• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well, with less than two days to go I've decided to hope for my boy, the number one assassin, the No More Hero, the one who strikes down goddamn superheroes and strikes back, Travis Touchdown!

I mean...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Why are people still thinking Dante is still in the run

The creator already deconfirmed him
I invoke the darkest of all speculation incantations

*Deep breath*

NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENTS

I don't necessarily want it to be Dante but it is a possibility.

As for me, I'm gonna miss the livestream due to an interview so I'll have my brother have it loaded for playing when I get back. Avoid all the spoilers YouTube will fling at me.

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman
I would be okay with Dante.
Not one of my favourites, but I think he could be a great addition to Smash!

Eldrake

Smash Lord
You know what would be a really funny irony? If that one 4chan leaked that had so many accurate DMCV details but got "Dante in Smash" wrong turned out to be right after two years.
I've always assumed that it was a DMC5 dev who wanted to see Dante in Smash, and figured that leaking DMC5 with false Dante in Smash info would help bring Dante into the picture.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
sakurai doing phoenix's spiky hair with his fingers is my new favourite theory and i can't wait to be disappointed

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
I doubt we will get a double reveal. But I think a release the same date as the presentation is a big possibility. Why else would we get a pseudo stream?

Last edited:

Yacobo

Smash Apprentice
Would've preferred a full direct but this will do. Hope the character is a good one.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
I'm honestly not that invested in who it could be since I've gotten all of my dream characters, but there's a lot of solid picks out there that I could see myself being at least kinda impressed by. All I can hope is that they're not incredibly gimmicky.

D

Deleted member

Anyways, I'm gonna go listen to jazz. Someone @ me if Bomberman is leaked.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
@ me if either KOS-MOS or Elma are leaked. Or if they’re not leaked beforehand @ me if they’re revealed in the presentation as I’ll be working

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Isn't there supposed to be a big Elder Scrolls presentation Thursday afternoon?

What if Fighter 5 was Dragonborn and Bethesda uses Smash to get people to tune in to their presentation? I would rather have Doomguy personally but ehh.

I was of mind that anything Bethesda related would be after the pass but it might just be #5.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So just to get an idea. I live in Canada of Ontario. What time would 6 AM PT be?

I want to be sure so I don't miss out and go to bed early.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Why are people still thinking Dante is still in the run

The creator already deconfirmed him

For me if sources are wrong doomguy or Ryu hayabusa or geno

If correct master chief or whoever the puzzle girl papa Genos said
I think you're thinking of when Hideaki Itsuno (the director of DMC3-5) said that Dante likely wouldn't be in if he didn't have a game on a Nintendo system. Ignoring the Project X Zone games, DMC1 was announced for the Switch about three months later, and while I don't know how long it takes to port a game to a system, three months seems like an incredibly short turn-around.

As for Hideki Kamiya (the creator of Dante), I don't know what he's had to say about it (he blocked me on Twitter for replying to one of his tweets in English), but he did put up a poll about which of his characters (Dante, Viewtiful Joe, Amaterasu, Wonder Red) that people would like to see in Smash, and from what I recall, Dante won that one pretty handily.

So just to get an idea. I live in Canada of Ontario. What time would 6 AM PT be?

I want to be sure so I don't miss out and go to bed early.
9 AM EST

Last edited:

Rikarte

Smash Ace
It is 35 minutes long.
We will get gameplay, history and a trailer and Terry took 40 minutes alone.

At best we'll get a teaser.
If we're not going through the character's entire classic mode again I'd say 35 minutes is more than enough for 2 reveals, assuming the second one is just a Joker-like teaser with no gameplay. Chances for that are pretty low though if you ask me.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I know Sakurai said they're not doing cinematic trailers anymore to save for budget......
But just this once I hope he makes an exception for an epic trailer of Bayonetta vs Dante.

Last edited:

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
If we're not going through the character's entire classic mode again I'd say 35 minutes is more than enough for 2 reveals, assuming the second one is just a Joker-like teaser with no gameplay. Chances for that are pretty low though if you ask me.
Oh right, there was the Classic mode. I completely forgot about that.

But they "must" reveal the 2nd Fighters pass eventually. Tomorrow might be the best time for that (or maybe they just make it purchaseable in the eShop with no bigger announcement with it).

Last edited:

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
That weird pose... Jojo's confirmed.
At last some news, finally. And no serious leaks around so it's OK, probably I'll try to avoid this world till then, an idiot ruined Banjo-Kazooie's surprise and I don't wan't to know if the date is almost here.
The pose, his tweet... Sakurai is playing with us, lovely son of a

Last edited:

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Thursday will be a fun day on the Internet. Just seeing people so lost about who they think it is/who it actually is will be worth it.

But they "must" reveal the 2nd Fighters pass eventually. Tomorrow might be the best time for that (or maybe they just make it purchaseable in the eShop with no bigger announcement with it).
There is the maintenance for passes on the 20th. Hmmmmmmmmmmm...........

Rikarte

Smash Ace

But they "must" reveal the 2nd Fighters pass eventually. Tomorrow might be the best time for that.
I don't think there will be a second Fighters Pass simply because individual DLC packs would leave the team way more freedom when it comes to content and deadlines.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Show me the pictures of the Byleth Figma. Oh wait, you can't because only Edelgard has one. Show me the Byleth cosplayers hired by Nintendo for official events. Oh wait Edelgard has those too.
I highly doubt that would put Edelgard at a much bigger advantage than Byleth.

Even if Edelgard is heavily marketed by Nintendo, the choice still ultimately falls on Sakurai. Byleth would be someone Sakurai will also look into as well and Byleth doesn’t lack marketing or an interesting move set either.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Hoping we'll get some info on the next batch of characters, but after Terry's 40-minute presentation, I'm just preparing myself for one fighter.

Not sure if it'll be a same-day release though. The presentation is a day before the amiibo release, so they could've easily added the character and the amiibo functionality in a single patch.

D

Deleted member

Now just imagine if the three fingers is just Sakurai redoing a pose from his favorite band.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I love how every fanbase is quick to tie in the 3 fingers thing with their most wanted lol.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Dante is currently trending on twitter and not only because of Smash. lol

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
My partner just brought up that it's interesting how the thumbnail has an orange tint to it.

Color theory...win

(Also Travis has a Tiger motif and gold/orange sunglasses I'M JUST SAYING)

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Something else that we are bound to get with the new Direct:

Mii Costumes

I wonder which ones we'll get...

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I love how every fanbase is quick to tie in the 3 fingers thing with their most wanted lol.
Three fingers is like three eyes. Kraid has three eyes.

K R A I D C O N F I R M E D

TIME FOR LIGHTWEIGHT SCRUBS TO GET STOMPED. LITERALLY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom