks back, and to the extent the "Chair Theory" from the 2018 August Smash Direct where a good number of people thought Skull Kid was playable.

And based on the recent Dante rumors, there is a good chance the dates Matt Walker put up are coincidental and the upcoming character could be someone else, more than likely.

This site is going to be quite chaotic regardless of whoever gets announced on Thursday.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
The DMC twitter account announces three dates to keep an eye out for.

A VA who worked on DMCV mentions Dante being in Smash.

Nintendo announces the reveal for fighter 5 on one of those three dates.

Dante fans right now.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
What three non character things could they show off tho?
Well I was thinking the character reveal would be one thing. I guess if they had more modes to show off or features that would be another.

Maybe he'd also announce some more amiibo's as well?

I guess they could also reveal another stage being sold separately as well (like the super mario maker stage) Since the pass will be finished as soon as fighter #5 releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom